Will the 2018 Genius follow the 2017 Spark design??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Will the 2018 Genius follow the 2017 Spark design??

Any news or rumours about the Genius following the Spark design next year?
    I own a 2013 Genius 930 and I'm in the market for a 2017 Genius 27+ next to it.
    But if the Genius will go to the similar frame design like the new Spark, I might wait for the 2018 type.
    Your thought?
    Thx.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I will be surprised if the next gen Genius doesn't follow the basic design of the '17 Spark, just in a longer travel format / geometry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Word on the street is 150/160 new Spark style rear and plus wheels... I want one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SX450 View Post
    Word on the street is 150/160 new Spark style rear and plus wheels... I want one.
    That's what my gut feeling says Scott will do but a part of me likes the pivot where it's at currently. I'd rather see Scott come up with or use another suspension set up like the VPP or DW link.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSpin View Post
    That's what my gut feeling says Scott will do but a part of me likes the pivot where it's at currently. I'd rather see Scott come up with or use another suspension set up like the VPP or DW link.
    I am personally over the current set up. DW would be optimum but it's not gonna happen. The new design will be like the new Spark for sure. I want sub 17" CS 66.5 HA and minimum of 150 rear. They have the climb switch so why not? That would be the best do it all bike on the market in my opinion. I got tired of the same old for the last 3 bikes and picked up a Pivot SB with the DW Link rear until Scott gets it right. This bike is pretty sweet...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SX450 View Post
    I am personally over the current set up. DW would be optimum but it's not gonna happen. The new design will be like the new Spark for sure. I want sub 17" CS 66.5 HA and minimum of 150 rear. They have the climb switch so why not? That would be the best do it all bike on the market in my opinion. I got tired of the same old for the last 3 bikes and picked up a Pivot SB with the DW Link rear until Scott gets it right. This bike is pretty sweet...
    Yeah those Pivots are always spot on and modern when it comes to geometry and suspension. I'm with you on HA and CS length. I'd love to see the Genius get a slacker head angle but I see why they keep their Genius (non LT) models at a more moderate HA due to the fact they want it to also perform well on the climbs as much as possible.

I'm hoping to see some pics of the new 2018 Genius' this mid summer.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!