2019 Scott bikes? - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 401 to 482 of 482
  1. #401
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,210
    Nothing 'special' for XTR except that the Race Face G5 was originally scheduled for 2020, but was advanced due to demand.

  2. #402
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7
    Still waiting... ordered mine last 16th july. In Spain Scott says that in March they going to start to deliver the XTR affected models but stores are telling now that they expect them in April. This is incredible.

  3. #403
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Find out how soon you can have a Scott Spark frame-set delivered and fit your own group set and wheels of choice. Perhaps you would like it with wireless SRAM XX1. I hear even a dropper seat post option shall be wireless.

    From What I can tell only available as 900 RC WC or 900 RC SL.

  4. #404
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    i m 177cm height and i Think that my size of spark wc will be M. but i have a dubt regard the handlebar and stem integrated.. probably the stock measure of the fraiser is for smallest people.. some help from who have a wc 2019?

  5. #405
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,210
    I'm 1m77.5, saddle height 74.6cm and ride a medium Spark 900 RC World Cup N1no 2019 with the included integrated handlebar / stem. Fits perfect.

  6. #406
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    17
    im 1.81, riding M rc900 wc 2019, its great!

    was riding two days before buying on M and L and as much as i wanted L felt 10x better on M.

  7. #407
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Its more dependent on your torso length and arm reach than your height. I rode a M and was always squashed so a L felt perfect. Particularly now days when the stem length has reduced and the head tube angle relaxed. I believe somewhere in this thread it mentions the L has a virtual 80mm stem and M 70mm stem. I originally thought the one piece frazer bars were a ridiculous idea due to the inflexibility of stem length change but after riding they are Sweet! Just an expensive solution to change out.
    Last edited by bicycleman1; 03-05-2019 at 07:24 PM.

  8. #408
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Racelight View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I have ordered a Spark RC WC Frame kit and a Spark RC Contessa for my wife at first of september and i was told the following delivery dates:
    Contessa @ 17.01.2019
    Frame Kit @ 08.02.2019

    So, pretty hard to wait that long ;-)
    News!!
    The Contessa was delivered this morning and just 6 months have past since i have ordered...
    Anyway, Happy wife --> Happy life
    Nevertheless, it's a small dawn of hope since i haven't heard anything about my N1NO Frame Kit yet.
    Considering to buy a car next time due to less delivery time :-/

  9. #409
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    on the spark rc wc 2019 size m how are the original measure of the standard fraiser? how is the real lenght?

  10. #410
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by campa85 View Post
    on the spark rc wc 2019 size m how are the original measure of the standard fraiser? how is the real lenght?
    End- to end is 72.5cm

    2019 Scott bikes?-20190307_182414.jpg

  11. #411
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    sorry the real lengh of the stem

  12. #412
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    263
    I started this thread almost a year ago seeking info on 2019 models - sadly those 2019 bikes are still not available... soon it will be time to think about 2020 Scott bikes. Hopefully XTR cranks are ready by then.

  13. #413
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by campa85 View Post
    sorry the real lengh of the stem
    So what I did is placed a Syncross flat bar over the top of the frazer bar where the grips go and measured from its center where a traditional stem clamps back to the center of the steer clamp on the frazer bars. For a L it was approx 85mm which is about right for the virtual spec.

  14. #414
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    I started this thread almost a year ago seeking info on 2019 models - sadly those 2019 bikes are still not available... soon it will be time to think about 2020 Scott bikes. Hopefully XTR cranks are ready by then.
    Shimano really needs to get their act together. Seems they are always scrambling to keep up with the innovation coming from SRAM. Thank goodness for SRAM coming out with new and exciting products otherwise we'd still be using 2x10 drivetrains on our mountain bikes.

  15. #415
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by campa85 View Post
    sorry the real lengh of the stem
    for M its equal to 70cm.

    I think my spark is ready for race, last changes were:

    1. wheels (custom -> DT350 straight pull with 36T ratchet hubs, CX RAY spokes, Carbon rims 25mm internal). Reason is that standard wheelset is 1750g. This set is just below 1300g.

    I also decided to change tires, I left IKON's with old wheelset while for new bought new schwalbe combo (ray front, ralph rear - 2.25). Btw real weight of those in my case is 649g.

