Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 301 to 400 of 402
  1. #301
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    11
    Itís a 2.4 Maxterra. Did not have the occasion to put much kilometers on it, but it seems nice.

  2. #302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    44
    i ordered the rc pro in large first week of august. will be here mid november due to shimano groupsets. I think they should offer a sram groupset to people who dont want to wait....just my .02

  3. #303
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsdad1979 View Post
    i ordered the rc pro in large first week of august. will be here mid november due to shimano groupsets. I think they should offer a sram groupset to people who dont want to wait....just my .02
    Ordered Spark RC Pro XL in mid July, just when the catalog was available and dealer told me the date is end of october... no news about it, they say date is still end of october but i dont believe... i think is more mid or end of november.

  4. #304
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by dacumulado View Post
    Ordered Spark RC Pro XL in mid July, just when the catalog was available and dealer told me the date is end of october... no news about it, they say date is still end of october but i dont believe... i think is more mid or end of november.
    I too ordered this summer - first hear mid September... now its sometime in November. I'm not very confident tho. I would rather wait for new XTR then go Sram...

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Hi Guys,

    I have ordered a Spark RC WC Frame kit and a Spark RC Contessa for my wife at first of september and i was told the following delivery dates:
    Contessa @ 17.01.2019
    Frame Kit @ 08.02.2019

    So, pretty hard to wait that long ;-)

  6. #306
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    I almost ordered Orbea Oiz for March but thought that if I have to wait that long I'll check how long will I wait for Spark. It turned out that local dealer had M and L on stock. Went there and two days later came home with brand new Spark I'm super happy!


















    M size
    *stock with tubes without pedals = weighted 10.28kg

    *without tubes and with sealant inside, speed/cadence sensors + magnets, wahoo mount, pretty heavy rubberish elite bottle cage and xtr spd = 10.55kg

    maybe its not the lightest but i can live with that as it's insane ride

  7. #307
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    44
    wish i had the cash for the world cup. my dealer has that in a large. had to go with the pro and which was still a stretch of the budget.

  8. #308
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post
    I almost ordered Orbea Oiz for March but thought that if I have to wait that long I'll check how long will I wait for Spark. It turned out that local dealer had M and L on stock. Went there and two days later came home with brand new Spark I'm super happy!


















    M size
    *stock with tubes without pedals = weighted 10.28kg

    *without tubes and with sealant inside, speed/cadence sensors + magnets, wahoo mount, pretty heavy rubberish elite bottle cage and xtr spd = 10.55kg

    maybe its not the lightest but i can live with that as it's insane ride
    What do you think of the rear triangle? Was told they beefed it up some due to so many warranty issues from the 17 and 18's. I guess this allowed it to take the 2.35 tire as a bonus up from the 2.25

  9. #309
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    I too ordered this summer - first hear mid September... now its sometime in November. I'm not very confident tho. I would rather wait for new XTR then go Sram...
    I would as well rather wait for the XTR, but not if that means Spring of 2019 though.

  10. #310
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsdad1979 View Post
    What do you think of the rear triangle? Was told they beefed it up some due to so many warranty issues from the 17 and 18's. I guess this allowed it to take the 2.35 tire as a bonus up from the 2.25
    tubes looks very "fat". You never know but if i had to judge by just looking at it then id say it seems to be super solid

  11. #311
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsdad1979 View Post
    I would as well rather wait for the XTR, but not if that means Spring of 2019 though.
    Hi,

    I noticed you mounted a garmin mount on your bars. Did you receive the included garmin mount to suit the frazer bars? It does have a very positive click in. It fits on the the top of the steer tube instead of the top cap. It is plastic but has the correct angle to suit the bars and specific to cover the top of the carbon 1 piece stem and bars. I'm hoping an alloy version will come out because the current alloy syncros one is not correct for these bars and has terrible angle. The bike shop should have given you a bag full of extras and the manual. Extras include things like setting up the sag, garmin mount, half moon plastic spacer for the twin lock should you prefer different grips like ESI, different plastic frame cable port covers, tubless valves and 2 x syncros sealant.

  12. #312
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    101
    So yours came with Ikons instead of Rekon race ? I wish mine comes with Rekons

  13. #313
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikzz View Post
    So yours came with Ikons instead of Rekon race ? I wish mine comes with Rekons
    I think they all come with Ikons, I haven't seen any with recon Race. Not a fan of tires that say race because its just the same tire with less depth of tread. I found the Ardent race useless but the full Ardent is decent.

    The best tire I have experienced is last years OE tire Maxxis Aspen 29x2.25.

    I have tried the Maxxis Aggressor on the front 29x2.3. Grip nothing special and certainly higher rolling resistance.

  14. #314
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    What recommendations are there for a grippy front tire for a XC dually 29er.
    2.25-2.3. Was thinking of a continental race king or a Mitas Kratos tire?

  15. #315
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Still waiting for my Spark RC Pro 2019 since 16th july... it's a shame. The first date was end of october... and now no one can tell me the estimated date.

  16. #316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    What recommendations are there for a grippy front tire for a XC dually 29er.
    2.25-2.3. Was thinking of a continental race king or a Mitas Kratos tire?
    The new Racing Ray is the bomb!


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by dacumulado View Post
    Still waiting for my Spark RC Pro 2019 since 16th july... it's a shame. The first date was end of october... and now no one can tell me the estimated date.
    Any news. My shop just told me end of November. Ordered mine first week of August. Somehow I donít feel like it will be here though.

