PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Electric XT on its way?

Unsubstantiated rumor:

I was talking to the Shimano rep and he said that this coming Monday is the day to keep your attention on major announcements coming from Shimano. I asked if there's any possibility for electronic shifting for XT on its way and he repeated that Monday is the day to keep your attention on major announcements. Sounds like we may be seeing something on Monday.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Sea Otter maybe?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Something is about to drop...The XTR M9020-1 1x trail cranks are on Steep and Cheap for $87. Its like 75% off. I picked up a pair this morning. I never imagined owning XTR cranks due to price but I am stoked. The 1x trail crank is one of the nicest looking pieces of bike metal I've seen in a long time. Just have to source a chainring.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    With UK and German mailorder the new XT di2 could be very inexpensive. They sell for less than US-based QBP dealer pricing. In a perfect world it would've been wireless like SRAM's future eTap mtb group.

R.I.P. DogFriend

It lives. . . . .

Electric XT on its way?-di2-pic_001a.jpg

Just finished the install on a Stache 9 (replaced the SRAM 11 speed shifter/derailleur). Using the SRAM 10-42 cassette and SRAM chain.

The install went very smooth. I did extend the paddles out as far as they would go to clear the brake clamp. Ergonomics seem decent. Only needed to turn the B screw a bit, everything else was spot on out of the box

Shifts nicely in the street in front of the house. Will be hitting the dirt tomorrow evening after work.

mtbr member
    I plan on doing the exact same thing you did. Are you running the battery in steer tube or seat post?

Since I run a dropper I need to figure out installing a battery in the steer tube.

Been running Di2 Ultegra for 1.5yrs and love it. Can't wait to try it on MTB.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post
    I plan on doing the exact same thing you did. Are you running the battery in steer tube or seat post?

Since I run a dropper I need to figure out installing a battery in the steer tube.
    The battery is mounted on the downtube in a holder (SM-BTC1) mounted under a bottle cage similar to the way a pump is mounted there. The holder is made to be mounted on the non-drive side, but one of the cable guides interfered with it being mounted there. I'll have to modify the holder to make it fit on that side. For the time being, I have it mounted upside down on the drive side.

Full first impression write up here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-sh...n-1026551.html
    Last edited by jeffj; 10-27-2016 at 07:22 AM.