SYNCROS HIXON SL IC HANDLEBAR FrontLight and GoPro Mount ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. SYNCROS HIXON SL IC HANDLEBAR FrontLight and GoPro Mount ?

I need your advice about new
    SYNCROS HIXON SL IC HANDLEBAR.
    Is there a device that enables to install of a Front Light,
    And is there is a device that enables to install the Go Pro Camera
    On the handlebar at the front center part ?
    Regards,
    Guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SYNCROS HIXON SL IC HANDLEBAR FrontLight and GoPro Mount ?-2019-syncros-fraser-ic-sl-integrated-carbon-xc-bar-stem-02.jpg  

mtbr member
    Any updates guys ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Are you asking if there's an adapter that will allow you to attach a light and a gopro all in one? If so then no, not that I know of.

They do make GoPro stem mount adapters for cheap but the Hixon stem cap is unique and the ones you can buy online may not be compatible.

https://sp-connect.com/products/stem...iABEgKrAPD_BwE

As for attaching a light on your handlebar just use a handle bar mounted light. They should come with the handlebar mount when you purchase it.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Hixon bar is not round and most if not all standard headlight mounts will not fit or work on this bar. Its a huge oversite on Scott's part not to provide an accessory mount for standard accessories. They do provide ( I think only on the high end builds) a Garmin mount that goes on the top cap that you can see in first post in this string. Apart from that there is no real good way to mount a typical regular front light to this bar. The only thing that kind of works is a strap type mount like on the Light n Motion Seca but its almost impossible to get the light to point where you would want it. Scott Sports come on figure out and way to use this bar with typical round bar accessories.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    hey guys, bringing this one back to life. I am running a Syncros hixon rise on my Knolly Fugitive and I want to install a headlight. Has anyone come up with a good way to do this? I found that Paul Components makes a stem cap headlight mount but man is it funky looking.
    https://www.paulcomp.com/shop/compon...p-light-mount/
    Any better options?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Scott appears to have contracted K-edge to develop another stem cap garmin mount with some adjustability. This looks good if we can get a headlight to attach to the garmin mount.
    https://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/p...computer-mount

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasR6 View Post
    hey guys, bringing this one back to life. I am running a Syncros hixon rise on my Knolly Fugitive and I want to install a headlight. Has anyone come up with a good way to do this? I found that Paul Components makes a stem cap headlight mount but man is it funky looking.
    https://www.paulcomp.com/shop/compon...p-light-mount/
    Any better options?
    That stem cap that looks funky most likely will not work with the Hixon's stem.

I don't think there is a commercial solution for mounting a light with the Hixon bar, unfortunately. You may have to think of a hack to mount your light or just get your self a nice high lumen headlight to attach to your helmet.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    So while we're on the subject anyone here familiar with this company?: https://www.diycarbonbikes.com/produ...-syncros-hixon

I'm not sure how they are able to use the "Syncros" brand name as well as the same exact design without getting sued.

The price is $135 which is way cheaper then the Syncros retail price (floating around the neighborhood of $330)

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Liquid - I'm running a standard cane creek stem cap right now. The mounting surface is still a flat circle so it works just fine. The review of the hixon on pink mentions this as well since the reviewer had lost the custom piece supplied by syncros. So if this paul piece is meant to cap a standard stem, it should work as well.

Re: knockoffs - I've been looking at them as well, possibly for my son's new bike. They've been advertising on pink that their parts are made in the same factory and mold as the syncros stuff. No way to validate that of course.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2647145/

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Liquid - I'm running a standard cane creek stem cap right now. The mounting surface is still a flat circle so it works just fine. The review of the hixon on pink mentions this as well since the reviewer had lost the custom piece supplied by syncros. So if this paul piece is meant to cap a standard stem, it should work as well.

Re: knockoffs - I've been looking at them as well, possibly for my son's new bike. They've been advertising on pink that their parts are made in the same factory and mold as the syncros stuff. No way to validate that of course.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2647145/
    Yeah, it sounds sketchy. I would think Scott have patented the design (not so much the idea of a one piece bar/stem but just the overall form and layout) Even if Scott didn't hold a patent I would imagine they would be pissed that someone is selling a copy of their product as well as branding it as Syncros for way way less. I wonder if there's a way to validate this companies claims.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I just sent them a PM on pink. lets see what they say

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I just sent them a PM on pink. lets see what they say
    Haha sweet

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    They ever reply back?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I think I also found a solution to mounting a light on the Syncros Hixon:

A brand called "Light Motion" which has reputable reputation makes their lights come with a GoPro mount adapter. You can buy a GoPro stemcap mount and then attach one of their lights to the stemcap mount:

https://www.lightandmotion.com/shop/...00-black-raven

If I were to get the Hixon this is what I would do. Unfortunately, that means my Cateye 1600 lumens would have to go up for sale. So yeah, that's an expensive ass upgrade if I really REALLY wanna ride at night.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Liquid - I was JUST looking at that light too. Got the idea from the PB light article yesterday. Was about to pull the trigger on the Nite Rider 1800 but this one looks better.

DIY carbon did reply but it was kinda lame:
    "We use a slightly different mold as theres is proprietary, but it is coming from the same factory at the same quality, we have verified the quality with extensive testing"

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Liquid - I was JUST looking at that light too. Got the idea from the PB light article yesterday. Was about to pull the trigger on the Nite Rider 1800 but this one looks better.

DIY carbon did reply but it was kinda lame:
    "We use a slightly different mold as theres is proprietary, but it is coming from the same factory at the same quality, we have verified the quality with extensive testing"
    Yeah, I also emailed them via their contact email taken from their website. They have yet to reply back. I'll pass unless I see some real world reviews.

As for the light situation the Light motion is definitely the way to go for placing your light dead center on your bikes handlebar