  18. #318
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Mid december. Last news.

  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by dacumulado View Post
    Mid december. Last news.
    I wish Scott Bikes was monitoring and could actually give us a straight answer on here.

  20. #320
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    today i received 3d printed conversion from wahoo to garmin mount, finally could use scott's top cap garmin mount which btw is super fragile. I cracked it a bit inside near screw hole without exceeding NM limits... Except it hurts my head now doesnt change much. You need to be really careful not to destroy it. Cap without garmin mount on the other hand is nice and solid.




  21. #321
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    789
    Does anyone have any info about the 2019 Scott Spark with Live Valve? My local dealer has one on order but doesn't even know what color it is. Does it have XTR or XX1? What color is it? I can't find any info online other than it exists.

    It seems like it wasn't shown at Eurobike, or interbike just the Genius.

    Thanks!

  22. #322
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TaupoRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    214
    Well this is a surprise, after looking very hard I think I may have found myself my new mountain bike - Scott Spark 940 or a 930... There is a test day at the end of the month so I am looking forward to giving the Spark a really good go.

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    I don't understand why Scott releases limited supply of Carbon frame bikes globally. Seems you have to pre-order or they are sold out. I wanted a Large Spark 920 but there is no stock!

    I'm not surprised why some bikes are not due until Jan 2019. Should I look at a Norco or Specialized that are available!

  24. #324
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    11
    Logic. They deliver the bikes at the pace the factory can follow. Iíve ordered mine in august and it was delivered in october.

  25. #325
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MI-XC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post
    today i received 3d printed conversion from wahoo to garmin mount, finally could use scott's top cap garmin mount which btw is super fragile. I cracked it a bit inside near screw hole without exceeding NM limits... Except it hurts my head now doesnt change much. You need to be really careful not to destroy it. Cap without garmin mount on the other hand is nice and solid.



    Where did you order this conversion piece from? I want one!
    2018 Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup | ďIf youíre not first youíre lastĒ

  26. #326
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-XC View Post
    Where did you order this conversion piece from? I want one!
    Why would you need it? Is there any difference between the Garmin and Wahoo mounts, besides the direction in which you turn it?

  27. #327
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Been looking at a Scott Spark 920 but have second thoughts now I have read all the feed back on Dub cranks and press fit bearings. Seems some Bike brands have gone back to threaded and using Shimano or similar 24mm axels. Interesting reading on the Chris king standard T47 BB. I wish Scott would go to threaded bearings. As much as I like the Sram Eagle, staying well away from the DUB dud. Looking forward to when Shimano XT 12 speed is released. Been Checking out the Specialized Evo bikes with threaded BB and thinking of Shimano cranks.

  28. #328
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    127
    The old Sram bb are bomb proof. So just sell the dub and put an old xx1 Eagle crank in it.


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  29. #329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Its so frustrating to see this SRAM NX 12 speed on so many decent frame bikes. I would rather have 11 speed GX than the plastic in the NX line up. It also means you can't up grade the rear cassette without changing the free body to XD because the lead weight NX 11-50 is on a shimano free body. Only other option is fitting the XTR cassette if you don't mind mixing.
    Why would you release a carbon Spark 920 (GX) and a 930 (NX) with little price difference? Wouldn't it be better to use the trickle down effect like Shimano and re-badge the decent 11 speed group set and fit it to the 930? I just don't see the NX group set worthy of any carbon frame. It should only be on the entry level alloy bikes like the 950-970.
    2019 is panning out to be a transition year with allot of duds or is that spelt dub.
    Last edited by bicycleman1; 11-22-2018 at 08:08 PM.

  30. #330
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MI-XC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    Its so frustrating to see this SRAM NX 12 speed on so many decent frame bikes. I would rather have 11 speed GX than the plastic in the NX line up. It also means you can't up grade the rear cassette without changing the free body to XD because the lead weight NX 11-50 is on a shimano free body. Only other option is fitting the XTR cassette if you don't mind mixing.
    Why would you release a carbon Spark 920 (NX) and a 930 (GX) with little price difference? Wouldn't it be better to use the trickle down effect like Shimano and re-badge the decent 11 speed group set and fit it to the 920? I just don't see the NX group set worthy of any carbon frame. It should only be on the entry level alloy bikes like the 950-970.
    2019 is panning out to be a transition year with allot of duds or is that spelt dub.
    Yeah I agree, minimum should be GX at that price point. Seems like for 2019 they are trying to cut costs and shorting buyers in the components for their mid range models.
    2018 Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup | ďIf youíre not first youíre lastĒ

  31. #331
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    101
    Huge bummer for Spark 900SL owners! Scott couldn't make Sylverton SL wheels in time and are offering clients -3000eur and bike comes with Silverton 1.0 1750g carbon wheels : https://www.syncros.com/ch/en/produc...O408sCZUKxRo4I , even the scott website now says that price is 8000eur and weight is 9.95 ! https://www.scott-sports.com/be/en/p...icle=269745007
    Last edited by Raikzz; 11-16-2018 at 07:50 AM.

  32. #332
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    76
    bummer

  33. #333
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    301
    So Scott have discontinued the Scale Plus?

    Are they doing a 27.5" 2.6 or 29" 2.4 hardtail at least?