    2. Saddle - bike was equipped with narrow saddle, other than that it was perfectly fine but I had to change it. Priority was comfort/fit. I went for Fabric saddle -> Scoop Pro Shallow.

    3. Grips - bike was equipped with nice syncros grips, I had nothing against them at all but from practical point of view yellow grips are nightmare - were really hard to clean. Changed them to Esi chunky.







    Didnt weight whole bike yet but i expect it to be somewhere around 10.1-10.2kg ready to ride as in pictures.

  16. #416
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post

    I also decided to change tires, I left IKON's with old wheelset while for new bought new schwalbe combo (ray front, ralph rear - 2.25). Btw real weight of those in my case is 649g.
    I'm curious how the ray front/ralph rear compare to the Ikon's in speed/grip?

  17. #417
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
    I'm curious how the ray front/ralph rear compare to the Ikon's in speed/grip?
    Today had first longer ride, a lot of single tracks. In general i think IKON's are great, very fast and had no issues with grip. When I was riding in wet autumn sometimes rear slipped but I'm not sure if any tyre wouldnt in those conditions.

    Schwalbe combo felt great as well today, what i noticed is that they are soft comparing to bontragers xr1/2 or IKON's. Felt way more plastic with the same bar's (1.6 front, 2.0 rear). Grip was good, didnt experience anything that would hit me, hard to compare tbh


  18. #418
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Ikons are ok for training. I can't believe how well the Aspens grip however for race days on carbon rims with DT 240's. Bike also lost about 450g. Went the ESI chunky also. One point to note is the forks from the OE supply were not great, after a service and a token addition, they behave much better. Still not as smooth as Fox however. Also replaced brakes with XT as Sram just doesn't cut it for me on in the braking dept. I'm hoping the Shimano 12 speed will be as good or more cost effective than SRAM eagle.

  19. #419
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Can anyone help with this please;
    I'm after a headset spacer for the Fraser bars on the 900RC WC. The ones on the bike are 10mm thick but am after the same Syncros type 5mm thick or 3mm thick. Do they exist?
    edit..Just noticed them on an image as attached but do they come with the bike?

    Reason is bars lowered and steerer cut. Prefer to expose 2mm of steerer above the carbon fraser bar clamp. Also wish to place the OE garmin mount on top.

    Note: the fraser spacers are a bit larger than other Syncros spacers so the ones off the aluminium stems are different.

    On a similar topic, has Scott released a stronger garmin syncros mount yet for the fraser bars? The plastic OE one seems a bit weak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-syncros-fraser-spacers.jpg  

    Last edited by bicycleman1; 03-12-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: found pic

  20. #420
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    Bike shop said my rc pro shipped from Scott and I will have it next week. Iíll believe it when I see it...

  21. #421
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,210
    I have an alumunium Syncros mount. Willing to trade for your plastic one if it's still new.

    I also have spare 3, 5 & 10mm Syncros spacer from a Fraser SL handlebar.

  22. #422
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster1978 View Post
    Bike shop said my rc pro shipped from Scott and I will have it next week. Iíll believe it when I see it...
    Any news? My bike shop said that I will have it next week...

  23. #423
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    112
    Got my WC few weeks back, was sure i change Rekon Race to Aspens, but the Aspens i bought are about 675g, and Rekon races weighted 715g, only 40g difference per tyre and considering Rekons are 2.35 not 2.25 like aspens, i think i'll stick to Rekons!

    Although it's tempting to buy some tyre in the 500g range

  24. #424
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikzz View Post
    Got my WC few weeks back, was sure i change Rekon Race to Aspens, but the Aspens i bought are about 675g, and Rekon races weighted 715g, only 40g difference per tyre and considering Rekons are 2.35 not 2.25 like aspens, i think i'll stick to Rekons!

    Although it's tempting to buy some tyre in the 500g range
    Yup same here. I'm running the Aspens on my Epic and the Rekon Race on the RC WC. That said, Specialized makes very light tires. I'm ok with the Fast Tracks on SoCal hard pack stuff. The only tire I would not buy again is the Thunderburts. I got them on special for $20 (75% off). Even at that discount, I would not purchase them again.








