Santa Cruz E-bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Santa Cruz E-bike

Boom. Everyone is getting in on the action apparently. Cool?, Total travesty?, Or Fake news?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz E-bike-santa-cruz-e-bike.jpg  

Last edited by KRob; 12-18-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    I am sure it will ruffle feathers. They are a business though. They want part of the action so I can’t blame them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Totally cool

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    There was a very similar image floating around here for a Yeti e-bike.

http://forums.mtbr.com/yeti/2018-yeti-real-1050341.html

Not saying Santa Cruz won't make an e-bike. Just calling BS on the image.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Comical fake, no SC styling and no VPP.

Rent this space for $
    As much as I hate eBikes, that's a cool looking frameset. There's no way Santa Cruz could pull that design out of their ass. I think it's April Fool's.

mtbr member
    Travesty

mtbr member
    I'm with the above calling BS.....lack of Reserve wheels even in early rendering is probably more damning than the uncharacteristic frame design and copyright watermark. Also, where is that dropper post supposed to go?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I think thats just bad photoshopping.

Myself im not that interested in ebikes, but i hope and think when sc does it, it will look better (more like a regular bike) than many of the other ebikes out there. Not like this lame futuristic stuff we will laugh at after ten years.

Thats one thing i give sc big credit for and am willing to pay little extra. Treyr bikes look bikes, not space shuttles from a scifi film from early 2000, like Pivot for example.

Though i know many will desagree...

mtbr member
    The folks at Santa Cruz aren't that dumb.

mtbr member
    JMO, but if you think SC is not going to do an eBike when the vast majority of Europe is going this direction you have lost your mind. I don't know if that is the bike, but there is one out there somewhere.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    JMO, but if you think SC is not going to do an eBike when the vast majority of Europe is going this direction you have lost your mind. I don't know if that is the bike, but there is one out there somewhere.
    While this may have been true a few years ago, after the Pon acquisition I don't know that it's the case anymore. If SC has to compromise some of their brand philosophies* and alienates some of their core market to produce an e-bike is it worthwhile when Focus already makes one? I am sure Cervelo is considering the same problem with road. If they were going to do anything I would think creating a stand-alone premium performance e-bike brand (as oxymoronic as that may sound) that can explicitly draw from the design experience of SC and Cervelo without tainting their own hard-core brand images with "impure" propulsion systems.

*edit: not like design philosophies but they are highly involved in land access and some of the biggest detractors of e-bikes list access issues as their main concern, and I don't think it makes sense to step on those toes

mtbr member
    This is not real

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    I don't know who in here buys those bikes. Something is totally lost with "e" fronting a word "bike".
    Roots, bloody roots

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    -Looks like a combination of a Mondraker and IBIS something-or-other......

Fake.
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

mtbr member
    This type of blasphemy makes me sick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Marin County, CA

mtbr member
    Rode a buddies new Kenevo in the grass in my yard yesterday for 5 minutes. It screwed with my brain so badly I could barely sleep last night. I want to hate it but....but...but........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Rode a buddies new Kenevo in the grass in my yard yesterday for 5 minutes. It screwed with my brain so badly I could barely sleep last night. I want to hate it but....but...but........
    Was just talking to another friend about his experience on a Turbo Levo yesterday. Said it was flat out the best experience he has had on a bike since as long as he can remember. His comments were that it made the climbs way more fun (not just getting them over with, but actual fun), the weight helped seat the bike better descending, etc. For perspective he is an ex World Cup racer and not some hack.

He liked it so much he is placing his order today.

Bikesexual
    I had never seen an ebike on the trails, until today, and to be honest, it pissed me off! Lol.. this guy flew by as I/we were crawling up a climb with terrible wind.

"Must be nice" is what I thought.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Rent this space for $
    In all my years of riding, I have never known a newby to get on a motorcycle for their very first time and NOT giggle with glee and have a shit eating grin. So, I guess we should allow those on trail, too?

mtbr member
    Agreed. Probably a fake photo shopped photo, but the larger question remains. Will/should Santa Cruz build and e-bike. Probably. Even if they only sell them in Europe you can't ignore the potential profitability.

I'm not against e-bikes. They have their place, just like motorcycles, and electric motorcycles, but I don't think they belong on non-motorized trails.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I had never seen an ebike on the trails, until today, and to be honest, it pissed me off! Lol.. this guy flew by as I/we were crawling up a climb with terrible wind.

That will never happen to me because I'm not going to let them catch me.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by pitdaddy View Post
    That will never happen to me because I'm not going to let them catch me.
    lol - this guy was actually flying by, and you could here the little motor zoom zoom zoom.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmj View Post
    Travesty
    true

Quote Originally Posted by pitdaddy View Post
    The folks at Santa Cruz aren't that dumb.
    no sir they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.T View Post
    I don't know who in here buys those bikes. Something is totally lost with "e" fronting a word "bike".
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by DriverB View Post
    This type of blasphemy makes me sick
    makes two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post

no doubt.

Professional MTBR Member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    I have a Kenevo.

It complements my N4 very nicely. I wouldn't part ways with either bike.

It's not a slippery slope that'll ruin your life.

mtbr member
    He liked it so much he is placing his order today.
    But where is he going to ride it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    But where is he going to ride it?

