New 5010 on order!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New 5010 on order!

First, thanks to everyone who put up with my numerous questions.

It was a long time with lots of demo's, including three SC demo events in the last three weeks.

I started out wanting a TBLT then, just for fun, I rode a Bronson and it was a fresh love affair. When I first rode the 5010 after the Bronson, my initial reaction was to go for he extra travel. My first 5010 ride was after three hours on other bikes so I wasn't being fair

Two days ago, SC was at the park I ride most. I tried the TBLT again, the Bronson, then the Nomad.

The next day, I took out the 5010 while I was fresh and quickly realized that was the right bike for me after all.

The details? Orange, large, "S" kit with the shock upgrade to CTD(K). I may well get a different shock next season but, frankly, I was not having any issues at this point.

Delivery should be 6/27. No 2016 kits have been announced and I got tired of waiting.
    Last edited by Rev Bubba; 06-16-2015 at 02:51 AM. Reason: typo

mtbr member
    Think you'll be very happy I know I really enjoy mine! Good luck with it!

mtbr member
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Yeah!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Nice decision! I too am in the same boat you were (we spoke about it) and I have concluded that the 5010 is the bike for me as well. Hope you like it and post some pictures!

mtbr member
    stay busy, because its going to be the longest wait OF YOUR LIFE! lol. congrats tho

mtbr member
    I'll keep busy thinking of things I can change. This is the first complete mountain bike I have purchased this century.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Nice! Good of you to update after the long search. Hope the 5010 brings you years of joy.

mtbr member
    The 5010 shipped from Santa Cruz today according to my LBS. That is three days after the order was placed. Delivery to the shop is scheduled for 6/24 with pickup on 6/25 if the schedule holds.

I just mentioned this as an FYI to anyone with a question on delivery time at the moment. Of course, your delivery may vary depending on model particulars.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have had mine for about 6 months, I still manage to love it more each time I ride it.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Just ordered one from competitive cyclist on the 16th. Supposed to ship tomorrow and deliver by middle of next week. FYI to others looking at bikes, competitive cyclists is offering 10% off and no tax if you don't live in their retail states.

I got an orange 5010 carbon s too. Can't wait to get it. I too was comparing the bronson and 5010. Coming from a heckler, I initially thought the Bronson would be the bike for me since the geometry is identical, but test rode them both and loved the added responsiveness the 5010. The extra travel on the Bronson was nice and plush, but the 5010 was plenty plush and added nimbleness for the technical stuff. Downhill is where the Bronson shines over the 5010, but the difference for my riding (Austin/central Texas) is better served by the 5010. Both top of the industry bikes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trail Rider
    2020 Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon

mtbr member
    That pretty much sums up why I went with the 5010 though north Jersey is technical enough to justify the Bronson, I'm old enough to avoid trails that would justify the Bronson and liked the nimbleness you described.

The LBS I'm buying from is in a different state so I also avoid the sales tax.

mtbr member
    The 5010 (which I still want to call a Solo) arrived on 6/26. I picked it up from Saucon Valley Bikes in Hellertown, PA the next day. It's been raining for the past few days so it has not been ridden on dirt yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Initial observations:

My large carbon (C) with an "S" kit weighted in at 29 lbs., that is under what SC posts. No pictures of the scale so you can believe me or not at your discretion.

My wife loved the orange/lime green decals. Me too.

She was so excited for me that she picked out a new long sleeve (ticks) Endura Jersey to go with it.

Saucon Valley Bikes, and Steve, the owner were great to deal with and buying from them was a pleasure.

The out the door price was $4511