  25. #425
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    bike arrived yesterday. worth the wait. hope you get yours soon...

  26. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster1978 View Post
    bike arrived yesterday. worth the wait. hope you get yours soon...
    Pics?

  27. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster1978 View Post
    bike arrived yesterday. worth the wait. hope you get yours soon...
    Size and weight? Particularly interested in the whelset model and weight. Thanks.

  28. #428
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_horse View Post
    Size and weight? Particularly interested in the whelset model and weight. Thanks.
    Per DT Swiss website they should be 1800g. I just replaced mine with EIE carbon wheels at 1297g/set (measured). I have about 50 miles on them and they feel great so far. I posted pics on my thread if interested in seeing.

  29. #429
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
    Per DT Swiss website they should be 1800g. I just replaced mine with EIE carbon wheels at 1297g/set (measured). I have about 50 miles on them and they feel great so far. I posted pics on my thread if interested in seeing.
    Thanks. Was was hoping for a measured weight, as it's hard to fathom such a weighty wheelset on this high-end model. #ForcedUpgrade

    I've been researching a replacement set, as you've done, but in the continuing wait for delivery, I'm just searching for actual data of the supplied wheels.

  30. #430
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_horse View Post
    Thanks. Was was hoping for a measured weight, as it's hard to fathom such a weighty wheelset on this high-end model. #ForcedUpgrade
    Actually that's one thing I was glad Scott did to keep costs down. The Pro comes with XTR, SID, and various CF bits for $4,750. Seems like the deal of a century compared to what else you can get at that price point. That said, I'm used to buying over-priced Specialized bikes. The XTR Specialized Epic is $10,400. Granted with some other higher end components but surely not $6000 more.

    Anyway, see post #391. I weighed my DT Swiss X1675 from my 2019 RC 900 WC. They came in at 1750g and should be a small upgrade to the versions on the Pro (X1700). The DT Swiss X1700 is DT's standard offering. The F = 833g, R = 952g. Most likely the only difference between the X1675 and X1700 are the spokes. You can get a 1300g CF wheelset for $1k. Seems like you would have a sweet build just swapping out the wheels and dropping over a pound. You notice the acceleration difference in every pedal stroke.

    When you do get it, I would be curious what rear shock pressures your running. I'm running 210psi (rider weight + 45psi). Seems like a lot to get 22% sag setting.

  31. #431
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
    Actually that's one thing I was glad Scott did to keep costs down. The Pro comes with XTR, SID, and various CF bits for $4,750. Seems like the deal of a century compared to what else you can get at that price point. That said, I'm used to buying over-priced Specialized bikes. The XTR Specialized Epic is $10,400. Granted with some other higher end components but surely not $6000 more.

    Anyway, see post #391. I weighed my DT Swiss X1675 from my 2019 RC 900 WC. They came in at 1750g and should be a small upgrade to the versions on the Pro (X1700). The DT Swiss X1700 is DT's standard offering. The F = 833g, R = 952g. Most likely the only difference between the X1675 and X1700 are the spokes. You can get a 1300g CF wheelset for $1k. Seems like you would have a sweet build just swapping out the wheels and dropping over a pound. You notice the acceleration difference in every pedal stroke.

    When you do get it, I would be curious what rear shock pressures your running. I'm running 210psi (rider weight + 45psi). Seems like a lot to get 22% sag setting.
    Granted... the one-piece carbon Silverton wheelset was an expensive addition and not an overly practical one for my style of riding (stick through wheel?), so happy about the price drop.

    My XR1.5 wheelset came from my 2017 Spark 900 Premium, in at 1550g (F 733/R817), so I was hoping for that weight or less, on the SL model. <sigh>

    My (Australian) Jan order had a late March delivery but is now late April (fingers crossed!)

  32. #432
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    Here are some pictures of the new Scott RC Pro. Included some pics of wheelset with tire and tubes still on minus cassette and rotors...Changed wheelset right away to dt swiss xrc 1200 and saved almost 3 lbs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-sc1.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc2.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc3.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc4.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc5.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc6.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc7.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc8.jpg  


  33. #433
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    image of front wheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-sc9.jpg  


  34. #434
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    Can you check the length of the crank spindle on your Race Face? I am still waiting for my RC PRO, and plan to put a Stages power meter on it. The old Race Face Next SL was compatible with the Stages 134 mm spindle. I am wondering if this is still the same, or perhaps something has changed with this crank.

