Hightower V2 - Page 6- Mtbr.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 1,001 to 1,143 of 1143

Thread: Hightower V2

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    One token in can is bottom out city unless a lightweight I guess. I was running up to 260psi and still bottoming occasionally. Went to 2 tokens and little less pressure definitely better. Settled on 2.5 tokens (240psi) at 210-214lbs rider weight and feels pretty good to me and still use all travel when riding hard with some hits. No low speed compression (unless climbing) for me since takes away the small bump too much especially with running higher pressures. Debonair/bigger negative chambers cans like higher air pressures to perform best I noticed or else will blow thru travel way too easily. Noticed with new Lyrik fork as well with having to run 130 psi, two tokens with 2-3 clicks LSC to control dive some and 1-2 clicks HSC for the hits.
    I think I'm like you, 2.5 tokens (1xGnar Dog) is probably spot on for me. I will try one next week. I prefer to keep the LSC as light as possible, enough to make it pedal friendly. For cornering and weight shift support I think it's best to let the spring do most of the heavy lifting here. LSC is the icing on the cake to give the pedalling some polish. I'm shockwizzing at the moment and even though I'm well above the Santa Cruz recommended psi and I have an additional token installed, ShockWiz is asking for more volume spacer. Interesting. Loving the bike though.

Mix John, yes I equalise the negative spring a few times during my shock inflation and I'm also in Low position. I don't see any reason to run in the Hight position. Interesting that you are running a lot of LSC. My V1 HighTower had a Fox X2 and I could use the HSC to help out on the bigger inputs, without this option on the Super Deluxe Ulitmate, I'm looking at the spring and tokens to tune my end stroke performance.

Seems like some guys are running pressures higher than the Santa Cruz recommendation and some aren't. Interesting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    The new Santa Cruz bottle cage looks interesting. Both right and left side loading options available, but it's going for $60.
    Is it already out and available?
    Roots, bloody roots

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwun View Post
    Does anyone else find the SC recommended air pressure setting to be too light? I'm 78kg (172lb) and I'm currently running 190psi in the shock with one added volume spacer. SC would recommend I run about 177psi for my weight. I'm still bottoming pretty hard and sitting at about 31-32% sag. Has anyone tried running 3 volume spacers?
    When I rode a HTv2 at a SC demo day, they set it 20psi over body weight and it felt really good. I don't know how many tokens they had in it, but I suspect it was whatever the stock amount is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    When I rode a HTv2 at a SC demo day, they set it 20psi over body weight and it felt really good. I don't know how many tokens they had in it, but I suspect it was whatever the stock amount is.
    I'm also running ~20 psi over riding weight. But continue to bottom out, ~30-33% sag right at the recommended. will need to order and install some spacers, also thinking megneg

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    My ride weight is about 165 and I run 160psi with no bottom out issues.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.T View Post
    Is it already out and available?
    yes got mine yesterday. been out a little while
    now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm 220lbs and running approximately 210psi and no bottom out at all. Even after riding few fast and chunky Tahoe trails with a few small to medium sized hits.

Trail Rider
    loving this bike!

I know this is not helpful to people having shock issues, but here's a shot of my Superdeluxe just shy of bottom out after a fast, rocky technical descent that ends with a pretty good size drop (with the same settings I posted earlier):

Hightower V2-20191102_175705.jpg

And some stoke:

Hightower V2-20191102_175627.jpg

Hightower V2-20191102_182005.jpg
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Can anyone tell me exactly what it means to cycle a shock every 50 psi?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    fast, rocky technical descent that ends with a pretty good size drop
    Which trail? Glorieta comes to mind, assuming you are in NM. I was riding my HT2 out there today, this bike is perfect for NM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by gpzbc View Post
    Can anyone tell me exactly what it means to cycle a shock every 50 psi?

It means that as you inflate the shock (assuming itís on the bike), make sure you add air a bit at a time and then jump on the bike to compress the shock past about 50% travel. This is done to ensure that the positive and negative air chambers equalise, you get the correct final pressure and that the shock behaves properly when ridden.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by stock.man View Post
    It means that as you inflate the shock (assuming itís on the bike), make sure you add air a bit at a time and then jump on the bike to compress the shock past about 50% travel. This is done to ensure that the positive and negative air chambers equalise, you get the correct final pressure and that the shock behaves properly when ridden.
    Ah yes, thank you!

Trail Rider
    Nothing like Glorieta! NFH, Segment on Strava called Rocky DH. At the end there's a slanted boulder you can launch, get 4 feet of air at speed. For me, that's a good size drop. Going to hit Otero, 3 bottles today. That'll be a better test.
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Finally got my frame and built it up with the spec I want. Need to weigh it but it's not easy by myself in my spare room, will hang on for a spare pare of hands. It's certainly not as light as my v1 Bronson but I've gone light where possible.

