2019 Scott bikes? - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Nothing 'special' for XTR except that the Race Face G5 was originally scheduled for 2020, but was advanced due to demand.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Still waiting... ordered mine last 16th july. In Spain Scott says that in March they going to start to deliver the XTR affected models but stores are telling now that they expect them in April. This is incredible.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Find out how soon you can have a Scott Spark frame-set delivered and fit your own group set and wheels of choice. Perhaps you would like it with wireless SRAM XX1. I hear even a dropper seat post option shall be wireless.

From What I can tell only available as 900 RC WC or 900 RC SL.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i m 177cm height and i Think that my size of spark wc will be M. but i have a dubt regard the handlebar and stem integrated.. probably the stock measure of the fraiser is for smallest people.. some help from who have a wc 2019?

mtbr member
    I'm 1m77.5, saddle height 74.6cm and ride a medium Spark 900 RC World Cup N1no 2019 with the included integrated handlebar / stem. Fits perfect.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    im 1.81, riding M rc900 wc 2019, its great!

was riding two days before buying on M and L and as much as i wanted L felt 10x better on M.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Its more dependent on your torso length and arm reach than your height. I rode a M and was always squashed so a L felt perfect. Particularly now days when the stem length has reduced and the head tube angle relaxed. I believe somewhere in this thread it mentions the L has a virtual 80mm stem and M 70mm stem. I originally thought the one piece frazer bars were a ridiculous idea due to the inflexibility of stem length change but after riding they are Sweet! Just an expensive solution to change out.
    Last edited by bicycleman1; 03-05-2019 at 07:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Racelight View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have ordered a Spark RC WC Frame kit and a Spark RC Contessa for my wife at first of september and i was told the following delivery dates:
    Contessa @ 17.01.2019
    Frame Kit @ 08.02.2019

So, pretty hard to wait that long ;-)
    News!!
    The Contessa was delivered this morning and just 6 months have past since i have ordered...
    Anyway, Happy wife --> Happy life
    Nevertheless, it's a small dawn of hope since i haven't heard anything about my N1NO Frame Kit yet.
    Considering to buy a car next time due to less delivery time :-/

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    on the spark rc wc 2019 size m how are the original measure of the standard fraiser? how is the real lenght?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by campa85 View Post
    on the spark rc wc 2019 size m how are the original measure of the standard fraiser? how is the real lenght?
    End- to end is 72.5cm

2019 Scott bikes?-20190307_182414.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sorry the real lengh of the stem

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I started this thread almost a year ago seeking info on 2019 models - sadly those 2019 bikes are still not available... soon it will be time to think about 2020 Scott bikes. Hopefully XTR cranks are ready by then.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    So what I did is placed a Syncross flat bar over the top of the frazer bar where the grips go and measured from its center where a traditional stem clamps back to the center of the steer clamp on the frazer bars. For a L it was approx 85mm which is about right for the virtual spec.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    I started this thread almost a year ago seeking info on 2019 models - sadly those 2019 bikes are still not available... soon it will be time to think about 2020 Scott bikes. Hopefully XTR cranks are ready by then.
    Shimano really needs to get their act together. Seems they are always scrambling to keep up with the innovation coming from SRAM. Thank goodness for SRAM coming out with new and exciting products otherwise we'd still be using 2x10 drivetrains on our mountain bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    for M its equal to 70cm.

I think my spark is ready for race, last changes were:

1. wheels (custom -> DT350 straight pull with 36T ratchet hubs, CX RAY spokes, Carbon rims 25mm internal). Reason is that standard wheelset is 1750g. This set is just below 1300g.

I also decided to change tires, I left IKON's with old wheelset while for new bought new schwalbe combo (ray front, ralph rear - 2.25). Btw real weight of those in my case is 649g.

2. Saddle - bike was equipped with narrow saddle, other than that it was perfectly fine but I had to change it. Priority was comfort/fit. I went for Fabric saddle -> Scoop Pro Shallow.

3. Grips - bike was equipped with nice syncros grips, I had nothing against them at all but from practical point of view yellow grips are nightmare - were really hard to clean. Changed them to Esi chunky.

Didnt weight whole bike yet but i expect it to be somewhere around 10.1-10.2kg ready to ride as in pictures.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jarek84 View Post

I also decided to change tires, I left IKON's with old wheelset while for new bought new schwalbe combo (ray front, ralph rear - 2.25). Btw real weight of those in my case is 649g.
    I'm curious how the ray front/ralph rear compare to the Ikon's in speed/grip?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
    I'm curious how the ray front/ralph rear compare to the Ikon's in speed/grip?
    Today had first longer ride, a lot of single tracks. In general i think IKON's are great, very fast and had no issues with grip. When I was riding in wet autumn sometimes rear slipped but I'm not sure if any tyre wouldnt in those conditions.

Schwalbe combo felt great as well today, what i noticed is that they are soft comparing to bontragers xr1/2 or IKON's. Felt way more plastic with the same bar's (1.6 front, 2.0 rear). Grip was good, didnt experience anything that would hit me, hard to compare tbh

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Ikons are ok for training. I can't believe how well the Aspens grip however for race days on carbon rims with DT 240's. Bike also lost about 450g. Went the ESI chunky also. One point to note is the forks from the OE supply were not great, after a service and a token addition, they behave much better. Still not as smooth as Fox however. Also replaced brakes with XT as Sram just doesn't cut it for me on in the braking dept. I'm hoping the Shimano 12 speed will be as good or more cost effective than SRAM eagle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Can anyone help with this please;
    I'm after a headset spacer for the Fraser bars on the 900RC WC. The ones on the bike are 10mm thick but am after the same Syncros type 5mm thick or 3mm thick. Do they exist?
    edit..Just noticed them on an image as attached but do they come with the bike?

Reason is bars lowered and steerer cut. Prefer to expose 2mm of steerer above the carbon fraser bar clamp. Also wish to place the OE garmin mount on top.

Note: the fraser spacers are a bit larger than other Syncros spacers so the ones off the aluminium stems are different.

On a similar topic, has Scott released a stronger garmin syncros mount yet for the fraser bars? The plastic OE one seems a bit weak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-syncros-fraser-spacers.jpg  

Last edited by bicycleman1; 03-12-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: found pic

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Bike shop said my rc pro shipped from Scott and I will have it next week. Iíll believe it when I see it...

mtbr member
    I have an alumunium Syncros mount. Willing to trade for your plastic one if it's still new.

I also have spare 3, 5 & 10mm Syncros spacer from a Fraser SL handlebar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster1978 View Post
    Bike shop said my rc pro shipped from Scott and I will have it next week. Iíll believe it when I see it...
    Any news? My bike shop said that I will have it next week...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Got my WC few weeks back, was sure i change Rekon Race to Aspens, but the Aspens i bought are about 675g, and Rekon races weighted 715g, only 40g difference per tyre and considering Rekons are 2.35 not 2.25 like aspens, i think i'll stick to Rekons!