  35. #435
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    here is the complete bike weight with no pedals, xrc wheelset, large frame...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-sc10.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-sc11.jpg  


  36. #436
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Just ordered a Pro last week. Delivery is expected at the beginning of June. Should have gone for the WC

  37. #437
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by arek_MTB View Post
    Can you check the length of the crank spindle on your Race Face? I am still waiting for my RC PRO, and plan to put a Stages power meter on it. The old Race Face Next SL was compatible with the Stages 134 mm spindle. I am wondering if this is still the same, or perhaps something has changed with this crank.
    I'm not trusting RC with their cranks and plan to get a Quarq XX1 which will work with Shimano 12 speed cassette and derailleur if a Sram chain is used.

  38. #438
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    In the meantime my RC PRO arrived and it seems that the Stages 134 mm spindle will be ok. By the way, where did you find the information that a Sram chain and Shimano 12 speed casette are fully compatible?

  39. #439
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    43
    I actually run a sram chain on my shimano drive chain 2017 Scott spark 710 plus. It doesn't jump when back pedaling as much as the original did. And shifts better. I learned this from this video. https://youtu.be/H6bvQha4FPk

  40. #440
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    With 12-speed drivetrains it might be different. For example on the Race Face webpage you can read the following for one of their crank chainrings:
    Compatible for 9, 10, 11 and 12 speed (Excluding Shimano 12-speed chains).

  41. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Is it almost time to start the Scott 2020 thread?

  42. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by arek_MTB View Post
    In the meantime my RC PRO arrived and it seems that the Stages 134 mm spindle will be ok. By the way, where did you find the information that a Sram chain and Shimano 12 speed casette are fully compatible?
    First thereís this guy running xtr shifter and derailleur with sram gx cassette and chain
    https://youtu.be/g4l_O1qtJ8I

    And then i asked a bunch of chainring manufacturers about a shimano chain compatible chainring. None had one available, but absolute black guys told me that shimano chain is proprietary built to run with the shimano chainring, but that the sram chain has no issues running with shimano cassette and derailleur.

    As for not trusting raceface... have a look here

    https://youtu.be/poX9Bj6e98k
    Last edited by Smokanci; 04-10-2019 at 10:12 PM.

  43. #443
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Thanks the XTR 1x12 rear mech and front shifter is a great upgrade without the excessive cost of XX1 or X0 eagle. Personally I much prefer shimano shifters to SRAM but still appreciate the SRAM cassettes. Hopefully this could drive down the excessive cost of SRAM. With SRAM DUB around, this could be the tipping point of Shimano rise once they get the production out there.

    With the Shimano Shifter, can it shift say 3 cogs at a time up gear when you hold the trigger in? This is one area that puts me off SRAM shifter that it can only index up 1 cog at a time. Eventually RSI in thumb.

  44. #444
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8
    I have got my Spark 900 Ultimate with the Silverton 1.0 CL wheels. And the wheels weight 1890 grams Anyone else has theese Silverton 1.0 CL wheels ? My plan was to do racing with theese wheels

  45. #445
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by superjon View Post
    I have got my Spark 900 Ultimate with the Silverton 1.0 CL wheels. And the wheels weight 1890 grams Anyone else has theese Silverton 1.0 CL wheels ? My plan was to do racing with theese wheels
    Wow, that's heavy. My DT Swiss X1675's that came with my RC WC were 1750g. I swapped them out for EIE Carbon and DT240's which came in at 1297g. I posted pics earlier in this thread.

  46. #446
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Now I have a friend who busted his carbon wheel and the only option was his brother's wheel with Eagle cassette on it. It ran just fine with his XTR derailleur.

  47. #447
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    21
    So syncros fraser bar lenght 720/80 on Large and 720/70 Medium ? Is it the same lenght on a spark nino frame?

