2011 Sektor coil U-turn or 44 RC3 Ti coil...?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

2011 Sektor coil U-turn or 44 RC3 Ti coil...?

Any opinions rearding which of the Rockshox Sektor U-turn coil or the Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti coil forks would be the best choice?
    I do mostly technical trail riding at both fast and slow pace.
    I would prefer the fork to be asstictionless and as plush as possible and low maintenace is a good bonus.
    It will sit on a Knolly Endrophin with a CCDB shock.

Any thoughts on this would be very welcome.

Thanks!
    /Magnus

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    You sure you don't want to go up to a lyric uturn? Seems like it would fit that bike alittle better.
    But, of those two you are looking at- I would go with the sector as rockshox are very easy to service and fix at home. The marzhocchi forks often have to be sent out which is a royal pain.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman00
    You sure you don't want to go up to a lyric uturn? Seems like it would fit that bike alittle better.
    But, of those two you are looking at- I would go with the sector as rockshox are very easy to service and fix at home. The marzhocchi forks often have to be sent out which is a royal pain.
    Thank you for your quick reply!

For the kind of riding I am looking to do and the handling I am after I think the Lyrik will be to tall and a bit heavy. I wouldn't mind the DH damper though!

Thank s agian!
    /Magnus

Not at the table,Carlos!
    I was burned by my 08 Marz66 and dont know If Im ready to trust them again although, from what I've heard and read, It sounds like Marzocchi has turned things around.

I am running the Sektor U turn with the 20mm thru axel on my Santa Cruz Chameleon and so far Im blown away by it. The trails here in AZ can be very rocky and technical. The fork has handled everything I've thrown at it, including some lite DHing and 4-5' drops.

It came out of the box with almost no stiction and very plush. I love the mission control and the lockout is great for long climbs. If I were heavier I may need a heavier spring but I may be being fooled by how plush it is. I weigh 185lbs.

The Sektor weighs 5lbs, the 44 weighs 4.5lbs.
    The Sektor is around $300 less than the 44.

Good Luck!!!
    JAY~AR~AYE

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    I've been running a 2011 44 RC3 Ti for around 4 months or so and it has been awesome. I didn't have any need for travel adjust or lock out so the 44 suits me fine. You can tune it with the preload, however, to help reduce any bob on the climbs.
    Nice and plush and it tracks great with the 15mm axle and it also surprised me by being stiffer than the Fox Float it replaced.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have never owned a 44 or a 55 so I cant say, however I did just purchase a sektor RL coil u turn, 20mm and I am blown away by how much of an improvement it has made on the overall ride of the bike. I ride in central PA and my friends and I ride man made stuff w/ little down hilling but some 4-5' drops and it is a dream. I went from a 9mm QR and this is very nice. I am a heavier rider (225lbs) I have med springs in it now, I have not bottomed the fork out yet but I will be buying the firmer springs. what sold me on this fork was the fact that it could be lowered to 110mm and used as a DJ fork; could be left an 110mm, locked out and taken on the road to the trail, and then opened up to 150mm with compression turned all the way out and it feels like I am riding a smaller/lighter DH bike. Those were my two choices the 44 or the sektor

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks guys!

This is all very helpfull, but please don't hesitate to add any and all other opinions as well!

Regards
    /Magnus

mtbr member
    I would go with the 44 RC3 if it was me.

mtbr member
    I've just fitted a 44 Micro Ti QR15 to my new Nicolai and I'm very impressed indeed with the fork.

Nice action, feels bottomless and tracks brilliantly

Members who have read this thread: 0