a little lateral play on heckler's swingarm, normal?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

a little lateral play on heckler's swingarm, normal?

I know there has been a thread about this but I think the purpose was how to disassemble and tighten the pivot bolts to avoid the play in the swingarm. In my case it is not a matter of tightening but just the fact that when i insert the bearings on the pivot axle, there is already a play. the pivot axle is a tad smaller than the hole in the bearings. So even if i tighten the pivot bolts, i still feel a play in the swingarm when I move it sideways. Now is this normal or a case of worn out bearings? I just bought this 03 heckler a few weeks ago and it has never been used, according to my lbs.

mtbr member
    I am not an expert by any means, but when I bought my superlight frame, it was used. The first thing the guys at my lbs did when I took it in, was check for lateral play in the swingarm. It does sound like your bearings are bad. If it were me, I would get another shop to take a look at it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

the SC solution!

Actually I have been presenting my case to SC and they told me that it could be anything, like, worn out bearings, small size pivot axle, or defective bearing clamps etc. anyway to cut the long story short they are sending me the whole pivot package complete with bearings, pivot axle, bolts etc. That's really great!!! I really appreciate the SC service. Thanks to all of them, especially to Josh. I am just waiting for the arrival of that package.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Cool! Hope that fixes your problem. I agree, the SC guys are EXCELLENT when it come to customer service.

boomer

how did you

get in touch with them? I sent a message thru their site to [email protected] two weeks ago and haven't heard from them. I'm having the same problem and would like some resolution.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin
    get in touch with them? I sent a message thru their site to [email protected] two weeks ago and haven't heard from them. I'm having the same problem and would like some resolution.

I sent an email to [email protected] and had a reply within one day. Give that a shot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

replacement pivot parts

Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin
    I was able to keep in touch with Josh Kissner who has been very helpful indeed. the case of my heckler is a smaller size pivot axle and worn out bearings. What SC did was to send me the whole pivot parts for free. In three weeks time, I got it!!! I installed the new parts and... voila, the lateral play is gone. I think you should contact SC thru [email protected] or [email protected]

boomer

sent email

Tuesday, heard from Josh Wednesday, shipping bolts Thursday. Thanks for the help.
    Calvin