Hightower V2-8adee620-7ce6-42d4-8cb6-e66d5c53682b_1_105_c.jpg

Trail Rider
    Nice Rig.

Mine weighs almost 2 pounds more than my previous bike (Trek FEX), but climbs better, rides lighter.
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf_Chick View Post
    Finally got my frame and built it up with the spec I want. Need to weigh it but it's not easy by myself in my spare room, will hang on for a spare pare of hands. It's certainly not as light as my v1 Bronson but I've gone light where possible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8ADEE620-7CE6-42D4-8CB6-E66D5C53682B_1_105_c.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	375.1 KB 
ID:	1290603
    Huh! Now I kinda want the Juliana frame and just cover the name with custom Santa Cruz decals from NLDesigns! I like that red! Looks almost like the OG Sriracha red!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019

Name:	8ADEE620-7CE6-42D4-8CB6-E66D5C53682B_1_105_c.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	375.1 KB 
ID:	1290603
    Just put Invisiframe on my wife's Maverick and I really like the color. I would say the best name for it is "brick" red. Will be built for this weekend and then I can put together my new HT2!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I tested the HT2 in high and low mode a little more - didnt see much about that, but in high mode its definitely more "poppy" and I bottom out relatively easily.
    In low mode its "bottomless" and i havent managed to bottom it out yet. Feels more like a truck.

I know its what it's supposed to do, but I've not seen someone actually say it. On the HT1 the difference was more in the geo than in the suspension kinematic changes. When I hopped on the HT2 after swapping from high to low I thought it was strange: no difference felt in geo or while pedaling, climbing. I only saw the difference when I finally went downhill. Pretty cool.

But also: if you're bottoming out and can't find the right pressure, double-check if you're in high or low mode ;-) I'm 175lbs and in low mode it'd take a fairly harsh landing to bottom out at 170psi, 1 reducer no megneg

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Hightower V2-20191106_192636.jpgHightower V2-20191106_193314.jpg
    Got my alu size large 4440 grams with fox dps, but without rear axle. Matches previous statements of 4200 without damper quite well.

Now just rest of the parts to go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Please does anyone knows what size is Silverado saddle supplied at HT2 or TB4 frame size M?
    They have size "narow - small" which is 133-135 mm wide mm and then size Medium which is 142mm.
    Which one puts Santa Cruz on their bikes size M ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boubla View Post
    I tested the HT2 in high and low mode a little more - didnt see much about that, but in high mode its definitely more "poppy" and I bottom out relatively easily.
    In low mode its "bottomless" and i havent managed to bottom it out yet. Feels more like a truck.

I know its what it's supposed to do, but I've not seen someone actually say it. On the HT1 the difference was more in the geo than in the suspension kinematic changes. When I hopped on the HT2 after swapping from high to low I thought it was strange: no difference felt in geo or while pedaling, climbing. I only saw the difference when I finally went downhill. Pretty cool.

But also: if you're bottoming out and can't find the right pressure, double-check if you're in high or low mode ;-) I'm 175lbs and in low mode it'd take a fairly harsh landing to bottom out at 170psi, 1 reducer no megneg
    I've been meaning to post some updates, and this is mostly in-line with my thoughts.

I was getting tons of pedal strikes in the low position, so I figured I'd give the high position a try. I felt a very notable change in the liveliness of the ride immediately. "Poppy" is a good description. I also noticed a very distinct change to a more linear curve on the rear. I was bottoming out on drops even as small as a couple of feet with the rear at 180psi (I'm 175, plus gear). I increased to 185psi and still was bottoming out with sag right at about 30%. Since I prefer the more spry and poppy feeling, but ride aggressively, I've been trying to keep it in high and work on the super deluxe tune.

Right now I'm about 3 tokens (max) in the super deluxe select+ and 185psi. I have not purchased/installed the meg-neg. I have had a handful of days riding in this config and things are going smoothly. Haven't had anymore noticeable bottom outs, though I think I may have kissed it a time or two.