Although it's tempting to buy some tyre in the 500g range

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikzz View Post
    Got my WC few weeks back, was sure i change Rekon Race to Aspens, but the Aspens i bought are about 675g, and Rekon races weighted 715g, only 40g difference per tyre and considering Rekons are 2.35 not 2.25 like aspens, i think i'll stick to Rekons!

Although it's tempting to buy some tyre in the 500g range
    Yup same here. I'm running the Aspens on my Epic and the Rekon Race on the RC WC. That said, Specialized makes very light tires. I'm ok with the Fast Tracks on SoCal hard pack stuff. The only tire I would not buy again is the Thunderburts. I got them on special for $20 (75% off). Even at that discount, I would not purchase them again.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    bike arrived yesterday. worth the wait. hope you get yours soon...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Pics?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Size and weight? Particularly interested in the whelset model and weight. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_horse View Post
    Size and weight? Particularly interested in the whelset model and weight. Thanks.
    Per DT Swiss website they should be 1800g. I just replaced mine with EIE carbon wheels at 1297g/set (measured). I have about 50 miles on them and they feel great so far. I posted pics on my thread if interested in seeing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
    Per DT Swiss website they should be 1800g. I just replaced mine with EIE carbon wheels at 1297g/set (measured). I have about 50 miles on them and they feel great so far. I posted pics on my thread if interested in seeing.
    Thanks. Was was hoping for a measured weight, as it's hard to fathom such a weighty wheelset on this high-end model. #ForcedUpgrade

I've been researching a replacement set, as you've done, but in the continuing wait for delivery, I'm just searching for actual data of the supplied wheels.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks. Was was hoping for a measured weight, as it's hard to fathom such a weighty wheelset on this high-end model. #ForcedUpgrade
    Actually that's one thing I was glad Scott did to keep costs down. The Pro comes with XTR, SID, and various CF bits for $4,750. Seems like the deal of a century compared to what else you can get at that price point. That said, I'm used to buying over-priced Specialized bikes. The XTR Specialized Epic is $10,400. Granted with some other higher end components but surely not $6000 more.

Anyway, see post #391. I weighed my DT Swiss X1675 from my 2019 RC 900 WC. They came in at 1750g and should be a small upgrade to the versions on the Pro (X1700). The DT Swiss X1700 is DT's standard offering. The F = 833g, R = 952g. Most likely the only difference between the X1675 and X1700 are the spokes. You can get a 1300g CF wheelset for $1k. Seems like you would have a sweet build just swapping out the wheels and dropping over a pound. You notice the acceleration difference in every pedal stroke.

When you do get it, I would be curious what rear shock pressures your running. I'm running 210psi (rider weight + 45psi). Seems like a lot to get 22% sag setting.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Actually that's one thing I was glad Scott did to keep costs down. The Pro comes with XTR, SID, and various CF bits for $4,750. Seems like the deal of a century compared to what else you can get at that price point. That said, I'm used to buying over-priced Specialized bikes. The XTR Specialized Epic is $10,400. Granted with some other higher end components but surely not $6000 more.

Anyway, see post #391. I weighed my DT Swiss X1675 from my 2019 RC 900 WC. They came in at 1750g and should be a small upgrade to the versions on the Pro (X1700). The DT Swiss X1700 is DT's standard offering. The F = 833g, R = 952g. Most likely the only difference between the X1675 and X1700 are the spokes. You can get a 1300g CF wheelset for $1k. Seems like you would have a sweet build just swapping out the wheels and dropping over a pound. You notice the acceleration difference in every pedal stroke.

When you do get it, I would be curious what rear shock pressures your running. I'm running 210psi (rider weight + 45psi). Seems like a lot to get 22% sag setting.
    Granted... the one-piece carbon Silverton wheelset was an expensive addition and not an overly practical one for my style of riding (stick through wheel?), so happy about the price drop.

My XR1.5 wheelset came from my 2017 Spark 900 Premium, in at 1550g (F 733/R817), so I was hoping for that weight or less, on the SL model. <sigh>

My (Australian) Jan order had a late March delivery but is now late April (fingers crossed!)

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Here are some pictures of the new Scott RC Pro. Included some pics of wheelset with tire and tubes still on minus cassette and rotors...Changed wheelset right away to dt swiss xrc 1200 and saved almost 3 lbs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-sc1.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc2.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc3.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc4.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc5.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc6.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc7.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc8.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    image of front wheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-sc9.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Can you check the length of the crank spindle on your Race Face? I am still waiting for my RC PRO, and plan to put a Stages power meter on it. The old Race Face Next SL was compatible with the Stages 134 mm spindle. I am wondering if this is still the same, or perhaps something has changed with this crank.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    here is the complete bike weight with no pedals, xrc wheelset, large frame...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-sc10.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-sc11.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Just ordered a Pro last week. Delivery is expected at the beginning of June. Should have gone for the WC

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by arek_MTB View Post
    Can you check the length of the crank spindle on your Race Face? I am still waiting for my RC PRO, and plan to put a Stages power meter on it. The old Race Face Next SL was compatible with the Stages 134 mm spindle. I am wondering if this is still the same, or perhaps something has changed with this crank.
    I'm not trusting RC with their cranks and plan to get a Quarq XX1 which will work with Shimano 12 speed cassette and derailleur if a Sram chain is used.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    In the meantime my RC PRO arrived and it seems that the Stages 134 mm spindle will be ok. By the way, where did you find the information that a Sram chain and Shimano 12 speed casette are fully compatible?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I actually run a sram chain on my shimano drive chain 2017 Scott spark 710 plus. It doesn't jump when back pedaling as much as the original did. And shifts better. I learned this from this video. https://youtu.be/H6bvQha4FPk

mtbr member
    May 2009
    With 12-speed drivetrains it might be different. For example on the Race Face webpage you can read the following for one of their crank chainrings:
    Compatible for 9, 10, 11 and 12 speed (Excluding Shimano 12-speed chains).

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Is it almost time to start the Scott 2020 thread?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by arek_MTB View Post
    In the meantime my RC PRO arrived and it seems that the Stages 134 mm spindle will be ok. By the way, where did you find the information that a Sram chain and Shimano 12 speed casette are fully compatible?
    First thereís this guy running xtr shifter and derailleur with sram gx cassette and chain
    https://youtu.be/g4l_O1qtJ8I

And then i asked a bunch of chainring manufacturers about a shimano chain compatible chainring. None had one available, but absolute black guys told me that shimano chain is proprietary built to run with the shimano chainring, but that the sram chain has no issues running with shimano cassette and derailleur.