I'm sure just in his yard. Or maybe he will go from CDFG land to Wilderness trails, just as long as he doesn't touch any legal MTB trails I think everyone here will be happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nvphatty
    I'm sure just in his yard. Or maybe he will go from CDFG land to Wilderness trails, just as long as he doesn't touch any legal MTB trails I think everyone here will be happy.
    in his yard.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Santa Cruz will make a fat bike before they make an e-bike and they claim no plans to build a fat bike.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    in his yard.
    Circular Driveway
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    How can you say you hate ebikes? I bet years ago when cars came in to replace horses the same was being said.."I hate cars". not many horses on the roads now? I for one have never expelled so much energy..never been as exhausted never had so much fun..never once thought not going out today...rode specialized carbon S-works for years i would not go back..ever...I am having way too much fun no more waiting for lifts to the top.."theres no cheating in fun" and isn't that what its about? Don't hate... embrace change..can guarantee you will be on one in the next 10 years or you will end up the lone Rider (Horse analogy there) love and peace and power to your pedal.

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Could-Do-Better View Post
    How can you say you hate ebikes? I bet years ago when cars came in to replace horses the same was being said.."I hate cars". not many horses on the roads now? I for one have never expelled so much energy..never been as exhausted never had so much fun..never once thought not going out today...rode specialized carbon S-works for years i would not go back..ever...I am having way too much fun no more waiting for lifts to the top.."theres no cheating in fun" and isn't that what its about? Don't hate... embrace change..can guarantee you will be on one in the next 10 years or you will end up the lone Rider (Horse analogy there) love and peace and power to your pedal.
    It is simple.....bicycles don't have motors.

I suggest you do a little research over here first:
    https://forums.mtbr.com/e-bikes/
    Bicycles don’t have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The pic is a photoshop Mondaraker into some type of ebike with a Santa Cruz logo. Fake... Suspension is horst link too, SC would never do a horst linkage bike when they have VPP.

Will SC create an eBike who knows. I could care less, but someone might buy it, just not my cup of tea. I'm not interested in a 60-80lb bike with a motor. Rather keep my own motor in shape and keep my bike a couple ticks under 28lbs and I'm good. ONe of my buddies swears that ebikes is cheating, not sure how he constantly believes that but...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Neither did photograpghy cameras some decades ago.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Santa Cruz is leaving a lot of money on table by not having an e-bike. I'm a bit surprised if their owners are not pushing them on this matter? After all it's business. I do remember that Rob Roskopp was against e-bikes, but that was years ago and the market has changed a lot since, and they sold the company.

mtbr member
    Maybe they want to stick with bicycles?
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    E-Bikes are basically banned everywhere on the trails around the Santa Cruz offices. I don't see them investing in any e-bike (scooter) development anytime soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mehukatti View Post
    Santa Cruz is leaving a lot of money on table by not having an e-bike. I'm a bit surprised if their owners are not pushing them on this matter? After all it's business. I do remember that Rob Roskopp was against e-bikes, but that was years ago and the market has changed a lot since, and they sold the company.
    They left a lot of money on the table by not making a fat bike either, and guess what, they are still doing just fine. They tend to make the bikes they believe in, not just profit from. If they don't want to make an e-bike, so be it. There's plenty of others that will.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountfargo.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mehukatti View Post
    I'm actually kinda surprised too. Pon is Dutch and e-bikes are HUDGE in Euroland.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mnpikey View Post
    E-Bikes are basically banned everywhere on the trails around the Santa Cruz offices. I don't see them investing in any e-bike (scooter) development anytime soon.
    But the vast majority of those trails (at least the fun ones) are, uh, currently undocumented. Does it matter what kind of bike you ride on a trail that doesn't exist?!

I'm seeing more and more of them on the trails around SC--and more of them ridden by pros. And more of my friends are riding them! Ebikes account for about 1/3 of the sales at some of the local shops. You may not like them, but they are the future.
    "I will absolutely apologize hopefully sometime in the distant future if I'm ever wrong." ~ Donnie Bonespurs

mtbr member
    May 2005

Santa Cruz E-bike

eDH bikes make a ton of sense. With the world becoming more environmentally conscious, I can see people ditching the shuttle truck for eDH rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Callender View Post
    But the vast majority of those trails (at least the fun ones) are, uh, currently undocumented. Does it matter what kind of bike you ride on a trail that doesn't exist?!

I'm seeing more and more of them on the trails around SC--and more of them ridden by pros. And more of my friends are riding them! Ebikes account for about 1/3 of the sales at some of the local shops. You may not like them, but they are the future.
    This is 100% true. Seeing them all over UCSC now and looking at 2019 I can’t think of a single mid size and up MTB company that doesn’t have at least one ebike in their line up. Honestly it’s a bit surprising SC is waiting this long. I would be really surprised if something doesn’t show up 2020 now that their entire MTB line has basically been revised and all using modern geometries and specs, some more aggressive than others but basically all are comparable to competitors offerings. So where is their biggest hole in their lineup? No ebike, they’ve effectively taken themselves out of a growing market and one with a rather high dollar value too.

mtbr member
    I hope they call it the Power-tower.

