Rumors on new Tallboy LTc?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Rumors on new Tallboy LTc?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Any rumors on when a new model might be released that has some of the features of the Nomad? I know the super short chainstays with only 1x compatibility is a pipe dream, but wonder about the internal routing, and a possible geometry update with slacker HT so I don't have to use an angleset.

Should I buy or wait a few weeks? Want to have something by the end of April. I can always buy a new frame and sell this one, but if it's a few weeks, I can wait.

-Tom

rdb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The Tallboy LTc was released in 2012. Probably too soon for an upgrade because of the expense of new carbon molds. Last year SC released Bronson April 1st, then Tallboy 2 in early June. The Tallboy 1 was 4 years old at that time. I would think the earliest you would see Tallboy LTc update would be April of 2015. Of course, it all depends on how well LTc is still selling. If they aren't selling well, SC has more incentive for a refresh.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Any rumors on when a new model might be released that has some of the features of the Nomad? I know the super short chainstays with only 1x compatibility is a pipe dream, but wonder about the internal routing, and a possible geometry update with slacker HT so I don't have to use an angleset.

Should I buy or wait a few weeks? Want to have something by the end of April. I can always buy a new frame and sell this one, but if it's a few weeks, I can wait.

-Tom
    Buy a TB LTc. At the very most, it might get the internal routing, but I think that's unlikely. Also, immediately upgrade the rear shock. Consider going with a Pike at 150mm if you want a slacker front end. That's currently how I'm riding mine (CCDBA-CS in the back). I think a fully revised TBLTc is still a year out at the earliest, and possibly 2.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I agree with hill, get an LTc with a Pike 150 and you won't need an angle set. I have an LTc and recently added a Pike-150mm. The front came up a little and the head angle slacked a little. I rode 5 loops in Moab on Monday and it was fantastic. I ran into ledges and rocks when off angle, out of shape and praying the bike would re-cover for me. It did.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The plan is for both. Angleset with 140mm for the east coast riding and then 150mm with Angleset for the EWS events....

Or an Intense Carbine 29 with a 140mm. What to do

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Emailed SC about a new Tallboy LT a few weeks ago. Here is the response I got back.

No Tallboy-LT design changes planned for the immediate future.
    The fairly recent frame update that added the cable routing for Stealth
    dropper seat posts is it for now.