2019 Scott Ransom - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewartzach401 View Post
    I've got a XL Tuned Ransom 700 for sale with less than 25 miles on it. Awesome bike I would just prefer to have a Large. PM me if interested.

Thanks
    Just for the reference - how tall are you?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PattD View Post
    Duffman1976 I'm actually right at 6' tall. I like bigger bikes though as I hate feeling cramped. With the 33m Renthal stem it's about as perfect as I can get. Anvil has a 40mm and 32mm stem as well...about $80. I have the Anvil on another bike and love it.
    Cool, Iím 6í1Ē with long arms. Going to try the stock setup on an XL. Sounds like it has a lot of backsweep so it might be good as is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimphatty View Post
    Can you give is a quick review? Maybe bewteen another bike and this one?

No one is willing to demo a ransom..Not even a M or a L let alone a XL. How can the lbs expect me to shell out 5k or whatever if I can't demo it? Arghh
    Sorry I missed this post. Sure, I've owned, or demoed majority of Enduro focused 29'ers over the last couple years. The Ransom is the best one I've ridden yet and as close to a "jack of all trades" as I've found. This might be a little harsh but here goes-

Anyone talking bad about the Nude TR has either A) never ridden it, or B) trolling. It performs as good as an X2 and weighs over 100 grams less. The ramp switch allows you to keep the shock feeling more linear which is very coil like, or very progressive which is great for flow or jump trails. It's the lightest bike I've owned in the last few years and ironically it has the most travel. Twinlock on the fork is pretty pointless, I never hooked it up. If you're looking for the best performance spend $300 on a Grip2 damper and dump the Fit4. It took me about 15 minutes to install. If you can do a lower service you can swap the damper. Unlike a lot of new bikes the bottom bracket isn't ridiculously low. The bike is extremely composed in all terrain. Using twinlock in traction mode it feels like a lot of full suspension XC bikes. The steep STA makes the bike climb really good. You certainly don't NEED the twinlock, but if you're pushing it, it feels really efficient. The bike is super quiet. Almost as quiet as a Specialized Demo 8 DH bike. Descending all you hear is your hubs and rubber on rock, there is zero chain slap noise.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, and if you're in colorado I can hook you up with a shop that does demos.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Anyone stepping up from a '18 Genius to a Ransom? Curious how it stacks up on the longer smooth'ish climbs. Torn between a Genius 900 Tuned and the Random Tuned....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Has anyone tried to adapt a lever style remote (wolftooth or raceface) for the seatpost dropper? Is that twinlock lever attached to the bar or the brake?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta825 View Post
    Anyone stepping up from a '18 Genius to a Ransom? Curious how it stacks up on the longer smooth'ish climbs. Torn between a Genius 900 Tuned and the Random Tuned....

The Ransom climbs great. The deciding factor should be do you have the gradient and descents that require 170mm of front and rear travel.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdqmach26 View Post
    Has anyone tried to adapt a lever style remote (wolftooth or raceface) for the seatpost dropper? Is that twinlock lever attached to the bar or the brake?

Thanks
    You have to run a different twinlock remote assembly that goes above the bar. Look at Nino's bike on instagram with the SRAM AXS stuff for photos.
    Last edited by Streetdoctor; 02-14-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    You have to run a different twinlock remote assembly that goes above the bar. Look at Nico's bike on instagram with the SRAM AXS stuff for photos.
    I've seen them on ebay, just search on twinloc.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I"m here in the Jackson Hole, WY area... Occasionally shuttle Teton Pass or ride the lifts over at Targhee. Most of the time it is getting out for a 2-3 hr trail ride which around here means climb for an hr or 2 and rip back down for 45. Overall trails can be rougher at times but the climbs are actually pretty well buffed out. Thanks for the input

The Ransom climbs great. The deciding factor should be do you have the gradient and descents that require 170mm of front and rear travel.

mtbr member
    I"m here in the Jackson Hole, WY area... Occasionally shuttle Teton Pass or ride the lifts over at Targhee. Most of the time it is getting out for a 2-3 hr trail ride which around here means climb for an hr or 2 and rip back down for 45. Overall trails can be rougher at times but the climbs are actually pretty well buffed out. Thanks for the input
    Really just depends what your preference is then. I'm in the Denver area and the least amount of climbing we do is 1500-2000' on any ride and the Ransom is more than fine. The Ransom will definitely perform better at bike parks. From what you described I'd probably go Ransom over Genius.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ordered a 910 Large last night, supposedly the only one available at the moment. My dealer said a new shipment expected sometime in March and will have 17 unclaimed 910's. I wasn't sure if that was 17 larges or 17 total. Anyway, they're not as rare as I thought but I'm happy that I will only have to wait a week. I have not demo'ed, ridden, or even seen one of these in person - I'm going only by the geo and good reviews from pro's and amateurs (as well of course as my own knowledge about what I like). Having spent too much time crusing mtbr I have a lot of respect for Rom3n and Street Doctor's opinions as I know they have ridden a lot of these bikes, so thanks for your inputs. Unless I don't like the bike, in which case I'll know that you have steered me wrong ha.

I think by the time I'm done building it only the frame, shock, stem, tires, and fork chassis will be left. Sure wish I could have bought a frame only it costs way more than it should to do it this way.