  34. #334
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Why do they insist on mixing group set levels. If I buy a bike with an XO group set, I expect it to have a XO cassette and not a GX! Imagine how rude it would be for all bikes to come with a 12 speed NX eagle cassette so they can keep one type of wheelset with shimano free body. Then you have the $hit fight to buy another free body just to get a full XO groupset! Half expecting this when Shimano bring out 12 speed XT in next year or 2. They may just save cost by fitting the lead weight NX cassette to everything or maybe they will weld the cassette to the free body next?

  35. #335
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Dav1nc1 View Post
    Logic. They deliver the bikes at the pace the factory can follow. Iíve ordered mine in august and it was delivered in october.
    Then why are the XTR bikes and 'frame only orders' placed in August possibly due in Jan 2019? Is there no foresight or planning in production? Was there some natural disaster in Japan for Shimano supply? Syncros SL wheels couldn't make production in time? Why? Did they find an issue? Maybe that is a good thing but a weight of 1750g for Syncros 1.0 wheel set is not acceptable. Plenty of sub 1500g wheel sets out there!

  36. #336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    I wish you could choose your frame/fork and its color from their range then order it with the group set you like.

    They don't offer many frame/fork only for sale. I can't see any Spark Carbon 120mm frames? I would buy the 910 frame and fork combo, that looks the best. Or a gunmetal grey/carbon color with black or red SCOTT graphics.

  37. #337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    I wish you could choose your frame/fork and its color from their range then order it with the group set you like.

    They don't offer many frame/fork only for sale. I can't see any Spark Carbon 120mm frames? I would buy the 910 frame and fork combo, that looks the best. Or a gunmetal grey/carbon color with black or red SCOTT graphics.
    This. I havenít really wanted a complete bike in years. I much prefer to build a frame up with some new bits, some old faithful parts etc. I like to ride high end bikes, but a $10k full bike price just isnít happening.

  38. #338
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    To be honest, i don't undestand the delivery times either. I can understand if there are some missing parts like the SL Full-carbon wheels or the latest XTR group. But i have ordered just a frame kit and have to wait approx. half a year. And my wifes Contessa RC is equipped with very common parts like X01 and XT brakes and she has to wait 5 month as well. So where is the problem to deliver earlier?

  39. #339
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54

    Favorite Scott MTB's

    What is your favorite Scott bike? Hopefully Scott will listen to the customer and take it on board for next year's bikes.

    My 4 favorite bikes have been these:
    2017 Scott Spark 900 RC Pro,
    2018 Scott Spark 900
    2018 Scott Spark 900 RC team with XX1 upgrade
    2014 Scott Spark 910
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-scott-spark-rc-900-pro-2017.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-2018-scott-spark-900.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-265231_18_sc_mtb_sparkrc_900_team_1800x.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-scott_spark_910_2014.jpg  

    Last edited by bicycleman1; 11-27-2018 at 10:25 PM.

  40. #340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post
    I almost ordered Orbea Oiz for March but thought that if I have to wait that long I'll check how long will I wait for Spark. It turned out that local dealer had M and L on stock. Went there and two days later came home with brand new Spark I'm super happy!


















    M size
    *stock with tubes without pedals = weighted 10.28kg

    *without tubes and with sealant inside, speed/cadence sensors + magnets, wahoo mount, pretty heavy rubberish elite bottle cage and xtr spd = 10.55kg

    maybe its not the lightest but i can live with that as it's insane ride
    Sounds like a nice bike. But regarding the 10.55kg, it's only when you shed weight that you appreciate what climbing can be like. Pedal up a 10% for 1km (100m vert) at a relaxed pace with nothing in your pocket. Then do the same with a full bidon in your jersey pocket. Add one more bidon and ride the hill again. Which feels best? Then reaslise that at 9.5kg your Spark would still feel just as amazing on the flats and descents as it does now, except it would accelerate harder out of every corner, be more nimble to flick through singletrack, and take slightly less braking force on approach to every corner.

  41. #341
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    It's not that easy to get the 900 WC spark to 9.5kg. The size large without pedals was 10.8kg. Adding a set of carbon wheels and tubeless only brings to 10.3kg with XTR pedals. These SID forks are a bit heavy. You can save weight with some Fox factory 32. Not much else to save weight unless you start changing minor components to titanium. I can't get it under 10kg. How did you achieve 9.5kg?

    Its not only about the actual weight but more about the rotating mass that can help with the handling, acceleration. The rims, tires and nipples, spokes should be considered rather than the over all wheel weight. The DT 350 hubs spin as well as the 240's. Put the money into the carbon rim and go wide internal 25-28mm.

    *Must be at least 100g of mud on that bike....!

  42. #342
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    It's not that easy to get the 900 WC spark to 9.5kg. The size large without pedals was 10.8kg. Adding a set of carbon wheels and tubeless only brings to 10.3kg with XTR pedals. These SID forks are a bit heavy. You can save weight with some Fox factory 32. Not much else to save weight unless you start changing minor components to titanium. I can't get it under 10kg. How did you achieve 9.5kg?
    I don't have a Spark. The Spark WC (size Medium) I believe weighs 1850g including shock, as it's supposed to be 70g more than the top spec SL frame. I've got a BH Lynx Race Evo Carbon, size Large. BH lists the frame weight (again, for size Medium) as 1850g without shock. I've got a Fox Float Factory DPS shock, which weighs 221g from what I can find. So my frame is roughly this much heavier than yours, although I expect the difference would grow a little if you compare Large with Large. Furthermore, on the size Large version of the Lynx frame, they add a brace between the top of seat tube and the back of the top tube. So in reality my frame would definitely be more than 221g heavier than your WC size Large. But let's be conservative and imagine the difference is only 221g. All up with current mods, the BH weighs about 9.4kg. This includes pedals, simple Garmin Edge 500 mount, and bar ends. The only absent component is the bottle cage (but cage bolts are on), so add 21 grams for the cage. The steerer tube is uncut and sticks up like a honeymooner's dick, and it still wears the stock stem, spacers and top cap etc.


