5th Element poor customer service- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

5th Element poor customer service

5th Element poor customer service.Anyone agree?
    I sent back my shock for a replacement claim because the damper body turn rust.I never use the shock before and its brand new from the box ..how can this happen,right???
    They dont even get me a new damper body and asked me to re-paint it by myself.
    This is silly,right?We as a end user,we paid $$$ for this shock and we get defective one.Do you think this is fair?If this happen to you guys...how and what you gonna do?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think you should talk to someone else besides the person you dealt with first. See what they say. Word of advice- be firm but professional. If they think you're just a punk kid, they won't give you as much attention. Also tell them that you will post your postive or negative experiences on this Forum and others and tell it like it is.

Ask for a replacement and ask to speak to the warranty rep or his supervisor. Going up the chain has always worked for me. Write down the names of the people you talk to.

Sorry, I can't offer you more advice but this approach always works for me.

mtbr member
    You gotta start a new thread now since the posts in your old one turned against you? Hey, if you write intelligently and coherently you will sound more credible and maybe more people will believe you. You could have the most valid complaint, but if you come across as a crazy nut no one will listen to a word you say and look to discredit you at every turn.

For example: I saw this guy on the corner in army fatigues with the long beard waving around hand written flyers about getting the US out of the UN. I'm sure he has a lot of valid reasons to do so, but his delivery automatically labels himself as a right wing extremist nut that probably belongs to some militia group. I never walk over to they guy. Now if he had professionally written and published pamphlets and dressed well and was well groomed, he'd get a LOT more people interested. It's just a matter of fact.

In summary, if you can't write well, first write in microsoft word, use their grammar and spell checkers, then convert ot plain text, then copy past to the forum. You'd go alot further.
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9point5
    5th Element poor customer service.Anyone agree?
    I sent back my shock for a replacement claim because the damper body turn rust.I never use the shock before and its brand new from the box ..how can this happen,right???
    They dont even get me a new damper body and asked me to re-paint it by myself.
    This is silly,right?We as a end user,we paid $$$ for this shock and we get defective one.Do you think this is fair?If this happen to you guys...how and what you gonna do?
    Yup... get over it.

You might have a valid complain but I just can't get it.

The phosphatized treatment applied to the shock's body wouldn't was about to last forever. Not even in a box if the dealer who store it didn't put a dissecant bag in there.

The problem gets solved with a rag and some grease. Just put some grease on the threads and pass a rag on them until just a very thin film is on the threads.

Also, this is routine maintenance on a coil shock. You just don't leave the collar in its place 'til the cows come home.

Do you have a problem with Progressive??...Thanks for sharing but you already expressed your opinion [that lots of people disagree with, btw] on a thread equal to this one. By posting the same stuff again, you're infringing the rules of these forums too.}

Personally, I don't have Progressive shock, I'd love to be able to afford it but I just can't as for now. But I had dealt with bmadau for stuff not even Progressive brand and his attentions had been priceless... he has mentioned the staff at Progressive is cool as hell and by the way he has treated me, I don't have a hint of doubt... and I'm not even a costumer!!

Try by asking gently in the first place. Commonly when I have to rant against someone I don't do it when I'm still hot... that would lead for me to sound like a jerk, more than a reasonable person.

Finally, if you're angry against Progressive, just sell the freaking shock, send it back (to your dealer) and get your money back. When you be asked, say that Progressive sucks... but if you're not asked, please let it rest dead cold.
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0