Santa Cruz VPP's still Made In The US- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

Santa Cruz VPP's still Made In The US

Funny how much BS gets posted on this website by people who obviously really have nothing better to do than stir the pot. This little blurb was in response to a lengthy a post I made in the Cannondale forum regarding their recent (second) acquisition and my experience with a recent buyout. I made a one sentence side remark after the fact about Santa Cruz and Turner not selling out and this was the response:

Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Santa Cruz has moved all of their manufacturing to Taiwan now, just FYI.

Well, that's a bunch of BS. My Nomad was made here in the US as are all the others. Good on Santa Cruz for keeping some of it's production here in the US as well as Turner with my 5 Spot. If you don't know what you're talking about, there is no need to make things up. I've found some really good info on this site and that's why I keep coming back. But it's difficult when you have hacks in here who know nothing yet try to come across as arrogant experts.

Email received from Santa Cruz this morning:

Hi Ryan,
    All of the design work and prototyping of all Santa Cruz frames is done here in Santa Cruz, for tubing fabrication and welding production we use vendors, then back to Santa Cruz for inspection, finishing, and assembly before shipping out to dealers and distributors.

The current Nomad, Blur-4X, VP-Free, Stigmata, and V10 frames are made in the USA.
    *Labeled - Made in the USA

The current Juliana SL, Superlight, Heckler, Bullit, Blur-LT, Blur-XC, Jackal and Chameleon frames are for the most part made in Taiwan with the QC/final inspection, powdercoating, assembly, etc. done here in Santa Cruz, California.
    *Labeled * Made in Taiwan

Thanks for your interest in Santa Cruz, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Scott Turner - Santa Cruz Bicycles
    Santa Cruz, California
    [email protected]
    www.santacruzbicycles.com

PS, if you don't have a coil shock on your Nomad, you have no idea just how nice that bike can really perform. Best upgrade I've done to that frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    good info. i didn't realize the blur and vp free were made in the u.s as well. i thought maybe since they used a more traditional tubing they too would be made in taiwan. now if i could just sell my damn heckler, i could finally give the vpp a try.

Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    Funny how much BS gets posted on this website by people who obviously really have nothing better to do than stir the pot. This little blurb was in response to a lengthy a post I made in the Cannondale forum regarding their recent (second) acquisition and my experience with a recent buyout. I made a one sentence side remark after the fact about Santa Cruz and Turner not selling out and this was the response:

Well, that's a bunch of BS. My Nomad was made here in the US as are all the others. Good on Santa Cruz for keeping some of it's production here in the US as well as Turner with my 5 Spot. If you don't know what you're talking about, there is no need to make things up. I've found some really good info on this site and that's why I keep coming back. But it's difficult when you have hacks in here who know nothing yet try to come across as arrogant experts.

Email received from Santa Cruz this morning:

Hi Ryan,
    All of the design work and prototyping of all Santa Cruz frames is done here in Santa Cruz, for tubing fabrication and welding production we use vendors, then back to Santa Cruz for inspection, finishing, and assembly before shipping out to dealers and distributors.

The current Nomad, Blur-4X, VP-Free, Stigmata, and V10 frames are made in the USA.
    *Labeled - Made in the USA

The current Juliana SL, Superlight, Heckler, Bullit, Blur-LT, Blur-XC, Jackal and Chameleon frames are for the most part made in Taiwan with the QC/final inspection, powdercoating, assembly, etc. done here in Santa Cruz, California.
    *Labeled * Made in Taiwan

Thanks for your interest in Santa Cruz, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Santa Cruz, California
    [email protected]

PS, if you don't have a coil shock on your Nomad, you have no idea just how nice that bike can really perform. Best upgrade I've done to that frame.
    I dunno:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ta+cruz+taiwan

Additionally, you made an assertion that Santa Cruz almost pushed Turner out of production based on some hearsay from an SC dealer, which was corrected and the point of where you blew up. Even your title is misleading.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    vp free?, is this an old email?

unless they are making the new ones...................

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I dunno:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ta+cruz+taiwan

Additionally, you made an assertion that Santa Cruz almost pushed Turner out of production based on some hearsay from an SC dealer, which was corrected and the point of where you blew up. Even your title is misleading.
    If you would have actually read my posting in the Cannondale forum, that info came from a Turner dealer, not a Santa Cruz dealer. Instead you jumped on one little piece of info and misinterpreted and misquoted it, then when back later and deleted all the BS you posted.

It's obvious you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in any of these forums. You've made that clear. It's one thing to give your opinion about something, it's something else to state it as fact when you're not certain or in your case, just dead wrong. I prefaced my remark from the Turner dealer to state that this was just something I had heard and may not be fact.

The email I just posted was sent to me from Scott at Santa Cruz and I received it this morning. If he is wrong, then take it up with Santa Cruz.

The thread you linked makes absolutely no sense. It's just a bunch of guys talking and making speculation. No wonder you're so in the dark.