As for not trusting raceface... have a look here

https://youtu.be/poX9Bj6e98k
    Last edited by Smokanci; 04-10-2019 at 10:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Thanks the XTR 1x12 rear mech and front shifter is a great upgrade without the excessive cost of XX1 or X0 eagle. Personally I much prefer shimano shifters to SRAM but still appreciate the SRAM cassettes. Hopefully this could drive down the excessive cost of SRAM. With SRAM DUB around, this could be the tipping point of Shimano rise once they get the production out there.

With the Shimano Shifter, can it shift say 3 cogs at a time up gear when you hold the trigger in? This is one area that puts me off SRAM shifter that it can only index up 1 cog at a time. Eventually RSI in thumb.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I have got my Spark 900 Ultimate with the Silverton 1.0 CL wheels. And the wheels weight 1890 grams Anyone else has theese Silverton 1.0 CL wheels ? My plan was to do racing with theese wheels

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by superjon View Post
    I have got my Spark 900 Ultimate with the Silverton 1.0 CL wheels. And the wheels weight 1890 grams Anyone else has theese Silverton 1.0 CL wheels ? My plan was to do racing with theese wheels
    Wow, that's heavy. My DT Swiss X1675's that came with my RC WC were 1750g. I swapped them out for EIE Carbon and DT240's which came in at 1297g. I posted pics earlier in this thread.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Now I have a friend who busted his carbon wheel and the only option was his brother's wheel with Eagle cassette on it. It ran just fine with his XTR derailleur.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    So syncros fraser bar lenght 720/80 on Large and 720/70 Medium ? Is it the same lenght on a spark nino frame?

mtbr member
    Yes, it is

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    For those that have the new XTR 12 speed - how is the RaceFrace Crank and chainring (substituted in due to XTR crank production issues) working out with that 12 speed shimano chain? Seems there has been some controversy about non shimano chainrings and the 12 speed chain. thx

mtbr member
    May 2009
    For those that have the new XTR 12 speed - how is the RaceFrace Crank and chainring (substituted in due to XTR crank production issues) working out with that 12 speed shimano chain? Seems there has been some controversy about non shimano chainrings and the 12 speed chain. thx
    Only 150 km so far, but I can say they work very well. You might have problems if you use regular chainrings, but the one you can find on the Spark RC Pro Race Face crank is optimized to work with Shimano 12-speed chain.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Its been a LONG wait - but looks like the XTR equipped bikes are in now shipping out to dealers in the USA.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    I actually had a set of Nextie's built up for me, the 25mm internal ultralight 310g ones, with dt 240 hubs and cx-ray spokes 28 Hole, they are under 1300g

So far I like them a lot and no problems but only have about 10 rides on them so far
    I have had my Spark Premium 900 for about a week - one obvious upgrade is the wheels - these Nextie / DT 240 look like a great upgrade. I want the bike to feel a little more XC'ish then plush trail bike. But still be a little more capable than a pure steep xc bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I have had my Spark Premium 900 for about a week - one obvious upgrade is the wheels - these Nextie / DT 240 look like a great upgrade. I want the bike to feel a little more XC'ish then plush trail bike. But still be a little more capable than a pure steep xc bike.
    Hi, I don't know what necktie are like but I just got my 2019 Scott spark 900 rc sl. It was supposed to come with the syncros 1 peice carbon wheels but they got shelved so it came with some fairly beefy wheels. I got a discount and used the money to buy some light bicycle rekon pro wheels dt 240 hubs. Life time warranty and crash replacement program. 25mm internal 1350g . Did my first race on the weekend, 5 hr xc marathon national point score up for grabs, a serious race super technical rocky as hell and muddy red clay for a few hours. Multiple rock strikes on outer rim and a high speed rear rim strike and the wheels survived unscathed bar a few grazes on the external rim. The outside shell is tough similar finish to the enve m50s I have been on for 5 years on my last bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    2019 Scott bikes?-received_420669405392075.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    My 3 month wait is finally over! 2019 Spark 900 RC SL is in the garage. As expected the wheels come in at 1750g, so I'll be replacing them with a set from EIE, that should shave off approx. 450g. The Recon Race tyres came in at 705 and 713g and the tubes at 181 and 185g, but they'll go when I fit the tubeless valves. I should get a further 400g saving with a tyre swap.

The bike itself (Large size) minus pedal but including tubes came in at 10.07kg on the bike shop scales, so hoping for a 9.3kg finished weight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194337.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194812.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194907.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_195149.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_195256.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-20190507_194230.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2014
    So, does the Pro model still comes with the raceface one use crank? I though all the wait was because they wanted Shimano to restart XTR crank production.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I'm not across the exact timing for the re-start of XTR cranks, but I can confirm that my SPARK 900 RC SL ordered in late Jan 2019 came with Race Face Next SL cranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokanci View Post
    So, does the Pro model still comes with the raceface one use crank? I though all the wait was because they wanted Shimano to restart XTR crank production.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    My 3 month wait is finally over! 2019 Spark 900 RC SL is in the garage. As expected the wheels come in at 1750g, so I'll be replacing them with a set from EIE, that should shave off approx. 450g. The Recon Race tyres came in at 705 and 713g and the tubes at 181 and 185g, but they'll go when I fit the tubeless valves. I should get a further 400g saving with a tyre swap.

The bike itself (Large size) minus pedal but including tubes came in at 10.07kg on the bike shop scales, so hoping for a 9.3kg finished weight.
    What tires will you switch to? Eie rims - what about hubs? I am having a set of nextie's built with Dt240s for my Spark 900

mtbr member
    Yesterday I demoíd a Spark (non-rc). I really liked it...BUT...

Do you get used to all the stuff on the bars? First time I looked down I thought: thatís a lot of cables! As I was riding, I found I was looking for the dropper and hit the lock out...or hit the dropper by mistake....I was constantly lookin down bc I thought I would hit the wrong button...it became annoying and frustrating.

But I really liked the 85/120 option for where I live...almost all my climbs were in middle setting with the downs mostly in 120...but mellower one I left in 85.

So, if I got one, would I get used to all that clutter?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Yesterday I demoíd a Spark (non-rc). I really liked it...BUT...

Do you get used to all the stuff on the bars? First time I looked down I thought: thatís a lot of cables! As I was riding, I found I was looking for the dropper and hit the lock out...or hit the dropper by mistake....I was constantly lookin down bc I thought I would hit the wrong button...it became annoying and frustrating.

But I really liked the 85/120 option for where I live...almost all my climbs were in middle setting with the downs mostly in 120...but mellower one I left in 85.

