Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

2019 Scott bikes?

Maybe too early - but with Sea Otter starting in a week - maybe we will learn something. Spark is two years old now - maybe we will see some changes beyond Bold New Graphics. I'm looking for the elusive 120mm xc'ish / Trail bike that is very light but a bit more trail friendly then pure xc rig. Sort of what the 2016 Trek Fuel EX was.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Isnít it 4 years between a new bike?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    Maybe too early - but with Sea Otter starting in a week - maybe we will learn something. Spark is two years old now - maybe we will see some changes beyond Bold New Graphics. I'm looking for the elusive 120mm xc'ish / Trail bike that is very light but a bit more trail friendly then pure xc rig. Sort of what the 2016 Trek Fuel EX was.
    Doesn't the current Spark 900 equate to that?

mtbr member
    You just described the Spark 900 Ultimate!
    https://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/p...-ultimate-bike
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    2019? New Gambler and a new one between Gambler/ Genius!

mtbr member
    I would be very surprised to see major updates to the Spark / Genius this close to a frame redesign. As said above, I would suspect if there will be any major changes, it'll be to the Gambler and or the Voltage.
    '11 SCOTT Aspect 20
    '14 SCOTT Spark 920
    '15 ProGear Domino fatbike
    '18 SCOTT Spark 900

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Genius LT - maybe that describes it better! :-)

mtbr member
    How about you can pedal without hitting the cranks, please!

mtbr member
    The SCOTT Velo Solutions DH team have previewed their new bike which appears to be a prototype Gambler.

They've moved away from the floating suspension to a horst link setup.

2019 Scott bikes?-20180512_074046.jpg
    '11 SCOTT Aspect 20
    '14 SCOTT Spark 920
    '18 SCOTT Spark 900

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMan View Post
    How about you can pedal without hitting the cranks, please!
    This is what is holding me back from a new Scott Spark 900
    ultimate... Pedal strikes are an issue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    2019 Scale has been shown to dealers. Syncros moulded one piece stem/bars (like nino), syncros one piece carbon wheels for the top teir bikes. Expect some 34 sc forks on the spark 900ís and everything is 1x. Choice of sram or shimano 12 speed on the top end bikes.
    Last edited by Gliding_serpent; 06-18-2018 at 09:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    The downside of boost spacing and low centre of gravity. Pros and cons.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Forgive my ignorance but how does boost spacing affect pedal strikes?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    Wider bottom bracket, thus the crank/pedals stick out more from the centerline of the bike (wider q factor), thus more likely to strike something on cornering (leaning the bike). Fat bikes are very prone to it as they have massive q factors.

boost spacing allows for stiffer wheels, and wider wheels, both which help cornering. A low centre of gravity also helps with cornering. But those pedals and bottom bracket get closer to hitting something, so you need to watch the technical stuff and mind your pedal position in corners.

it is all a bit give and take.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Release Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding_serpent View Post
    2019 Scale has been shown to dealers. Syncros moulded one piece stem/bars (like nino), syncros one piece carbon wheels for the top teir bikes. Expect some 34 sc forks on the spark 900ís and everything is 1x. Choice of sram or shimano 12 speed on the top end bikes.
    Does anyone know when the 2019 bikes will be published on the website, and or when they will be available? I am unable to get a SPARK RC at this point in North America; they are all sold. My dealer is going to "pre-book" one for me as soon as possible. I'm itching to get the bike.

XC racer
    May 2005
    Last year I was able to order my Spark RC900SL in mid-July, received it early October. I would expect similar today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    This!

mtbr member
    Images of the 2018 bikes hit the net around mid June according to the 2018 thread here on the forums but it does change year to year. The 2019s shouldn't be far off.

