'06 vs. '07 Fox Vanilla RLC- Mtbr.com
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

'06 vs. '07 Fox Vanilla RLC

Looking at buying a Fox Vanilla fork, and have found both the '06 and '07 at comparable prices. Looks like the '07 is a 140mm travel, while the '06 is 130mm. Does anybody out there have reliable axle to crown lengths on both of these forks?

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Looking at buying a Fox Vanilla fork, and have found both the '06 and '07 at comparable prices. Looks like the '07 is a 140mm travel, while the '06 is 130mm. Does anybody out there have reliable axle to crown lengths on both of these forks?
    500mm at 130, +10 at 140. While I would never ever run a Vanilla at 140, as the 130 I had was already too flexy for me, the 07 has beefier lowers, said to be stiffer. If you were to run an 07 at 130, it would be an improvement over the 06.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Don't know what you're paying for the 06 Vanilla, but if you're interested I also have one I was intending to list soon, it came stock on my brand new Yeti 575 and I'm swapping for a TALAS. I live in Denver area, if interested email me at [email protected].

Members who have read this thread: 0