So, if I got one, would I get used to all that clutter?
    Lol, yeah itís a bit much if thatís new to you. For sure you get used to it and your thumb will soon find the correct levers without any thought. I race XCO and Iím constantly hitting the lockouts and dropper and itís second nature. I also took my XC race bike out to Colorado down plenty of black diamond/expert trails and I was alway dropping the seat and fully open on the lockouts without hesitation. Like anything, get out to the trails and get plenty of practice in and itís a non-issue.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Lbs told me my Spark RC Pro is coming this week. Anyone had issues with the raceface carbon cranks yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    No issues with my rf cranks and I had the next sl on my last bike no issue

mtbr member
    May 2014

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Another question, any of you use downtube protectors? Where I ride, there's often rocks flying into it and with a frame this expensive, I'm worried about this issue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I had my lbs use a 3m type protection tape , they did %95 of frame and fork as well . It definitely added some weight but now I have the confidence to ride it hard drop wash it ,and not be as worried about rock strikes . I got the sl and with pedals syncros cage Garmin mount ,lb wheels, schwalbe snake skin Ron and ralf and a p2max ng eco pm (179g) it still only comes to 9.89kg. I put some expedo to pedals on 215 g

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Look up invisiframe. Full coverage of bike with 3m film. It's a bit fiddly and time consuming to install but worth it. I've done 4 bikes. Company is great to work with very helpful.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Iíve put invisiframe on my girlfriends bike. That film will not help at all for the rocks that iíve had flying into my downtube in the past. I was looking for something much thicker and made of rubber. Iíve seen aluminum frames dented here before.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    wow i have crashed on rocks and the film has torn but my carbon frame did not get scratched. I have used extra film pieces to re-cover the torn film. I guess depends on the situation, speed and type of rock flying up at the down tube. You could just get 3m car film which is much thicker and make a strip for the bottom of the down tube. Thats is designed for much faster speeds and higher impact.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Itís the kind of impact that makes such a loud sound you immediately get of the bike and wonder how the hell is it still in one piece. Large rocks with pointy corners. I was thinking something like the scott ransom has on it.

https://cdn.shoplightspeed.com/shops/609157/files/12650307/800x700x2/scott-usa-ransom-900-tuned.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Ok yea if it's that kind of impacts. Car film will be best. Even if you used ivisiframe to cover the whole frame and add car film to down time for more protection.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    The Nextie wheels are great value especially with DT hubs and can come in at 1350g but the importers have their own range now after much R&D and worth a look. I think they come from that place that has kangaroos. They call them Blackcrow carbon and you can select rims and hubs like Nextie. Worth a look. Anyone tried them?
    https://www.blackcrowcarbon.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    My Spark 900 Premium (non-RC) came with Maxis Recon 2.4 tires. I wanted a slightly more relaxed / trail bike - but I cant shed my XC roots. So I am really digging the grip after all of these years riding small nob XC race tires. However, these heavy tires on the heavy wheels - sort of accelerate like my fat bike. Its all relative - I am a light rider who is used to 1300 gram wheels. Can anyone recommend a slightly lighter, faster rolling tire that still offers decent volume and grip (a step toward XC from the trail focused Rekons). If I go to 2.2's I think that will be too narrow and I'll lose some of the confidence this bike has over my race whippet. Also, I think I would start getting a lot of pedal strikes. BB is already low and strikes are a bit of a concern.
    Just doing a little 'new bike' customizing... I think I can get the bike to be a little more perky but still offer the more casual ride of a non XC race bike.
    thanks !

mtbr member
    Mar 2018

Demo Ride 2019 Scott Spark 920

Got to demo ride the 2019 Scott Spark 920 the other day.

2019 Scott bikes?-yt-thumb-spark-920-2019.jpg

Here is the a video of the demo:

https://youtu.be/8g9WWhUln3s

Cool bike.

Like the thumb shifter 2-level lockout (120-80-0). Bike I rode did not have twin lock out (only rear lock).

Did have problems with climbing pedal bob in open (120 rear).

While bobbing, the chain slipped on rear cassette multiple times. Frustrating.

Might have just been fast set up, but if you are considering this bike, be sure to demo/test ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I like the Maxxis Aspen 29 x 2.25 tyres and the Ikon tyres. The recon race are just Recons with less than 50% tread.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Has anyone heard of wireless fork and shock lock out? I know there are already wireless dropper seat posts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I finally assembled my spark 10,7 kg with little protection on downtube and chainstay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-scottsparknino.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    What tires will you switch to? Eie rims - what about hubs? I am having a set of nextie's built with Dt240s for my Spark 900
    I'm starting with a pair of MAXXIS ASPEN 29x2.25 EVO TR 120TPI. They weight in at 663g and 673g on my scales.
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_171733.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_171739.jpg

I'm running MAXXIS BEAVERS 29x2.0 578g on my other Spark. Although they're mud tyres, the knobs are low and the roll really well.
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_172435.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190601_172441.jpg

The EIE wheels are using DT240s CL Boost hubs with Microspline freehub body and I ordered a Shimano 11spd freehub body too, so I can use them on my older SPARK.
    2019 Scott bikes?-3.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-4.jpg
    Last edited by iron_horse; 06-01-2019 at 04:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    EIE wheels have arrived. Very happy with the weight @ 1287g for the set (minus rim tape).
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190605_105639.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-20190605_105606.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2011

Scott Spark RC wheel problems

Just got a 2019 Contessa Spark RC900, 15 minutes into the first ride the freehub destroyed itself.

It's got Syncros Silverton 2.0 wheels, has anyone got these, and have experience of problems? Are does anyone know what hubs they are? Are they DT Swiss?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Looking forward to the Scott Spark 2020 range with more Shimano 12 speed options. Release of Shimano XT and SLX 12 speed drive train should be in a couple of days as mentioned on pinkbike. This should mean some great value bikes. Entry level carbon frame Scott MT bikes could have SLX 7100 12 speed which is awesome value. Should only see Sram NX now on aluminium models hopefully. Love to see some XT models with Fox forks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    What tires are coming on the 2019 scales? Nothing listed online

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesaboy View Post
    What tires are coming on the 2019 scales? Nothing listed online

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The bikes online are pictured with Rekon Race but I know for the Spark RC's they varied between Ikon and Rekon Race. I would assume the same for the Scale.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Does someone have some info about the 2020 Spark RC 900 team?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Spark RC Pro arrived, took it for some races. I can't believe I wasted my time with hardtails for so long. Hardtails should be banned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleitondomazak View Post
    Does someone have some info about the 2020 Spark RC 900 team?
    Here you go, the 900 RC 2020 models :

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_sl_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_wc_axs_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_wc_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_pro_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_team_axs_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_team_red_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_team_green_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_comp_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_n1no_ltd_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_rc_n1no_2020.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow View Post
    Here you go, the 900 RC 2020 models :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spark_RC_SL_2020.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	1261775

Name:	Spark_RC_WC_AXS_2020.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	1261771

Name:	Spark_RC_WC_2020.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	1261773

Name:	Spark_RC_Pro_2020.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	1261777

Name:	Spark_RC_Team_AXS_2020.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	1261779

Name:	Spark_RC_Team_Red_2020.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	1261781

Name:	Spark_RC_Team_Green_2020.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	1261783

Name:	Spark_RC_Comp_2020.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	1261785

Name:	Spark_RC_N1no_LTD_2020.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	1261787

Name:	Spark_RC_N1no_2020.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	1261789
    Do you have the 2020 line up for the genius model?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yes, but don't have much time...