    Seat post: Easton EC-Zero 400mm (215-ish grams). I have a Darimo 400mm post to drop another 120g (Hilariously, Darimo actually measured to the nearest 1/10th of a gram at 94.9g and signed it as such on the tag!)

    Saddle: Pro Turnix 135mm (150-ish grams and very comfy).

    Seat clamp: Carbon-Ti 34.9 (secure, reliable, looks clean and weighs just 11g)

    Stem: Stock BH 90mm -6 deg. Lighter stem is on the way (PRC ST2 100mm).

    Wheels: Duke Lucky Jack SLS with no decals and Duke Mad Max SP boost (from memory 1237g including tape and valves.)

    Tyres: Conti Cross King 2.2 Race Sport front (555g); Schwalbe Thunder Burt 2.25 TLE Addix Speed rear (575g). Both tyres have about 100-110mL of sealant.

    Handlebar: Schmolke SL 680mm flat (SL is their heavy reinforced version for bar ends, and weighs 113g).

    Bar ends: S-Works Overendz Carbon (about 80g), also Specialized alloy bar end plugs (these are awesome for protecting the bar, and weigh 20g).

    Grips: Ritchey Superlogic foam (10g for the pair and very comfy)

    Front thru axle: Extralite Black Lock, boost version that suits Fox SC fork (this is insanely light at 28g and very well thought out by having the hex head incorporated at the threaded end, which is already reinforced. It is also one of the only leverless thru axles that comes with a larger 6mm hex head. For reference, the standard Fox boost thru axle is 76g, and the 100mm Kabolt on my non-boost bike weighs 39g.)

    Rear thru axle: Standard OEM spec (very long at 188mm to accommodate the split link chain stays, yet just 55g if I recall).

    Rotors: Magura Storm SL 160mm front and rear (I think they were 92g each).

    Pedals: Shimano XTR (244g with springs and claws removed from one side of each pedal. The rod is retained for strength and the screws [i.e. the 3 screws on the now naked side of each pedal] threaded back into place with simple homemade mini gaskets to keep the threads watertight and stop the screws from bottoming out in the threads. I just cut tiny discs out of foam bar tape and centrepunched to use for the gaskets.)

    The rest is stock equipment...

    Fork: Fox Float SC Factory (2-position combined remote, 1350g -- your SID is a couple of hundred grams heavier as you mention.)

    Shock: Fox Float Factory DPS 100mm (remote included in above)

    Brakes: Shimano M9100 XTR Race levers and 2-piston calipers (pretty slick I must say!)

    Drivetrain: SRAM Eagle XX1 gold cassette, XX1 rear mech, XX1 DUB crankset w/ 34t ring (175mm cranks)

    Bottom bracket: SRAM DUB press-fit (for 92mm shell)

    SO........if you did a similar thing you'd be looking at less than 9.1kg for your WC Spark. There's a guy I know with a Focus OE1 size Large that weighs 8.7kg complete with snakeskin tyres. Not sure of the exact part spec, but his drivetrain is the pre-DUB (70g heavier) version of XX1, similar wheels to mine, egg beater 4ti or whatever, crazy light saddle (Tune Speed Needle)...


    Don't ruin your marriage over it, but this might give you a few ideas. What wheels have you got on there?

  43. #343
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    Its not only about the actual weight but more about the rotating mass that can help with the handling, acceleration. The rims, tires and nipples, spokes should be considered rather than the over all wheel weight. The DT 350 hubs spin as well as the 240's. Put the money into the carbon rim and go wide internal 25-28mm.

    *Must be at least 100g of mud on that bike....!
    Ha! And yep, that's right about the rotating mass, and the effect under acceleration being proportional to the radius etc. I was going to say the first thing you should do is get light wheels, but you've already ticked that box. Internal width of 25-28mm sounds nice. What wheels are they though?


    Mine are 25.6mm internal and look pretty wide. Yours must look pretty mean! Can't wait to try mine out, but I'm waiting on a replacement mounting pin to be machined to go with the Fox shock bolt. Whoever made the OEM pin/sleeve (I assume it was BH) hollowed it out a little too much, causing some play between it and the frame bolt which goes through the middle

    .....That time when you order a bike from Spain through a French bicycle store as there is no Australian BH distributor, then wait over 3 months for it to arrive, only to find something doesn't fit as it should, requiring a new one to be fabricated

  44. #344
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Have you heard of Nextie? They manufacture an ultralight carbon 34mm rim for trail with a 28mm internal. The weight is less than some XC rims. It's a beast when built with sapim xray spokes and DT 240 straight pull hubs. Near 1400g pair. Super stiff so need to lace X2 28H.

    • Material: Toray T1000 (30%) + T700 (70%) carbon fibre
    • Weight: 350g,

    Or you can go the XC 30mm rim, 25 internal that only weighs 310g.