If anyone of you still think SC won’t make an ebike, you’re living in the past.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I think people are forgetting Santa Cruz is owned by another company. That company also owns e-bike specific brands. If they wanted SC to make an e-bike, SC would have an e-bike on the market.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Santa Cruz E-bike

Santa Cruz is a mainstream bike company these days. Don’t kid yourself, they are not too different from the big S or T brands. Ebikes make sense and more importantly, they make money.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    So I was riding some local Santa Cruz trails today when a guy sped by me on an ebike that said Santa Cruz on the downtube. It happened pretty quick so I didn’t get a good look but I’m about 90% sure that’s what I saw. I reminded me of a levo but a little louder, and the Santa Cruz decals were outlined lettering like the old school decals instead of solid lettering. I think it was a very dark blue, almost black and looked pretty low profile, definitely carbon. Who knows 🤷🏻*♂️ But maybe something is coming down the pipe pretty soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Straight from the reps mouth when the MT was released (spring 2019). You will see an Ebike but it won't be this year.

mtbr member
    I wonder what kind of bike it will be (travel/wheel size). My gut says it will be bronson based but maybe with a 29 inch front wheel? I am also guessing price will be extreme.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Supposed to drop next week. Anyone have an image? Anyone know which motor it will have?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by akaktm View Post
    Supposed to drop next week. Anyone have an image? Anyone know which motor it will have?
    Highly doubt this, it’s not close enough to spring/sea otter time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You'll see. Watch Thursday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Mega Watt powered by Tesla

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have heard this as well.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    It's rides like this why I may consider selling a few of my bikes and get an ebike:

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7049881/wilds-loop

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Are batteries at the point they'd last an epic ride like that? Any time I've taken an ebike out to where I normally shuttle, it's good for like maybe 2 laps before the battery is mostly cooked. Whereas I've pedaled up to 5, but that's a big day, similar to something like that ride I guess (more vertical, less overall distance, but probably similar time)

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Yeah, I can see where for that ride, there's a LOT of budgeting you'll have to do...eco mode for most of the road work and trail for most of the trail above treeline, and turbo only for super punchy stuff on the Continental Divide Trail. And with that ride, there's also a LOT of sustained down where you can turn your system off...?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    You don't need to have an e-bike for this route, yes it would be easier but the numbers are not that extreme.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    For a long time Santa Cruz purists said SC would never release an ebike. Truth is, whether you love or hate them, ebikes are becoming more popular. When Pivot released the Shuttle, the writing was on the wall for other boutique brands to eventually release them. If it is true and the bike does get revealed Thursday, it comes as no surprise imo. I don’t find a need for an ebike personally, but they will inevitably become more popular.

mtbr member
    Soooooo, are we really one day away??? LOL Even if its super rad, I cant see it pulling me way from a Decoy. I cannot fathom they are going to present the same value, but it would be nice to see someone compete with the refinement of the Levo. Screw it...make us proud SC.
    Santa Cruz HT2

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    There was a reported sighting of SC bike with a Bosch motor in Socal a few days ago...friend of a friend....

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    hahaha

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    It's Thursday....

mtbr member
    tick, tock, tick, tock....lolololol
    Santa Cruz HT2

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    When companies or politicians what to sneak some news out, they do it on Fridays late..

I thought in the past SC revealed bikes on Mondays, who knows, may be fake news. hahha

mtbr member
    This like the dooms day reverend who keeps predicting the apocalypse and then it never happens

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    damn I just got my new vision prescription and seems they got it wrong cause I am not seeing any E bike.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Dammit! Looks like I need to climb those 7,400 ft under my own power...

mtbr member
    Which Thursday of which month and year?
    2020 SC Hightower v2
    2019 Spec. Stumpjumper
    2018 SC Hightower v1
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2004 Spec. Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It's here and I rode it earlier

Santa Cruz E-bike-untitled-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Santa Cruz flipped a coin and decided to announce the 27.5 DH rims instead.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Janner View Post
    It's here and I rode it earlier

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	510.4 KB 
ID:	1305857
    So we see the "E" part, but where's the motor?
    I guess a more accurate question is where do the terminals connect to...not something like this I hope!

Santa Cruz E-bike-40005455.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by voghan View Post
    Santa Cruz flipped a coin and decided to announce the 27.5 DH rims instead.
    yes because SC has never released two products on the same day before. Riiight.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I really want this to be true as I recently sold my shuttle and am looking at a new e bike to pair with my megatower but I haven't heard anything about a SC e bike anytime soon. Hav heard Specialized has something imporessive coming soon but would be surprised if we see something from SC.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Don’t kid yourself, SC is no different than Trek or Specialized. Funny how the masses still think SC is a small brand but roll up at any trail head and all you see are Brondos, Megos and Hightoes. SC is all about the masses and the masses want ebikes. I have no issues with ebikes and I’m sure the big SC doesn’t either.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by cblesius View Post
    I really want this to be true as I recently sold my shuttle and am looking at a new e bike to pair with my megatower but I haven't heard anything about a SC e bike anytime soon. Hav heard Specialized has something imporessive coming soon but would be surprised if we see something from SC.
    What have you heard from specialized? I’d love to see their creo tec cross into emtb

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I definitely think they will have one but don't think it's soon. I work in the industry and usually hear at least a month or two ahead unless this is extremely tight lipped.

mtbr member
    If you are a fan of the Bronson you will be stoked.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Whenever they do release their first e bike I definitely trust SC to make something dialed. Hope its either 29 Front and Rear or Mullet.
    Last edited by cblesius; 01-19-2020 at 09:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Over here waiting for the vid to drop..