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Yes, but don't have much time...
    Ok whatever you got would be great.

mtbr member
    2019 Scott bikes?-genius_900_ultimate_axs_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-genius_900_tuned_axs_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-genius_910_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-genius_900_ltd_2020.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I'm glad to see that the 2020 spark rc has the same frame

I think Scott wants to update the frame but they probably can't find a single fault lol, its so funny to see all the new FS XC bikes being almost an exact copy of the spark rc in geometry but they still can't manage to get the weight down to the rc level

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Nice to see Spark WC with carbon wheels, althoug the wheelset weights about 1750g ( syncros site info)
    What about scale? Same specs than spark?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    No Contessa spark rc ?

Men's WC has GX cassette now, for a 7grand bike...

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    What about regular Spark?

mtbr member
    No Contessa spark rc ?

Men's WC has GX cassette now, for a 7grand bike...
    2019 Scott bikes?-contessa_spark_rc_2020.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Some nice colours but the WC edition is a bit low. Indeed gx cassette and Sram TLM brakes. It also reveals that maxxis is gonna launch one new trail tire and the rekon race gets skin walls.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Well 2019 had also TLM brakes.

If the price stays the same then i would choose those carbon wheels over x01 cassette vs gx gassette.

But hey, scott has never been a good value bike in my eyes, for the WC price you could get fully specced out topoftheline Orbea or Canyon for example

Sneaker man
    Big thumbs up for madskatingcow for the info... but to hassle him, info for regular Spark? Please
    All the gear and no idea.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Well 2019 had also TLM brakes.

If the price stays the same then i would choose those carbon wheels over x01 cassette vs gx gassette.

But hey, scott has never been a good value bike in my eyes, for the WC price you could get fully specced out topoftheline Orbea or Canyon for example
    True but for a WC title bike you should expect ultimate brakes.

Scott isn't cheap indeed but you but scott if you want some ride quality and quality. The canyon lux has a head tube angle of 70dg vs 68,5dg spark rc and the twinloc system is a big plus. Downside is one bottle cage.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Thanks for showing the 2020-models!

I would also be interested in seeing the regular Sparks (non RC).

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    New Scale on the way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-capture.png  

Sneaker man
    is't the special edition Spark frame in the cat pics up above (also assuming there'l be a Scale version as well)

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    "-Seguro que no puedes hablar de ello pero tenemos que intentarlo Ņveremos pronto un modelo nuevo de Scott Spark?
    -Bueno, esa es una buena pregunta, estamos detrŠs de una y puede que uno de estos dŪas Scott os enseŮe una nueva Scott Spark, permaneced atentos."

https://www.brujulabike.com/entrevis...mechanic-2019/

mtbr member
    2019 Scott bikes?-scale_rc_900_wc_axs_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-scale_rc_900_wc_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-scale_rc_900_pro_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-scale_rc_900_team_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-scale_910_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-scale_rc_900_wc_n1no_2020.jpg

mtbr member
    2019 Scott bikes?-spark_900_ultimate_axs_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_900_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_910_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_920_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_930_2020.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-spark_940_2020.jpg

Sneaker man
    Wow, great work

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Best featured Mechanical Spark 900RC WC to date goes to 2019!

The 2020 mechanical version is very close to the 2018 Spark Pro in frame HMX and groupo

the 2020 Spark 900RC WC electronic version is sweet!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Great, thanks so much for posting 2020 bikes.
    Any details on the Genius 920, 930, 940?

Its nice to see some shimano bits on the Spark especially the brakes as the sram brakes mid level and even the TLM are terrible.

The entry 900RC WC has the HMX frame which is great but a big down grade from last year and year before. The team and pro levels have better brakes than the WC! and a drop from XX1 to XO is not acceptible. XO is great but is marketed for the AM or trail range. I believe only the ASX model has the carbon rim also so what are they thinking with the basic WC model at that price?

What happened to a SLX team 12speed team version? Or did I miss something? At least the brakes are decent shimano.
    Been owning and following Scott bikes for quite a few seasons now and I see high price and less for your $ each year. The best value Bikes i had were the 2017 Spark RC pro with fox forks and the 2018 Pro with the same HMX frame as the 2019 WC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Thank you madskatingcow for posting 2020 models, WC AXS looks interesting! Any chance of a sneak peak of the CX RC (even though not mtb), mostly interested if it's the same as the 2019 model with new colors or if it has any influence from the new Addict RC 2020?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    REALLY happy I bought my Spark 900 premium this year as there is not a HMX and XTR bike from Scott in 2020. Must say it is a bit of an odd spec this year. No HMX SL frame for the Scale RC at all in 2020.

mtbr member
    Anymore info on the genius or is that the only options for 2020.....thinking of changing my turner burner for one

Presume no changes to frame geo

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Am i being stupid but last year WC's also had HMX frame not HMX SL ? Only Spark 900SL had that frame ?

I'll accept with the fact that downgrading cassette from x01 to gx is a big step down, but cranks and derailleur from xx1 to x01 is even not worth mentioning and 2020 model has a carbon wheels,although they weight 1700g but still carbon and 26mm internal width!

Spark 900PRO is pretty much same spec as last year, but with XT cassette over XTR!

I really hoped that 900team would come with new 12speed XT, that would have been a nice project bike then, swapping some carbon wheels and carbon seatpost/handlebar and you would have a pretty nice bike!

In my opinion the 2020 WCmodel is best specced WC in recent years, although compared to the likes of Canyon and Orbea, the value of the bike is ****

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Hello,

Do you have any news about the ransom 2020?
    There is almost no stock for the 2019.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Am i being stupid but last year WC's also had HMX frame not HMX SL ? Only Spark 900SL had that frame ?

I'll accept with the fact that downgrading cassette from x01 to gx is a big step down, but cranks and derailleur from xx1 to x01 is even not worth mentioning and 2020 model has a carbon wheels,although they weight 1700g but still carbon and 26mm internal width!

Spark 900PRO is pretty much same spec as last year, but with XT cassette over XTR!

I really hoped that 900team would come with new 12speed XT, that would have been a nice project bike then, swapping some carbon wheels and carbon seatpost/handlebar and you would have a pretty nice bike!

In my opinion the 2020 WCmodel is best specced WC in recent years, although compared to the likes of Canyon and Orbea, the value of the bike is ****
    The Pro and WC had HMX in 2018.
    Only WC had HMX in 2019 models and the SL had HMX-SL.
    Seems to be same in 2020.