I will definitely be weighing the bare frame, so that should be interesting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    You will not be disappointed. My 900, is arriving Monday. Canít wait!

mtbr member
    Iím sure youíll love it, psyched for you!
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Does anyone know the weight of Syncros Revelstoke 1.5 wheels, which Scott is putting on Ransom 900 Tuned?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Svobodarider View Post
    Does anyone know the weight of Syncros Revelstoke 1.5 wheels, which Scott is putting on Ransom 900 Tuned?
    I think it was posted somewhere at 2050 grams. You could reduce these alot with carbon wheels.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Those wheels are a mystery. I canít find any information at all about them!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1976 View Post
    Those wheels are a mystery. I canít find any information at all about them!
    According to this website, the weight is 1900g. I asked my local shop to try and find out more about this wheelset compared to the revelstoke 2.0s that come on the 910, but they were not able to provide any details.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I thought the 1.5 revelstokes were carbon wheels...am i wrong about this?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
    I thought the 1.5 revelstokes were carbon wheels...am i wrong about this?
    1.0ís are carbon. 1.5ís seem to be new with little to no information available about them.

mtbr member
    They are alloy. As far as I know synchros wheels are rebranded DT Swiss and they are right around 2000g.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    crazy how light the bike is with alloy wheels

mtbr member
    Definitely! I think Scott could have really blown up the long travel 29'er market with some carbon wheels even if they charged $7999. It would still be cheaper than most other high end builds from Specialized, Yeti, Pivot, Etc. My XL Tuned 900 with Roval Traverse SL wheels and a 2.5 aggressor/2.5DHF is just under 30 pounds with 400g flat pedals.

If you wanted to use the bike for an XC race- enable twinloc "traction mode" to shorten travel (or full rear lock out), add a set of lightweight pedals and tires I think you could get it really close to 28lb flat if not under depending on size.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member

There's a new Ransom on the way

2019 Scott Ransom-ransom900tunedi9.jpg

I'm picking up my Ransom next Tuesday and I'm definitely going to upgrade the wheels. What do you think about some i9 hoops?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    so i got my 900 tuned the other day and I also purchased the grip2 damper to install. A couple questions about the twin loc. I decided to take out the front twin loc levers since i wont be needing them with the grip2. But now I do not really think that the rear twin loc lever is working. Do you need to leave the front twin loc levers in place to make the rear twin loc work even though the front twin loc isn't hooked up after you install the grip2 damper?

I should probably just take a short movie of what happens now when i move the rear twin loc because i don't know if what i am saying makes sense.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    so i got my 900 tuned the other day and I also purchased the grip2 damper to install. A couple questions about the twin loc. I decided to take out the front twin loc levers since i wont be needing them with the grip2. But now I do not really think that the rear twin loc lever is working. Do you need to leave the front twin loc levers in place to make the rear twin loc work even though the front twin loc isn't hooked up after you install the grip2 damper?

I should probably just take a short movie of what happens now when i move the rear twin loc because i don't know if what i am saying makes sense.
    When you hit the twinloc lever does it rotate the valve at the rear shock?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Your post doesn't make sense. There is no front or rear twin loc lever. One lever pulls the cable and locks it, one lever pops the release and a spring pulls the cable back. If you disconnected the front cable from the fork and the lever, the rear cable would still be attached and be pulled by the levers. If you did remove one of the levers, then yeah it probably isn't working right. POst a picture if you stil aren't sure what is going on.

While we are talking about twin loc levers, I assume the adjustment on the rear shock is just like any of the Fox CTD shock adjustments, so if you are only running the rear cable, shouldn't any of the Fox CTD adjustment lever solutions work ?

For example I was looking at something like this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-CTD-OMF...Tbc:rk:17:pf:0
    (and why the heck are these dumb little levers so expensive !)

I must have my dropper lever in the normal front shifter position, so I was looking at the twinloc levers that mount on top of the bars and they just seem so giant and clunky, the Fox one above seems much more elegant and well packaged. I can't imagine the cable pull would be much different from the twin loc lever.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I believe what you need to remove is the front cable only. Disconnect the cable from the lever and the fork. The Twinloc, with both levers should remain mounted on the handlebar, as both levers are needed to run the rear shock. Make sense??

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston67 View Post
    Your post doesn't make sense. There is no front or rear twin loc lever. One lever pulls the cable and locks it, one lever pops the release and a spring pulls the cable back. If you disconnected the front cable from the fork and the lever, the rear cable would still be attached and be pulled by the levers. If you did remove one of the levers, then yeah it probably isn't working right. POst a picture if you stil aren't sure what is going on.

While we are talking about twin loc levers, I assume the adjustment on the rear shock is just like any of the Fox CTD shock adjustments, so if you are only running the rear cable, shouldn't any of the Fox CTD adjustment lever solutions work ?

For example I was looking at something like this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-CTD-OMF...Tbc:rk:17:pf:0
    (and why the heck are these dumb little levers so expensive !)

I must have my dropper lever in the normal front shifter position, so I was looking at the twinloc levers that mount on top of the bars and they just seem so giant and clunky, the Fox one above seems much more elegant and well packaged. I can't imagine the cable pull would be much different from the twin loc lever.
    In the Ditching the Twin loc thread the OP installed the Fox lever. With pics. Maybe you can confirm from him if its working fine. This is def what i will do if i end up buying a genius.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've ask my local Scott rep, and the biggest tire you can fit is 2.8

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I believe what you need to remove is the front cable only. Disconnect the cable from the lever and the fork. The Twinloc, with both levers should remain mounted on the handlebar, as both levers are needed to run the rear shock. Make sense??
    yeah, this was the case...thank you. Both levers are needed to run the rear twinloc even when you have the front dis-connected.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm about to commit to a Ransom to replace my DH bike. I'm going to put a lowered boxxer (180 or 190...) and potentially a new rear shock depending on how the stock nude performs. A bit torn on size. I'm a little over 6'1 with a 32 inch inseam and long torso. Currently ride a 2018 Genius size large as my trail bike and am probably going to order the ransom in large. The extra wheelbase of the XL is tempting through as this bike will primarily see lift access terrain here in Vermont. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeyer View Post
    I'm about to commit to a Ransom to replace my DH bike. I'm going to put a lowered boxxer (180 or 190...) and potentially a new rear shock depending on how the stock nude performs. A bit torn on size. I'm a little over 6'1 with a 32 inch inseam and long torso. Currently ride a 2018 Genius size large as my trail bike and am probably going to order the ransom in large. The extra wheelbase of the XL is tempting through as this bike will primarily see lift access terrain here in Vermont. Any thoughts?
    I'm 6'1" and went with XL. Glad I did, it feels really comfortable. Rode up some tight switchbacks yesterday and it was fine with the long wheelbase. Feels awesome everywhere else too. My seatpost is maybe about 1/4" away from fully slammed. I wear 32' inseam pants but my cycling inseam is longer at 35". I also have long arms.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I know this is a long shot but has anyone (Rom3n ?) redone their cables under the bottom bracket ? There are two foam noise reducing tubes to slip over the cables and I wasn't sure which cables they slipped onto since there are 3 cables, and 2 tubes ! I am assuming they go over the RD cable and the seat post cable and not the twin loc cable.