I pre-ordered my 2018 Spark 900 in Medium at the end of June and received it on August 2nd however I live in Australia where it seems, we get the bikes a little earlier.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliding_serpent View Post
    Wider bottom bracket, thus the crank/pedals stick out more from the centerline of the bike (wider q factor), thus more likely to strike something on cornering (leaning the bike). Fat bikes are very prone to it as they have massive q factors.

boost spacing allows for stiffer wheels, and wider wheels, both which help cornering. A low centre of gravity also helps with cornering. But those pedals and bottom bracket get closer to hitting something, so you need to watch the technical stuff and mind your pedal position in corners.

it is all a bit give and take.
    Are you sure about that? Wider bottom bracket? Boost is a wider hub "standard". Moving the cassette outboard (sometimes) requires an offset chainring for proper chainline. I don't think the actual Q-factor changes. I run "normal" cranks and chainring on my boost bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Yeah, they should be having dealer camps imminently...plus Eurobike is around the corner. Should be leaking info & pics soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Lets hope the color's and graphics are decent for the Scott Spark RC 900 in 2019 as you can change the components but not the color. Be terrible if they went to full orange or yellow or lime. It's a sure way to damage sales.

2018 followed 2017 color so that was great.
    I loved the 2017 Scott Spark RC 900 Pro (matt black, white and red) which then filtered down to a team bike in 2018.

I think the 2017 Scott Spark RC 900 WC became the color scheme for 2018 Pro.

I don't think there was a team level in 2017.

Guessing the WC should be like Nino's bike in 2019 with the extra white on the rear.

I heard a rumor of a team level in orange but that would be ridiculous in 2019.

Anyone else heard anything?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Can't wait. keen to see pics and specs of Scott Spark 2019 as thinking of the Pro level 900RC.

Why can't they offer different color schemes for each bike like specialized do?

Anything in gunmetal or carbon colors is a winner with bright brand label! Timeless.

Been loving the Genius in 2018.
    Last edited by bicycleman1; 06-28-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: forgot quote

mtbr member
    I have a 2018 900 Ultimate and had pedal strike issues for the first couple to few weeks. After that, I couldn't tell you the last time that I had a pedal strike.
    You just need to retrain your brain with pedaling through obstacles.
    BoiseBoy

RSM
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Thanks for the pics. And pics of the 2019 genius line up. Specifically the 700 tuned

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Do you have also pictures of the spark rc pro and higher?

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I was in doubt if I would buy the new Orbea M10 or wait for the new Scott RC Team, but saw this pictures I'm 100% Orbea. Unfortunately, it seems that Scott has decreased for the 2018 model, mainly on colors schema, seems me terrible, also the changes from Fox to Rockshox I didn't like.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    That Australian store is selling the Scott Spark RC 900 Team, even before the official release of Scott, seems that the announcement will be soon.

https://www.bicyclesuperstore.com.au...team-2019.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    What are they thinking? Orange? Lime yellow?
    The Scott Spark RC team was one of the best selling bikes in the world in 2018!
    2019 RC 900 colors so far shown are just wrong.
    No lessons learnt from the Orange Norco Revolver 2016 9.1 being avoided because of color in favor of the 9.2 blue/black.
    Lets hope these examples of 2019 shown are a prototype as they have been released early. They might be a different color in other regions. Just hoping.
    Can we see the Pro, WC and RCLT?

That Spark 900 ultimate with fox forks looks Amazing! Interested if the rear link on the Non-RC are carbon, then I can just change the travel if required to a RC.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    IMO MY2017 colours have been the best so far for the Spark Mk3, especially the RC900SL in Black/Orange (my bike!!!). As bicycleman1 mentions above, very 'Norco' to me.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Iím also happy I bought the MY2018 RC pro. Had the last one in my size and the team was out of stock.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Rc PRO, WC and SL
    2019 Scott bikes?-fb_img_1530598942159.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-fb_img_1530598932567.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-fb_img_1530598937104.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'd buy that Scott RC just for the colour alone, reminiscent of my first mountain bike, an Offroad Sport (Black with neon yellow forks and Flex Stem)

mtbr member
    I have a 2018 Spark RC Team Edition. The 2019 team color is meh but i do like these updates: Syncros FL1.5 T-Bar!, Dub cranks, and Rekon tires (over the Aspens). Iím not sure how I feel about the Rock Shox SID 110mm fork over the Fox SC 32 100mm or the Silverston wheelset over the 2.5 XR wheelset. I definitely donít like the Shimano SLX brakes that replaced the Sram TLs. Color aside, the 2019s look SOLID. I wonder if they came in a tad lighter with the t-bar, silverston wheelset and the Rekon tires?

