Upgrade my 2015 Bronson C to a 2016 Bronson CC?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Upgrade my 2015 Bronson C to a 2016 Bronson CC?

I'm considering buying a 2016 Bronson CC frame and swapping everything over from m y 2015 Bronson C (S). I'd be getting a frame upgrade (C to CC carbon) as well as a better rear shock (Fox Float CTD Evolution to FOX Float X Factory). I'd also get the geometry updates of course but most importantly I'd have that gorgeous magenta that I'm in love with.

I figure I could get some money out of the 2015 frame and rear shock because I only have about 15 or 20 rides on it. Everything else I'd just swap over to the new frame.

So my question is: will it be worth the $ for the frame and shock upgrade and the geometry update? The frame is around $3000 and I'm thinking maybe I could get around $1000 for the old frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    yes to new bike stuff. Always. haha. Well, as long as you have the means to do it. I always try not to assume my old bike frame/parts will sell immediately to cover the costs of a new purchase. Stuff happens..

Will you need to change your rear wheel to the new Boost standard? That's another thing to consider, when swapping parts over.

I was gonna swap my 1st gen Bronson to the new Bronson but was turned off by the change to Boost ( I had just bought an I9 wheelset with the "old" standard rear hub), meaning I couldn't swap all my parts over easily.

So I just ended up getting a Nomad frame on clearance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Ahhh good call on the wheels. I just bought a set of ibis 741s which will not work with the new standard. I thought the 2016 Bronson's weren't changed to the new Boost standard -- I overlooked that somehow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Worth it? Objectively, not a freaking chance. But lucky for you, that doesn't mean a damned thing.

What's it worth _to you_?

mtbr member
    I owned a Bronson V1 and have spent a couple days on a Bronson V2. The changes that SCB made to the suspension kinematics are quite noticeable. I was never a fan of the V1's suspension. The V2 is much more linear, plus I like the geometry changes. Currently, trying to weasel my way into one of them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I own a Bronson V1 and rode the V2 at Outerbike. The 2 bikes ride quite diff. IMO and the new Bronson is closer to the Nomad than the V1. Hopefully you can demo the new one before you change, and its not just the pedaling kinematics.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I went from a Bronson V1 to a Nomad V3 and was blown away by how much better the Nomad is. If the Bronson V2 is anything like the new Nomad (which it supposedly is), I think you're justified in upgrading.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Seatpost changed from 30.9 to 31.6, but u can get a shim for that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Can you explain what you mean by the Nomad is better? I'm not a DH rider I'm more of a Trail rider so for me the Bronson was just a little more all mountain than my Tallboy LT but could still ride anything that I'd normally take my TallboyLT on and still have fun. It seems to me like the Nomad wouldn't be a great fit for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akrapacs View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by the Nomad is better? ... (snip) ... It seems to me like the Nomad wouldn't be a great fit for me.
    Check out the six pages of discussion here in the comparison thread of the current Bronson vs the current Nomad.

I haven't tried the new Bronson (v2). I had the old one (v1) and I love my Nomad. It sounds like you're on the right track for where and how you ride. I encourage you to try any bike out before you get it.