7.875 x 2.25 Swinger 4 way coil? Does it exist?- Mtbr.com
    Certified Moots Whore...

7.875 x 2.25 Swinger 4 way coil? Does it exist?

I have a 2005 Heckler that came with a Manitou Swinger 4 way coil that supposedly has a 2.25 stroke. According to Manitou's website, the shock on my bike does not exist. Does this stroke size exist? Does anyone else have one?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Clever...
    I have a 2005 Heckler that came with a Manitou Swinger 4 way coil that supposedly has a 2.25 stroke. According to Manitou's website, the shock on my bike does not exist. Does this stroke size exist? Does anyone else have one?
    Last I checked it did not exist. If it does I will buy one tommorow. Who told you yours was 2.25"?

Certified Moots Whore...

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

It does actually exist! I went to manitou's website and downloaded the 2005 catalog. It states that the 4 way coil comes in 7.875x2.00 and 7.875x2.25. I called manitou and they said that the 2.25 is not sold to the public but comes stock on several bikes... including the 2005 heckler. I checked the stroke length by measuring like they said to do and it is definitely a 2.25 stroke! I knew it felt like I had more travel than my other 5 inch bike. If you are interested then PM me or email me at [email protected]. I am looking at getting an air shock to lighten up my hoss...

TNC
    noMAD man

It is sold publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Clever...
    It does actually exist! I went to manitou's website and downloaded the 2005 catalog. It states that the 4 way coil comes in 7.875x2.00 and 7.875x2.25. I called manitou and they said that the 2.25 is not sold to the public but comes stock on several bikes... including the 2005 heckler. I checked the stroke length by measuring like they said to do and it is definitely a 2.25 stroke! I knew it felt like I had more travel than my other 5 inch bike. If you are interested then PM me or email me at [email protected]. I am looking at getting an air shock to lighten up my hoss...
    It's in BTI's catalog, and others. I just checked at the shop today and was going to tell you, but I see you found out.

Members who have read this thread: 0