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    It will come sooner or later. Someone posted above said last Thursday. That’s obviously wrong as there’s no news, but SC will release one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Santa Cruz E-bike-f453bb64-d226-4f74-aca3-2891f560d21c.jpeg

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ruiabreu View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F453BB64-D226-4F74-ACA3-2891F560D21C.jpeg 
Views:	298 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	1306491
    Danny Mac on a 5010 V3.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    BB area does look bigger. Was really hoping it would be lower link but with the motor being down there maybe that would make it tough.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    That's a nice fake. That is Danny's 5010 and can be seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGj8Q0wdYak

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Really hoping some info releases on this sooner than later. Have been eyeing that new Cannondale e bike that Bryceland is riding but very curious to see what SC does as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I really don't think they will announce anything till April if they have an e-bike ready to go. I'd think they would want to show it off at Sea Otter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I don't think it's really in a bigger brands best interest to wait til sea otter to launch a bike. While it would be good to have their bikes there to demo, you don't want to get lost in the massive news cycle that is sea otter. Instead brands are opting to have their own media days where the fly in the media to a location or simply send the bike to the online publications and pay for a review, so, they can have the complete spotlight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    What bike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoi525 View Post
    I don't think it's really in a bigger brands best interest to wait til sea otter to launch a bike. While it would be good to have their bikes there to demo, you don't want to get lost in the massive news cycle that is sea otter. Instead brands are opting to have their own media days where the fly in the media to a location or simply send the bike to the online publications and pay for a review, so, they can have the complete spotlight.
    That's right. It's exactly what SC have been doing for quite a while now anyway. What was the last bike they released at Sea Otter or Interbike?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ongomera View Post
    That's right. It's exactly what SC have been doing for quite a while now anyway. What was the last bike they released at Sea Otter or Interbike?
    The Megatower.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    The Megatower was released 1 month before Sea Otter. Not quite at Sea Otter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    The Megatower was released 1 month before Sea Otter. Not quite at Sea Otter.
    Doesn't really matter because there is no eBike coming from Santa Cruz.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Haha anyways.....back on topic. Hoping it's more like a E Megatower or Mullet Bronson similar to the Tazer or Decoy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    The Megatower.
    Not really.
    I was referring to the actual Sea Otter releases, where they first show the bike there. Like the Nomad v3
    They don't seem to do that anymore; it is more of a "let the media ride it before, on some paid-for-review/comment jaunt, and release it sometime with all the press ready to go up at the same time"

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I think SC--and everybody else--will be chasing Specialized after they drop their new Levo. Smaller batteries and 40 pounds!

Sub-40 blinged out! I may have to pull the trigger this spring.
    Last edited by Callender; 01-26-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    "I will absolutely apologize hopefully sometime in the distant future if I'm ever wrong." ~ Donnie Bonespurs

Formerly dvo
    Quote Originally Posted by Callender View Post
    I think SC--and everybody else--will be chasing Specialized after they drop their new Levo. Smaller batteries and 40 pounds!
    Yep, but they will chase.
    I'm the problem....

mtbr member
    Say whaaaaa

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbrdan View Post
    Yep, but they will chase.
    And the last time I checked, there's a direct correlation between battery size/weight and amp-hour...or in the case of ebikes, watt-hour. So when that lighter/smaller Speculumized power is done and the rider is pushing said 40 lbs bike, that 50 lbs chaser might just cruise right on by...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    ^ That's what the smaller "extender" batteries are for!

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Sc ebike releases week Tuesday 🤫

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig1979 View Post
    Sc ebike releases week Tuesday 🤫
    As in 2/4 or the week after?

mtbr member
    The decoy 29 at $4400 has absolutely set the bar right now as far as I’m concerned. Damn that thing is a smoking deal. This thing better come in hot, especially since I know it ain’t gonna be cheap.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I have a feeling it'll be priced like a Shuttle. $7500 for decent build and $10500 for top of the line.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I'm really curious if it will be a lower link set up and how that will fit with the motor and battery.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    As in 2/4 or the week after?
    Since we’re all just guessing I’m gonna go with it being released in a year. Whether that is 2020,2021,2022 I don’t know but it will definitely be in some year.

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Release date 11th Feb

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Not long to wait

Davie miller
    Feb 2020

Your wrong 👍

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    I'm really curious if it will be a lower link set up and how that will fit with the motor and battery.
    Vpd lower 👍

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Is It 27 or 29?
    how much battery?

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Garru View Post
    Is It 27 or 29?
    how much battery?
    Based on a Bronson so 27.5 dude i dont think battery be no more than 500 ah only bike running bigger battery on shimano is norco I think $7000 entry to top spec $12500

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    bronoson(ish) 150/160mm
    27.5 2.5 tires
    shimano e8000 504wh
    44lbs +-

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gbcoke View Post
    bronoson(ish) 150/160mm
    27.5 2.5 tires
    shimano e8000 504wh
    44lbs +-

👍 available in two colours

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gbcoke View Post
    bronoson(ish) 150/160mm
    27.5 2.5 tires
    shimano e8000 504wh
    44lbs +-

If this is true I won't be too impressed. There's a lot of ebikes out there currently with nearly the same spec at way cheaper price. Really was hoping for Bosch Gen 4.

