? about oil on bomber rebuild....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

? about oil on bomber rebuild....

at enduro seals.com they say to use a 7.5 weight oil,is this a petroleum based oil or mineral type oil?

Freshly Fujified

Neither

Use synthetic. Enduro sells a synthetic fork oil, and to quote the Marzocchi web site:

"Marzocchi only recommends the use of high quality, synthetic fork oil to be used in the Bomber forks."

Best Wishes,

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Well kind of....

The oil that Marzocchi puts in your fork at the factory is Golden Spectro 125/150 Cartridge Fork Fluid. It is a Synthetic/Petroleum blended product. I've used other stuff in my Zocch forks, but have yet to find anything that performs better. The nice thing about GS is that it can be purchased at motorcycle shops for about $8.50 to $10.00 a quart. That is a significant savings over the smaller bottles of (the same) stuff that Marzocchi sells with their name on it. And depending on the fork, you can get at least 2 oil changes out of a quart, sometimes 3. Anyway thats the stuff that comes from the factory and what I would recommend. There are others out there that will work, Silkolene, Motorex, etc. But I haven't found anything that works better than the GS, and there are a few that don't preform as well.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

not so super...
    I use the Maxima Racing fork Fluid in my Zocchi. I buy the 125/150. If you can't find it in a motorcycle shop you can order it online here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    thanks for the info guys.....

Members who have read this thread: 0