BTW, total pain in the ass routing the cable housing especially the RD but no worse than any other internal I guess. I just had to strip down my frame and get a true weight, starting to regret it now LOL.

Okay I was going to keep you in suspense but the Ransom 910 frame in large weighed 3150 g with rear axle, no post clamp, headset and bb cups removed. This matches the "published" weight of 3050 which was probably a medium. So the 910 is a full 400g heavier than the 900 from what I've seen published and measured. That still seems like a lot for just an alloy vs carbon chainstay but maybe there is other differences.

Street Doctor you can go back and tell your local Scott rep he is mistaken, or ask him where the weight is hiding if not in the chainstay

mtbr member
    In a German bike mag they weighted a large 900 frame at 2850gr.

Still have to wait 8 weeks till my medium frame kit arrives..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I know this is stupid to get hung up on these things, but somehow that makes me feel better ! A 300g difference seems reasonable, although that's still almost as much as I've seen for full alloy vs full carbon frame. Do you have a link to that article ?
    Also it should be noted a 7 lb Enduro frame with shock is still an excellent weight, although its about the same as my '14 Enduro 29 which is also half carbon/half alloy. Enduro based bike frames have been getting steadily heavier over the years as people have been pushing them hard.

mtbr member
    https://m.mountainbike-magazin.de/mountainbikes/test-scott-ransom-900-tuned.1970048.2.htm

Scroll down

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I won't be pedaling mine a ton and wanted the XL wheelbase for stability at speed. I really like how my Genius Large fits and am thinking it would be weird to have an XL Gravity bike and large trail bike...?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I won't be pedaling mine a ton and wanted the XL wheelbase for stability at speed. I really like how my Genius Large fits and am thinking it would be weird to have an XL Gravity bike and large trail bike...?
    Iīm kinda in the same boat and have already !!parking lot!! tested both sizes. Currently Iīm leaning towards the large cause Iīm having a hard time picking out the front wheel on the XL whilst I can pop manuals on the L quite easily. I think for straight up plowing I would go with the XL but lately I donīt get to ride that much anymore which has reduced my speed and my confindence and I figure that the combination of all this makes the XL less suited for me. Additionally Iīve found over the last years that, while it might be faster and more stabel, it is also more tiring to ride streched out bikes.

mtbr member
    i'm about to commit to a ransom to replace my dh bike. I'm going to put a lowered boxxer (180 or 190...) and potentially a new rear shock depending on how the stock nude performs. A bit torn on size. I'm a little over 6'1 with a 32 inch inseam and long torso. Currently ride a 2018 genius size large as my trail bike and am probably going to order the ransom in large. The extra wheelbase of the xl is tempting through as this bike will primarily see lift access terrain here in vermont. Any thoughts?
    xl 100%
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ^ xl for sure. i just tested both L and XL geniuses at bicycle village back to back. i am 6'-1.5" and 34" inseam and large def felt bit short, handlebar too close to my knees when turning. i had no big issues popping front wheel on xl. i do like small bikes and still ride 650b mojo hd3, but it felt like xl genius felt right. i assume same would be true for ransom.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I rode L and XL Ransoms on the trail. L felt fine and I would be happy with it but I was glad I also tried the XL. Just felt a lot more comfortable to me. I donít feel stretched out at all at 6í1Ē. Awesome to finally feel like I have a bike that fits properly. No more steering with my ass over the rear tire and all bunched up at the hips when Iím riding aggressively!

mtbr member
    Does anyone know the paint code for the green on the tuned model? Since I've been hurt and unable to ride this thing is turning into more of a show bike lol. By far the most blinged out ride I've ever had...
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Does anyone know the paint code for the green on the tuned model? Since I've been hurt and unable to ride this thing is turning into more of a show bike lol. By far the most blinged out ride I've ever had...
    Haha! What sort of blinging have you done? I spent 2 nights invisiframing my tuned Ransom to protect that pretty paint. Going to try to dial in the fit4 damper the best I can before springing for the grip2. Only have 2 rides on her so far. Non stop rain over here on the west coast.

mtbr member
    2019 Scott Ransom-53146135_10161462333655456_7929508289916698624_n.jpg
    Haha! What sort of blinging have you done? I spent 2 nights invisiframing my tuned Ransom to protect that pretty paint. Going to try to dial in the fit4 damper the best I can before springing for the grip2. Only have 2 rides on her so far. Non stop rain over here on the west coast.

Nice! the fit4 really isn't bad, just a little firm. I need to find some orange touch up paint, I noticed a couple little chips even though the paint actually seems pretty thick. Probably going to run out today for a bottle of finger nail polish.

I had a buddy trade me the stock lowers for a brand new set in orange. Waiting on color codes for some custom decals for fork, wheels, and syncros fender. I also got a great deal on an MRP ramp control to play with. The fork definitely doesn't need it but I thought it might be cool to try. I think it'd be nice to have a few settings for different conditions without messing with volume spacers. After that there's only a couple more things I might change... I hear there's some aftermarket product development currently happening specifically for accessories for the Ransom. If it makes the cut it's going to be SICK. That's about all I can say though

We got another 5" of snow last night but I don't mind. Still recovering from lower back surgery. Probably another 6 weeks for me.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    SD, any settings that you can recommend for grip2 fork? I have an XL frame and am about 210lbs.