  48. #448
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madskatingcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,210
    Yes, it is

  49. #449
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    263
    For those that have the new XTR 12 speed - how is the RaceFrace Crank and chainring (substituted in due to XTR crank production issues) working out with that 12 speed shimano chain? Seems there has been some controversy about non shimano chainrings and the 12 speed chain. thx

  50. #450
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    For those that have the new XTR 12 speed - how is the RaceFrace Crank and chainring (substituted in due to XTR crank production issues) working out with that 12 speed shimano chain? Seems there has been some controversy about non shimano chainrings and the 12 speed chain. thx
    Only 150 km so far, but I can say they work very well. You might have problems if you use regular chainrings, but the one you can find on the Spark RC Pro Race Face crank is optimized to work with Shimano 12-speed chain.

  51. #451
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    263
    Its been a LONG wait - but looks like the XTR equipped bikes are in now shipping out to dealers in the USA.

  52. #452
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    I actually had a set of Nextie's built up for me, the 25mm internal ultralight 310g ones, with dt 240 hubs and cx-ray spokes 28 Hole, they are under 1300g

    So far I like them a lot and no problems but only have about 10 rides on them so far
    I have had my Spark Premium 900 for about a week - one obvious upgrade is the wheels - these Nextie / DT 240 look like a great upgrade. I want the bike to feel a little more XC'ish then plush trail bike. But still be a little more capable than a pure steep xc bike.

  53. #453
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    I have had my Spark Premium 900 for about a week - one obvious upgrade is the wheels - these Nextie / DT 240 look like a great upgrade. I want the bike to feel a little more XC'ish then plush trail bike. But still be a little more capable than a pure steep xc bike.
    Hi, I don't know what necktie are like but I just got my 2019 Scott spark 900 rc sl. It was supposed to come with the syncros 1 peice carbon wheels but they got shelved so it came with some fairly beefy wheels. I got a discount and used the money to buy some light bicycle rekon pro wheels dt 240 hubs. Life time warranty and crash replacement program. 25mm internal 1350g . Did my first race on the weekend, 5 hr xc marathon national point score up for grabs, a serious race super technical rocky as hell and muddy red clay for a few hours. Multiple rock strikes on outer rim and a high speed rear rim strike and the wheels survived unscathed bar a few grazes on the external rim. The outside shell is tough similar finish to the enve m50s I have been on for 5 years on my last bike.

  54. #454
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4
    2019 Scott bikes?-received_420669405392075.jpg

  55. #455
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10
    My 3 month wait is finally over! 2019 Spark 900 RC SL is in the garage. As expected the wheels come in at 1750g, so I'll be replacing them with a set from EIE, that should shave off approx. 450g. The Recon Race tyres came in at 705 and 713g and the tubes at 181 and 185g, but they'll go when I fit the tubeless valves. I should get a further 400g saving with a tyre swap.

    The bike itself (Large size) minus pedal but including tubes came in at 10.07kg on the bike shop scales, so hoping for a 9.3kg finished weight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194337.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194812.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194907.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_195149.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_195256.jpg  

    2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194230.jpg  


  56. #456
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    So, does the Pro model still comes with the raceface one use crank? I though all the wait was because they wanted Shimano to restart XTR crank production.

  57. #457
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10
    I'm not across the exact timing for the re-start of XTR cranks, but I can confirm that my SPARK 900 RC SL ordered in late Jan 2019 came with Race Face Next SL cranks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokanci View Post
    So, does the Pro model still comes with the raceface one use crank? I though all the wait was because they wanted Shimano to restart XTR crank production.

  58. #458
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_horse View Post
    My 3 month wait is finally over! 2019 Spark 900 RC SL is in the garage. As expected the wheels come in at 1750g, so I'll be replacing them with a set from EIE, that should shave off approx. 450g. The Recon Race tyres came in at 705 and 713g and the tubes at 181 and 185g, but they'll go when I fit the tubeless valves. I should get a further 400g saving with a tyre swap.

    The bike itself (Large size) minus pedal but including tubes came in at 10.07kg on the bike shop scales, so hoping for a 9.3kg finished weight.
    What tires will you switch to? Eie rims - what about hubs? I am having a set of nextie's built with Dt240s for my Spark 900

  59. #459
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smartyiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    523
    Yesterday I demoíd a Spark (non-rc). I really liked it...BUT...