    On the Scott I have tried Enve 525 XC rims and Xtralite hubs with ray spokes at 1320g a set but the cost is excessive and the Nextie build performed better at 28 internal and a fraction of the cost.

  45. #345
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    I actually had a set of Nextie's built up for me, the 25mm internal ultralight 310g ones, with dt 240 hubs and cx-ray spokes 28 Hole, they are under 1300g

    So far I like them a lot and no problems but only have about 10 rides on them so far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-i286260064351792279._szw1280h1280_.jpg  


  46. #346
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    Have you heard of Nextie? They manufacture an ultralight carbon 34mm rim for trail with a 28mm internal. The weight is less than some XC rims. It's a beast when built with sapim xray spokes and DT 240 straight pull hubs. Near 1400g pair. Super stiff so need to lace X2 28H.

    • Material: Toray T1000 (30%) + T700 (70%) carbon fibre
    • Weight: 350g,

    Or you can go the XC 30mm rim, 25 internal that only weighs 310g.

    On the Scott I have tried Enve 525 XC rims and Xtralite hubs with ray spokes at 1320g a set but the cost is excessive and the Nextie build performed better at 28 internal and a fraction of the cost.
    Ok , cool. I'd heard of Nextie, but know very little about them. The 34mm sound like monsters. I don't know much about Enve either, other than what I've read about their aero road wheels being crazy fast and something I heard about their XC rims being a little on the harsh side.

  47. #347
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1
    Someone weighed the DT Swiss X1675?

  48. #348
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4
    Just spoke with bike shop about my Spark RC Pro order. XTR crankset is going to be replaced with Race Face Next SL due to production problems at Shimano. All other XTR components will remain unchanged. This has pushed dealer delivery dates to late Feb early March. Nothing like buying a bike and having to wait 4-5 months to get it. If you want a Sram equipped World Cup, you can get it now...

  49. #349
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    44
    My dealer called about my RC Pro as well. The rep came through and got a World Cup sent to me for no extra charge!! I also threatened to cancel my order and buy an Epic. I pushed them on it and they came through....I think Scott at this point has thrown the towel in on that model and making what changes they can to get them shipping ASAP...

  50. #350
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster1978 View Post
    Just spoke with bike shop about my Spark RC Pro order. XTR crankset is going to be replaced with Race Face Next SL due to production problems at Shimano. All other XTR components will remain unchanged. This has pushed dealer delivery dates to late Feb early March. Nothing like buying a bike and having to wait 4-5 months to get it. If you want a Sram equipped World Cup, you can get it now...
    Go for what Twinsdad197 said below (WC for the price of a Pro). Although Shimano make some great stuff, I'm not a fan of the new Shimano drivetrain overall (because the hubs are heavy and there is not one great wheel build option with them). But being lumped with a Race Face Next SL crankset instead would be bad news, despite the 80-gram weight saving. XTR is pretty reliable and the shifting is brilliant. I would be worried the Race Face cranks will not last very long.

    The SRAM build with XX1 DUB cranks on the WC model is a much better prospect (and lighter than Next SL cranks). Tell your bike shop the RF cranks are shit, and get them to push Scott for the WC model for the same price.

  51. #351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonDP View Post
    Go for what Twinsdad197 said below (WC for the price of a Pro). Although Shimano make some great stuff, I'm not a fan of the new Shimano drivetrain overall (because the hubs are heavy and there is not one great wheel build option with them). But being lumped with a Race Face Next SL crankset instead would be bad news, despite the 80-gram weight saving. XTR is pretty reliable and the shifting is brilliant. I would be worried the Race Face cranks will not last very long.

    The SRAM build with XX1 DUB cranks on the WC model is a much better prospect (and lighter than Next SL cranks). Tell your bike shop the RF cranks are shit, and get them to push Scott for the WC model for the same price.
    From all the reviews and my personal experience the next SL canks are amazing, best quality cranks out there, dunno why you got a hate on did you destroy a set or something?

  52. #352
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    From all the reviews and my personal experience the next SL canks are amazing, best quality cranks out there, dunno why you got a hate on did you destroy a set or something?
    Same here!
    Okay, had a bit trouble with the pedal insert at the G3 version, but the G4 version is really great.

  53. #353
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4
    After I heard about the crankset switch, I YouTubed them and it looks like a lot of people have had some crank separation issues where the chainring cinch is located. I hope that Race Face has resolved this issue...

  54. #354
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    356
    I had a RF next crank issue. The carbon separated from the aluminum insert on big end. RF would not warranty because I did not have a receipt for crankset purchase (bought the bike used), even though they knew there was an issue. They are light, but probably not the most reliable.

  55. #355
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    From all the reviews and my personal experience the next SL canks are amazing, best quality cranks out there, dunno why you got a hate on did you destroy a set or something?
    I've not had a carbon Race Face crankset, just an alloy one years ago. I'm going on quite a few reports of the pedal thread insert coming out of the crank arm.

  56. #356
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    The news I heard was there was a fire in a shimano factory as the reason there are supply issues with XTR equipped bikes. Just ask if you can have the Pro with XO or XX1 Sram or if it's easier the WC bike. Ask around if other brands of bike have the same supply issue with shimano 12sp xtr equipped bikes.

    The Pro frame 2019 is same as the team frame just much better color. WC frame is very nice indeed!