I may try the meg-neg and remove a token or two just to see how much more I can tweak it. The meg-neg should open up the ability to fine tune a bit more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tallboy17 View Post
    Please does anyone knows what size is Silverado saddle supplied at HT2 or TB4 frame size M?
    They have size "narow - small" which is 133-135 mm wide mm and then size Medium which is 142mm.
    Which one puts Santa Cruz on their bikes size M ?
    I have to imagine the Small; that's what came with my XXL Tallboy. You can always email SC.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Random question - for those who built the bike themselves; what is the narrow, neoprene tube used for? I had a 13" neoprene tube included in both my wife's and my Maverick/HT2 boxes and I have no idea what it's for. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the aluminum frame photos Izmtbkr

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedh View Post
    Random question - for those who built the bike themselves; what is the narrow, neoprene tube used for? I had a 13" neoprene tube included in both my wife's and my Maverick/HT2 boxes and I have no idea what it's for. Thanks.
    I have no clue! the only thing I could think of is to cover the cables around the shock area, but I haven't used that... it's there inside the SC pouch that came with the frame.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    The previous Santa Cruz bikes had a bigger opening to insert the cables thru and the foam tube was able to be put down there to help with cable rattle. With the Hightower and its small openings this isn't possible and I guess they just haven't updated what you get with the frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac48 View Post
    The previous Santa Cruz bikes had a bigger opening to insert the cables thru and the foam tube was able to be put down there to help with cable rattle. With the Hightower and its small openings this isn't possible and I guess they just haven't updated what you get with the frame.
    how about dropper cable inside the seat tube? given the small size of the foam tube they provide and your comment I guess this could be it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PissGuh View Post
    I've been meaning to post some updates, and this is mostly in-line with my thoughts.

I was getting tons of pedal strikes in the low position, so I figured I'd give the high position a try. I felt a very notable change in the liveliness of the ride immediately. "Poppy" is a good description. I also noticed a very distinct change to a more linear curve on the rear. I was bottoming out on drops even as small as a couple of feet with the rear at 180psi (I'm 175, plus gear). I increased to 185psi and still was bottoming out with sag right at about 30%. Since I prefer the more spry and poppy feeling, but ride aggressively, I've been trying to keep it in high and work on the super deluxe tune.

Right now I'm about 3 tokens (max) in the super deluxe select+ and 185psi. I have not purchased/installed the meg-neg. I have had a handful of days riding in this config and things are going smoothly. Haven't had anymore noticeable bottom outs, though I think I may have kissed it a time or two.

I may try the meg-neg and remove a token or two just to see how much more I can tweak it. The meg-neg should open up the ability to fine tune a bit more.
    All good points and indeed sometimes i'd be happy to just keep it in high, when the terrain isnt all that challenging, without bottoming out too much. I've to try with the max amount of spacers as well but I highly suspect a megneg is needed to achieve what we want in high

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Whatís the internal width of the seat tube tunnel in your alloy frame? Curious to know what shocks could fit this frame!

Quote Originally Posted by lzmtbkr View Post
    Got my alu size large 4440 grams with fox dps, but without rear axle. Matches previous statements of 4200 without damper quite well.

Now just rest of the parts to go.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    It is to install on the cables in the rear triangle to stop them rattling.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Does only one side rattle because I've only ever seen one foam tube delivered with a frame? Or is supposed to be cut..

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Aha! I even RTFM'd and didn't see that. Good to know; sound like cut it in 2 and slide in. Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2019
    How does the 2020 Hightower handle bike parks? Is 140mm enough to not die if I case a medium to big jump? I demoed a megatower and it was insanely forgiving but I don't think I could ride it as an everyday bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by MondoGram View Post
    Whatís the internal width of the seat tube tunnel in your alloy frame? Curious to know what shocks could fit this frame!
    The diameter of the hole is 57 mm, but I is a weld root sticking down about 2 mm at 12 o'clock. So the useable diameter then ends up to be 54 mm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Does only one side rattle because I've only ever seen one foam tube delivered with a frame? Or is supposed to be cut..
    You cut it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
    How does the 2020 Hightower handle bike parks? Is 140mm enough to not die if I case a medium to big jump? I demoed a megatower and it was insanely forgiving but I don't think I could ride it as an everyday bike.
    Personally, I think it's perfectly fine. Really just depends on personal perspective and *how* you case the jumps. The HTv2 is like the livelier, more playful, slightly less forgiving Megatower. I've come up short on a few bigger TT's and it's been smooth to flat, and that's set in the high position. Low would handle it even better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Aha! I even RTFM'd and didn't see that. Good to know; sound like cut it in 2 and slide in. Thanks!
    Used the tube last night; about 4" per side as it gets difficult to stuff in past the seat stay pinch (i.e., where tire curve is). Quiet as a church mouse. Thanks for the tip @rickdraper!

mtbr member
    6 pages in and no one has pulled the spacer from the shock to see if we can long shock this thing? Bueller? Anyone tried it, or heard any reliable intel??
    Santa Cruz HT2

mtbr member
    Just placed an order for a CC frame with my LBS.

