2009 Fox Vanilla RC2 springs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

2009 Fox Vanilla RC2 springs

Does anyone know what spring comes as the default in the 2009 Vanilla RC2 fork. I have been bottoming out the fork too easily with 12 clicks of high speed compression and wanted to install a higher rate spring. I removed and inspected the spring in the fork and it was color coded baby blue and the extra springs supplied with the fork are green and red. According to the manual a yellow spring should have the highest spring rate (which is what I want), green is for 175-210 lb riders, and red and baby blue are not listed. The default baby blue spring appears to be the largest of the bunch by visual comparison only. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Old school BMXer
    My 09 VAN RC2 36 came with a blue spring in the fork and a purple and green spring in the box. I weigh 200# and installed the green spring - works great! I had an 08, and it came with the same springs.
    May the air be filled with tires!

Oct 2005
    Can anyone confirm if the Van for 2009 still had the hydraulic bottom out valving?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The 2009 manual mentions that the hydraulic bottom out can be adjusted at the factory. I am going to inquire from my LBS if I can buy a yellow spring for big guys.

Oct 2005
    If it's anything like the earlier ones (and likely is), the user can open the cart and adjust it. Usually, the cart is adjusted at FULL BO from the factory. Does it really say that it can be adjusted only by them?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hydraulic Bottom-Out System
    The 36 VAN is equipped with a patent-pending Internally Adjustable Hydraulic Bottom-Out Control System. This feature can be adjusted inside the cartridge by FOX Racing Shox or an Authorized Service Center. It comes preset from the factory at the FIRM setting.

Oct 2005
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the same one that's been user adjustable, but internal all along.

Members who have read this thread: 0