Super D weapon of choice?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Super D weapon of choice?

Just curious what set ups (frame, fork, gearing) that people are running for racing in super D style races.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have never raced super d, but want too. If I did, I would probably go with an LTc or Nomadc. It would be a toss up. 160 talas on the Nomad, and 150 talas on the LTc. Gearing on both would be 2x10 24-38 front chainrings and 11-36 cassette. I am a big boy and like that 24 tooth ring on the front. Also would have a dropper post. Weight would be around 27-29 lbs with an X0 (my fav)setup.

FNG
    Oct 2004
    I did a couple of super d races at Southridge with a Blur xc (alloy). Ran a rotor double crankset. I think I had Nevegals at the time. The rider was the limiting factor, not the bike.

Going to race it this year because, well, it's what I I have.

That said, if I had the money, I think a Nickel would make a nice super d bike. Little slacker and a bit more travel.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    blt or btr, possibly a nomad depending on how much gnar there is. 140 to 170 fork. no need for a dropper post, you shouldnt be sitting. short stem wide bars.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    This is an awesome topic. As SC has so many bikes that fit this style of racing.

Members who have read this thread: 0