650B fork for a Scott Spark 30- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

650B fork for a Scott Spark 30

looking at going 650B on my spark. Now the fork I run is a RS REBA SL. The arch is too low, so that means new fork! Now I have been reading around that there are some 26" forks that will accommodate the 650B wheel size. Such as the XFusion Velvet. I have also read that the Fox F32 will accommodate it, and from looking at the clearance on bikes it looks like it will do that just nicely.

Now I know that Fox did release a letter stating that the 32's are meant for 26" only.

I am looking to see if anybody out there has had experience running a Fox as a 650B fork or has used the Velvet?

Also, If that is a yes. Do you think that the stresses with the bigger wheel would be too great for the fork legs?
    Broadway Bikes: Grease Monkey/Sales/you name it, we do it

Rubber side down is never bad!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chwesley
    looking at going 650B on my spark. Now the fork I run is a RS REBA SL. The arch is too low, so that means new fork! Now I have been reading around that there are some 26" forks that will accommodate the 650B wheel size. Such as the XFusion Velvet. I have also read that the Fox F32 will accommodate it, and from looking at the clearance on bikes it looks like it will do that just nicely.

Now I know that Fox did release a letter stating that the 32's are meant for 26" only.

I am looking to see if anybody out there has had experience running a Fox as a 650B fork or has used the Velvet?

Also, If that is a yes. Do you think that the stresses with the bigger wheel would be too great for the fork legs?

Also would using a 650B fork affect the geometry greatly or would it just make it more up right like I am thinking it would?
    Broadway Bikes: Grease Monkey/Sales/you name it, we do it

Rubber side down is never bad!

Members who have read this thread: 0