Quote Originally Posted by cleitondomazak View Post
    That Australian store is selling the Scott Spark RC 900 Team, even before the official release of Scott, seems that the announcement will be soon.

https://www.bicyclesuperstore.com.au...team-2019.html
    Got LEFTY?
    -2017 Cídale Scalpel Carbon 3
    -2016 Cídale Slate Force 1
    -2014 Cídale Bad Boy 1

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Just to be sure: the Pro 2019 is the back one with XT and DT swiss wheels? Are those new Maxxis tires better then the aspen?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    .... when does the spark gets a new one?

Lone Wolf

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    Sold my Spark and bought the Boost equipped Scale plus bike as soon as I saw It, was a 2017 model I got mid 2016.

Not once from the first ride did I ever even notice the wider set up, never a heel strike.

But I must say my stock boost wheels system on my Scale 720+ felt just as stiff, light and responsive as my previous NON boost $1,000 American classic wheel set.
    Boost Is good stuff.
    ďI seek only the FlowĒ,
    Climbing Is Supposed To Be Hard,
    Shut Up Legs :P

mtbr member
    I quite like the colors on the top tiered bikes and love that bronzed brown colour on the Ultimate, but I'm a big fan of gloss over matte in terms of keeping it clean and protecting the paint from scratches and marks.

The new TwinLoc looks promising too. Hopefully its functionality has been improved on.

From the Genius article above...

The new Twin-Loc lever is now slimmer and more ergonomic

2019 Scott bikes?-scott-genius-2019-7-1140x760.jpg
    '11 SCOTT Aspect 20
    '14 SCOTT Spark 920
    '18 SCOTT Spark 900

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Is there any images anywhere of the Scale 2019 line up yet?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Any more pics of the Genius and Spark 700 lineup for 2019?

Been loving my 2018 Genius 920, but very interested in seeing the updates for 2019.

I noticed that the 2019 E-Spark now has the Geometry flip-chip from the Genius. I wonder whether this implies a slight facelift for the normal Spark as well?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Can anyone translate this italian to english? Some good pics here
    https://www.pianetamountainbike.it/t...rc-900-sl-2019
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-1.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-6.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    The Scott Spark RC Pro, WC and RCSL look the part.
    Disappointed they moved away from FOX forks on most models.

Understand SRAM and Rock shock go together but really love Shimano brakes and Fox forks. The RC is the best spec, color IMO but way to expensive and not convinced the weight saving doesn't sacrifice strength.

I think if I went for the WC I would change the forks to Fox elite black color and without as much flouro. Maybe even change the brakes to shimano XT.

Not sure about the one piece bars as very expensive to change out for stem length. Also how do you adjust the role of the bars for personal set up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    ohboy , SL is going to cost a fortune, well over 10k!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    The Scott Spark RC Pro, WC and RCSL look the part.
    Disappointed they moved away from FOX forks on most models.

Understand SRAM and Rock shock go together but really love Shimano brakes and Fox forks. The RC is the best spec, color IMO but way to expensive and not convinced the weight saving doesn't sacrifice strength.

I think if I went for the WC I would change the forks to Fox elite black color and without as much flouro. Maybe even change the brakes to shimano XT.