You are going to have to post pics of that when finished...want to see how the orange looks with the rest of the bike.

mtbr member
    SD, any settings that you can recommend for grip2 fork? I have an XL frame and am about 210lbs.

You are going to have to post pics of that when finished...want to see how the orange looks with the rest of the bike.
    Try the following as a starting point-

no spacers
    90psi
    HSC wide open
    LSC 8 clicks
    HSR 8 clicks
    LSR 10 clicks
    (everything from full closed- clockwise)

I'll definitely post photos! Hopefully another week or two. The orange matches almost perfectly.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53146135_10161462333655456_7929508289916698624_n.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	1240320

Nice! the fit4 really isn't bad, just a little firm. I need to find some orange touch up paint, I noticed a couple little chips even though the paint actually seems pretty thick. Probably going to run out today for a bottle of finger nail polish.

I had a buddy trade me the stock lowers for a brand new set in orange. Waiting on color codes for some custom decals for fork, wheels, and syncros fender. I also got a great deal on an MRP ramp control to play with. The fork definitely doesn't need it but I thought it might be cool to try. I think it'd be nice to have a few settings for different conditions without messing with volume spacers. After that there's only a couple more things I might change... I hear there's some aftermarket product development currently happening specifically for accessories for the Ransom. If it makes the cut it's going to be SICK. That's about all I can say though

We got another 5" of snow last night but I don't mind. Still recovering from lower back surgery. Probably another 6 weeks for me.
    Iím running 5 clicks from fully open on the compression adjustment on the fit4 and about 85 psi. Still feels pretty firm but only has a couple rides on it so maybe everything needs to break in a bit still. Tempted to take a look inside and see if Fox packed the neg air seal with slick honey as they are prone to do. Might go down to 80 psi and see how that feels, but I prefer my fork setup not to dive easily and ride higher in its travel.

New Ransom accessories sounds awesome. Canít wait to see them!

mtbr member
    Iím running 5 clicks from fully open on the compression adjustment on the fit4 and about 85 psi. Still feels pretty firm but only has a couple rides on it so maybe everything needs to break in a bit still. Tempted to take a look inside and see if Fox packed the neg air seal with slick honey as they are prone to do. Might go down to 80 psi and see how that feels, but I prefer my fork setup not to dive easily and ride higher in its travel.

New Ransom accessories sounds awesome. Canít wait to see them!
    DEFINITELY pull the air shaft! Mine was almost completely full. Literally enough slick hunny to last for a few years of lower services. Forgot to mention that sorry!
    Denver, CO

HardyNutz
    May 2010
    Anybody on here have comparisons to the firebird 29?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hardy View Post
    Anybody on here have comparisons to the firebird 29?
    Ransom and Firebird 29 are my only two finalists for the new steed (unless Santa Cruz releases the new long travel 29er before the first EWS race). So far, I have test ridden only the Firebird 29 and been really impressed. It is total beast on the descents (I did not feel it would be really difficult to find a point to properly weight both wheels as it is being noted in some tests) and pretty surprised how good it is on climbs. I can definitely tell, that despite the not very steep STA (it really is steepish only on the paper, not in reality on XL frame a seatpost set for 6'3" guy) it climbs much better than Transition Sentinel and new Canyon Strive in 'XC mode'. It was also very good on jumps due to the nice pop from the shock, while it is still super plush in rough stuff. I think the geometry would welcome some minor tweeks, but the suspension is totally badass.
    Regarding the Ransom, test ride is coming. LBS is still waiting for the batch of test bikes, so hopefully I will be able to comment on that in two weeks. Then I will make my decision. I expect the Ransom to be even better climber than Firebird, the question is how good or bad it is on descents in comparison to the 'Bird, as that is my main priority.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Ransom and Firebird 29 are my only two finalists for the new steed (unless Santa Cruz releases the new long travel 29er before the first EWS race). So far, I have test ridden only the Firebird 29 and been really impressed. It is total beast on the descents (I did not feel it would be really difficult to find a point to properly weight both wheels as it is being noted in some tests) and pretty surprised how good it is on climbs. I can definitely tell, that despite the not very steep STA (it really is steepish only on the paper, not in reality on XL frame a seatpost set for 6'3" guy) it climbs much better than Transition Sentinel and new Canyon Strive in 'XC mode'. It was also very good on jumps due to the nice pop from the shock, while it is still super plush in rough stuff. I think the geometry would welcome some minor tweeks, but the suspension is totally badass.
    Regarding the Ransom, test ride is coming. LBS is still waiting for the batch of test bikes, so hopefully I will be able to comment on that in two weeks. Then I will make my decision. I expect the Ransom to be even better climber than Firebird, the question is how good or bad it is on descents in comparison to the 'Bird, as that is my main priority.
    Firebird is a sweet looking rig, thatís for sure. I think once you ride the Ransom you will find it doesnít give up anything on the DH compared to the firebird. Especially on the the high speed, square edged stuff. The ransom is so smooth, rear suspension just works really, really well. It really descends like a nimble, mini-DH bike. The bike also picks up and carries speed really well.

If you havenít already, check out the pinkbike super enduro shootout from a couple months ago for a direct comparison of the 2 bikes.

HardyNutz
    May 2010
    My thoughts are about the same as yours on the Firebird 29. I'm 6'2" and rode an XL last Friday at the Sedona bike fest, it felt great to finally be on a bike that fits me! I also rode a Ransom but it was a Large 720(27.5 version) and a lower build kit than the Firebird I rode, so not quite apples to apples. The Ransom was very plush descending, I imagine with 29 inch wheels in an XL it's as much or more of a smasher than the "Bird" going down hill. Technical climbing, I have to say the Ransom wanted to be locked out but that resulted in slightly less traction and made my butt bounce on the seat when spinning, it felt like the tire was out of round. Maybe the suspension was set up too soft? Might be me just not used to riding a locked out bike? Idk but it felt weird. It really feels like a hardtail when fully twinloc'd. I am going to demo an XL 910 to give it another more equal comparison. I'll report back, thanks for your thoughts.