In the meantime, I'm trying to source a 150mm Lyric Ultimate in Black.
    Are these impossible to locate online? I can only find either Red or 160mm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
    I did my demo on a singletrack/jump trail with up to 2 bike length doubles, so not huge but big enough to wreck yourself on, and it does great. I walked back up and hit each section 3 times. Stable, nice amount of travel to be fun, tossable but forgiving. Now, it wouldn't be an ideal Whistler A line bike but for moderate sized stuff, it'd be ideal.
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Lzmtbkr curious to see your parts spec and cost of build.
    Have fun with it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    6 pages in and no one has pulled the spacer from the shock to see if we can long shock this thing? Bueller? Anyone tried it, or heard any reliable intel??
    We are waiting for you to do it and let us know

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Why not just deflate your shock and check the clearances for yourself? 5 minute job that will answer the question. It's only another 5mm of travel so I'm thinking there should be enough clearance to run safely.

Let us know ;-)

mtbr member
    Hey just wondering if anyone has thrown a DVO Topaz in the back? Maybe long-shocking it with the 210x55?
    Looking back a few weeks in the thread I can attest to the video upgrading the dt-swiss 370 to 350-style ratchet. I'm using a roval traverse wheelset from a 2018 enduro, which has 370 internals, and plopped in the 240/350 drive ring w/54t ratchet and the back hub now has great engagement.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post

I've done the same as you, except getting the Lyric through the LBS. Ordered a few weeks ago, frame arrived 10 days ago, and latest update on fork is "a few more weeks". So there must be an availability issue.

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonz View Post
    I've done the same as you, except getting the Lyric through the LBS. Ordered a few weeks ago, frame arrived 10 days ago, and latest update on fork is "a few more weeks". So there must be an availability issue.
    Did you order the Ultimate?

Added a token to the Super Deluxe (2 total now). Was able to drop PSI to 195 from 200 with same amount of travel, able to back off LSC to 3 from open. Close to bottom out on big hits, but a couple of mm left to spare.

I weigh 190-195 (depending on how much water I have on me).

I went with the Fox 36 fit4 150mm. I've always been a Fox guy, but am impressed with the Super Deluxe. Hit a double black section of trail yesterday with some nice drops and rollers. Never had the nerve to ride this section with my old bike (FEX) but the HT2 was great, really capable and climbs just as well as the FEX. Cornering with the new geo is so much fun, took second on Strava on a .2 mile section called Baby Berms.

Hightower V2-20191110_160224.jpg
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member

Added a token to the Super Deluxe (2 total now). Was able to drop PSI to 195 from 200 with same amount of travel, able to back off LSC to 3 from open. Close to bottom out on big hits, but a couple of mm left to spare.

I weigh 190-195 (depending on how much water I have on me).

I went with the Fox 36 fit4 150mm. I've always been a Fox guy, but am impressed with the Super Deluxe. Hit a double black section of trail yesterday with some nice drops and rollers. Never had the nerve to ride this section with my old bike (FEX) but the HT2 was great, really capable and climbs just as well as the FEX. Cornering with the new geo is so much fun, took second on Strava on a .2 mile section called Baby Berms.

Name:	20191110_160224.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	474.5 KB 
ID:	1292125
    how much LSC were you using before adding the token? Iím gonna need to add some tokens since Iím already running 20psi over recommended and using full travel pretty much every ride!

Trail Rider
    I was at 5-6 from open.
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Yes. Black Ultimate, 42mm, 150mm, RC2.

Trail Rider
    Strange, I don't see a black option (Ultimate, 42mm, 150mm, RC2)
    They're all Red, either from Sram or QBP.

(I'm a dealer)

Sram is projecting new product in 11/12/19-Red

Don't know if your dealer has a b2b QBP account, but they have 2 at their Minnesota warehouse and 2 at their Nevada warehouse

All Red.

Looks like gloss black is either 160mm or 170mm ( w/42 offset)

Same projected date for Sram, QBP has a few 16omm black Ultimates at a few warehouses.

If you're set on black, an airshaft will cost you $42... and time (if you install it yourself) or time and maybe money if the LBS does it.

If they're a proper LBS, they shouldn't charge you for labor. I wouldn't.
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Just an FYI. I tried to fit a Super Deluxe coil with a 600lb spring in the Hightower out of curiosity. It does not fit in the tunnel.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    XL or XXL? 6.3 feet(191.5 cm) tall, 35.8 inches(91 cm) inseam, ape index 0. I have to order online, no possibility for demo ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gidooo View Post
    XL or XXL? 6.3 feet(191.5 cm) tall, 35.8 inches(91 cm) inseam, ape index 0. I have to order online, no possibility for demo ride.
    Im exactly the same height. Not sure on inseam, but I do have pretty long legs and arms for my height. Im on an XL and it feels perfect. I havnt tried an XXL though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Thx Jet, XL numbers are big..just not sure, i like high stack, ahh i will probably order XL

mtbr member

(I'm a dealer)

Don't know if your dealer has a b2b QBP account, but they have 2 at their Minnesota warehouse and 2 at their Nevada warehouse

All Red.