The WC 2020 carbon rim is about time compared to other brands however wheel weight is about the same as the alloy last year. The 2019 DT 1725 rim is pretty good. There are much better options for carbon wheels out there that come in around 1400g or less.

yes be nice if the team had full XT 12sp but i think SLX 12sp would be the most one could expect.

the AXS team is a pretty awesome spec bike! Thinking it will be a huge seller.

Shame they bring out the 930 120 carbon spark with sramNX. Could of had the decency to bring it out full 12sp SLX! It would sell well with SLX!

NX belongs on alloy frames only.

Actually maybe the 920 should be SLX and the 930 sram GX.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperGr View Post
    True but for a WC title bike you should expect ultimate brakes.

Scott isn't cheap indeed but you but scott if you want some ride quality and quality. The canyon lux has a head tube angle of 70dg vs 68,5dg spark rc and the twinloc system is a big plus. Downside is one bottle cage.

Some Lux models come with 110mm fork so head angle is 69.5 on these. They also have a dual lockout system. And space for 2 bottles....and they're cheaper :-)

mtbr member
    @madskantingcow
    Any pics of the 2020 Ransom?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by agg25 View Post
    Some Lux models come with 110mm fork so head angle is 69.5 on these. They also have a dual lockout system. And space for 2 bottles....and they're cheaper :-)
    Yes but i compare apples with apples so 100 vs 100mm. Twinloc and dual loc is not the same. Twinloc has three modes vs two of the dual loc. Cheaper and two bottles true

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Just about the price: youíre right.
    But if you buy a Scott you just want quality.

Iíve had a Lux for a couple of weeks and returned it because i test rode a Spark before i got the Lux.
    On paper was the Lux a good bike, had good reviews, and liked two bottles on my bike (now i donít miss the second bottle with the Spark)

Yes, value for money and a beautiful bike. But stiffness and rearsuspension was dissapointing compared to the Scott.

Rode also a Giant Anthem and that was better than the Lux too and has the same price.
    The Specialized Epic was just as good as the Spark (if you love the brain), and even expensive.

Everybody said i was crazy when i returned the bike, but nobody had driven both bikes...

Everything has a price...

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Some rumours are saying the new Spark RL3 forks (SID Select+) have low speed compression adjustment. Anybody?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Damn those genius and spark rc frames in that silver/raw colour is super sick!

I have Spark and i dont miss the space for a second bottle on the frame, if i need another bottle i just put it in jersey pocket or i am using uswe outlander backpack, with that pack i can use backpockets of the jersey.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    One question about the scott spark rc in a bike race. If you havent a support team and you're in a leading group how do you manage to lose minimal time and getting a full bottle? That's my only problem during a marathon race because i lose that group at that moment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    That was the reason to try the Lux. I drink a lot so realy wanted two bottles.
    The Spark rode better, and there are a lot of people driving with one bottle and nobody said it is a problem. I choosed ride quality over the extra bottle.

I said a year ago i would never use a Camelbak. That was realy overdone and after one minute of riding i donít feel the Bag anymore.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I just hang up the phone with someone close to scott enduro team.
    So the next ransom will be available in september in europe, nothing new for the frame. Just color, yelow for the tune, green for the 910.
    There will be more stock also, they were conservative with the production of the 2019 ransom, but it has been a huge hit, there is almost no stock left of the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by amclassic View Post
    The Spark rode better, and there are a lot of people driving with one bottle and nobody said it is a problem. I choosed ride quality over the extra bottle.

I said a year ago i would never use a Camelbak. That was realy overdone and after one minute of riding i donít feel the Bag anymore.
    Okay thanks, i also bought some 800ml bottles vs the 650ml.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I really like the looks of the 2020 Spark RC SL - wonder tho... If I break a spoke on the all carbon wheel/spoke... what do I do? Bike is out of commission until I get that sorted. NO spare spoke could be installed at LBs for this unique wheel. Maybe a reason to build it from the frame up..but notice no HMX SL in frame only.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Will the genius be available as a 920 in 2020? details?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I really like the looks of the 2020 Spark RC SL - wonder tho... If I break a spoke on the all carbon wheel/spoke... what do I do? Bike is out of commission until I get that sorted. NO spare spoke could be installed at LBs for this unique wheel. Maybe a reason to build it from the frame up..but notice no HMX SL in frame only.
    If you have that much money you can either buy a spare wheelset or sell the syncros and build a carbon wheelset.

mtbr member
    Regarding the 2020 WC (mechanical)...has anyone seen any pricing yet? Wondering if the bump "up" (relative term weightwise) to the carbon wheelset, SID Select+ is just going to offset the downgrade in group (X01 yes, but GX cassette!) or if there may be a corresponding price increase?

Not sure if the switch from Fox to RS NUDE rear is a wash.

Still so much yellow, when other manuf are still able to get a black (or mostly black) option OEM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'm thinking they are probably gonna increase the price sadly

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Any updates on the 2020 lower level genius models? 920, 930, 940?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    EU-dealers should have their catalogue

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    GENIUS 920, 930 2020. Shame about the NX on a carbon bike! SLX 12 speed would have been best option for the 930.

Compare to 920 2019
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Scott bikes?-genius-920-2020.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-genius-930-2020.jpg  

2019 Scott bikes?-920-2019.jpg  

Last edited by bicycleman1; 08-27-2019 at 11:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Hereís a video of the 2020 bikes. Shows a lot of crappy low end bikes but eventually shows the Ransom.

https://youtu.be/gMvvkX9mxLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always pushing harder!!!
    I already saw pricing for 2020 but only for Spark RC models...

$12k for the WC 900 SL AXS
    $6K for the Nino SE Frame
    $7.2K for the WC 900 AXS

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Does anyone know if the frames of the Spark are in fact still the same frame they brought on the market in 2016?

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    The Spark would be a 3 year old frame if they have not changed it. This means it most likely is at the end of its lifecycle and will be replaced next year. Makes me think if itís worth investing in a bike that will be outdated in 12 months.

The frame in general is still up to date with the flat head angle, but Trek nowadays builds much longer frames in the same size, which make the bike more stable and reduce the need for larger stems, and long stems always tend to encourage OTBs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    I read somewhere the only change in spark frame is in chainstay, allowing bigger chainrings.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    As per a previous post, It's possible the rear shock will be internal to the frame very soon in the premium models.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Why very soon? They released the 2020 models already.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    very soon as in next year or so, maybe 2021. They bought out another Swiss company that already does internal shocks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    @bicycleman1, Please tell us more about your insider news. Sounds interesting.
    (BTW, reminds me to the new TREK with intigrated shock in the top tube)

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Scott bought bold Cycles, wich have frames with internal shocks

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Any prices yet? Looking to get spark 940/920 if the price is OK.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Thanks below for update on 'Bold cycle', I was trying to remember that.
    What do riders think about the 2020 color choices? Some good, some maybe a bit feminine? I was thinking of a Genius 920 and usually ok with blue but baby or pastel blue...hmmm, maybe better in real life.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Has anyone changed out the press fit bottom bracket on a Scott carbon frame? Thinking of changing out the GX Dud cranks for some GXP carbon.

