2010/2011 Lyrik Solo Air clicking/knocking air side under compression?- Mtbr.com
    -C-
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

2010/2011 Lyrik Solo Air clicking/knocking air side under compression?

Wonder if anyone can help here.

My Lyrik has a clicking/knocking sound under compression which feels like its coming from the Air side.

It's at about the 50% travel point, and other than making the noise, doesn't appear to be doing anything funky.

Obviously there is something amiss, but Google tells me this isn't a common issue (or I fail with Google).

Anyone else experienced this?

moaaar shimz
    I had this issue with a customer's Lyrik. I tried to find the source of the problem but in the end I converted the Lyrik to coil.

I recommend converting into 2012 Solo Air (with valve core equalization) or to coil.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I haven't had any personal experience with this, but when I was reading the Rock Shox technical manual, it stated: "Symptoms of worn bushings that need to be replaced include, a "knocking" sound from the fork when riding, and/or the headset may feel loose when it isn't." Maybe this is the problem.

The technical manual (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...YhnC9Q&cad=rja) has a couple of different ways to check to see if the bushings are worn.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Not sure what year model air spring you have but check the location (or existence) of the negative piston bumper. It should go under the negative piston. I recently struggled to lower a 2012 solo air to 150mm, fabricating a custom baseplate by cutting the original in half and gluing the pieces back together with spacers. Every time the glue failed to hold it created the same symptoms. I'm fairly certain I could have solved the issue by adding a neg spring bumper between the pieces that broke apart but I just kept trying different gluing techniques until it held together through a whole ride.

See the link for a diagram of what your spring assembly should look like and make sure the bumper is in the right place.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspen...-a-727063.html

Members who have read this thread: 0