Pulled the trigger- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Pulled the trigger

Yesterday I finally did it. I paid for and ordered a 2011 Scott Scale 29er Elite from my lbs. This will be my first mountain bike and I can hardly wait. My lbs must have one already in the pipeline and is pretty confident that they will get it. Supposedly Scott is filling some orders on April 8. My lbs said that I should know by Friday when it will be delivered. Now I am impatient.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Trigger puller

Jeff,

Congrats on the new bike. Please keep me (us) posted on your delivery date, I'm currently going through a nightmare with Scott waiting on a Scale 20. May you have better luck!

Jason

mtbr member
    Got my elite 4 days ago love it

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ordered Pro from LBS, still waiting. Bikes are supposedly in the US, just getting shipped to the distributors now. So far, no word.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Talked to bike shop today. No promise date!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    It is now the end of May... the wait continues

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My elite that was scheduled to be at my lbs 2 days ago is now being pushed out to next week. Apparently the lbs got an email that said it was shipped, but when he contacted Scott, it had not. They are supposedly expediting the shipment this time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Jeffmatt, yep same story... I will try and get something else if May falls though. The season is pretty short in Michigan.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I was fortunate to get my Scott 29er Pro (large) at the end of March. I took a couple of weeks tweeking the setup (swapped stems, saddle, grips and went tubeless with a 1X9 drive train). I'm coming from a FS Scott Spark 30 and so far I don't regret going to a hardtail.

I suggest holding out as long as possible, you won't be dissapointed. Scott is not the only company struggling to get 29er carbon hardtails out. I looked at Specialized and C-dale and both were on serious back order. The demand for 29er carbon hardtails was extremely under estimated. I'm sure that when Scott and C-dale produce their FS 29er (light weight race bike) they will be in the same boat, as every one will want one.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Smile Picked it up yesterday

Well it may not be a Scott Scale 29er Carbon, but yesterday I picked up my Scott Scale 29er Elite. I had to drive to a shop 90 minutes away to get it though, but they were able to come through. I will just have to find a convenient lbs to service it. I took it out for an hour ride yesterday evening and another early this morning. Unfortunately it was all pavement. It will take me about 20 minutes to ride to the start of any trails. The bike is great, but I am not. It is amazing how weak your legs are when you have not ridden in 20 years. I guess this just gives me plenty of room for improvement and I need to get my butt used to the saddle. Please do not run over the slow guy.

Thanks to all that post in the mtbr forums. It helped me pick the right bike.

Your Best Friend
    You definitely picked a great bike for a first ride in 20 years!
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

Members who have read this thread: 0