What's the experience out there with pressing them in dry or with primer and a locking compound? I've not experienced a creak BB fortunately. Recommendations?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Regarding Grip cartridge in the Fox performance forks, I have only heard of Grip 2 but the Scott bikes list Grip 3, 3 position. Is there a new version of grip? Why I ask is I have a Fit 4 that I was thinking of using instead of grip, but maybe grip 3 is ok or new design?

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman1 View Post
    Has anyone changed out the press fit bottom bracket on a Scott carbon frame? Thinking of changing out the GX Dud cranks for some GXP carbon.

What's the experience out there with pressing them in dry or with primer and a locking compound? I've not experienced a creak BB fortunately. Recommendations?
    With a proper press fit tool its easy, when i installed my shinano pf bb i just put a little bit of carbon friends grease on them to help them slide in, i use two different greases that are carbon friendly, park tool grease and my favorite motorex2000. Its been two years and I have not heard a squeek from mine.

It can be a bit nerve racking hitting the old BB cups out though because the frame is thin and you need to hit them pretty hard, you can hear the sound through the frame with each hit but its fine.

mtbr member
    Just ordered a 2020 Spark WC AXS. Really wanted to do a build up with the SL HMX frameset, but the rep said maybe, possibly Dec avail, if it all. I know that means probably never or well into next year, so I passed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dinsum View Post
    With a proper press fit tool its easy, when i installed my shinano pf bb i just put a little bit of carbon friends grease on them to help them slide in, i use two different greases that are carbon friendly, park tool grease and my favorite motorex2000. Its been two years and I have not heard a squeek from mine.

It can be a bit nerve racking hitting the old BB cups out though because the frame is thin and you need to hit them pretty hard, you can hear the sound through the frame with each hit but its fine.
    Thanks for the advice. Appreciated.
    Since then I have noticed something interesting listed on the SRAM site. Part No: FC-X-C-B1.
    The Dub X1 carbon crankset is listed in 2019 as previously was only OE and not listed. Only a bit heavier than XO1.

They are competitively priced also (about US$160-170). Although i'm not a DUB fan, prefer to keep the original fit of bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018

crack?

So this morning i notice this on my seatpost ( syncros carbon ) is this a crack? should I be worried riding this?2019 Scott bikes?-syncroscb.jpg
    2019 Scott bikes?-syncroscb1.jpg

mtbr member
    That's a crack unfortunately. Did you overtighten the seatpost (i.e no torque wrench used)?

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I always use a torque wrench and tighten in it on 4 nm

mtbr member
    May 2016
    That's not a for sure crack. I have a lightweight carbon post 145grams. The same thing happens to mine and i only torque to 3.5nm... I believe when using lightweight carbon it starts to deform a little at the clamp zone. I used a dremel to sand a little bit of the spot to make sure there was no crack and mine has no crack, pretty much looks identical to yours. You could try lowering the post a little and go for a few rides, pretty sure you will see that same line again without hearing any cracking sounds

mtbr member
    I only saw the second pic, on my laptop I noticed you uploaded two. By looking at the first pic I agree it might be deformation. I don't have it on my two Syncros posts on my World Cup frames though.
    Do you have a carbon or aluminum frame? With aluminum frames this might happen easier. I had the exact same thing on my Canyon 9.0 AL aluminum frame with Canyon carbon seatpost. I used a Syntace torque wrench.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Spark 900 nino carbon frame, last weekend during the transport of the bike I remove the seat post, then before the race I put little carbon paste adjust the post into the frame and when I sat on the saddle and spin a little I heard 3-4 creaks(or cracks?) no sounds after that, and this morning I saw the post like that

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Guys with how many tokens comes rs SID on the spark wc? or dont have any?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I don't think they have any tokens originally. When the SID fork comes OE it has pretty poor performance for that level of bike. I hear many cases of this fork being blue printed from new as riders are not impressed. Often 1 token is added and oil replaced. Also the issue of needing to equalize the air side because it can get out of sinc. Can feel like it gets stuck at 90mm travel. Some people love the fork but after experiencing the plush feel of a Fox SC out of the box, Fox really sets the benchmark.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Guys i own a Scott Spark Rc from 2018 and this year I already used 4 bb bearings because something isn't right. Last BB set was destroyed in 3 days (see the movie). Can you guys help me with a solution because this is driving me crazy... or do you guys know what cause it

Last bb
    https://youtu.be/8QWbWCgJPjc

Second last bb
    https://youtu.be/2aq94J9It2o

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Guys i own a Scott Spark Rc from 2018 and this year I already used 4 bb bearings because something isn't right. Last BB set was destroyed in 3 days (see the movie). Can you guys help me with a solution because this is driving me crazy.... thankshttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d9cbe14...924_113211.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d9cbe02...612_180502.mp4

You blew through 4 bearings? I don't know your full situation but I have to ask because this blows my mind: Why are you not taking your bike to a bike shop to have a professional take a look? You could have saved money and time (especially if you blew them on a trail ride)

Also, how do you expect anyone on a message forum help you without showing any photos (detailed both inside and out) of the Bottom Bracket??? * Your original post didn't have video links: disregard this part*

Sorry for your misfortune but really, take it to your local bike shop and support your local bike shop
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Sorry the movies didn't work but now they do. It is already in the bikeshop but Scott Switzerland doesn't want to know of this situation. They said it isn't possible.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Sorry the movies didn't work but now they do. It is already in the bikeshop but Scott Switzerland doesn't want to know of this situation. They said it isn't possible.

From watching your videos it could be due to multiple reasons but seriously impossible to tell what's happening inside. Yes, BB's don't tend to fail like that but since your bike is at the shop they can diagnose and see if the cause is due to the frame/defective parts or if it was improperly installed.

I just hope your frame isn't damaged. Now that's an expensive issues to have
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    The shop did always press the bearings so they know what they do. I hope some others guys had bracket problems so i know it happend more

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The shop did always press the bearings so they know what they do. I hope some others guys had bracket problems so i know it happend more

So you never installed the BB yourself? If the shop did the all 4 installations, I would have gone to a different bike shop.

I'm still not sure you're going to get answers you need as I don't think anyone without physically looking and inspecting your bike will be able to help you out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Not on this bike. I did on my road bike. Nevermind, i was curious if there was someone.

mtbr member
    Seems like the 2020 RC models now have 42mm fork offset instead of 51mm previously?

