66 Light external preload adjustment- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

66 Light external preload adjustment

OK theres one thing that I dont understand (even with the manual). 66 light ETA:
    eta, easy
    air sag adjustment, easy
    rebound, yip
    the external preload in the right lower leg is a kind of hex-valve, bit in the manual is a kind of lever. Because theres no lever I assume I need a tool to move it...I tried a small hex and doesnt fit. How can I move the valve to make it click without braking anything?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMATRAIL
    OK theres one thing that I dont understand (even with the manual). 66 light ETA:
    eta, easy
    air sag adjustment, easy
    rebound, yip
    the external preload in the right lower leg is a kind of hex-valve, bit in the manual is a kind of lever. Because theres no lever I assume I need a tool to move it...I tried a small hex and doesnt fit. How can I move the valve to make it click without braking anything?
    What?

The lower right leg is the low speed compression adjuster knob.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    yes, but mine is not a knob is a piece of metal, like a valve. Am I missing something?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMATRAIL
    yes, but mine is not a knob is a piece of metal, like a valve. Am I missing something?
    Probably.

I'd wager that the red adjuster knob has fallen off, there's a small allen bolt that holds it in place. Look for a small hole on the bottom of that "valve" where a small bolt threads in.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Im pretty sure the red adjuster knob just fallen of because I dont find any knob. Yes I can see the small hole....mmmmm Im going to see what can I do.
    If theres no knob, how can I make it work?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

another one lost

Did you figure out a easy way to adjust it? Maybe Marzocchi can send us new ones??

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I had good experience in marzocchi products (forks), but marzocchi costumer service is terrible. I really hope they have any extra knob around there.

Members who have read this thread: 0