    I think the Pro could be re-spec same as the Spark 910 which is same color.

    The Race face cranks are better than accepting the DUB standard. The GXP design was superior, the best and designed to eliminate the shims and micro adjust in BB30. But DUB is a step backward in design with shims and micro adjust again. Shimano and Race face stick to their guns and proven design. Have you ever noticed flex in the 24mm shimano or GXP axel? No! Because the support is at the end of the moment arm! With DUB there is more chance of torsional sheer stress and a work hardening alloy axel and fracture due to bonding. I hope they survive over time, sure they have done plenty of fatigue testing to last the warranty period.
    Last edited by bicycleman1; 12-12-2018 at 05:12 PM.

  57. #357
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Something interesting that I overlooked is the new free-body design required to use 12 speed XTR. It's called micro spline and also accommodates the 10T small cog like the SRAM XD does. So now there are additional Shimano standards to consider also. Seems you can easily buy DT swiss micro spline FB for 240 and 350 hubs. However, not sure all manufacturers of hubs now have Shimano spline, micro spline and Sram XD available. One can only suspect Shimano shall filter the Micro spline down through their components in future and leave the old spline for lower end cassettes...

    It would be hard for Scott to re configure the XTR Pro bikes to SRAM at this late stage as even the wheel sets are specific in their FB (XTR micro spline)

  58. #358
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    101
    https://www.scott-sports.com/de/de/p...icle=269745009

    Seems like al models specced with XTR cranks are now coming with Next cranks, samething with Canyon bikes : https://www.canyon.com/en-ee/mtb/lux...race-team.html

  59. #359
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,199
    Correct, friend of mine ordered his Canyon LUX CF SL 8.0 RACE Team in August, delivery has been postponed to end of december. Received an email last Friday, delivery is postponed again until april 2019 due to worldwide unavailability of the XTR cranks. As a solution the Race Face Next SL G5's will be fitted. Originally these cranks are supposed to be 2020 models.

  60. #360
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-XC View Post
    Where did you order this conversion piece from? I want one!
    got it from here, can recommend, order process/delivery went smooth without delays. Actually they delivered faster than predicted.

    https://www.shapeways.com/product/TT...ionId=66892984

    Quote Originally Posted by PT_Dec View Post
    Someone weighed the DT Swiss X1675?
    I Just know they are under 1700g, read somewhere that weighted were 1690. They feel good, I plan to change them but without hurry then I'll weight them.

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonDP View Post
    Sounds like a nice bike. But regarding the 10.55kg, it's only when you shed weight that you appreciate what climbing can be like. Pedal up a 10% for 1km (100m vert) at a relaxed pace with nothing in your pocket. Then do the same with a full bidon in your jersey pocket. Add one more bidon and ride the hill again. Which feels best? Then reaslise that at 9.5kg your Spark would still feel just as amazing on the flats and descents as it does now, except it would accelerate harder out of every corner, be more nimble to flick through singletrack, and take slightly less braking force on approach to every corner.
    I installed power meter -> bike ready to ride as on pictures is 10.62kg (M). The only change I plan is new wheels, so weight will go down to 10.4 - 10.3kg i think. Wont push for less, I feel like this bike is complete package and FS around 10.5kg i consider already decent. The way it rides though... this bike should be placed on the UCI forbidden subtances list.













    EDIT: found smth ->1718g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-x1675.jpg  

    Last edited by jarek84; 01-07-2019 at 06:44 AM.

  61. #361
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Its a shame to put such a wheelset to the WC Bike.

    Another question. How is the twin lock lever mounted to the bar? As far as i can see it is combined with the clamp of the lock-on grips. Is it possible to exchange to grips without clamp?

  62. #362
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    i hope it is as im going to change grips for something more practical lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-grip.jpg  


  63. #363
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Racelight View Post
    Its a shame to put such a wheelset to the WC Bike.

    Another question. How is the twin lock lever mounted to the bar? As far as i can see it is combined with the clamp of the lock-on grips. Is it possible to exchange to grips without clamp?
    Yea usually in the bag of parts there is a plastic sleeve that takes place of the lock on grips. I did this on both 2017 and 18 bikes. As I put on wolf tooth fat paw grips. 2019 Scott bikes?-img_20180706_142819285.jpeg

  64. #364
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    127
    Do you guys know Where I can buy the new twinloc 2019 for, fork, shock and dropper?


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  65. #365
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    I did a quick search on google and found this

    https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/sc...s-2017-p337470

  66. #366
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    127
    That quick search is a 2017 version. Not the 2019


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  67. #367
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    I did a quick search on google and found this

    https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/sc...s-2017-p337470
    That's actually a 2018 twinloc dropper lever combo. 2017 didn't have the dropper integrated. I have both a 2017 spark and 2018 genius. The 2019 is more streamlined twinloc combo

  68. #368
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    sorry, thought it would still work out

  69. #369
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    It will work. I think people are looking for the streamlined look of 2019

  70. #370
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    Its good we are talking about this because I have yet to put a dropper on my 900 rc because the twin loc gets in the way, I just ordered a cheap giant switch dropper that comes with the thumb lever and I think I will be able to position it to work out. If not I will order one of these

  71. #371
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    Its good we are talking about this because I have yet to put a dropper on my 900 rc because the twin loc gets in the way, I just ordered a cheap giant switch dropper that comes with the thumb lever and I think I will be able to position it to work out. If not I will order one of these
    Pictured above I bought a top mounted twin loc without dropper lever for the exact reason. The dropper lever hits the twinloc levers. And I like mine on the top of the bar.