HardyNutz
    May 2010
    My thoughts are about the same as yours on the Firebird 29. I'm 6'2" and rode an XL last Friday at the Sedona bike fest, it felt great to finally be on a bike that fits me! I also rode a Ransom but it was a Large 720(27.5 version) and a lower build kit than the Firebird I rode, so not quite apples to apples. The Ransom was very plush descending, I imagine with 29 inch wheels in an XL it's as much or more of a smasher than the "Bird" going down hill. Technical climbing, I have to say the Ransom wanted to be locked out but that resulted in slightly less traction and made my butt bounce on the seat when spinning, it felt like the tire was out of round. Maybe the suspension was set up too soft? Might be me just not used to riding a locked out bike? Idk but it felt weird. It really feels like a hardtail when fully twinloc'd. I am going to demo an XL 910 to give it another more equal comparison. I'll report back, thanks for your thoughts.
    Svobodarider^^^^^

HardyNutz
    May 2010
    Firebird is a sweet looking rig, thatís for sure. I think once you ride the Ransom you will find it doesnít give up anything on the DH compared to the firebird. Especially on the the high speed, square edged stuff. The ransom is so smooth, rear suspension just works really, really well. It really descends like a nimble, mini-DH bike. The bike also picks up and carries speed really well.

If you havenít already, check out the pinkbike super enduro shootout from a couple months ago for a direct comparison of the 2 bikes.
    I did see the pinkbike superenduro shootout. It seemed what they liked about the Ransom was mainly that it was more "forgiving" and also maintained better traction in corners. Can't help but wonder if this shootout would have gone a different way if the firebird had aluminum wheels on it. Either way I know I can't go wrong with either bike but just trying to get the most level comparison and more opinions from other dudes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    For technical climbing I wouldnít suggest using full twinloc mode. That is basically locked out and only really useful for smooth fire roads or pavement climbs. For any other climbing situation traction mode is a better option. I disconnected the front end of my twinloc so Iím only running singleloc now in the rear as most of my climbing is long sustained seated grinds where there is no benefit to reducing the travel or locking out the front. I just want the rear to be efficient going up.

mtbr member
    For technical climbing I wouldnít suggest using full twinloc mode. That is basically locked out and only really useful for smooth fire roads or pavement climbs. For any other climbing situation traction mode is a better option. I disconnected the front end of my twinloc so Iím only running singleloc now in the rear as most of my climbing is long sustained seated grinds where there is no benefit to reducing the travel or locking out the front. I just want the rear to be efficient going up.
    This. disconnecting the front allows the fork to sag a bit more making the STA even steeper. traction mode is the ticket for single track climbing. If it's REALLY technical climbing leave it open. In open the bike pedals and climbs similar to a specialized enduro that sits higher in its travel. Only lock it out if you're on the road.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I did see the pinkbike superenduro shootout. It seemed what they liked about the Ransom was mainly that it was more "forgiving" and also maintained better traction in corners. Can't help but wonder if this shootout would have gone a different way if the firebird had aluminum wheels on it. Either way I know I can't go wrong with either bike but just trying to get the most level comparison and more opinions from other dudes.
    Well, those guys also noted, that Scott's "geometry could be more extreme given its intended purpose"... but they tested it in Large size and despite that fact still put it in front of XLarge Firebird, so my expectations are pretty high, as there is massive increase in reach and wheelbase length between Large and XLarge Ransom.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I am a bit of a bike geek, and I have a whole spreadsheet of different bikes and geo, along with my own calculations of normalizing reach to a given stack height and other interesting geometry considerations.

My current bike is a large 2014 E29 with a 443 reach albeit at a fairly high stack.
    My experience riding longer bikes has not been great - I have extensively demoed a Geometron with 520 reach, and I have a Tantrum with 470 reach. Both bikes could be setup to have my preferred seat to grip distance, so it wasn't a matter of fit. Both bikes felt overly long to me, more difficult to maneuver in my preferred settings. They only thing I really liked about the long geo was straightline chunk and sweeping corners. But I didn't prefer them for tighter singletrack, tech, or climbing.

So I was very timid about committing to the new breed of bikes I'm 5' 11" with shorter legs (32" inseam) and longer torso.

The large Ransom lists a 466 reach which is awfully close to the Tantrum which wasn't ideal for me. As mentioned above I bought this bike without a demo or even a test fit.

I have been amazed that the bike is almost too small for me. With the non-offset seatpost and the seat pushed all the way back, I had to use all my tricks to get the handlebar distance correct. The seat in this position is about 1" closer to the BB centerline than on my Enduro, so it is moved forward a bit.

I only have one dirt test ride so far, but it is working well, and I can tell the newer geo will corner a bit faster. The bike definitely fits me, but barely.

Anyway, this long winded post is in reaction to the above topic of sizing, which is that the Large Ransom is not a huge bike. If you are taller than me an XL is the way to go for sure. I could almost ride an XL but like I said above I do still like to keep things nimble as this is its more important to me to have a back country bike than an Enduro weapon (although I do race).

To me that is one of the strengths of the Ransom, that its geometry is NOT more extreme. Its still 2" longer wheelbase than my E29, and almost all of that is in the front wheelbase. I can't wait to get it on some steep tech, with the extra length and extra travel it should be a beast.

But its safe to say its not pushing the limits of the newer geo. I would certainly be interested in trying an XL, although I have to go through an extensive setup to any bike before I can really evaluate it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018

Ransom Frame

If anyone is interested I have a XL Tuned Ransom for sale. Bike has less than 30 miles on it without a single scratch. Showroom Condition!! Message me for pics and more info.
    Will sell frame and rear shock only if interested.
    Last edited by Stewartzach401; 1 Week Ago at 09:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I put on a regular Wolf Tooth dropper lever on the left side.

