mtbr member
    Feb 2019

Nomad 4 headset Issue

Hello guys, has anyone install a kris king headset on the nomad 4 here?? I'm building one right now and I always like the kris king headset but when I install one on my n4 there is a play, forward and backward movement. can anyone tell me what I did wrong here on the installation.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Does the CK headset have a slightly lower stack height to the previous one, and when you preload the headset, the top cap is bottoming out on the top of the fork steerer instead of pulling the headset tight? Make sure you have 3mm clearance from the top face of the stem to the top of the steerer tube, to allow the top cap to preload properly.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Straight forward swap out for me. Cant offer much help other than advice already given. I did see in the Yeti forums a while back that someone ordered the incorrect sizing and for memory, they had a bit of play, but thats probably a red herring. Nomad 4 headset Issue-20190210_102120.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2019

nomad 4

Quote Originally Posted by stock.man View Post
    Does the CK headset have a slightly lower stack height to the previous one, and when you preload the headset, the top cap is bottoming out on the top of the fork steerer instead of pulling the headset tight? Make sure you have 3mm clearance from the top face of the stem to the top of the steerer tube, to allow the top cap to preload properly.
    It has a 3mm clearance. does ur lower bearing has some play? I notice this.. it was so easyand the top bearing inner is not touching the tube , is that normal?

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Iím trying to down loud a picture but I canít find how to. Iím using my iPhone.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Did you use the CK crown race and is it installed correctly?

Your headset is the CK IS41/28.6 IS 52.40, right?

Cant help with down louding or uploading sorry, I'm on old-tech computer thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Yeah, I did that all. Iím looking on the top lock.. I think itís not enough trade for the bolt to hold on. Iíll try to push it back. Iíll let u guys know if these work.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Holly crap! Iím stupid. I found the problem. My fork tube was to long, donít have the space to pull up the tube😩I was looking all what I did and didnít do. Thanks for the help and support. Iíll post a picture on my bike as soon as I can figure out. 👍🏻

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Just put more spacers under the stem (or above) till you have used up the tube

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Sort of what I was implying in my original reply, but I should have explained it better! Good to hear you got it sorted.