  72. #372
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    127
    Yes the 2019 version has a better ergonomic and the dropper lever is better positioned


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  73. #373
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    How are riders finding those flouro SID forks on the 2019 Spark WC?
    Do you feel they stick and not plush on rebound? Has anyone experienced the fork doesn't fully extend after rebound with no weight on the bike? Is there an issue with air equalizing in the debonair air chamber? Fork is a bit heavy and not as smooth (plush) as fox I have been advised. Advice, feedback from own experience appreciated.

    How many tokens inside air chamber as standard? What is recommended for better feel considering riding style and riders weight?

  74. #374
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Racelight View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I have ordered a Spark RC WC Frame kit and a Spark RC Contessa for my wife at first of september and i was told the following delivery dates:
    Contessa @ 17.01.2019
    Frame Kit @ 08.02.2019

    So, pretty hard to wait that long ;-)
    Delivery date of the Contessa RC postponed to February as well, but not even guaranteed.

  75. #375
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    How are riders finding those flouro SID forks on the 2019 Spark WC?
    Do you feel they stick and not plush on rebound? Has anyone experienced the fork doesn't fully extend after rebound with no weight on the bike? Is there an issue with air equalizing in the debonair air chamber? Fork is a bit heavy and not as smooth (plush) as fox I have been advised. Advice, feedback from own experience appreciated.
    I had been riding Giant Anthem with foxes for 5 years, then i had HT(Superfly 2015) with sid for another 3 years, Sid felt hard comparing to plushy foxes but it wasn't bad for racing. New SID i found totally different than previous one. Much more fox a like but still not that plushy. But from my point of view its totally different suspension than older SID's. I noticed it right away and after few rides were like "wtf it cant be SID", then i started to dig into and found that its changed a lot.

    2. didnt notice so far
    3. didnt notice so far
    4. I'd say its not as smooth plush as Fox *yet*, but improvement is so huge that I'd say its closer to fox feeling than old SID feeling.

  76. #376
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11
    hi i m new on scott bike and i ve a question. what is the difference in terms of weight between spark rc hmx and hmf frame?

  77. #377
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by campa85 View Post
    hi i m new on scott bike and i ve a question. what is the difference in terms of weight between spark rc hmx and hmf frame?
    Here is a image I attached that shows difference between the frames, keep in mind this is from 2017 but I imagine not much has changed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-2017-scott-spark-frame-weight-comparisons.gif  


  78. #378
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11
    many thanks but i m curious to see pictures on scale.. for me 400g of difference seems too mutch

  79. #379
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by campa85 View Post
    many thanks but i m curious to see pictures on scale.. for me 400g of difference seems too mutch
    Agree'd, Luckily I got myself a HMX frame

    Maybe for the Scott Spark RC the difference might not be so much between HMX and HMF like the regular Scott Spark but who knows really

  80. #380
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    246
    Mid Jan now - the bike I ordered in August is still not avail. XTR equipped spark 900. I think I might bail in a few weeks if still not avail... getting silly. Sounds like it is not Scotts fault (rather a supplier issue) - but zero communication from dealer or Scott in the past few months does not seem ok. I'll consider 2020 model.

  81. #381
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    14
    Kate Courtney Spark RC with rockshox rlc3 rear shock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-sparkrs.jpg  


  82. #382
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11
    Also here in italy i have not seen a spark rc pro 2019 in the shop yet.. will the spark in the 2020 re designer or will remain the same project changing only colours?

  83. #383
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    There is an explanation on the Shimano website about their factory fire earlier last year in Japan. The dealers should be mentioning this as why the XTR bikes have not been delivered yet. It seems same issue for all bike brands. Perhaps select a different model if it suits you but really Scott could have managed the altered spec from XTR earlier to something like Sram XO if there was adequate supply. Note some countries don't even have the Pro in their range. Unfortunately these days with non-universal standard interface it makes it had. Such as the need to change free body from micro spline to XD and BB from Shimano to SRAM DUB and probably the rear mech hanger, etc...

  84. #384
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2
    Hmm... perhaps I should have read the tail end of this thread, regarding production delays at Shimano, earlier. I've just put my name down on a Spark 900 SL with an Australian landing date of March 20. I may have to brace for disappointment!

  85. #385
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    14
    Can anyone tell me what is the stack height of the syncros xr 1.5 (2.0) stem?

  86. #386
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,199
    38mm

  87. #387
    mtbr member
    Reputation: solarplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,459
    Looks like they pulled the silverton SL wheelset too.

    As far as xtr the hubs are canceled for now and the crank. They made a 910 crank thats the old hallowtech in black that says shimano but the new single ring mount and tooth profile.

    Shimano is saying the xtr underpower shifting wont work with anyone elses ring so they are not suggesting mfgs put raceface ones on to compensate i guess. Could be BS.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

  88. #388
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdv5789 View Post
    I guess the weight is between the 1501 and 1825 models. I say this because the 2018 Spark RC World Cup came with the 1825 and the weight is exactly between the 1501 and 1700 models. To me the 1675 suits better the price range of the World Cup but still its a pretty heavy XC wheelset. The least they can do is to include the 1501 for the World Cup. Im not happy with mine since the 1825 came at 1,696 grams. I ended up upgrading to a custom carbon wheelset that came at 1,240 grams.