I moved the twinloc to the right side and mounted it "upside down". I cut off the last 1/2" of one of the grips to slip it under the mounting collar as its designed to be part of the grip, and I prefer my thick ODI grips. I also used a grinder and a flap disc to remove as much of the original seat post lever as I could as it was in the way. Ideally I would have removed it from the assembly but the pivot is captured by two impossibly small clip rings and I just couldn't deal with removing them.

I like it up there, seems like it would be awkward or work "wrong" but it actually functions perfect. When I finally succumbed to a 1* drivetrain the biggest revelation was how awesome and under the bar dropper post lever was I wasn't about to give that up.

Had 2 decent rides so far. I 'm still evaluating the bike, definitely feels less nimble than my E29 but I'm hoping I can get used to it as I can tell it has the potential to be faster downhill. Suspension is pretty good but not as nice as the Avalanche modified Monarch on the E29.

I plan to coil and Avalanche the fork, still evaluating the rear. Craig says he can probably modify it but after some back and forth he said he doesn't want to take it on until after the Spring rush. Another option is the new Marzocchi (Fox Van RC) coil shock that he does major modifications to. I guess he could also modify an X2 if I wanted. The Nude shock works fine, just doesn't have that little bit of extra magic that I've experienced over the years with Avy stuff.

I attempted to measure the leverage ratio but I want to do it over. From what I could tell its pretty linear, definitely wasn't regressive but not very progressive either, hovering around a 2.7 ratio throughout the travel (I measure this by supporting the BB and raising the rear wheel 1/2" at a time and measuring the shock eyelet distance).

I built it up with Carbon Roval rims, Maxxis 2.5WT DFH/DHR tires, Shimano XTR 9020 crank with 26t chainring and an X01 cassette and RD. I also changed to an Enve carbon flat handlebar (-120 g) and a WTB seat (+10g) Wolftooth dropper lever and ODI grips. Also a 120 gram Shockblade fender. Stock parts otherwise.

I forget the exact weights but the Rovals with the 2.5 Maxxis were something like 300 grams lighter overall. I haven't weighed the stock wheels or the 2.6 tires separately.

Weighs 31.2 lbs with XT pedals.

Here is a picture of the lever and a gratuitous picture of the bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott Ransom-img_0348.jpg  

2019 Scott Ransom-twinloc.jpg  

Last edited by Preston67; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:31 PM.

PCT
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Any options for installing a bash guard, since there's no ISCG tabs and the BB is non-threaded? On other bikes I have run a 2x spider (Raceface) with bash ring, but in this case I think it'd involve more purchases of new cranks/spider/ring/bb. Was considering going to 170 crank arms anyhow...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Just scored a Ransom Tuned! However it was quicker to get the 700 and since I was already ordering We Are One Agents/Hydras for the 900, I said why not... now the real question is what 29er tires ro run. Always used DHF/Aggressors but I'd like to try something else
    Was thinking the WTB Rangers in 2.4... any good all around Western US options I should consider. Will be more of a Trail vs Enduro Race setup so I'd like a faster rolling, lighter option....

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Just scored a Ransom Tuned! However it was quicker to get the 700 and since I was already ordering We Are One Agents/Hydras for the 900, I said why not... now the real question is what 29er tires ro run. Always used DHF/Aggressors but I'd like to try something else
    Was thinking the WTB Rangers in 2.4... any good all around Western US options I should consider. Will be more of a Trail vs Enduro Race setup so I'd like a faster rolling, lighter option....

I really like the WTB vigilante 2.5/trail boss 2.4 combo. But they are pretty heavy. Upside is the sidewalls are significantly beefier than maxxis exo casing. Only time I really noticed the weight difference was on punchy steep rolling stuff where the heavier tires would really put the breaks on the momentum once the trail turned up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    might be a stupid question here but how do you set the shock sag on this bike with the different twinloc modes? Do you set the sag in traction mode or open mode?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Open

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Yup, what he said. Also make sure the shock is set in linear mode when you set sag.

HardyNutz
    May 2010
    Pulled the trigger on an xl 910 today! Should be here in a week or so. Anybody have recommendations for a frame protection kit? I haven't bothered in the past but I want to keep this one looking good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Just finished installing the Invisaframe kit on my new Ransom Tuned - my first install of their product and it went pretty smooth. Maybe 2-3 hrs all said and done.... definitely got better after the 1st few pieces

mtbr member
    Pulled the trigger on an xl 910 today! Should be here in a week or so. Anybody have recommendations for a frame protection kit? I haven't bothered in the past but I want to keep this one looking good.
    I usually buy hurricane/racer tape off amazon in 1 -3" rolls. A lot cheaper and thick.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Did you order the Invisaframe kit from the UK or somewhere here in the USA? How long did it take to arrive? Also did you get gloss like the frame or matte finish?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Terrene Mcfly 29x2.8 will fit? They look like 2.6~2 7.

mtbr member
    Anyone tried a 27.5/29 wheel combo..... hmmmmm
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crossmax View Post
    Did you order the Invisaframe kit from the UK or somewhere here in the USA? How long did it take to arrive? Also did you get gloss like the frame or matte finish?
    Yes, ordered from their site in the UK and it only took ~4-5 days to arrive. Would have been a day or so quicker but winter storms caused a day delay. Went for the Gloss, from a few ft away you can't even tell it's there...

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Yes, ordered from their site in the UK and it only took ~4-5 days to arrive. Would have been a day or so quicker but winter storms caused a day delay. Went for the Gloss, from a few ft away you can't even tell it's there...
    Definitely go with gloss!

mtbr member
    Does anyone have a 920 in XL that they can weigh?
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
    I have owned a lot of bikes and the Ransom has been my favorite 29er to date and I usually do not pick overall favorite bikes. This bike friggin rocks IMO.

I dropped in a Grip 2 damper and completely removed the twin lock. Im sure it works on the rear but honestly it pedals so nice at 25-30% sag that I have no use for it on my trails. The bike climbs great "feels like a 150mm", it's agile, has tons of traction and has a very smooth, predictable and controlled demeanor in the rough. With everything I have thrown at it so far it has exceeded my expectations. They nailed the tune on the new rear shock and it takes very little effort to dial in. My build came in at 28 lbs, exactly the same weight as my Yeti SB130.