Bring on the Funk!
    Mar 2007
    You know what....it's all good! Just got my made in Taiwan (laser etched in to the anodized finish with pride) Blur LT and this thing is gorgeous!

I used to feverishly buy ONLY made in Canada & USA, but it's game over. We are a world economy and SC simply chose the best option. For example, we used to have syncros made locally (Vancouver) and this was the stuff of legends, but it's gone and many similar companies are gone and their names cannibalized by marketing companies to sell drek. The good news is that really good design and QC (like SC) outweigh the bling factor of boutique made stuff and still give us what matters..a killer ride. Be happy and go ride!

I'm a bottom feeder...

Yea Jazzboy...

word !!!!!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzboy
    You know what....it's all good! Just got my made in Taiwan (laser etched in to the anodized finish with pride) Blur LT and this thing is gorgeous!

I used to feverishly buy ONLY made in Canada & USA, but it's game over. We are a world economy and SC simply chose the best option. For example, we used to have syncros made locally (Vancouver) and this was the stuff of legends, but it's gone and many similar companies are gone and their names cannibalized by marketing companies to sell drek. The good news is that really good design and QC (like SC) outweigh the bling factor of boutique made stuff and still give us what matters..a killer ride. Be happy and go ride!
    Hey Jazzboy, this thread wasn't started to put down anyone's bikes. It was just to set the record straight as other's seem to get off on spreading incorrect info.

I came close to buying a Blur to race XC and Marathon this year, and at the last minute Turner/Maxxis stepped up with a sponsorship deal I couldn't pass up. Otherwise, I was ready to pull the trigger and buy a Blur as I love my Nomad so much. The Blur is a great bike.

mtbr member
    I don't know. I'm just simple. I don't see what the big deal is. Either you like the bike or you don't. If a sticker on it or the owner of the brand get your panties in a bunch, terrific, move along.

BTW, this post was not manufactured in Taiwan, FYI.

Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzboy

Exactly. I don't know how he turned this into a me being anti SC in Taiwan thread, but it's his thread, let him play with it.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Exactly. I don't know how he turned this into a me being anti SC in Taiwan thread, but it's his thread, let him play with it.
    The point of this thread is simply:

You posted this and I set the record straight. Simple as that. I didn't edit anything you posted, this is exactly what you said start to finish....and you were wrong.

No need to read anything else into it.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Next time, take a minute to check your facts. It's really not that difficult and you won't be called on it. Why no one did this in the Thread Jerk_Chicken tried to use as fact earlier, I have no idea. It took 2 minutes and Santa Cruz responded in less than 24 hours:

No problem Ryan,
    Feel free to let me know if you need any other info or assistance.

Santa Cruz, California
    [email protected]

On 2/8/08 7:20 AM, "Ryan Simmons" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks Scott. There was some BS going around which I thought was
    > incorrect. Thanks for setting things straight.
    >
    > Ryan

Next time, why not really go off the deep end and misquote some UFO websites or some religious cult? It would make about as much sense as just making up crap to try and make yourself look like you know what you're talking about.

Oct 2005

Comical. Throw them an email and ask if they almost put Turner out of production, as you mentioned Later man. Hope your day goes better

ps- no one cares about your thread.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Comical. Throw them an email and ask if they almost put Turner out of production, as you mentioned Later man. Hope your day goes better

ps- no one cares about your thread.
    Oh come on....you're giving up so easily? Don't hurt my feelings and leave. You can do better than this response.....what else don't we know about Santa Cruz?

I know you can come up with something good, I've seen some of your other posts on just about every Thread on this website. It's obvious you have an 'in' with every bike/frame/part manufacturer out there and have used every component ever manufactured. Give us something good. Come on, it's snowing like crazy here and there are no new bike DVD's coming out any time soon.

We had such a good thing!

Oct 2005
    Looks like flamebait.

Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider

Next time, why not really go off the deep end and misquote some UFO websites

Hey Man! Everything that is said on those site are true… If not what else would I have to do at night when I’m not riding my heckler?

I’m looking out for all of us.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Looks like flamebait.
    Not exactly what I was looking for, but you're coming along.

Now we have:

and

Looks like flamebait.

You know, the UFO topic came up again. Why not go down that rabbit hole? I know you have it in you. How about how Santa Cruz's Rob Roscopp (spelling?) is actually an alien in cahoots with the Taiwanese out to ruin mountain biking. Can you work with me here? I'll give you full credit for the story

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUFOS
    Hey Man! Everything that is said on those site are true… If not what else would I have to do at night when I’m not riding my heckler?

I’m looking out for all of us.
    Thanks, it's nice to know you're out there keeping us safe.

Nov 2007
    That’s on page 14 of the may 07edition week 3 of the “Weekly World News” That my friend… That was some serious reading!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUFOS
    That’s on page 14 of the may 07edition week 3 of the “Weekly World News” That my friend… That was some serious reading!
    I haven't slept much since reading it. I've been searching this site for more answers, but no one seems to be delivering.

Thanks for keeping the truth alive. You are definitely an inspiration to us all, even the non-believers.

Members who have read this thread: 0