'08 66ATA Not Getting Full Travel- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

'08 66ATA Not Getting Full Travel

I have a 2008 Marzocchi 66 ATA and I'm having some problems with getting full travel out of it. I weigh about 220lbs geared up. My current pressures are about 55psi in the upper chamber, 100 in the lower chamber, and a few pumps in the PAR. I've checked my oil levels and they seem to be correct.

I never bottom the fork and it's impossible for me to get the last 1.75" of travel. Today I let all the air out of the fork and compressed it, and I still couldn't get the last 1.75" or so to compress. If I remove the left fork cap, I still can't compress the fork all the way (leading me to believe the problem is in the ATA side). If I remove the right fork cap the ATA chamber extends like it is still under pressure and the fork compresses, even though I let all the air pressure out.

I've been struggling with this problem for a while now and want to know if anyone else has experienced or heard of anything similar?? For reference, I've tried running pressures lower than 55/100 and the fork just compresses up to the 1.75" mark really easily and "bottoms" at that point.

Edited to add: I don't have any problems with the actual travel adjust, I can wind it for the full range of 40mm adjustment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Remove the internal tethered piston in the ATA leg and then pressurize the top of the ata valve with the right amount of air, for your weight try 90 psi. Do not pressurize the rc3 leg as it creates to much friction on the seal and you end up with a sticky fork. There is a good post on removing the ata piston somewhere on this website.

Members who have read this thread: 0