    Weights according to DTSwiss specs for 29er Boost SRAM XD version are:

    X1501- 1,600 g

    X1675- I guess this will be approximately 1,650 g. I don't think they will make a wheelset lighter than the 1501 like it happened for the 1825 which came out lighter than the 1700. I wouldn't be surprised if its a bit lighter than the X1501 but definitely they will not include a 240 hub. Even though the 1825 came lighter than the 1700 they still included the junk 370 hub which I hate.

    X1825- 1,696 g (they some how build a lighter wheel than the 1700 but with the cheap 370 hub)

    X1700- 1,776 g

    X1900- 1,860 g
    Just weighed the DT Swiss X1675 on a new Scale WC. The wheelset is 1650grams. Thought ya'll would like to know

  89. #389
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    already seen picture picture scale... 1719, if you could please post yours, 70g difference is hard to believe

  90. #390
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4
    For all of those waiting on the RC Pro like myself, word from Scott is they will be shipping out 3/25. Been waiting since October for my order, whatís another 50 days...uggg! Probably mid April more likely! I hope the new Xtr will be worth it.

  91. #391
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by COSingleSpeeder View Post
    Just weighed the DT Swiss X1675 on a new Scale WC. The wheelset is 1650grams. Thought ya'll would like to know
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post
    already seen picture picture scale... 1719, if you could please post yours, 70g difference is hard to believe
    I come out with 1750g for the wheelset. I measured the front with rim tape and rotor, the rear with rim tape, rotor, and cassette. I plan on taking the other parts off but I had to order a new chain whip for the 12 speed cassette. SRAM's stated weights for the rotors are 125g (180mm) and 120g (160mm). The weight of the 1295 Cassette is 354g (mtbr). This is a brand new bike, so no valve stems or gunk from sealant on the rims.


    Front Wheel 959g - 125g (rotor) = 834g w/tape


    Rear Wheel 1390g - 120g (rotor) - 354g (cassette) = 916g w/ tape




    If you're interested in other weights, here are some additional;

    The seat is surprisingly heavy @ 250g


    Seat Post


    Rekon Race #1


    Rekon Race #2


    Handlebars


    Hope that helps,

    steven
    Last edited by stom_m3; 1 Week Ago at 10:41 AM. Reason: added bar pic

  92. #392
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    in first post you mentioned wheels are 1650

    awesome pics and info, thank you.

    I have Ikon tyres in mine. I should get new wheels in two weeks + new tyres. Grips and saddle will be replaced as well. I expect to go slightly below 10.2kg
    Last edited by jarek84; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:56 AM.

  93. #393
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    364
    More weights;

    SRAM 1295 Cassette 356g


    Rear Wheel w/ rotor, tape = 1034grams


    SRAM XX1 170mm cranks 412g


    SRAM Crank Boots 12g


    XTR PD9000 pedals 308g



    steven

  94. #394
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Can anyone provide more detail on the hubs used on the 1675 wheelset ,2019 WC Spark? They don't look like DT swiss although the rims are. Could they still have the DT 350 internals? Any pics of the star ratchet?

  95. #395
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13
    its stated on scotts webpage there is ratchet, those are like 350 hubs

  96. #396
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post
    its stated on scotts webpage there is ratchet, those are like 350 hubs
    Where are you seeing these are like 350 hubs? They look more like Sram ROAM 30 hubs but who knows what is inside? Have not pulled any apart.

    The Ratchet system could be referring to the Rear skewer tightening mech.

    The specifications for this wheelset only say:
    DT Swiss X1675 Spline CL
    F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm Boost
    25mm Tubeless ready rim / 28H / XD
    Ratchet System & RWS w/Removable Lever with Tool

  97. #397
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    Can anyone provide more detail on the hubs used on the 1675 wheelset ,2019 WC Spark? They don't look like DT swiss although the rims are. Could they still have the DT 350 internals? Any pics of the star ratchet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post
    its stated on scotts webpage there is ratchet, those are like 350 hubs

    Indeed it is a DT Ratchet system.


  98. #398
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    54
    Thanks for the great image on the rear hub!

  99. #399
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    246
    RE: XTR Fiasco.... I read an article on PinkBike - in the interview with a Shimano employee - the employee suggests that consumers and OEM's should NOT run a non Shimano crank/chainring with their chain, etc... Yet I see Scott has not spec'd their high end XTR bikes with a RaceFace crank. Not sure how that is going to work. What a mess for both Scott and consumers. I cancelled my pre-order placed in August... will revisit this for the 2020 model year.

  100. #400
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    I think this may be a custom RaceFace crank, re-designed in such a way that it works with the XTR chain. Canyon changed from XTR to RaceFace as well, and if you have a look at the specs of their XTR Lux model, you will see RaceFace Next SL G5. The current generation of RF Next SL is G4. I am still hoping to get my RC 900 Pro soon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Masters Marathon Nationals Location
    By kosmo in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 02:31 PM
  2. Replies: 193
    Last Post: 09-01-2018, 10:41 PM
  3. 2019 yeti 5.5
    By jbob27 in forum Yeti
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-08-2018, 04:23 AM
  4. New 2019 Yeti XC
    By EPICYZ in forum Yeti
    Replies: 724
    Last Post: 06-30-2018, 09:30 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:59 AM

Members who have read this thread: 492

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.