mtbr member
    Nov 2004

XTR Di2 FD-M9050 triple or FD-M9070 double Mount Picture

Does anyone have a picture of the actual face of the mount point for an XTR Di2 FD-M9050 or 9070? Google Images has nothing yet!

Shimano and other re-sellers are calling it Braze-On, however, it doesn't look like it can be anything close to a road bike Braze-On with that curvature and all.

Also, a back-side picture would be cool too.
    I'm ultimately trying to find out if it will mount to my 2011-2013 S-Works Epic frame with the Specialized DMD front derailleur mount.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by egebhardt; 09-12-2015 at 03:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    OK, It's not the derallieur that you need the info on (which IS like braze on, but a different standard to the road one as you noted), but the adaptor plate.

With the Di2 FD's instead of making a different FD for each type of mounting, they make a single FD (double or triple), and then you use the adaptor plate required to mount it to your particular frame (for a 2013 Epic, that's the E-type one. I know this as that's what I needed when I put Di2 on my 2013 Epic).

Below are the 4 adaptor plates (taken from a google search), including the e-type one you want (second from left. Plate attaches to the frame at the bottom 2 slots, while the FD screws into the perpendicular hole near the top);

XTR Di2 FD-M9050 triple or FD-M9070 double Mount Picture-fd218z00.jpg

BTW, loving it with the syncro shift. Glad I got it

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I was aware of the 4 adapters. Thanks.

Thanks for the confirmation that an Epic 2011-2013 works. 2011-2013 are all the same.

The request still remains. A picture of the back-side of an XTR Di2 back-side......
    I'd rather not spend $300 just to see the back, just yet.

Glad to hear you like the synchro-shift. Very cool idea that I want!
    Last edited by egebhardt; 09-13-2015 at 03:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I didn't want to take it all apart, so I hope this will work for you (yes it's still dirty, last ride didn't end well for one of the group (knocked out, broken collar bone, broken ribs, elbow reconstruction), so missed the usual post ride clean and haven't had time since);

XTR Di2 FD-M9050 triple or FD-M9070 double Mount Picture-di2-fd-rear.jpg

Here you can see both the adaptor plate and the inside of the FD as it sits near the back of the seat tube (bikes hanging from the front wheel, so rotate left 90 degrees. You can just see the small ring and chain at the left of the pic), including the "braze on" mounting of the FD to the adaptor (the larger screw at the bottom rightish of pic with the mud splash on it).

Unlike the road braze on, with the screw at the front of the FD, this is at the rear. The FD has a sort of channel that the adaptor slots into (that previous picture of the different adaptors is showing the inside, frame facing side of the e-type adaptor, the same angle you're looking at here).

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks!
    That will do.
    I would have to bet the Spesh DMD mount doesn't offer the stiffest of mount points, however, I bet it still works well.
    I rotated and added text to your picture. I hope you don't mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XTR Di2 FD-M9050 triple or FD-M9070 double Mount Picture-xtr-di2-fd.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Actually, because of the all the bracing it feels more solid with less flex than a normal FD