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    If this is true I won't be too impressed. There's a lot of ebikes out there currently with nearly the same spec at way cheaper price. Really was hoping for Bosch Gen 4.
    Its E8000

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I know I was just hoping it would have been Bosch Gen 4. I have had a Pivot Shuttle and Intense Tazer both of which use Shimano motors which feel fairly good but the new Bosch is supposed to be better, lighter and quieter. Especially with the supposed new 35 pound Levo coming this thing is really going to have to find a way to shine. It sounds like it’s going to be a Decoy that’s literally double the price. If reports are true and it’s 27.5 with a Shimano motor with 504w battery I’ll either be getting a decoy or looking at the new Cannondale Moterra that Josh Bryceland is riding.

mtbr member
    Shimano really needs a bigger battery. It's a bulletproof drive unit which is a big plus but they are falling behind if they can't get bigger battery capacity.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I am not here much... but I never give bad info.

A drop is imminent.

160/150 - Bronson-ish as someone stated is true.

Look for a throwback name.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Bullet ...

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman3371 View Post
    Thrown how far back...Outland back or not quite that far?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    Shimano really needs a bigger battery. It's a bulletproof drive unit which is a big plus but they are Shimano if they can't get bigger battery capacity.
    When has Shimano fell behind before?? I know dumb question.......
    I Pity The Fool That Can't Ride A Bike Without A Dropper!!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Tazmon! Fitting as their 1st bike was the Tazmon and this will be their 1st ebike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Heckler.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I really wish it would be a 29", like Specialized and others are doing. The just presented Levo SL is really interesting too, but I guess that Santa Cruz is coming out with a "full power" eMTB. Let's hope it doesn't come out with something that feels already "old".

For the name, I'd love they would have used Bullit for the Megatower (champion of the lame names), so maybe we still have hopes for a cool name on this home, Heckler would be cool too.

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Photo of bike on fb Santa Cruz owners page

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Photo of bike on fb Santa Cruz owners page
    Post it or can you dm me the pic?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Santa Cruz E-bike-img-20200205-wa0004.jpg

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Tried to but didn't know how lol
    Same pic as above

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Heckler.
    That was my guess also.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yep, that looks like an ebike.

I'm predicting a huge price. The latest Specialized ebike tops out in the price range of a lightly used Honda Civic. SC ebike will be an easy $12k.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member
    I'm actually surprised it's taking SC this long...it was only a matter of time.

I do wonder though: what will SC bring to the e-table? I mean, reviews of the new Spec indicate that it's VERY dialed. YT's Decoy has the "inexpensive, but quality market" covered. Pivot's Shuttle was kind of the first "boutique" e-bike. Intense has the e-VPP covered. ...and there's every mfg making something in between all of those.

What would be the interest/market in a $~$9000ish (just a guess) e-bike from SC...other than SC fans who just want an SC? Not hating...I wonder the same thing about Yeti's inevitable e-offering

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I'm actually surprised it's taking SC this long...it was only a matter of time.

I do wonder though: what will SC bring to the e-table? I mean, reviews of the new Spec indicate that it's VERY dialed. YT's Decoy has the "inexpensive, but quality market" covered. Pivot's Shuttle was kind of the first "boutique" e-bike. Intense has the e-VPP covered. ...and there's every mfg making something in between all of those.

What would be the interest/market in a $~$9000ish (just a guess) e-bike from SC...other than SC fans who just want an SC? Not hating...I wonder the same thing about Yeti's inevitable e-offering
    I'm always amazed at how many people "need" all their bikes to be the same brand, even people who can afford whatever they want.

SC hasn't had many misses on target market, so we'll see, the only misses lately are their color options!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What's the original bike name? Tamzon or something?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Garru View Post
    Looks a bit fake to me. That motor looks bolted on and if it was a full build wouldn't it have oem maxxis tyres with white logos?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim0905 View Post
    Looks a bit fake to me. That motor looks bolted on and if it was a full build wouldn't it have oem maxxis tyres with white logos?
    The higher end sc bikes come with legit yellow badge tires sometimes. When I got the nomad 4 when it came out, the x01 build had full fledged minions on it.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by austink26 View Post
    The higher end sc bikes come with legit yellow badge tires sometimes. When I got the nomad 4 when it came out, the x01 build had full fledged minions on it.

Ah right ok. I’m still not convinced by that pic though. The bb area and cable entry point up the top look a bit rough for an SC bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The orientation of the down tube and battery to the motor looks correct compared to my YT. The YT has more of a carbon shroud around the middle and top of motor tho. It looks kinda legitimate..if SC is trying to shave weight the design looks reasonable.

mtbr member

Superlight?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    50 lbs superlight..ha like my friend whose 6 7 we called him Tiny.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Hahahaha lol ebikes I just don't get it. For commuting to work and for the disabled maybe, but for everything else whats the point!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulus View Post
    Hahahaha lol ebikes I just don't get it. For commuting to work and for the disabled maybe, but for everything else whats the point!
    ummmm....b/c they're fun. <shrug> They also seem to be a good training tool...or so the pros say so.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    ummmm....b/c they're fun. <shrug> They also seem to be a good training tool...or so the pros say so.
    Call me a puritan. I had dirt bikes for years and have gotten back into MTB for the fitness and simplicity. Ebikes muddy the waters between the two and it doesn't sit well with me, I have yet to make up my mind.

mtbr member
    Call me a puritan. I had dirt bikes for years and have gotten back into MTB for the fitness and simplicity. Ebikes muddy the waters between the two and it doesn't sit well with me, I have yet to make up my mind.
    Me too. I don't own one and won't (until I have to or give up). I also don't think they are "bikes." But I also get why people like them. And, as long as they're ridden in legal areas, who am I to begrudge someone their fun.