I had a 2018 genius and really liked the bike but felt it had a few areas that could be improved. It's like Scott read my mind, fixed all my nit pick issues and built the Ransom. I love this bike so much all my other bikes went up for sale. Along with how great it rides the cable routing is great, its super quiet, it's sexy, everything is super high quality and I can run up to a 2.6 tire in the rear no problem. I can honestly go on and on about how much I like this bike but you get the picture.

Attachment 1223188

I have a project for you! I'm still recovering from back surgery but check this out....

I *believe* this is a twinloc setup from a bike without a dropper, but you should also be able to use the remote for the fork from a Scale since we aren't running the lockout on the fork but only the rear shock. Then run a matchmaker with a regular thumb trigger dropper lever. Check this image out. He's using matchmaker with a one-up remote. This is punter paul and its a screen capture from his most recent video with tracey hannah. I reached out to him already but I'm fairly certain this is his setup. Looks super clean! This way you would have a triple lever on the left with just one cable/barrel adjuster going to twinloc for only the rear shock.

Does anyone have a Scale with just the fork remote or a new spark that doesn't have the attached dropper built into the twinloc remote that can take some detailed photos? I've got another 4 weeks until I can ride but this will be my setup once I figure it out!

2019 Scott Ransom-image.jpg
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewartzach401 View Post
    If anyone is interested I have a XL Tuned Ransom for sale. Bike has less than 30 miles on it without a single scratch. Showroom Condition!! Message me for pics and more info.
    Will sell frame and rear shock only if interested.
    Sent you a message. I'm building up a second ransom with a dual crown fork but still unsure on what model I want to start with... Interested in just the frame most likely!
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I have a project for you! I'm still recovering from back surgery but check this out....

I *believe* this is a twinloc setup from a bike without a dropper, but you should also be able to use the remote for the fork from a Scale since we aren't running the lockout on the fork but only the rear shock. Then run a matchmaker with a regular thumb trigger dropper lever. Check this image out. He's using matchmaker with a one-up remote. This is punter paul and its a screen capture from his most recent video with tracey hannah. I reached out to him already but I'm fairly certain this is his setup. Looks super clean! This way you would have a triple lever on the left with just one cable/barrel adjuster going to twinloc for only the rear shock.

Does anyone have a Scale with just the fork remote or a new spark that doesn't have the attached dropper built into the twinloc remote that can take some detailed photos? I've got another 4 weeks until I can ride but this will be my setup once I figure it out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	1242027
    Keep us posted. That would be awesome! Iíve cleaned up my cable situation but if this is possible it would be so much cleaner for those of us that are singlelocked!

mtbr member
    Keep us posted. That would be awesome! Iíve cleaned up my cable situation but if this is possible it would be so much cleaner for those of us that are singlelocked!
    Definitely man, I should have this setup in the next week or so. Waiting on parts =)
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Streetdoctor, i see you are in denver area so we ride the same trails. I am actually eyeing genius not ransom but i was wandering how you feel about suspension on the bike with all the climbs we have here. i have been on dw link bikes for the past 10 years and i am wandering how scotts suspension compare in terms of efficiency, bobbing, traction etc.
    do you use twinlock on climbs or is the suspension pretty efficient in full open. twinlock is one thing i am not crazy about on the bike and i am planing to ditch it. or at least for the fork for sure.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    Streetdoctor, i see you are in denver area so we ride the same trails. I am actually eyeing genius not ransom but i was wandering how you feel about suspension on the bike with all the climbs we have here. i have been on dw link bikes for the past 10 years and i am wandering how scotts suspension compare in terms of efficiency, bobbing, traction etc.
    do you use twinlock on climbs or is the suspension pretty efficient in full open. twinlock is one thing i am not crazy about on the bike and i am planing to ditch it. or at least for the fork for sure.
    thanks
    This is how I look at it-

On anything but full suspension XC bikes (IE short travel), suspension is a compromise between something that descends great but still climbs "good enough". Regardless of what any marketing will have you believe this is fact. IMO Horst link is THE best descending platform for going downhill. The Ransom takes that platform and adds twinloc which literally makes it climb like a XC bike that weighs 29/30 pounds. It's not a climb switch, it's a full lock out, or a shorter travel adjust. Taking off twinloc is a huge disservice to the design. Does it climb fine without it? Definitely, and for the climbs with the most tech (parts of the front side of Apex, parts of Belcher, the rock ramp at Lair O Bear) I leave it wide open. In open mode it climbs very similar to a Specialized Enduro but it doesn't squat as much in the back end. You can also leave it in 120 mode and without hooking up the fork you have a 120/170 bike which is pretty sick. A lot of guys I know on the Ransom in our area do this.

With the setup I just posted, especially with a single barrel adjuster twinloc remote, it will be hard pressed to even notice it. If you went with the new Reverb E-dropper you wouldn't even have any extra cables.

If you aren't riding bike parks I think the Genius is a great choice. Very similar to the ransom but a pound or so lighter at the penalty of some stiffness and suspension travel.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Just to add a little to what SD said, Iíve had a couple more rides on the ransom including a 3500í and a 3100í climb on my last couple of rides so I have a better idea of how it climbs now. In wide open mode it actually pedals really well. It will bob but itís not due to the pedal stroke, the bob is from your weight shifting. The rear suspension is really sensitive to the smallest bumps which is awesome for tracking the terrain. The other thing that happens in open mode when climbing compared to traction mode is that it sags into the rear travel much more. So when you put it in traction mode you lose the weight shift induced bob and it sits higher in the travel which raises the seat angle quite a bit which is nice. If you find yourself on a steep, smooth fire rd you can lock it out and steepen the seat angle even more. I believe the seat angle is 75 in open, 76.5 in traction, and 78 locked out. And if you disconnect the fork from the twin lock these numbers should steepen a bit more from sagging into the fork a bit more.

