2013 Marzocchi 55 CR workshop manual- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012

2013 Marzocchi 55 CR workshop manual

Hi, I am looking to change the spacer in my 2013 Marzocchi 55 CR fork to lower them from 170 to 150mm. Can anyone point me to a set of instructions or a workshop manual?

Abes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    They are very similar process as on a Rockshox Revelation.

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-componen...ml#post6551388

Take a look at the pics.Not the same but similar.Depressurise the fork. The rebound knob pulls off . I can't remember if there is a allen bolt that unscrews or the shaft threads back in to the lowers? The Air side is similar to most forks.Drain oil from lowers on both sides before removing lowers[ collect it carefully if you haven't got replacement oil]. Hold the fork horizontally so you don't loose the oil out of the air chamber.There's a circlip to remove at the base of the air cartridge then pull out the air piston assy while depressing the air valve.There is a alloy plug which is pressed on the base of the rod[ need pliers to pul off] then a bottom out bumper. The spring etc will then slide off the bottom. Remove the spacer then push the spring hard on to base of piston. Assemble in reverse.If you lost the oil in the air chamber add about 5ml of sae 7.5 oil into the air chamber before inserting piston. Depress air valve while pushing piston back into air chamber. Fit the circlip then pump some air in to the chamber to make them easier to assemble. Slide the lowers back on a little then invert and add 20ml of Marzocchi sae 7.5 or Golden Spectro Cartridge Fork Fluid (125/150 in to each leg before sliding them fully home .
    Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension
    Peter Verdone
    You must use the correct oil in lowers of the oil cartridge side as they use the DBC - Dynamic Bleed Cartridge.
    Explaination of DBC here
    An Exclusive First Look at Marzocchi's Brand New DH Fork and Shock - Taipei Show - Pinkbike

For those who have haven't already purchased the fork you can buy the 55 CR off the shelf at 150mm with the spacer fitted or at 170mm with the spacer removed but packaged with the fork.
    Last edited by gvs_nz; 02-27-2014 at 01:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks, I'll give it a go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    We're you able to make the change? I am considering purchasing the 55CR and running at 150mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You can buy the 55 CR off the shelf at 150mm with the spacer already removed but packaged with the fork.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    do these folks take 650b wheels has any one tried cheers