07 Revelation...130mm or more?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

07 Revelation...130mm or more?

Is rockshox upping the travel of the 07 revelation to 140mm similar to some of the 07 fox forks? still 130? any info would be helpful. i will likely build a 5.5 travel bike in the next 6months and am interested in the revelation or float or talus...or........ thanks.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz
    Is rockshox upping the travel of the 07 revelation to 140mm similar to some of the 07 fox forks? still 130? any info would be helpful. i will likely build a 5.5 travel bike in the next 6months and am interested in the revelation or float or talus...or........ thanks.
    I don't know why they would offer it in 140mm, when you could get the Pike.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    dropouts and a third of a pound. so no clues or speculation?

Team Blindspot

I don't think a third of a pound on a bike that uses a 140mm fork means anything.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    I don't think a third of a pound on a bike that uses a 140mm fork means anything.
    It matters to people building 25.5 lbs bikes out of 5.8 lbs frames with 5.25-6" travel like the Mojo, Epiphany, and 575 carbon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

spot too

At 5.3" travel, I would say the 5-Spot falls into (at the top of !!!!) the same category. A Uturn revelation with 110-140 travel would be a nice match to a "light weight" trail bike whose owner has a stout but light (and expensive) wheelset and doesn't want to invest in a new 20mm front wheel.

I think it would be equally worthy to offer the Pike in at least one version with longer travel. Rockshox should provide some competition to Zoke's and Fox's single-crown, long-travel market...right?

just my 2 cents...any thoughts?

Jan 2006

Perfect!

At 5.3" travel, I would say the 5-Spot falls into (at the top of !!!!) the same category. A Uturn revelation with 110-140 travel would be a nice match to a "light weight" trail bike whose owner has a stout but light (and expensive) wheelset and doesn't want to invest in a new 20mm front wheel.

I think it would be equally worthy to offer the Pike in at least one version with longer travel. Rockshox should provide some competition to Zoke's and Fox's single-crown, long-travel market...right?

5-Spot near the top of the category, certainly; however the 06 Rev 426 is pretty much a perfect match for light-medium riders on a Titus Moto Lite. 100-130mm is near-perfect for this perfect frame, but 110-140mm would be the Platonic Ideal of "Full Suspension Bike". Heavier? Go Pike on 20mm thru-axle hubs on the same frame - same perfect setup!

Last edited by stuartie; 07-06-2006 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Original not quite flippant enough...

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    It matters to people building 25.5 lbs bikes out of 5.8 lbs frames with 5.25-6" travel like the Mojo, Epiphany, and 575 carbon.
    I don't think anybody can practically percieve a third of a pound difference on a 26lb bike. I see no point to a 140mm revelation, if only not to have to buy a new wheel.

The added stiffness of the Pike will far outweigh and weight penalty. Many who have gone to a Pike have posted no noticable difference with the addes weight.
    Astigmatic Visionary

ಠ_ಠ
    The difference b/w the Pike 454 Air U-Turn w/maxle and Rev 426 U-Turn w/QR would be about 2/3 of a pound 282grams.

The weights for the Pike are grossly misstated on the SRAM site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I guess that new RS Lyrik is the "long travel Pike" answer to their customers. 115-160 mm coil and new Mission Control (Low and Hi speed damping) plus new maxle 360 fits pretty well this market segment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    correct, it matters to me I just put a 130 mm Revelation 1660 gram on my 120mm stumpjumper FSR w the Brain Remote to race Super D in comes in at 24.5 lbs !

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Cycle
    correct, it matters to me I just put a 130 mm Revelation 1660 gram on my 120mm stumpjumper FSR w the Brain Remote to race Super D in comes in at 24.5 lbs !
    I don't have the numbers, but I think the Rev 426 U-Turn is heavier than 1660 grams... It's heavier than a Fox Talas R.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    I don't have the numbers, but I think the Rev 426 U-Turn is heavier than 1660 grams... It's heavier than a Fox Talas R.

My 2006 Revelation was 1700 grams uncut @ 265 mm and 1668 grams at 208mm~ 8 1/4"
    this for the 115/130mm internal adjustment NOT the U turn model

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Well Chainreaction has them listed. Looks like 6 weeks out, only post mount listed so far, and not 140mm still 110-130mm.

Members who have read this thread: 1