Same projected date for Sram, QBP has a few 16omm black Ultimates at a few warehouses.

If you're set on black, an airshaft will cost you $42... and time (if you install it yourself) or time and maybe money if the LBS does it.

I don't if it's available - but here's the part number:

AM FS LYRK ULT RC2 29 SB 150 GLB 42 C2

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm interesting in knowing from the people who say that they are routinely bottoming out the HTV2. How are you doing this? Huck to flats? Extremely fast and chunky trails? I'm 220lbs (and running rear shock at 210-215psi) and ride fairly aggressively but admittedly, I don't spend alot of time in the air (small jumps only). I've yet to feel it bottom out so curious how other people are doing this?

One more question. What are you all running your rear rebound at? Closer to full fast or closer to full slow? I've been playing around with this and thinking I might prefer the rebound on the faster side of things.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017

(I'm a dealer)

All Red.

I'm in Oz. I assume our stuff starts it journey from overseas, dunno where though. I simply had a chat with my LBS (who are legends), and we worked out a few parts to order, and I left it in their hands. Had discussed getting a 160, but decided to start with 150 and then look at the airshaft change later if desired, so I guess could always do the reverse. But not in a huge rush, so might just wait it out a little longer.

mtbr member
    May 2012

(I'm a dealer)

I guess best is to wait for that date haha. Some lyriks are currently on sale as well probably for that reason. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Iím 6í3Ē, 35Ē inseam, and am riding an XXL with 32mm stem. Itís wonderful

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinbend View Post
    Iím 6í3Ē, 35Ē inseam, and am riding an XXL with 32mm stem. Itís wonderful

Thx mike, i think i can make XL or XXL work just need to decide.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Anyone else got their Alloy frames yet? I'm still waiting, ordered in September (through thr UK importers Stif/Jungle) :-(

Got all my kit ready to fit!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Anybody run the HTV2 in 27.5+ mode yet? Emailed SC and they suggested 2.8" tires with the frame in High mode and running the fork in 160mm mode.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmtber View Post
    Anybody run the HTV2 in 27.5+ mode yet? Emailed SC and they suggested 2.8" tires with the frame in High mode and running the fork in 160mm mode.
    Yes, som posts down you can see my alloy frame. I had week 45 as estimated delivery and I had it on Tuesday that week. Too bad I am in the opposite situation as you: frame but no gear. Planning to wait to black Friday with my purchases.

mtbr member
    May 2017

I am 6'0 and I settled on an XL Hightower v2 C . I switched the 50mm raceface stem to a 35mm Renthal Apex stem. I did not know bikes could feel this supple over chatter while climbing amazingly well.

31.1 LBS in size XL. (with carbon wheels, Apex stem, Renthal bar and 165mm cranks)

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hightower V2-img_0017.jpg

Hightower V2-img_0023.jpg

Hightower V2-img_0028.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tantrum007 View Post
    I am 6'0 and I settled on an XL Hightower v2 C . I switched the 50mm raceface stem to a 35mm Renthal Apex stem. I did not know bikes could feel this supple over chatter while climbing amazingly well.

31.1 LBS in size XL. (with carbon wheels, Apex stem, Renthal bar and 165mm cranks)
    I picked up a blue L from Mike (Suck Crick) a month ago. Cool to see more of these in Chatt!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmtber View Post
    I'm interesting in knowing from the people who say that they are routinely bottoming out the HTV2. How are you doing this? Huck to flats? Extremely fast and chunky trails? I'm 220lbs (and running rear shock at 210-215psi) and ride fairly aggressively but admittedly, I don't spend alot of time in the air (small jumps only). I've yet to feel it bottom out so curious how other people are doing this?

One more question. What are you all running your rear rebound at? Closer to full fast or closer to full slow? I've been playing around with this and thinking I might prefer the rebound on the faster side of things.
    I'm 175 and had the ultimate select+ at 175 and was bottoming out like crazy in the "high" position. The low positions felt more progressive and didn't seem like an issue. High feels way more linear and was bottoming regularly on 2'-4' drops, not really to flat though some had less steep landings. Also same issue on some DH jump trails.

I run rebound differently depending on the trail. Slower on jump/DH and faster when I want more pop trail riding. Just depends.

