Protection?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Protection?

mtbr member
    May 2008

Protection?

My '08 Heckler is on the way. As a newbie, I want my most prized posession to be protected.

What do you use to protect your frames from chainslaps, cable rubs and scratches that might result from everyday wear and tear?

Thanks.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    I have a black ano blur, use electrical tape for cable rub, lizard skin on the chainstays (maybe it's the sc equivalent, they're both under 10 bucks) and a cut up old tube with zip tips on the triangle for chain slap. I've seen people use clear handle bar tape and zip tips, that looks better, imo.

mtbr member
    i use good ole packaging tape for the cable rubs(looks fine as long as you do it carefully), road bar tape for the chainstay. to be honest though, having battle scars is what its all about, as long as they arent too pronounced. did u get PC or ano?

Bomber
    Check this out. This is a bar wrap, cinellie jelly tape. We also use tubes, and leather bar wrap in this manner. Works wonders, and looks much better than those crappy lizard skins.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2160...597772ae_o.jpg
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before, and to hear the lamentation of the women."

Old man on a bike
    Hey hey that's the wrong kind of s bike for this forum! Road bar tape can be a nice chainstay protector. The old friction bar tape works well too. On my Nomad I was able use heat shrink tubing but that's only because of the design of the replaceable derailleur hanger so it can slip over the stay. Usually I just use an inner tube.

For housing rub I've not had electrical tape last in some cases, prefer something thicker like the lizard skin frame patches. The Park super patches for tubes/tires work pretty good too. If the surface is too curved those don't work all that great, though.

I don't bother trying to protect the frame in other ways.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm getting a PC White. I'm just fishing for ideas on a good protective tape to cover the vulnerable parts other than the body.

Thank you.

Old man on a bike
    The best stuff I've used I think is this but kinda pricey
    http://www.findtape.com/product173/I...nfo=helicopter
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Members who have read this thread: 0