But, this argument is for a different thread.

mtbr member
    They are most definitely a great training tool especially for enduro and DH. Heck XC even.
    For the gravity pursuits it is pretty obvious as it lets you get way more descending in without killing yourself on the climbs.

For all pursuits it lets you do recovery pace rides on trails. I've personally sworn off road riding due to txting and population growth in my area so being able to get in mellow pace rides but still be on trails, not bike paths, is awesome.

Biggest thing though is they are damn fun. If everyone let go of their ego and just rode them and forgot about all the issues I think very few would not like them.

Personally I think SC's entry is great but to make it 27.5" is a big miss. If it's mullet but with a non plus rear end then I will be interested but at 6'1" 29ers are my preference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

How's that crow taste?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    How's that crow taste?
    This fake looks better than the last one.

Trail Ninja
    I see a thin wire coming from the right side of headtube, but isn't the remote on the left side? That big bulky thing by the grip on left side maybe, with a well hidden wire? Don't see anything securing it to the Reverb line. Don't see the speed sensor... maybe hidden by the dropout with magnet on rotor?

Pretty good photoshop if fake. I'll wait for emtbs get much steeper STA and/or get rid of the extended CS lengths. Betting new standards and other emtb innovations happen by then too.
    "The challenge is not in developing new ideas, but in escaping old ideas."

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

I own a 2020 Tallboy, a 2020 Hightower, a 2020 Nomad and a 2019 Blur.

I am now the proud owner of a 2020 Levo Carbon.

This bike had a purpose. It's you, only more of you and faster.

This bike will now get me out when I don't feel like it. It Beats the trainer. I am getting a better workout on it vs the trainer. The Garmin numbers don't lie. I wanted it for exploring the Laurel Highlands on the gravel roads for 40-50 miles...

That's why......

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

I am now the proud owner of a 2020 Levo Carbon.

This bike had a purpose. It's you, only more of you and faster.

This bike will now get me out when I don't feel like it. It Beats the trainer. I am getting a better workout on it vs the trainer. The Garmin numbers don't lie. I wanted it for exploring the Laurel Highlands on the gravel roads for 40-50 miles...

That's why......

Ohh that's ok, I spent my money on a car for that kind of stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I like variety. I am hobbyist. I have cars too.

Trail Ninja
    Wonder what the lower linkage and driveside chainstay look like. Can't imagine the lower link extending to the bottom of rear swingarm, being fixed somewhere above/behind the motor. Guessing like the hard point is right where the crankarm overlaps the swingarm, which would make the shock actuating part of it long. Odd place for charge port, under shock. Still skeptical if it's real, but looking as if it were real anyways.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Santa Cruz E-bike

It's real. Trust me!

I have a great line on info.

Shimano motor, Bronson-ish. 4 models varying in component build, I believe all carbon, no aluminum. 27.5 wheels.

Top build AXS, I'm sure reserve wheels at the cost.

In fact when I found out, I was asked "do you want one"..

Me: I bought my Levo two weeks ago

Yes, it's real.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    It's real. Trust me!

I have a great line on info.

Shimano motor, Bronson-ish. 4 models varying in component build, I believe all carbon, no aluminum. 27.5 wheels.

Top build AXS, I'm sure reserve wheels at the cost.

In fact when I found out, I was asked "do you want one"..

Me: I bought my Levo two weeks ago

Yes, it's real.

Well I'm disappointed coz that pic above looks crap

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dealer tests are currently happening in Toscana, Italy. :-)

Trail Rider
    Looks like all of the other e-bikes out there. What has become of this world now that Spez is actually innovating instead of just claiming that they do?!
    2020 Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqmike View Post
    I'm always amazed at how many people "need" all their bikes to be the same brand, even people who can afford whatever they want.
    True, I love my HT (and all of the other SC bikes I have owned) but when I eventually buy an E-bike, it'll most likely be a Levo SL.

mtbr member
    Ride the two YT decoys at their HQ today while out here on business. Blew my mind to be honest, while in the $5k range. Like I said above, I’m really having a hard time not just going YT at this point. I just know this bike is gonna be stupid money. Lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    Looks like all of the other e-bikes out there. What has become of this world now that Spez is actually innovating instead of just claiming that they do?!
    Actually Specialized has been a leader in inovation as they claim, SWAT box, SWAT saddle, water bottle cage EMT tool, headset chain tool or mutli tool, ribbed (for her pleasure) chainstay protection... and now e-bike tech.
    2020 SC Hightower v2
    2019 Spec. Stumpjumper
    2018 SC Hightower v1
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2004 Spec. Stumpjumper

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesher123 View Post
    Actually Specialized has been a leader in inovation as they claim, SWAT box, SWAT saddle, water bottle cage EMT tool, headset chain tool or mutli tool, ribbed (for her pleasure) chainstay protection... and now e-bike tech.
    Touche!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    will be next week. stamp it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post

Biggest thing though is they are damn fun. If everyone let go of their ego and just rode them and forgot about all the issues I think very few would not like them.

This. I rode a Specialized Levo last weekend, just around in circles and was smiling ear to ear. His buddy had a YT Decoy. They were lapping us on our flow trail and slope line like 10:1. Dude on the Decoy hit our second to biggest Drop D4, which is a 17'-19' drop with a 20'+ long table after it. On a 50lb e-bike. How can you not like that?

