2005 Boxxer seal replacement Q- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2005 Boxxer seal replacement Q

I think I blew the seal on the right leg of my 2005 Boxxer Team today at Whister, I noticed a small wet spot on the seal at the top of the run, and by the bottom it was running down the right lower!.

I found the Service Guide to replacing the seals on the RS website, but they show a special "tool" for installing the seals. Basically just a tube that the seal fits on making it easier to press it into the leg. Is this an absolute necessity? Or does anyone have other tried and true methods?

I've never worked on the Boxxer before...it was the maiden voyage on a new/used Norco A-Line...so I'm already losing money on it!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    if it's anything like an 06 (im really not sure if it is)...you can kind of shimmy in the seal by hand, or with some gentle help from a flat head screw driver. ya not the "right" way...but it'll do the job, and if you take you're time and you're gentle enough, you wont do any harm. same thing with removing the seals...light touch with a flat head.

mtbr member
    What ive seen most people recommend is to use an appropriate sized socket, as long as the seal lip fits inside and the harder outside edge rests on the walls of the socket, just push that sucker in

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R
    What ive seen most people recommend is to use an appropriate sized socket, as long as the seal lip fits inside and the harder outside edge rests on the walls of the socket, just push that sucker in
    I think that would work...the "tool" in the photo looks like a socket, so it makes sense.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0