    Do you get used to all the stuff on the bars? First time I looked down I thought: thatís a lot of cables! As I was riding, I found I was looking for the dropper and hit the lock out...or hit the dropper by mistake....I was constantly lookin down bc I thought I would hit the wrong button...it became annoying and frustrating.

    But I really liked the 85/120 option for where I live...almost all my climbs were in middle setting with the downs mostly in 120...but mellower one I left in 85.

    So, if I got one, would I get used to all that clutter?

  60. #460
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MI-XC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Yesterday I demoíd a Spark (non-rc). I really liked it...BUT...

    Do you get used to all the stuff on the bars? First time I looked down I thought: thatís a lot of cables! As I was riding, I found I was looking for the dropper and hit the lock out...or hit the dropper by mistake....I was constantly lookin down bc I thought I would hit the wrong button...it became annoying and frustrating.

    But I really liked the 85/120 option for where I live...almost all my climbs were in middle setting with the downs mostly in 120...but mellower one I left in 85.

    So, if I got one, would I get used to all that clutter?
    Lol, yeah itís a bit much if thatís new to you. For sure you get used to it and your thumb will soon find the correct levers without any thought. I race XCO and Iím constantly hitting the lockouts and dropper and itís second nature. I also took my XC race bike out to Colorado down plenty of black diamond/expert trails and I was alway dropping the seat and fully open on the lockouts without hesitation. Like anything, get out to the trails and get plenty of practice in and itís a non-issue.

  61. #461
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Lbs told me my Spark RC Pro is coming this week. Anyone had issues with the raceface carbon cranks yet?

  62. #462
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4
    No issues with my rf cranks and I had the next sl on my last bike no issue

  63. #463
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13

  64. #464
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Another question, any of you use downtube protectors? Where I ride, there's often rocks flying into it and with a frame this expensive, I'm worried about this issue.

  65. #465
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4
    I had my lbs use a 3m type protection tape , they did %95 of frame and fork as well . It definitely added some weight but now I have the confidence to ride it hard drop wash it ,and not be as worried about rock strikes . I got the sl and with pedals syncros cage Garmin mount ,lb wheels, schwalbe snake skin Ron and ralf and a p2max ng eco pm (179g) it still only comes to 9.89kg. I put some expedo to pedals on 215 g

  66. #466
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    43
    Look up invisiframe. Full coverage of bike with 3m film. It's a bit fiddly and time consuming to install but worth it. I've done 4 bikes. Company is great to work with very helpful.

  67. #467
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Iíve put invisiframe on my girlfriends bike. That film will not help at all for the rocks that iíve had flying into my downtube in the past. I was looking for something much thicker and made of rubber. Iíve seen aluminum frames dented here before.

  68. #468
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    43
    wow i have crashed on rocks and the film has torn but my carbon frame did not get scratched. I have used extra film pieces to re-cover the torn film. I guess depends on the situation, speed and type of rock flying up at the down tube. You could just get 3m car film which is much thicker and make a strip for the bottom of the down tube. Thats is designed for much faster speeds and higher impact.

  69. #469
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Itís the kind of impact that makes such a loud sound you immediately get of the bike and wonder how the hell is it still in one piece. Large rocks with pointy corners. I was thinking something like the scott ransom has on it.

    https://cdn.shoplightspeed.com/shops/609157/files/12650307/800x700x2/scott-usa-ransom-900-tuned.jpg

  70. #470
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    43
    Ok yea if it's that kind of impacts. Car film will be best. Even if you used ivisiframe to cover the whole frame and add car film to down time for more protection.

