• 06-28-2006
    alonfo
    06 Z1 light ETA - Which coil ?
    Hello
    I'm planing to buy this fork, and my weight is 165.
    Does the original coil fit to my weight ?

Thank you
  • 06-28-2006
    Eric B
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alonfo
    Hello
    I'm planing to buy this fork, and my weight is 165.
    Does the original coil fit to my weight ?

Thank you

I would say so as I'm running it and I'm 190 with gear. I wouldn't mind a bit stiffer so I would say the stock spring should work well for you.
  • 06-30-2006
    loco-gringo
    The Z1 Light is adjusted up with air pressure, but running 38 lbs or so at 210 with gear, all is cool. You'll be more than fine.
  • 06-30-2006
    SSINGA
    No optional coils. Adjusted via very low pressure air
  • 06-30-2006
    PAMATRAIL
    air and oil:)
  • 07-05-2006
    alonfo
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks guys
    bought it today
  • 07-05-2006
    MK_
    That looks good. At 165 you'll probably be perfectly sprung with 0 air in there.

_MK
  • 07-07-2006
    loco-gringo
    Nice ride, but I don't agree that 0 air is the right choice. That's just my opinion though. I can't imagine that I need over 35 lbs of air to make things right when I weigh only 35 lbs more. It just doesn't make sense to me.
  • 07-07-2006
    alonfo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by loco-gringo
    Nice ride, but I don't agree that 0 air is the right choice. That's just my opinion though. I can't imagine that I need over 35 lbs of air to make things right when I weigh only 35 lbs more. It just doesn't make sense to me.

agree. run it with 25Psi with the compression almost open, and after one ride in local DH course with alot rock gardens - it fills geat ! far way better then the 36 talas. very plush, but still progressive and dosent buttom out. I'm very pleased.
  • 07-09-2006
    Znarf
    No additional springs is not true anymore.
    Marzocchi does now offer softer springs. I have bought a set of them, labeled with Marzocchi Sticker and all. Come as Z1/DJ/AM Soft Spring kit Marzocchi....

I have them in my Z1FR1. They only come for the rebound side. So they are still a little too stiff for me, I am only 148lbs though.

greetings Znarf