2018 alloy scott genius super deluxe- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2017

2018 alloy scott genius super deluxe

for anyone interested a super deluxe rct fits a genius alloy frame, remove the lsc knob you have 1mm of clearance on full bottom out of frame, the rebound is hard to get to but can be adjusted still, also the lockout lever would work with a trim modification, on another note my 230x60 meg neg aircan also fits this shock which means a 185x55 meg neg will surely fit! will order one as im running 27% sag and shocks full of tokens and its blowing through the travel as it is, and is very harsh i did have the lsc all the way off tho so a meg neg should help alot as it did on my remedy. but there you have it super deluxe fits with a meg neg!

also the last picture of the meg neg is the geo set in the high position and its clear the frame by .4mm in low its about 1.5 at a guess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018 alloy scott genius super deluxe-dsc02002.jpg  

2018 alloy scott genius super deluxe-dsc02003.jpg  

2018 alloy scott genius super deluxe-dsc02011.jpg  

2018 alloy scott genius super deluxe-dsc02016.jpg  

2018 alloy scott genius super deluxe-dsc02019.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Have you ridden it yet?
    Could you use the hardwear from the fox shox or did you need to buy something else than the shock?

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by javisst44 View Post
    Have you ridden it yet?
    Could you use the hardwear from the fox shox or did you need to buy something else than the shock?
    Yeah use the hardware from the fox shock just be careful pushing it out using a vice and correct size sockets is how I did it. It was my brothers bike and it has changed the whole bike from a xc feeling shock to plush trail enduro more suited shock,has way more traction and is super plush but you need the Meg neg with this bike and shock combo to get the mid stroke support and you need to run 2 spacers to help reduce bottom out as he's running quite high pressure think 280psi and he's 78kg so if your heavy might not work as the limit is 315.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by turner_nz View Post
    Yeah use the hardware from the fox shock just be careful pushing it out using a vice and correct size sockets is how I did it. It was my brothers bike and it has changed the whole bike from a xc feeling shock to plush trail enduro more suited shock,has way more traction and is super plush but you need the Meg neg with this bike and shock combo to get the mid stroke support and you need to run 2 spacers to help reduce bottom out as he's running quite high pressure think 280psi and he's 78kg so if your heavy might not work as the limit is 315.
    How does it pedal with the new shock? both in the flatter parts and when climbing =) ?