'10 Revelation or Float FIT?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

'10 Revelation or Float FIT?

I'm having a dilemma on what to put on the front of my Cannondale Rize 3 (5" trail bike). I got rid of the lefty and will be getting a Revelation Race (3.8lbs, maxle lite, Dual Air, msrp 558) or the Fox Float (3.8lbs, qr15, FIT damper, msrp 750). There is a big MSRP difference, but I'm actually getting either one for about the same price.

Price aside, is there a reason to get the fox over the revelation or vise-versa? I expect stiffness to be the same, weight is the same, but the Revelation is likely more durable, has the awesome Dual Air spring, and RS has much better CS in my experience. I really wanted the Rev when I thought it would be cheaper, but since they are the same price I am kind of hesitating.

I ride mostly xc/trail stuff with lots of roots and a mix of wet/dry weather. Which do you think would be better?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    Which do you think would be better?
    I just put a 2010 150mm Revelation on my Nomad last week... best move for sure. 4 lbs, adjustable travel, compression at the flip of my fingertips - and it's buttery smooth with the black box damping.

pvd
    mtbr member
    Revelation for sure. I have the last version and it's silky. The Fox air forks really suck. I have a Van 32 QR15 that works well.

Members who have read this thread: 0