Sette Reken with a 650b front wheel- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Sette Reken with a 650b front wheel

I have a Reken frame and a rigid fork (Zion 26er) that can accomodate a 650b front wheel. Anybody have a Reken set up like this? The fork is 453mm axle to clown.(pardon my spelling)
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Cuánto pesa?
    The fork is 453mm axle to clown
    The recommended travel on the Reken is 80mm-100mm.
    That translates to a 400/420mm axle to crown fork.

IMHO a 453mm a/c fork plus the added height of the 650b wheel and tire would
    make steering a nitemare.

~Jake

mtbr member
    Hey zarr,
    Jake is probably right. But if I had the parts laying around, I might try it just to see/feel the effect. I still think you should put that fork on a 737. Fun.
    Originally Posted by Vtolds/Dremer03---- "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobi-Wan Kenobi
    Hey zarr,
    Jake is probably right. But if I had the parts laying around, I might try it just to see/feel the effect. I still think you should put that fork on a 737. Fun.
    Hey Noobi ! Long time no hear from! Well, The 737 frame I have has the matching 29er fork, and the Zion 26er fork is, (taking Jake's word), going on the Zion 15in. 660 frame I got for the Mrs. a while back. I was going to build the 660 up hardtail, but the Zion fork is best suited to it's dedicated frame I guess. I heard somebody (can't remember who now), say they thought the Zion 26er fork was too tall for the Zion 660 frame. But I guess if Jenson says it works correctly, I'll give it a try. Leave the Reken a 26er I guess. Thanks Jake.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr
    Hey Noobi ! Long time no hear from! Well, The 737 frame I have has the matching 29er fork, and the Zion 26er fork is, (taking Jake's word), going on the Zion 15in. 660 frame I got for the Mrs. a while back. I was going to build the 660 up hardtail, but the Zion fork is best suited to it's dedicated frame I guess. I heard somebody (can't remember who now), say they thought the Zion 26er fork was too tall for the Zion 660 frame. But I guess if Jenson says it works correctly, I'll give it a try. Leave the Reken a 26er I guess. Thanks Jake.

Yeah, that's cool. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Originally Posted by Vtolds/Dremer03---- "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobi-Wan Kenobi
    Yeah, that's cool. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    You have a great one too Noobi. You too Jake. You know, I've been watching some MTB videos lately and thinking..."I need a long travel All Mountain/ Slopestyle/ Downhill type bike!! " Well, at 57 years old, it will certainly be my Grand Finale in the game. Got to have one. Big Air!!
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Cuánto pesa?
    Definitely get yourself a squishy..........
    I was 55 when I got mine and love it for those days when I feel invincible..

Something simple without a bunch of pivot points..The fewer moving parts the less to break

Happy Holidays to you and yours

~Jake

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    Definitely get yourself a squishy..........
    I was 55 when I got mine and love it for those days when I feel invincible..

Something simple without a bunch of pivot points..The fewer moving parts the less to break

Happy Holidays to you and yours

~Jake
    I have one squishy frame, a 2001 Jamis Dakar Sport (the one that had a cromoly seatstays and chainstays), but it's only 80mm of travel. I was thnking of putting a Manitou Drake Super Air 80mm with it or a '08 Rock Shox Tora 318 solo air. (need big Clyde style). But it's short travel. that might be enough (too much. ) for me though. Glad I can see not to limit myself to one type of bike. Cool to rock a stable.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Members who have read this thread: 0