Right now I'm still running high position with select+ maxed out at 3 tokens and 180psi. Feels okay for the most part, but it's definitely on the firm side. Might try meg-neg and remove 1-1.5 token, see what happens.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Might try meg-neg and remove 1-1.5 token, see what happens.
    Let us know if you do
    I'm on the fece for the megneg since its not super expensive.. but also not that cheap if it doesnt really help in high mode

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Let us know if you do
    I'm on the fece for the megneg since its not super expensive.. but also not that cheap if it doesnt really help in high mode
    Kinda feel the same, but I suppose in theory it just broadens range of tunability, so again in theory, should be worth it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Did you consider a large? I'm a bit over 6 ft. and was hesitant to order an XL but the guys at the shop insisted XL was the right size.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSession View Post
    Did you consider a large? I'm a bit over 6 ft. and was hesitant to order an XL but the guys at the shop insisted XL was the right size.
    FWIW I'm 6' and went with the large. To be fair, I've had some back injuries and enough years under gravity that I may be a bit less than 6' now (I think a one reading in recent years was 5'11-1/2". Haha.). I didn't try the XL because the L fit right in with the layout of my large Honzo which feels perfect.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Has anyone replaced the brakes (SRAM Code) out of the hightower? if you have how easy it is? pics?. I am done with the lack of modulation with this brakes.

mtbr member

Hightower V2

Quote Originally Posted by cvega View Post
    Has anyone replaced the brakes (SRAM Code) out of the hightower? if you have how easy it is? pics?. I am done with the lack of modulation with this brakes.
    as easy as it gets, the frame has internal carbon routing channels, remove the hose from the lever and pull from the caliper side, to install your new brake go the other way and start at the caliper and feed the hose, donít forget to put the rubber grommet after you pass the hose through the rear triangle and from a few posts above use the foam tube imto wrap the hose inside the hear triangle

what are you thinking to install?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hightower V2-_20191115_205203.jpg

My Alloy frame arrived at last! (in the UK). It looks great, quality seems high and some neat touches.

FYI Size Large, Fox DPS, DT axle and seat collar comes to 4.4kg.

Clearly no flyweight (especially coming from an Orange Stage 4) but the ride should make up for it!

Highland Blue is lovely in the flesh, doesn't come across in the press shots. Pity the decal colour is horrid hearing aid beige!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    as easy as it gets, the frame has internal carbon routing channels, remove the hose from the lever and pull from the caliper side, to install your new brake go the other way and start at the caliper and feed the hose, donít forget to put the rubber grommet after you pass the hose through the rear triangle and from a few posts above use the foam tube imto wrap the hose inside the hear triangle

what are you thinking to install?
    I replaced them with Magura MT7's which are amazing in my opinion. Easy process!

I also just added the XC versions of Cushcore tire inserts. Full report coming.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am looking into getting shimano or MRP brakes

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    I'm approximately 6í1" and ending up going with a Large. The XL felt bigger, longer, and less playful. The Large with 40mm rise bars makes this bike so fun and playful.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cvega View Post
    I am looking into getting shimano or MRP brakes
    Sram brakes donít have enough modulation for you so youíre looking at shimano?

Seems backwards to me. I like shimano brakes but every pair Iíve tried (xt, zee and saints) weíre either in or off almost no modulation to speak of.

Phil
    Jul 2010
    How much tire clearance is there in the rear. Some of the pictures Iíve seen look really close.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I'm 6'1" and the XL is perfect with a 40mm stem. I tried a large and I wasn't comfortable on it, just too small.

mtbr member

I had to get the 160 Lyrik 42mm in black and change travel shaft to 150 since only red available as well. Fortunately for me, the seller swapped added 150 shaft and swapped it out for same price as 160 fork. The Lyrik Ultimate replaced a 16í Pike RCT3 w/Vorsprung tune and Luftkappe from former Hightower and Lyrik was noticeably better first ride. More stable in the rough and junk at speed, better small bump with nice feel throughout travel. FWIW, I will likely go 160 shaft next summer when hitting the longer, rowdier descents again. Right now 150 perfect on it for mixed trail riding with lots of pedaling and climbing.
    Ride On!

Phil
    Jul 2010

Hightower V2

Still looking? I have a new Lyrik Ultimate take off from a blue medium CC Hightower V2. Was going to post it soon. Send me a pm if interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by asuprice View Post
    Still looking? I have a new Lyrik Ultimate take off from a blue medium CC Hightower V2. Was going to post it soon. Send me a pm if interested.

PM Sent..

jgusta, like you, if I can't come up with a 150mm I'll just swap out the shaft on a 160 mm.