Not sure about the one piece bars as very expensive to change out for stem length. Also how do you adjust the role of the bars for personal set up.
    Iíve just picked up a 2017 scale World Cup at a silly cheap price.
    The first think Iím going to do is change the forks from RS to FOX SC factoryís

RSM
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...&__tn__=%2B%3D

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Where do you guys see the Rock shox fork/shock in the line up?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    2019 bikes now up on YouTube

https://youtu.be/cfuWrP7OUFQ

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Thanks for the pics and video.
    trying to work out amongst the Scott Spark RC's, what is that bit's-er which is black with flouro orange and flouro yellow highlights? Is that a Pro version that is SRAM? The one up the back that is like a bronze color is also a Pro but guessing its Shimano XT gearing?

Are there two versions of the RC SL and the Pro? One shimano gear and other SRAM?

Not much fox fork option but all the frame Shox are fox! Why mix Fox and Rock shock in suspension setup?

This years Scott 2019 is really a bit's-er mix, did they just get what ever leftovers and try to come up with models?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Agreed. Now that they've publicly released the models at Eurobike does anyone know the actual specs of the bikes? Nothing on their US website yet..

mtbr member
    May 2016
    They are probably mixing suspension for a few reasons. Fox already designed a rear shock to work with twinloc system so there is no point in re-designed that with rockshox since I find it works pretty good but I do notice they are now using EVOL cans on them, really curious how this changes the bike so I will wait for a review and possibly upgrade the rear shock, maybe it only needs a EVOL can upgrade

As for the front fork the fox 32 step cast is an absolute noodle, such a fork should not exist in my opinion. The SID is way stiffer and only a few grams heavier, well worth the trade off. Another option would have been a fox 34 step cast which would have been really nice as well

I'm just glad they didn't change the frame geometry

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    They are probably mixing suspension for a few reasons. Fox already designed a rear shock to work with twinloc system so there is no point in re-designed that with rockshox since I find it works pretty good but I do notice they are now using EVOL cans on them, really curious how this changes the bike so I will wait for a review and possibly upgrade the rear shock, maybe it only needs a EVOL can upgrade

As for the front fork the fox 32 step cast is an absolute noodle, such a fork should not exist in my opinion. The SID is way stiffer and only a few grams heavier, well worth the trade off. Another option would have been a fox 34 step cast which would have been really nice as well

I'm just glad they didn't change the frame geometry
    Some good points there, thanks. Yes I have noticed the 32 step cast was a bit ordinary and the only boost SID I have tried is the Brain version. Have always found the Fox fork's more plush and responsive. I have a 150 also on the Genius and it's really smooth.

I'm not a big fan of the peacock colors. Flouro went out in the 80's.

We don't ride peacocks, we want stealth weapons! The SL looks the part but out of most peoples price reach so be great if there was a Non-SL spec and stealth color scheme with XO and XX1 spec bikes with fox forks and XT brakes. The winning combo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Be really interested to hear from a Scott bikes authority on what the reasoning was for the 2019 peacock color schemes? I have heard many reactions including 'they have lost the plot'.

Just because you have a champion in Nino and the geometry seems right, doesn't mean you can throw any color scheme out there and expect great sales.

After 2018 RC team being the go to best value bike of the year I still find it hard to believe the 2019 Team RC has been released in mainly orange! I'm considering going to alternative brands or finding some old Scott stock somewhere of 2017, 2018.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Yea I agree the colors for 2019 are weird. I'm glad I picked up the last large 2018 genius 700 tuned. The color scheme reminds me of Gulf motorsport colors. Love it

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    This 900 RC Pro in XTR could be the best seller for 2019. Interesting color and not to flouro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-spark-pro.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Yeah, that color is nice, especially on the regular Spark combined with a shiny black fork and some parts of the frame clear coated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    That Spark 900 premium (non rc) in the video is absolute beauty

mtbr member
    This 900 RC Pro in XTR could be the best seller for 2019. Interesting color and not to flouro.
    The color is alright, but the frame is made with the cheaper and heavier HMF carbon, which is a downgrade from previous years.

2019 Scott bikes?-spark-rc-900-pro-specs.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Maybe it will drop in price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I still prefer the 2017 colours

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by rebnah View Post
    I still prefer the 2017 colours
    I agree 2017 was a great line up.

