04 Breakout+, need X-Firm spring- Mtbr.com
    local trails rider

04 Breakout+, need X-Firm spring

I have a 04 Sherman Breakout+ fork and need an X-Firm spring/ride kit for it. The part number seems to be 85-5916.

A LBS has been trying to get me one through the Finnish distributor, for a couple of months: no luck

I just looked through the Chainreaction, Jenson, and Airbomb websites: no luck

Does anybody have more ideas for getting that spring

Other options:
    - A Firm spring (85-5912) and some tweaks to damping. I think some more sag would be OK, as long as the fork behaves otherwise OK.
    - Something else that might work?

The ride kits for 04 Slider+ and Breakout + seem to have identical part numbers, except the X-Firms are different: 85-5914 and 85-5916. Is "85-5916" a typo in the manual or is there some real reason to make the X-Firms different while the others are similar

local trails rider
    hhmmmm....

A German shop seems to be selling part 85-5914 as X-Firm for 04 and 05 Breakout Plus and Slider Plus:
    http://mcg-parts.de
    Federkit Sherman Breakout/Slider 04/05 #85-5914
    Federkit Sherman Flick 2003-05
    "hart für Breakout und Slider, extra hart für Breakout Plus und Slider Plus; aus Stahl "

Maybe I have been looking for the wrong part?

Feb 2005
    Hey Bro,
    Here is another sping part # list that shows your springs. I used it to find an x-firm spring for my Minute2, that manitou didn't even have listed. So, I think it is accurate.
    B.
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/manitou/manforkspring04.htm

Oh yea, you can call Manitou and they can give you the correct part number.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBri
    Oh yea, you can call Manitou and they can give you the correct part number.
    I sent them a message (I am on the other side of the planet) but the person is out of office for a few days now.

In the tftunedshox list, the same illogical thing continues: Breakout+ and Slider+ have identical part numbers, except the X-Firm is different.

local trails rider
    According to Manitou, part 85-5916 is discontinued and 85-5914 is the correct X-Firm for 04 Breakout+.

That was not easy to find, either, but finally I got it from Smart Bike Parts.

Members who have read this thread: 0