What is your torque setting for rear shock mount on BLT2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What is your torque setting for rear shock mount on BLT2

I have an '09 BLT2 and the rear shock mount on the rear shock was making some creaky noises towards the end of a long and muddy ride this past weekend. It seemed that if I backed off the bolt some where it wasn't tight but snug the creaking went away. I had lubed it with grease before the ride but not sure if it just wore down after the 30 + miles or what. It is a tight fit in there so I don't believe mud and dirt were able to get into where the shock mounting bushing makes contact with the shock mounting point on the bike.

Should these shock mounts be torqued to a specific setting or is it a matter of just tightening them until they are snug and then just have some thread lock on there? The bike has low miles so the bushing that is there on the RP23 seems to be in good condition. I also, when i first got the bike, took some sand paper and just lighted sanded down the sides of the shock bushing and the shock mounts just to remove any burs or paint that might be causing the creaking noises.

All help is most appreciated so thanks in advance.

E

mtbr member
    I believe they are 190 in/lbs for the shock bolt. Check on the SC website in the maintenance section though. It is there.

mtbr member
    thank you sir, you are correct the specs are right there.

awesome thanks again for the help,

E

Members who have read this thread: 0