Interested how sfer1 is aware of the carbon quality/weight change?

Also can anyone advise on the rear swing arm of the non-RC spark frames. They were alloy last year except for the ultimate I understand. Are the 2019 non-RC frames full carbon including the swing arm? Is the non RC ultimate frame the same in geometry and carbon to the RC non SL frames?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    The color is alright, but the frame is made with the cheaper and heavier HMF carbon, which is a downgrade from previous years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spark RC 900 Pro Specs.jpg 
Views:	2296 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	1207665

Is this the case for all RC? WC, Team? Or do you mean it is just not the SL frame?

I never thought the Pro or WC used the SL frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Is this the case for all RC? WC, Team? Or do you mean it is just not the SL frame?

I never thought the Pro or WC used the SL frame.
    The RC WC and Pro frames have been HMX carbon until 2018.
    The RC Team is HMF carbon.

So, the 2019 RC Pro with HMF carbon is a downgrade indeed, maybe keep a similar price tag after the XTR groupset, which is a huge upgrade form the X01/GX mix from 2018.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Many thanks for this info, didn't realize. So the WC would still be ok with the HMX in 2019? Any idea of the non-RC versions?

I'm interested in the 900 Ultimate spec.

I noticed a bike that looked like a 2019 Pro with Sram, is this HMX carbon?

Is this a Pro model (orange forks) or something new in between?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-pro-sram.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

2019 Scott bikes?

So the RC Pro 2018 has a cheaper fork (RS Sid rl vs Fox SC Elite) cheaper carbon but maybe a better group set if you like the XTR? Wheels are the DT Swiss 1700 series so not the better 1500 series....

Btw the Genius comes with a Fox live valve system on the shock and fork, single tracks on yt has a video about it. Itís kinda specialized brain.... but with more sensors and electronic.

https://youtu.be/bVTOvmJ-wms

mtbr member
    May 2009

Is this a Pro model (orange forks) or something new in between?
    The bike in between is the Contessa Spark RC 900.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    So is there still a Spark RC 900 Team for 2019?

I donít know the lineup well enough to differentiate between the models in the video.

Had hoped to find a 2018 somewhere, but seems to be sold out everywhere I call/look.

Never mind, seen the photo of it above...
    Last edited by NDTransplant; 07-15-2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Add to post
    2018 Specialized Diverge Expert
    2018 Giant Anthem Pro 29 1

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

2019 Scott Scale

I believe the new 2019 Scott Scale 900's with carbon frames will come out with 120mm front suspension, for what I have seen in Europe!

If that is true for us here in USA too, Im lining up and will force them to take my money!
    Last edited by Brazilian Climber; 07-15-2018 at 05:32 PM. Reason: msitake on writing

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Do you have the details like this for the 900RC WC version?

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Do you have the details like this for the 900RC WC version?
    You can see it here: https://youtu.be/E5y7o0KtkC0?t=12m10s

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

I dont know bro! I tend to like the hardtails with the HMF carbon, because it feels more durable and can take more pounding for what I do, which is not downhill with the Scale, but XC more trail oriented, HMF is light enough that allows me to throw a seat dropper and still be sub 24 lbs, in resume I tend to believe the HMF will outlast the higher modulus carbon! But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Brazilian Climber; 07-16-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: mistake on writing

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by NDTransplant View Post
    So is there still a Spark RC 900 Team for 2019?

I donít know the lineup well enough to differentiate between the models in the video.

Had hoped to find a 2018 somewhere, but seems to be sold out everywhere I call/look.

Never mind, seen the photo of it above...
    Yep there is a 2019 RC Team, if you like flouro orange it might suit you but generally the response has been dislike compared to the perfect bike of 2018.

The only way I see a salvage of sales for the ORANGE team 900 RC is to replace the frame with the Contessa (black/orange decals), use same black/orange team SID fork, team otherwise spec and drop the flouro yellow labels/saddle to differentiate from Contessa.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yep there is a 2019 RC Team, if you like flouro orange it might suit you but generally the response has been dislike compared to the perfect bike of 2018.