Last edited by Coal-Cracker; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    quick help needed, if you guys don't mind.
    Seriously considering moving from my HT LT to an HT2, but having difficulty on the sizing. reviews and the geo numbers do seem to show that my L HT LT is equivalent to the M HT2, but the sizing chart shows that my 5'10" (average build) should be on a L. Anyone here who's about my size on a M or L?
    I live in a place where the longer travel bikes are popular, so sitting on one to try is difficult, at best.

cheers!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Hightower V2

Quote Originally Posted by sidelined View Post
    Seriously considering moving from my HT LT to an HT2, but having difficulty on the sizing. reviews and the geo numbers do seem to show that my L HT LT is equivalent to the M HT2, but the sizing chart shows that my 5'10" (average build) should be on a L. Anyone here who's about my size on a M or L?
    I live in a place where the longer travel bikes are popular, so sitting on one to try is difficult, at best.

cheers!
    I would go with the large. Remember the reach is only one part of the equation. The seat angle is steeper and the effective top tube is similar between a L HTLT and L HT2. So the bars should be at a similar distance from you seated as on your HTLT but standing will feel more roomy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    I just built a large Megatower to replace a large 2017 Bronson. Thought it would be huge, but it feels really similar to be honest. Fit is perfect for me, corners intuitively and very easy to balance the bike. Iím 6í1Ē, as always itís best to test ride, I didnít have that option so trusted the sizing chart and it was bang on for me!

cheers!

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    This. ETT will be similar to your current bike, and this is one dimension that can really make a bike feel to long or short.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber252 View Post
    I would go with the large. Remember the reach is only one part of the equation. The seat angle is steeper and the effective top tube is similar between a L HTLT and L HT2. So the bars should be at a similar distance from you seated as on your HTLT but standing will feel more roomy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

cheers!
    Try to find a similar fitting bike if possible (megatower maybe?) if you can but really I'm about the same height and have no regrets going size large, and I think most posters around the 5'9"-5'10" range that I have read before went with the large and also thought the fit was great. My previous bike (different brand, not modern geo) was a medium and I always felt it was on the small side, I can't see going with a medium hightower at your height.

mtbr member
    At 5'11", I find all large Santa Cruz bikes, including the Hightower2, Megatower and Tallboy4 are perfect fits. I currently ride a large 5010 V1.

mtbr member

cheers!
    5í5Ē on a M, canít think how you would ride a M being 5í10Ē. Iíd go L, was also between sizes and glad I went up!

mtbr member
    May 2012

curious what you're replacing it with, fox36 grip2?

Phil
    Jul 2010
    curious what you're replacing it with, fox36 grip2?
    Yeah. Or a fit 4. I prefer fox and have all the tools to service fox shocks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    @bronxbomber252 @MondoGram @agreenbike @Rev Bubba @mfa81

Thanks for the feedback! Pretty confident now about still sticking to a L whenever I get a Santa Cruz. Cheers!

Raleigh
    @bronxbomber252 @MondoGram @agreenbike @Rev Bubba @mfa81

Thanks for the feedback! Pretty confident now about still sticking to a L whenever I get a Santa Cruz. Cheers!
    I'm 5.11 - current ride's a 2017 TB, XL. Got a shorter stem and slid the seat up a hair. Rented a 2018 HTLT in Squamish, XL - loved it. Demo'd a 2020 TB and found the XL to be perfect.

Will be looking at an XL HT2.
    2017 Santa Cruz TB3 CS
    2019 Salsa Cutthroat Rival 1

Trail Rider
    5'9" All large SC bikes I've owned have fit me perfectly. Riding a HT2 L with a 50mm stem.
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yeah. Or a fit 4. I prefer fox and have all the tools to service fox shocks.

I current run a fox 34 on mine, but gotta replace it with either 36 or Lyrik. I was tempted to go with Lyrik because supposedly its as good as the 36 grip 2 but with better small bump compliance but really i'd have to test both side by side (which will never happen ;-)

Also: The kashima looks nice with the blue frame

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I'm 6'1" and the XL is perfect with a 40mm stem. I tried a large and I wasn't comfortable on it, just too small.
    6'0 here and felt the same. XL with 35mm stem.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hightower V2-screenshot_20191119-101116.jpg

Got all 3 of my girls out on the trail today. Still riding in high position but want to try low soon. Using 95% of travel in the front and the rear but have yet to bottom out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    PM Sent..

jgusta, like you, if I can't come up with a 150mm I'll just swap out the shaft on a 160 mm.

I've heard from a few sources the HT2 is pretty nice with a 160 up front. Maybe try it before switching out the damper rods?

I may actually change my 150 to 160 when I do the 50 hour which is rapidly approaching.

mtbr member
    I've heard from a few sources the HT2 is pretty nice with a 160 up front. Maybe try it before switching out the damper rods?

