Sette Reken with a 650b front wheel- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,003

    Sette Reken with a 650b front wheel

    I have a Reken frame and a rigid fork (Zion 26er) that can accomodate a 650b front wheel. Anybody have a Reken set up like this? The fork is 453mm axle to clown.(pardon my spelling)
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  2. #2
    Cuánto pesa?
    Reputation: Jake Pay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,823
    The fork is 453mm axle to clown
    The recommended travel on the Reken is 80mm-100mm.
    That translates to a 400/420mm axle to crown fork.

    IMHO a 453mm a/c fork plus the added height of the 650b wheel and tire would
    make steering a nitemare.

    ~Jake

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Noobi-Wan Kenobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    491
    Hey zarr,
    Jake is probably right. But if I had the parts laying around, I might try it just to see/feel the effect. I still think you should put that fork on a 737. Fun.
    Originally Posted by Vtolds/Dremer03---- "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobi-Wan Kenobi
    Hey zarr,
    Jake is probably right. But if I had the parts laying around, I might try it just to see/feel the effect. I still think you should put that fork on a 737. Fun.
    Hey Noobi ! Long time no hear from! Well, The 737 frame I have has the matching 29er fork, and the Zion 26er fork is, (taking Jake's word), going on the Zion 15in. 660 frame I got for the Mrs. a while back. I was going to build the 660 up hardtail, but the Zion fork is best suited to it's dedicated frame I guess. I heard somebody (can't remember who now), say they thought the Zion 26er fork was too tall for the Zion 660 frame. But I guess if Jenson says it works correctly, I'll give it a try. Leave the Reken a 26er I guess. Thanks Jake.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Noobi-Wan Kenobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr
    Hey Noobi ! Long time no hear from! Well, The 737 frame I have has the matching 29er fork, and the Zion 26er fork is, (taking Jake's word), going on the Zion 15in. 660 frame I got for the Mrs. a while back. I was going to build the 660 up hardtail, but the Zion fork is best suited to it's dedicated frame I guess. I heard somebody (can't remember who now), say they thought the Zion 26er fork was too tall for the Zion 660 frame. But I guess if Jenson says it works correctly, I'll give it a try. Leave the Reken a 26er I guess. Thanks Jake.

    Yeah, that's cool. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Originally Posted by Vtolds/Dremer03---- "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobi-Wan Kenobi
    Yeah, that's cool. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    You have a great one too Noobi. You too Jake. You know, I've been watching some MTB videos lately and thinking..."I need a long travel All Mountain/ Slopestyle/ Downhill type bike!! " Well, at 57 years old, it will certainly be my Grand Finale in the game. Got to have one. Big Air!!
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  7. #7
    Cuánto pesa?
    Reputation: Jake Pay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,823
    Definitely get yourself a squishy..........
    I was 55 when I got mine and love it for those days when I feel invincible..

    Something simple without a bunch of pivot points..The fewer moving parts the less to break

    Happy Holidays to you and yours

    ~Jake

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    Definitely get yourself a squishy..........
    I was 55 when I got mine and love it for those days when I feel invincible..

    Something simple without a bunch of pivot points..The fewer moving parts the less to break

    Happy Holidays to you and yours

    ~Jake
    I have one squishy frame, a 2001 Jamis Dakar Sport (the one that had a cromoly seatstays and chainstays), but it's only 80mm of travel. I was thnking of putting a Manitou Drake Super Air 80mm with it or a '08 Rock Shox Tora 318 solo air. (need big Clyde style). But it's short travel. that might be enough (too much. ) for me though. Glad I can see not to limit myself to one type of bike. Cool to rock a stable.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.