The only way I see a salvage of sales for the ORANGE team 900 RC is to replace the frame with the Contessa (black/orange decals), use same black/orange team SID fork, team otherwise spec and drop the flouro yellow labels/saddle to differentiate from Contessa.
    Try this one man:

https://contenderbicycles.com/produc...ott-scale-920/

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I just got this. Its 2017 but what a spec and less than half its original retail price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87b9l69xyRU

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    When it comes to ORANGE frames, noticed the American Eagle HT raced in the women's world cup. Would the Orange team 900 RC be better tailored to the Contessa female market? Did they mix up the color specs between the black Contessa and the orange team?

Any update on specs as it's hard to see much on the youtube vids.

When does the Scott website show the 2019 bikes, I see the Scott Japan has started in preparation. How can we pre-order the bikes if we don't know the exact specs?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Dealers have the 2019 catalogue. Talk to your LBS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    RE: 2017 Scale XTR bike Im looking at the same for my son (races MTB). Confirming frame is HMF not lighter HMX?
    Last edited by jtc1; 07-19-2018 at 11:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Considering new Pivot Trail429 - but have always been a Scott guy. What Scott product compares well with the Trail429. 120 or so travel. Thought the Spark 900 Premium - but keep reading about pedal strikes as an issue and I definitely dont want to deal with that in my terrain. Pivot is getting great reviews but can imagine a 29-30lb bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I looked at the BB height for the new Stumpjumper ST 29 and it is very similar to the Spark. They both have 120mm travel.

So not sure why so many have commented on the issue of pedal strikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I have a 2017 spark 710 plus. I think reason people are pedal striking is they may be setting the sag to high (not enough air). I to set it high as I was trying to get more travel out of the suspension. When I set it correctly I don't have an issue. I have since bought a 2018 genius 700 tuned for more travel. Yet to ride it though, broken collar bone.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    First pic I was able to find of Scott Ransom. Itís a new long travel enduro platform, replacing Genius LT. 170/170mm, 29 and 27,5 compatible, more aggressive geometry, also getting ramp control shocks on higher end models. All models have some kind of Eagle drivetrain. This is supposedly the 920 2019 model, 3800Ä. I can make out NX Eagle cranks, Fox 36 and what looks like Low end Shimano brakes:

2019 Scott bikes?-21204.jpg

Official reveal 31.8.

mtbr member
    Considering new Pivot Trail429 - but have always been a Scott guy. What Scott product compares well with the Trail429. 120 or so travel. Thought the Spark 900 Premium - but keep reading about pedal strikes as an issue and I definitely dont want to deal with that in my terrain. Pivot is getting great reviews but can imagine a 29-30lb bike.
    Hi, I own a Pivot Switchblade (and love it!), recently had a Trail 429 on loan for a week and currently have a 920 Spark on loan. The Trail 29 is more Switchblade than Spark that's for sure, however I much prefer the Spark over the Trail 429 as a true trail/XC bike. In my opinion the T429 is too heavy for the type of bike it is, yes it descends and plays VERY well but the Spark is the more spritely bike and ultimately a better all rounder in my opinion. I hope that helps?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeLuni View Post
    First pic I was able to find of Scott Ransom. Itís a new long travel enduro platform, replacing Genius LT. 170/170mm, 29 and 27,5 compatible, more aggressive geometry, also getting ramp control shocks on higher end models. All models have some kind of Eagle drivetrain. This is supposedly the 920 2019 model, 3800Ä. I can make out NX Eagle cranks, Fox 36 and what looks like Low end Shimano brakes:

Name:	21204.jpg 
Views:	1001 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	1208780

Official reveal 31.8.
    Can I ask where you're getting your source from?

