2009 xtr- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2009 xtr

Jonee loves...
    Jul 2007

2009 xtr

does anyone know if shimano is coming out with a new crankset for 2009?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nope.... no new 09 xtr stuff AFAIK...it's been only 2 years since the release of 970...shimano takes longer than that to release new gruppos

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Wasn't there some talk of redesigned brake levers for XT/XTR? Something about improved ergonomics?

mtbr member
    Mbr magazine reckons there will be a new XTR gruppo announced by the early part of next year for 2010. They also speculated that a few of the things used in the new Dura-ace gruppo like electric shifting, carbon reinforced rims etc. would make their way onto XTR. Mbrís reviews maybe jokes but their speculation tends to come trueÖ

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhorse
    Wasn't there some talk of redesigned brake levers for XT/XTR? Something about improved ergonomics?
    Many people speculated that XTR would follow XT into Servowave brake levers but there hasn't been a huge outcry from racers who need more braking power with less effort. Brakes just slow you down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    people always like to call them 2008 XTR crank etc to sound newer i think.
    people call them 2008 XTR because its made in 2008. but its 2007's design.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    Mbr magazine reckons there will be a new XTR gruppo announced by the early part of next year for 2010. They also speculated that a few of the things used in the new Dura-ace gruppo like electric shifting, carbon reinforced rims etc. would make their way onto XTR. Mbrís reviews maybe jokes but their speculation tends to come trueÖ

i think electric shifting is no use. mud, water everything gets in and spoil?
    and not much people would want a carbon rim.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    Many people speculated that XTR would follow XT into Servowave brake levers but there hasn't been a huge outcry from racers who need more braking power with less effort. Brakes just slow you down.
    I was taking a look at the Yumeya website and noticed the new reservoir cover is for BL-M975/975A. Doing a google search it looks like they are coming out with a new lever with improved ergonomics.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za...ATS_NEW.ID=194

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ivantcs
    i think electric shifting is no use. mud, water everything gets in and spoil?
    and not much people would want a carbon rim.
    If they sealed it properly then I think the only problem would be the batteries running out, their electric road gruppo has recently got a couple of rave reviews. In any case I agree with you and I doubt they would roll out an entirely electric XTR, if they did it they would probably have both electric and cable to suite everyone.

Again I think it would be stupid to sell only carbon rims so they would probably keep the scandium rims and have carbon as a top end option, DT Swiss already has carbon rims and so do several others so itís a worthy market for Shimano to get into.

mtbr member
    Right from Eurobike:

Yumeya's XTR bling

And the new XCR components from SHIMANO

Underweight Rider
    Oo...XCR?? another line or a new subsidiary/offshoot of Shimano? Looks like weight weenie galore.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I don't think I'm quite ready for those white brake lines. It would take some doing to improve the functionality the M970 crank.

May 2008
    i just wondering when will shimano make frame, they already have bar, bar ends, stem and carbon forks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    First lets moan on thier heads to get a Suspension fork with Showa Internals to market.
    They've stopped answering my emails over this...

mtbr member
    When will they ever come with a 15QR version of the XTR wheelset? Mavic has released 15QR/9mm and even a 20mm TA version of SLR, so what's Shimano waiting for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    When will they ever come with a 15QR version of the XTR wheelset? Mavic has released 15QR/9mm and even a 20mm TA version of SLR, so what's Shimano waiting for?

maybe the've realized
    that its actually HEAVIER AND FLEXIER than maxle light?

or maybe they got attacked by godzilla again.

but about the electric shifting, i will never use it, were talking about mtn biking people, i feel stupid enough having a CX bike with a computer on it, that takes away from the naturalness enough,next theyll do power steering for bikes. i want a bike,not a human powered motorcycle. jeez.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Hmmm...I tried the eDura Ace. If they get XTR to shift like THAT, it might be worth it if it became affordable. The shifting was simply incredible. It is something that needs to be tried.
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    Any updates on the new XTR?
    I bike to EAT!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ivantcs
    people always like to call them 2008 XTR crank etc to sound newer i think.
    people call them 2008 XTR because its made in 2008. but its 2007's design.
    I think there were differences according to the groupset images that shimano update from time to time:

Can you spot the differences?

mtbr member
    There are no differences for 2009 XTR so far. A lot was said, but nothing turned out to be true. The only change is that Shimano no longer produces the brakeset with the IS front caliper, only PM now. The Shadow RD was introduced last year.

ups and downs
    The only difference between the XTR stuff I bought in 2007 and in the past 6 months is the XTR blue/grey is a bit more blue-ish on the newest rear derailleur.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

the catalan connection
    I grabbed an xtr brake lever on a new bike on a shop and the lever blade is wider than the ones I have on my bike.They have made it wider by quite a bit.
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

Members who have read this thread: 0