888rc upgrade springs?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

888rc upgrade springs?

hey guys iv been lookin but I cant find where to buy stiffer springs for my rc, it seems alittle soft no matter what I do I have the compression sleve in and preload set to the firm setting, im about 195-200lbs, where do I go to get them, and what speings do I change the top ones or the bottom?

Dirt Diva Little h

888 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Func413
    hey guys iv been lookin but I cant find where to buy stiffer springs for my rc, it seems alittle soft no matter what I do I have the compression sleve in and preload set to the firm setting, im about 195-200lbs, where do I go to get them, and what speings do I change the top ones or the bottom?

I emailed Marzocchi to find the part number for softer springs for my 888rc. Then just do a search in google fwith the stiffer spring part number. They cost about $40 if your go thru your LBS. You just change the long spring they are about 10". Be careful when you change it not to lose the little half circle clip that goes on the rod. Mine shot off and it took 3 people 20 mintues to find it and we got lucky. Good Luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There is only one spring per side in the 888, not like the older styles (Super-T, etc) that have 2. You want the green ones -- I have them and they are a huge improvement! As for the tiny preload c-clips Heather mentioned, yes be very careful with them, in fact slide them up and off the top of the rod. If you pull them off the side, you will most likely bend and ruin them.

mtbr member
    Try Go-ride.com....They stock springs and small parts. You will have to call them and see what they have.

Wyrm
    Bikeless Rider

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    thanx everyone for the help

Members who have read this thread: 0