Friend of mine has a 900 RC Pro 2020, the RockShox SID Select+ RL3 has 42 mm offset.
    Last edited by madskatingcow; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:42 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Seems like the 2020 RC models now have 44mm fork offset instead of 51mm previously?

Friend of mine has a 900 RC Pro 2020, the RockShox SID Select+ RL3 has 42 mm offset.
    51mm offset is a thing of the past on 29ers now and i'm glad

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thinking ahead to 2021 models already - I think we are due for a redesign/refresh for the XC bikes (spark/scale). The 2020 feel like a carryover (just new paint really), Scott bought another bike company with a unique internal rear shock design, and the current Spark is 4 years old. I was going to order the 2020 scott spark SL frame/fork set - and they seem to have just gone missing from the perspective that the dealers cant get any (Im talking about dealers in Europe that usually stock this stuff). Olympics coming up, etc...
    So just some of my rationale that seems to point to a new design on the horizon. All a guess tho.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I think you are right 'jtc1' internal shock is around the corner.

mtbr member
    Anyone know what the Syncros Silverton 1.5 TR Wheels on the Pro model are?

Trying to decide if I am going w/ the 900 RC Pro or w/ a SC Blur.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bellullabob View Post
    Anyone know what the Syncros Silverton 1.5 TR Wheels on the Pro model are?

Trying to decide if I am going w/ the 900 RC Pro or w/ a SC Blur.
    If it makes a difference, the blur does not offer a full lockout and I found little difference between open/pedal mode. Also, the wheels are fairly heavy regardless of build. I bought EIE carbon hoops with DT240s @ 1300g for $1k. They've been flawless to date.

mtbr member
    If it makes a difference, the blur does not offer a full lockout and I found little difference between open/pedal mode. Also, the wheels are fairly heavy regardless of build. I bought EIE carbon hoops with DT240s @ 1300g for $1k. They've been flawless to date.
    Thanks stom, I'll have to look at those wheels. As for the Blur, the full builds come with a lock out. Do you know where is a link to those 1.5 TR wheels for info? I can't find anything on them. They don't exist on the syncros site.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Anybody replaced their grips lately? With the new Twin lock (under bar) and issues with switchifng from Syncros rubber grips to my favorite ESI grips? Seems like their is some sort of lock-on / integration with the left grip??? thanks

mtbr member
    Anybody replaced their grips lately? With the new Twin lock (under bar) and issues with switchifng from Syncros rubber grips to my favorite ESI grips? Seems like their is some sort of lock-on / integration with the left grip??? thanks
    There is a plastic ring included that clips inplace inside the lockring used for mounting the grip so you can mount the twinlock stand alone.

Used to ride ESI for 3 year, I now have the Syncros silicone grips. They are a tad harder than ESI but last way longer. My favorites!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There is a plastic ring included that clips inplace inside the lockring used for mounting the grip so you can mount the twinlock stand alone.

Used to ride ESI for 3 year, I now have the Syncros silicone grips. They are a tad harder than ESI but last way longer. My favorites!
    OK - so it is safe to cutoff the old rubber grip and slide on a new ESI ... nothing special needs to be done?
    thx

banned
    Nov 2014
    REALLY happy I bought my Spark 900 premium this year as there is not a HMX and XTR bike from Scott in 2020. Must say it is a bit of an odd spec this year. No HMX SL frame for the Scale RC at all in 2020.
    REALLY happy I bought my Scale 900 Elite 2019 this year as comparable 2020 model (940) has Eagle SX cranks, rear mech and shifter. 900 Elite has Eagle NX cranks, rear mech and shifter. Both bike have exactly the same starting price, and on the plus side, I payed with about 15% discount, because I bought it just a month before 2020 models went on sale.

ANGRY, but not so much at Scott in particular, but the general trend in MTB industry that let companies like Scott to get away with such a**hole business policies.

mtbr member
    World Cup level is the first HMX frame in the line up

https://www.scott-sports.com/be/en/p...icle=274624006

Top of the line is HMX SL

https://www.scott-sports.com/be/en/p...icle=274615009

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amclassic View Post

Two bottles, 750 and 600, fitted to 2019 Spark RC Pro large frame, using Lyne Holy Rail mount and Syncros side cages. Doesn't touch the frame nor the shock, easily loaded/unloaded.

2019 Scott bikes?-img_20191017_211625_bokeh.jpg

2019 Scott bikes?-img_20191017_212424.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkoln View Post
    Two bottles, 750 and 600, fitted to 2019 Spark RC Pro large frame, using Lyne Holy Rail mount and Syncros side cages. Doesn't touch the frame nor shock, easily loaded/unloaded.

Name:	IMG_20191017_211625_Bokeh.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	1288141

Name:	IMG_20191017_212424.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	1288143
    What bottle cage is that? Where to buy?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman6074 View Post
    What bottle cage is that? Where to buy?

It's a modular mounting system by Lyne Components:
    https://www.on-lynecomponents.com/co.../the-holy-rail

Google it, they also sell on Amazon. Just have to mention, it only fits L and XL frames.
    I replaced the original cages with Syncros Tailor, they look and fit much better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Sure it won't fit medium frame?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkoln View Post
    It's a modular mounting system by Lyne Components:
    https://www.on-lynecomponents.com/co.../the-holy-rail

Google it, they also sell on Amazon. Just have to mention, it only fits L and XL frames.
    I replaced the original cages with Syncros Tailor, they look and fit much better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Thx I have large spark and genius. Most rides I'm good with one bottle but some hotter days and longer rides, to have extra water would be nice. I don't care for back pack.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Just picked up a 2019 Scott Spark 900 RC SL. Replaces my 2015 900 PRemium XTR bike. Man am I impressed!!! The slight changes in Geometry from my 2015 make this a really stable confident bike to race. Decends much better then my 2015.

Silverton SL wheels never made it to production - so I will replace the decent stock wheels with some really nice race wheels. Stock tires are OK - but hoping to find some new 2020 race tires for next year. Wish Schwalbe would come out with a light 2.35 Rocket Ron.

mtbr member
    In August I got myself Scale 900 elite 2019. It replaces Scale 965 2017. I got a sweet price (some 15% off) because itĎs 2019 model. And here is the devil - comparable 2020 model (Scale 940) is inferior for the same starting price. Drivetrain has been downgraded from NX eagle crankset, rear mech and shifter, to SX eagle. That means poorer shifting (SX rear mech lacks cable pulley wheel) and more than 100g of weight penalty).

However, I must say that I am very happy with geometry of bike, especially with super short chainstays and comfort. I bought this bike to serve as a basis for upgrade (yes, more expensive, but more interesting option to me). In stock version bike is not very light (officially 12.1kg), but the efficiency of the frame is amazing. Also, compared to previous Scale carbon frame, this latest one feels almost like a softtail.

I have more to share about initial owners experience, but enough for this post. Happy trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123