If this is true it seems kind of weird to re-introduce the "ransom" name back into the line up when it's just a Genius with a more aggressive geo and longer travel.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Google the name, thereís some Estonian shop with the pic. The rest I got from preorder info from one of the dealers here.

mtbr member
    Some of my friends in my LBS are over in Switzerland at the moment and they posted this earlier this evening, probably the best look of the Genius Live yet...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/pos...6137&width=500

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Google the name, thereís some Estonian shop with the pic. The rest I got from preorder info from one of the dealers here.
    Sorry, but this sounds so sketch man.

I don't believe this to be true.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSpin View Post

We will know for sure on 31.8.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    We will know for sure on 31.8.
    ummm...I guess? I mean how can you even confirm the the date of the press release?

haha but yeah sometime in the future I guess we will see

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSpin View Post

It's true. The Ransom is back. It's currently under media embargo, but reviewers have already got their hands on them during Scott Week in Lenzerheide.

Expect the following models: Ransom 700/900 Tuned, 910, 720/920 and 930.
    2018 Genius 700 Tuned
    Ride 'n Smile!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schleyer View Post
    It's true. The Ransom is back. It's currently under media embargo, but reviewers have already got their hands on them during Scott Week in Lenzerheide.

Expect the following models: Ransom 700/900 Tuned, 910, 720/920 and 930.
    It if has twin lock that takes it to 120 i'm in!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Will there not be any Spark 700 in 2019 ?

Maybe then Spark 900 will have more tire clearance?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I can't find the specs on the Pro & WC RC Sparks and dealers say they don't have the 2019 catalogue. Can anyone advise on the actual specs of the Pro, WC RC? Noticed the team now uses Shimano SLX brakes. Be nice to see XT brakes on higher levels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Will the Carbon rocker link of the spark Sl available for sell?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by superjon View Post
    Will there not be any Spark 700 in 2019?
    If someone can shed any light on this, it would be great!

I have been riding the Genius models since 2009. I have always been so impressed by its allround capabilities. Flick it into lockout mode, and it was so pedal efficient - the perfect bike to get you to the trail and back. While on the trail, it was lightweight, fun and agile. Perhaps not the All-mountain machine the 150mm travel would have you believe, but a very efficient climber and well suited for technical trail riding.

With the new Genius, Scott have definitely shifted its focus towards more hardcore terrain. Coming from a previous model 27.5Ē Genius 730, the new Genius 920 actually feels a bit over-dimensioned for my local trails.

I was considering downsizing to a Spark 700, so itís a shame if itís been discontinued indeed.
    2018 Genius 700 Tuned
    Ride 'n Smile!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    2017 was the only year Spark was available with regular 27.5" on the new frame.
    I guess nobody bought them, so they discontinued it.

Seems like regular 27.5" is pretty much dead on almost every brand, it's all about 27.5+ and 29.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR View Post
    2017 was the only year Spark was available with regular 27.5" on the new frame.
    I guess nobody bought them, so they discontinued it.

Seems like regular 27.5" is pretty much dead on almost every brand, it's all about 27.5+ and 29.
    Yes, but 2018 they kept the 700 with 27.5 Plus tires. Maxxis Rekon. Now it looks like they are abandoning that as well, for the Spark lineup?
    2018 Genius 700 Tuned
    Ride 'n Smile!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    This year, Spark 700 is the 27,5+ It is this bike I would like to buy in 2019

But I will be more than perfect if the 2019 Spark 900 can take 27,5+ tires

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Tend to agree with this move even the Genius as a 29er with 2.6 tyres handles great since Boost. To a certain extent once boost came in with 29ers, the bike response is so good, 27.5 not needed unless you need a small or XS frame. Some manufacturer's only offered the XS and S in 27.5 but M upward in 29. I have never looked back since moving to 29 platform, don't miss 27.5 at all. One challenge I find is finding the same tires the bike came out with OE, not all widths/sizes seem to be available retail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Some say there are experiments going on with road wheels to be boost and 750C rim (similar OD to 29er with 2.5 tyres). That should cause a reaction!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast