04 Marathon S travel reduction- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

04 Marathon S travel reduction

can anyone help me? I bought a marathon s 120 for a frame that I had to part with. So I threw it on my hardtail. Trouble is it is a little to long for my geometry. I see that Marz offers some travel reduction kits for their forks. Does anyone know if these can be used on the marathon S. I really hate to part with the fork. I got a great deal on it. I am shooting for 80mm of travel. Anyone know about these forks?

Shot Down in Flames...
    I don't know about getting it down to 80mm, but you have to replace the rods to go down to 105mm. ~$200.

Try calling 'Zoke and see what their trade-in would cost you, it could be cheaper.

D.

mtbr member

darn

I checked out there sight and it said that they offered no kit but you could modify the cartridges to go 120 down to 80. http://www.marzocchi.com/spa/mtb/pro...to=usa-mtb&p=1
    I called the hotline and the said : You can reduce it but you will have to purchase everything, new internals upper assembly and slider. at that point you have a whole new fork. Or trade it in and get an 05 marathon race for @$450

Bummer I love this fork I guess it is off to Ebay I have seen 05 races going for @$450 so I could probably do better selling it on my own and buying a new fork.

mtbr member

All set

Just sold my Marathon off for $200 am bought a 2005 White Brothers XC .8 for $420 bucks. The right travel and over a pound lighter. Perfect I think I will pick up another Marathon next year when I build a Chameleon.

mtbr member

All Set

Just got my new fork. It rides great. The right height, also picked up a set of new grips and a new pair of Crank bros. Candy SL's My next purchase is a set of disk brakes for my XT centerlock/Mavic XC717 probably going to get a set of Avid BB7's so I can keep my XT intigrated shifter/brake levers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0