That being said, I've almost had head-on collisions twice now with under-skilled riders hauling ass on e-bikes. So I don't think they're for everyone, IMO.
    2019 Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C. R Build, in Purple.
    Spank//i9//Deity//Magura//DVO

mtbr member
    Also the first major manufacturer with a true new school geo bike in the SJ Evo

Trail Ninja
    Which SJ EVO? There were SJ Evos back in the 26" days.

Spec has a lot of patents that haven't made it to market. Used to have fun following them.

https://patents.google.com/?assignee...ort=new&page=1

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    hahahaha

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    It may not be the wisest thing to shell out big bucks for Santa Cruz e-bike if it comes with Shimano E8000 motor, since Shimano is coming out with E9000 later this year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Maybe it's the new shimano motor..

Professional Troll
    Doing more vert, faster? It's hard to believe there's a mountain biker out there who doesn't understand wanting to go more, bigger, faster.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Santa Cruz E-bike-s1200_62f6f800_6081_4fa0_bdf2_c2e7abb577fe.jpg

Another deep fake.

mtbr member
    I think people are forgetting Santa Cruz is owned by another company. That company also owns e-bike specific brands. If they wanted SC to make an e-bike, SC would have an e-bike on the market.
    ...and they will :-)
    Largest NorCal XC Race Series
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    http://www.UavTechReview.com
    Best in the West!

Davie miller
    Feb 2020
    Not long now guys go to bed early might be surprise when u wake up 😎

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    go to bed early might be surprise when u wake up 😎
    Can't go to bed early, Big wave challenge at Nazare is on tonight (it's going berserk)...or European morning

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Does anyone know if the motor drive axle can be replaced so ppl can use thir eeWings cranks?

mtbr member
    most importantly, what are they calling this thing? surprised that hasnt leaked yet

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    24mm spindle for the shimano motor. ee wings are 30mm. I'd rather have a shorter crank anyways for an ebike then 170 or 175mm the ee wings currently come in. 165mm or less would be better.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    24mm spindle for the shimano motor. ee wings are 30mm. I'd rather have a shorter crank anyways for an ebike then 170 or 175mm the ee wings currently come in. 165mm or less would be better.
    I can totally see that re: 165. I also have a couple of sets of RF SixCs in 165...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight70 View Post
    I can totally see that re: 165. I also have a couple of sets of RF SixCs in 165...
    do you guys have any current e-bikes, or have you ever worked on one, or looked closely?

my father in law owns 3. he just turned 70, so I don't give him the least bit of shit about them, in fact, they've helped him ride with his sons (in law) and see a lot more singletrack.

anyway, I have not disassembled his crank & motor assembly on any bike but there is definitely an internal gear and a tiny chainring with his Bosch-equipped Treks, and that alone tells me that standard cranks wouldn't work.

I honestly do not see Santa Cruz going the Shimano route. There is very little Shimano in the current factory builds.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinL View Post
    do you guys have any current e-bikes, or have you ever worked on one, or looked closely?

my father in law owns 3. he just turned 70, so I don't give him the least bit of shit about them, in fact, they've helped him ride with his sons (in law) and see a lot more singletrack.

anyway, I have not disassembled his crank & motor assembly on any bike but there is definitely an internal gear and a tiny chainring with his Bosch-equipped Treks, and that alone tells me that standard cranks wouldn't work.

I honestly do not see Santa Cruz going the Shimano route. There is very little Shimano in the current factory builds.
    No, not yet.
    I have knee issues...loose ACL that causes irritation in my patellar tendon. I go for a 20+ mile ride and I'm not riding for a couple of days after so my knees can heal. This isn't sustainable to me.

I'm running 28T oval ring to Shimano's 10-51...about as wide a range w/o having to drop down to 26T ring and inducing that inchworming action out of the rear of the bike. So, I can totally see either a Garbaruk 10-52 cassette, or go eMTB.

I also ride DH, so the nuances of tossing around a 40+ pound bike ins't something foreign. And, I can totally see DH rated parts will work just fine for eMTBs...hence the previous SixC comment.

Oh, and I also want to keep riding till I'm 70

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You need shimano ebike cranks they are both removable arms no axle..

mtbr member
    Here they are in a Santa Cruz video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p42r17B53-c

shredthögnar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz E-bike-hhiuniw.jpg  

shredthögnar

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Like a 2017 Pivot shuttle..

mtbr member
    May 2014

mtbr member
    2020 SC Hightower v2
    2019 Spec. Stumpjumper
    2018 SC Hightower v1
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2004 Spec. Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Heckler.
    Those that know know!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Heckler. Overpriced and a 2 year old specification on the motor and battery. Did they copy the 2017 Pivot Shuttle? Did they notice the sub-$5k YT models or the 700 battery and Brose motors in the Levo. You’d have to be a real SC fan to get one.

mtbr member
    It looks nice but I like what Specialized has done with the Turbo Levo SL... If I ever decide to go the eMTBike route I would prefer a SL (Super Light) 29er bike based on the the Hightower or Tallboy... I am not at all ready for an eMTBike at this point of my life but the day will come... I can wait until the technology catches up to what I want
    :-)
    2020 SC Hightower v2
    2019 Spec. Stumpjumper
    2018 SC Hightower v1
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2004 Spec. Stumpjumper

shredthögnar
    It looks nice but I like what Specialized has done with the Turbo Levo SL... If I ever decide to go the eMTBike route I would prefer a SL (Super Light) 29er bike based on the the Hightower or Tallboy... I am not at all ready for an eMTBike at this point of my life but the day will come... I can wait until the technology catches up to what I want
    :-)
    yep thinking exactly the same

happy im under 40 so these things will get better before im old enough

Trail Rider
    probably get an e-bike in 7 years (I'll be 57, retiring). Imagine the tech progression over that amount of time. It's going to be a good retirement present.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_futurist View Post
    yep thinking exactly the same

happy im under 40 so these things will get better before im old enough
    Just out of curiosity, what would be an age that would require an e-bike? Surely is it not forty nor fifty.
    Roots, bloody roots