Also finally got a chance to take it on some bigger jumps and was pleasently surprised about the pop it still had for a bike with so much travel. Still retains some playfulness despite being able to monster truck over obstacles when you want to keep the wheels on the ground.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PCT View Post
    Any options for installing a bash guard, since there's no ISCG tabs and the BB is non-threaded? On other bikes I have run a 2x spider (Raceface) with bash ring, but in this case I think it'd involve more purchases of new cranks/spider/ring/bb. Was considering going to 170 crank arms anyhow...
    There are ISCG adaptors which clamp arround the BB housing but I donīt know if I would use such an adaptor on a carbon frame. Google "Csixx ISCG Adaptor Clamp 47mm" for an example.

Btw. you are correct... the BB is press fit on all Ransom frames.

Sidenote: I really donīt understand why Scott has decided to go without ISCG tabs on this frame. Makes absolutely no sense to me!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    ISCG mounts are not something that bother me but I sure do question using a BB92 bottom bracket. It seems like all the downsides of pressfit but with an even smaller bearing surface. I happen to be using Shimano cranks at the moment so with a 24mm spindle the bearing size is fine, but it seems like a major compromise with 30mm or DUB cranks. A PF30 shell being bigger would also seem to be a stiffer better interface. In fact I can't wrap my head around the whole BB92 standard at all seems completely pointless. Didn't it start as a road bike thing or a Cannondale thing anyway ? Oh well you take the good with the bad.

mtbr member
    ISCG mounts are not something that bother me but I sure do question using a BB92 bottom bracket. It seems like all the downsides of pressfit but with an even smaller bearing surface. I happen to be using Shimano cranks at the moment so with a 24mm spindle the bearing size is fine, but it seems like a major compromise with 30mm or DUB cranks. A PF30 shell being bigger would also seem to be a stiffer better interface. In fact I can't wrap my head around the whole BB92 standard at all seems completely pointless. Didn't it start as a road bike thing or a Cannondale thing anyway ? Oh well you take the good with the bad.
    I dunno, Iíve never had an issue with pressfit. Itís not very wet in Colorado though I guess. I hear a ton of people complaining about it, but never any actual issues...
    Denver, CO

HardyNutz
    May 2010
    Anyone using this lever to go single loc?
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-Three-...RoCQVAQAvD_BwE

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The press fit doesn't bother me as much as it used to because you can always put in an Enduro or Wheels Mfg. thread together version if it creaks, its the small shell of the BB92 version that has me a little bothered. Its about the same size as BSA but unlike BSA we can't put larger outboard bearings on it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Anyone using this lever to go single loc?
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-Three-...RoCQVAQAvD_BwE
    Have it sitting on the workbench...just need to change it out. I swapped out the fork remote topcap for the Fox lever style as well. Looking forward to singleLoc on new Tuned...

mtbr member
    Have it sitting on the workbench...just need to change it out. I swapped out the fork remote topcap for the Fox lever style as well. Looking forward to singleLoc on new Tuned...

Interested to hear what you think! Seems like a good solution to swapping the location of the twinloc and dropper post.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Also picked up the Wolftooth matchmaker Remote for the dropper too - hopefully later today/tomorrow I"ll have time to work on the bike. Pics to follow....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Interested to hear what you think! Seems like a good solution to swapping the location of the twinloc and dropper post.
    Here is what I am looking to do..2019 Scott Ransom-img_7482.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Here is what I am looking to do..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7482.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	1242931
    like this a lot, much better than nasty looking fox lever. looking for genius but twinlock/dropper remote setup was always deterrent. now this might change my mind.
    is this standard twinlock lever shown? i was under impression the standard dropper is somehow integrated together with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    That looks really nice but also looks like the twinloc lever will hit the dropper lever? Maybe itís just the angle of the picture?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'll mention it one more time in case y'all missed it - I simply moved my twinloc lever to the top of the right side (and removed the dropper trigger from the lever). AFter that I obviously had plenty of room for a dropper lever on the left side. Also, saved me the $70 (!!) for a different style lever. Seems like a better solution than a mess of 3 levers on the left side. I posted a photo of it a few posts back. I've been using it this way and it works great.

mtbr member
    Hi,
    I dont understand.
    Can you post a photo ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    See the photo at the bottom of post #260. I also describe what I did at the top of that post.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cavo View Post
    is this standard twinlock lever shown? i was under impression the standard dropper is somehow integrated together with it.
    Yes, it is a standard MY2019 twinloc lever. It is available with and without dropper lever.

mtbr member
    I'll mention it one more time in case y'all missed it - I simply moved my twinloc lever to the top of the right side (and removed the dropper trigger from the lever). AFter that I obviously had plenty of room for a dropper lever on the left side. Also, saved me the $70 (!!) for a different style lever. Seems like a better solution than a mess of 3 levers on the left side. I posted a photo of it a few posts back. I've been using it this way and it works great.

nah no way, the rideloc lever (what's used on hardtails for the fork) will be the cleanest setup! I should know more about it today or tomorrow.

Also from what I understand the fox lever's don't work very well with twinloc setups.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavo View Post
    like this a lot, much better than nasty looking fox lever. looking for genius but twinlock/dropper remote setup was always deterrent. now this might change my mind.

From my understanding there are 3 different types of twinloc levers.

1. the one that comes on the Ransom/Genius that has the built in dropper.

2. the one that comes on the spark- front/rear twinloc but no dropper.

3. the "Rideloc" that comes on the scale- fork only, which should also be able to be used with the ransom and setup as a rear only. I guess the ultimate setup would be this accompanied with the AXS reverb electronic dropper and AXS eagle drivetrain.

I usually go through one derailleur a season. I'll have the AXS eagle as soon as this one blows up.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    That looks really nice but also looks like the twinloc lever will hit the dropper lever? Maybe itís just the angle of the picture?
    Nah, this setup is being ran already by punter paul. It's the photo I posted above. It's good to go!
    Denver, CO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast