Levi Early

Xt m8000 shifter with ispec B brakes

I recently went with the xt m8000 11 speed shifter with indicator (which I removed the indicator) on my bike. I also have 2014 shimano xt ispec b brakes on the bike. I really would like match these two together so that I don't have 2 clamps on the bike. Is there any solution for this? Did I get the wrong shifter? I now see that there is a different xt 11 speed shifter out there. I dislike handlebar clutter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i haven't seen any adapters available yet.. just an xt i-spec b shifter on chain reaction....but i have been on a waitlist for months. unfortunately my 10spd ispec adapters won't fit my 11spd shifter.

mtbr member
    XT M8000 I-Spec B shifters will be available some time in December, it they are in fact being released.
    There MAY be a future update where Shimano will sell the I-Spec II top cap for the 785 series shifters. Doubt it, but they did it for XTR a few years ago.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBMRC View Post
    XT M8000 I-Spec B shifters will be available some time in December, it they are in fact being released.
    There MAY be a future update where Shimano will sell the I-Spec II top cap for the 785 series shifters. Doubt it, but they did it for XTR a few years ago.
    I tried to fit my old XT I-spec b adapter to my new XT m8000 shifter but it wouldn't fit. Does anyone know if the old ispec 'b' adapters will fit to the new xtr m9000 shifters?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I have been researching this shifter for a few days now as I have been interested in the XT M8000 shifter for my I-Spec B Brakes, and here is what I know:

I first emailed ProblemSovlers to see if they were going to make a adapter for I-Spec II to I-Spec B. Their reply was "no" because they heard from Shimano, that Shimano will be making a adapter themselves. Not sure if it will be included or sold separately, or both..

It looks like this option is currently available in Europe and not the US (wtf)... If you do some googling, you will come across the European Shimano Website with a link to this product option: hppt://cycle.shimano-eu.com/content/seh-bike/en/home/mtb/shifting---braking/shift-levers/sl-m8000-b-ir.html

Some UK Online Bike stores are listing the I-Spec B version online, one store being Chain Reaction Cycles. I emailed CRC, just to confirm that they are in-fact will be receiving the I-Spec B (and not the I spec II), and their CS said yes, and should be stocking it soon. I just put in a pre-order. I guess I wont believe the I-Spec B version exist until I see it at my doorstep...

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by murrdogg11 View Post
    I tried to fit my old XT I-spec b adapter to my new XT m8000 shifter but it wouldn't fit. Does anyone know if the old ispec 'b' adapters will fit to the new xtr m9000 shifters?
    Old shifters are a different design to the new shifters.

Xt m8000 shifter with ispec B brakes-xtr-shifter-differences.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Can this work?

Bike24 - Hope Lever Clamp for Tech 3 Brake Levers with Shimano XT, XTR I-Spec II Shifters

Hopes brake levers seems to be compatible with I-Spec B. The adapter is for fitting a I-spec II shifter to a Hope lever. If the adapter is mounted to a I-Spec II shifter it should then fit a Shimano I-spec B lever. Maybe... I hope...

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    Are you going to be the guinea pig?

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/u...er-Mounts1.pdf

It seems like it could work.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I am actually thinking about it....

I might upgrade to M8000 XT soon and I have the "old" XT I-spec B brakes. So far it seems that no webshop has M8000 I-spec B shifters in stock. As a bonus I can upgrade my brakes in the future (why would I since the XT brakes are awesome??) to newer Shimano brakes and the shifter would still fit.

mtbr member

I'm a doctor too
    Hey guys, any updates on the topic? I'm in the same situation: XT8000 11-speed shifter and Zee brakes. Anyone tested the Hope solution?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I ran out of patience and went with the clamp-on shifter. The clamp itself is thinner than previous shifters, taking up less real estate on the bar.

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe8er View Post
    Anyone tested the Hope solution?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-sh...on-996480.html

Mt Wilson Motoboy
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaileyhayden View Post
    I ran out of patience and went with the clamp-on shifter. The clamp itself is thinner than previous shifters, taking up less real estate on the bar.
    Yeah, but still. It pisses me off that Shimano does this all the time.
    I see them advertised on wiggle in Europe. Is that for real, and if so, why not in the US?
    Last edited by tedroy; 11-04-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    "My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...

mtbr member
    Order them from CRC...what is the big deal?

I have the Wolftooth i-Spec B dropper remote too...very nice.