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think the aesthetics look good for an e-bike. I'm not up on all the different motor and battery tech, but if I were to get an e-bike I think I'd opt for range over weight. It's an e-bike so it won't be as light as a conventional bike. Depending on the planned uses, I could definitely see others choosing the lighter weight option e-bikes though.

mtbr member
    LOL my comment did not age well.

But now I want to know, why would you use a Shimano computer, build bars for Di2 (or at least, named Di2?) .. and then use a Sram shifter and derailleur?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Having been on a 50lb Kenevo. Weight is a factor in the fun factor of these bikes. You feel very grounded on the bike and can't throw it around with ease. But never thought going uphill could be fun too. There is definitely a give and take when it comes to wanting a lot of range and keeping the weight low. Supposedly there has been some significant developments with Lithium Sulphur batteries that would dramatically increase range. I'm not too particularly impressed with the new SC e-bike for the reasons others of stated, just feels over priced and late to the party. Though I will give them credit for taking their low link and getting it on one, something Specialized didn't do using the Enduro design on the new Kenevo.

on a routine expedition

This fake looks better than the last one.

“It sometimes requires ignorance and arrogance to know something for sure.”
    ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Willanholly View Post
    “It sometimes requires ignorance and arrogance to know something for sure.”
    ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
    You got me. SC build an e-bike. Now you can go out and spend $8400 (D build is crap) on a bike that is DOA.

Trail Ninja
    Seb Kemp in a NSMB interview SC said that chainstay length dictated wheel size.

NSMB: What existing Santa Cruz model do you expect the Heckler to ride most similarly to? Obviously the wheel size and travel seem closest to the Bronson, but there are other factors at play here.

Seb Kemp, Santa Cruz Brand Manager: The Bronson is the most fun, playful and all-round capable bike we make. Lots of people love it because of how it loves back wheel, it pops when needed, it'll handle the roughest trails and it's really intuitive to ride. Rear chainstay length is critical on ebikes. You want enough length that the front is planted but you don't want it too long because then bike handles like a telephone pole. 445mm chainstays was the target and 27.5-inch wheels were the only way to package that.
    Bottom line for me is the comparison to other options on the market. Them trying to pull a Kellyanne Conway with their PR wording only makes me more repulsed. I agree with it being a dated design, similar to the Pivot Shuttle. Shuttle is a solid performer worthy of copying at least. It's just that I hoped for something more cutting edge.

What am I waiting/hoping for? Well, something like the Privateer 161, but with motor, to put it simply. Next age geo (steep STA), chainstay balanced with the FC, and quality and performance at a hot price point. I'm open to mullet designs, 27.5 rear 29 front, to get the chainstay shorter on smaller sizes.

jvo
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Seb Kemp in a NSMB interview SC said that chainstay length dictated wheel size.

Bottom line for me is the comparison to other options on the market. Them trying to pull a Kellyanne Conway with their PR wording only makes me more repulsed. I agree with it being a dated design, similar to the Pivot Shuttle. Shuttle is a solid performer worthy of copying at least. It's just that I hoped for something more cutting edge.

What am I waiting/hoping for? Well, something like the Privateer 161, but with motor, to put it simply. Next age geo (steep STA), chainstay balanced with the FC, and quality and performance at a hot price point. I'm open to mullet designs, 27.5 rear 29 front, to get the chainstay shorter on smaller sizes.
    You hit some good points on the 27.5 rear,29 front - Mulllet. I do believe SC is testing Mullets on a few bikes - not just Ebikes. There was also a very strong hint in the Blind Bobbby Podcast w/ Roskopp regarding the mullet bikes and the benefits. I am hoping this is the future case w/ bikes in general. Once I spent some time on a few I really see the benefits. We will see w/ time.

Trail Ninja
    Pivot claims that Super Boost 157 moved the chainline 3mm further outboard over Boost 148, which gave them the ability to get 438mm chainstays with 29x2.5 tire clearance. GG, Cannondale, and Liteville offset their Boost 148 rear ends to the right by 3mm over boost, and re-dish the rear wheel to get shorter CS.

The longer CS and the battery (~7 lbs) weights the front, but sitting on the seat will weight the rear. The torque from the motor makes the front more likely to lift when sitting, and when standing there won't be as much traction on the rear due to long CS. Some brands counter this with a plus rear tire, but those tires don't plow at speed very well. Hitting the brakes for bumps or trying to ride lighter to compensate for plus tires is unideal.

I don't trust Santa Cruz's words and get the impression that you gotta be a fanatic to place so much trust/faith in them. Doubt people gotta worry about emtb takeovers soon anyways, as I doubt people can afford them. Prices in general rose, in large part due to the tariffs on Chinese imports like 25% on ebikes, but those were removed and prices weren't lowered again to reflect. I'll let the product speak for itself, without all the brand BS.