  71. #471
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    The Nextie wheels are great value especially with DT hubs and can come in at 1350g but the importers have their own range now after much R&D and worth a look. I think they come from that place that has kangaroos. They call them Blackcrow carbon and you can select rims and hubs like Nextie. Worth a look. Anyone tried them?
    https://www.blackcrowcarbon.com/

  72. #472
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    263
    My Spark 900 Premium (non-RC) came with Maxis Recon 2.4 tires. I wanted a slightly more relaxed / trail bike - but I cant shed my XC roots. So I am really digging the grip after all of these years riding small nob XC race tires. However, these heavy tires on the heavy wheels - sort of accelerate like my fat bike. Its all relative - I am a light rider who is used to 1300 gram wheels. Can anyone recommend a slightly lighter, faster rolling tire that still offers decent volume and grip (a step toward XC from the trail focused Rekons). If I go to 2.2's I think that will be too narrow and I'll lose some of the confidence this bike has over my race whippet. Also, I think I would start getting a lot of pedal strikes. BB is already low and strikes are a bit of a concern.
    Just doing a little 'new bike' customizing... I think I can get the bike to be a little more perky but still offer the more casual ride of a non XC race bike.
    thanks !

  73. #473
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    114

    Demo Ride 2019 Scott Spark 920

    Got to demo ride the 2019 Scott Spark 920 the other day.

    2019 Scott bikes?-yt-thumb-spark-920-2019.jpg

    Here is the a video of the demo:

    https://youtu.be/8g9WWhUln3s

    Cool bike.

    Like the thumb shifter 2-level lockout (120-80-0). Bike I rode did not have twin lock out (only rear lock).

    Did have problems with climbing pedal bob in open (120 rear).

    While bobbing, the chain slipped on rear cassette multiple times. Frustrating.

    Might have just been fast set up, but if you are considering this bike, be sure to demo/test ride.

  74. #474
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    I like the Maxxis Aspen 29 x 2.25 tyres and the Ikon tyres. The recon race are just Recons with less than 50% tread.

  75. #475
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Has anyone heard of wireless fork and shock lock out? I know there are already wireless dropper seat posts.

  76. #476
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    21
    I finally assembled my spark 10,7 kg with little protection on downtube and chainstay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-scottsparknino.jpg  


  77. #477
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    What tires will you switch to? Eie rims - what about hubs? I am having a set of nextie's built with Dt240s for my Spark 900
    I'm starting with a pair of MAXXIS ASPEN 29x2.25 EVO TR 120TPI. They weight in at 663g and 673g on my scales.
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_171733.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_171739.jpg

    I'm running MAXXIS BEAVERS 29x2.0 578g on my other Spark. Although they're mud tyres, the knobs are low and the roll really well.
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_172435.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_172441.jpg

    The EIE wheels are using DT240s CL Boost hubs with Microspline freehub body and I ordered a Shimano 11spd freehub body too, so I can use them on my older SPARK.
    2019 Scott bikes?-3.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-4.jpg
    Last edited by iron_horse; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:35 PM.

  78. #478
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10
    EIE wheels have arrived. Very happy with the weight @ 1287g for the set (minus rim tape).
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190605_105639.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190605_105606.jpg

  79. #479
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    197

    Scott Spark RC wheel problems

    Just got a 2019 Contessa Spark RC900, 15 minutes into the first ride the freehub destroyed itself.

    It's got Syncros Silverton 2.0 wheels, has anyone got these, and have experience of problems? Are does anyone know what hubs they are? Are they DT Swiss?

  80. #480
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    66
    Looking forward to the Scott Spark 2020 range with more Shimano 12 speed options. Release of Shimano XT and SLX 12 speed drive train should be in a couple of days as mentioned on pinkbike. This should mean some great value bikes. Entry level carbon frame Scott MT bikes could have SLX 7100 12 speed which is awesome value. Should only see Sram NX now on aluminium models hopefully. Love to see some XT models with Fox forks.

  81. #481
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    26
    What tires are coming on the 2019 scales? Nothing listed online

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  82. #482
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesaboy View Post
    What tires are coming on the 2019 scales? Nothing listed online

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The bikes online are pictured with Rekon Race but I know for the Spark RC's they varied between Ikon and Rekon Race. I would assume the same for the Scale.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Masters Marathon Nationals Location
    By kosmo in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 05-15-2019, 02:21 PM
  2. Replies: 193
    Last Post: 09-01-2018, 10:41 PM
  3. 2019 yeti 5.5
    By jbob27 in forum Yeti
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-08-2018, 04:23 AM
  4. New 2019 Yeti XC
    By EPICYZ in forum Yeti
    Replies: 724
    Last Post: 06-30-2018, 09:30 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:59 AM

Members who have read this thread: 367

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.