I may actually change my 150 to 160 when I do the 50 hour which is rapidly approaching.
    Yeah, the more I think about it, thats the direction I will probably take.

Ride it 160mm and if I decide I dont like it, I can swap it during maintenance.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if i run it in the high position with a 160mm, wouldnt that return the hta/sta close to the 'original' geometry as if it had the 150mm?

mtbr member

Correct me if I am wrong, but if i run it in the high position with a 160mm, wouldnt that return the hta/sta close to the 'original' geometry as if it had the 150mm?
    Yes, you are correct.

mtbr member

Does anyone know what HTA/STA/BB height would you end up with running a 160mm fork in the low and high modes?
    2020 SC Hightower v2
    2019 Spec. Stumpjumper
    2018 SC Hightower v1
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2004 Spec. Stumpjumper

mtbr member

Alright, you talked me into it.
    Lyric Ultimate (Black)160mm has been ordered. It looks like I may have grabbed Jenson's last one in stock.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Alright, you talked me into it.
    Lyric Ultimate (Black)160mm has been ordered. It looks like I may have grabbed Jenson's last one in stock.

You will not regret that. I found the Hightower felt better with the 160 than 150.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, the more I think about it, thats the direction I will probably take.

Ride it 160mm and if I decide I dont like it, I can swap it during maintenance.

Yeah, within a non-discernible difference in the HTA/STA. I don't know the exact final, but I'd assume BB will be higher than in "low" mode. Honestly not a bad thing. I switched to high mode due to the crazy amount I was pedal striking in low. Much better now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, within a non-discernible difference in the HTA/STA. I don't know the exact final, but I'd assume BB will be higher than in "low" mode. Honestly not a bad thing. I switched to high mode due to the crazy amount I was pedal striking in low. Much better now.
    I am using a 160mm ultimate in low. No problem with pedal striking. I did come from a bike with a lower bottom bracket though. Santa Cruz recommends the low setting, i'd leave it there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jwren00 View Post
    I am using a 160mm ultimate in low. No problem with pedal striking. I did come from a bike with a lower bottom bracket though. Santa Cruz recommends the low setting, i'd leave it there.
    They recommend low for what specifically? when using a 160mm? What's the reasoning?

I'd see that more as personal preference, no? That would slacken the HTA/STA beyond the normal low at 150mm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    They recommend low for what specifically? when using a 160mm? What's the reasoning?

I'd see that more as personal preference, no? That would slacken the HTA/STA beyond the normal low at 150mm.
    SC recommends trying both, but starting in low and moving to high if pedal strikes are an issue

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinbend View Post
    SC recommends trying both, but starting in low and moving to high if pedal strikes are an issue
    That I'm aware of, which is why I'm running High position. Lots of techy climbs here in the southeast and it makes a huge difference. The bike also has a much more poppy and playful feel to it in High. I'll flip it to Low for enduro's or appropriate shuttle days.

I was getting the impression that previous comment that was specific to running 160. In my conversations with Santa Cruz, they'd never mentioned anything of that nature. I was wondering if I was missing something.

mtbr member
    Time to start getting stupid with this build.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    That I'm aware of, which is why I'm running High position. Lots of techy climbs here in the southeast and it makes a huge difference. The bike also has a much more poppy and playful feel to it in High. I'll flip it to Low for enduro's or appropriate shuttle days.

I was getting the impression that previous comment that was specific to running 160. In my conversations with Santa Cruz, they'd never mentioned anything of that nature. I was wondering if I was missing something.
    yep same! low => bigger downhilling days ; high => easier trails because its more fun!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    you were right, replacing brakes was super easy and at the same time I trimmed the house, thank you!!!

See you at the top.
    Anyone having issues with the Hightower cable routing and new XTR 1x setup? I am having an issue with the amount of housing at the rear derailer. I need there to be a little bit of a bow there to get best shifting. Problem is that housing gets pulled back into the frame after some riding. I have lengthened the housing but I still get the issue. Now I have a zip tie with some glue on it to keep the housing from sucking back into the frame. Anyone else having the issue?? Seems like an oversite on this dentist build.
    I can't wait till they put condos here. Said no one ever.

See you at the top.
    that is my setup as well and I love it.
    I can't wait till they put condos here. Said no one ever.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Anyone having issues with the Hightower cable routing and new XTR 1x setup? I am having an issue with the amount of housing at the rear derailer. I need there to be a little bit of a bow there to get best shifting. Problem is that housing gets pulled back into the frame after some riding. I have lengthened the housing but I still get the issue. Now I have a zip tie with some glue on it to keep the housing from sucking back into the frame. Anyone else having the issue?? Seems like an oversite on this dentist build.
    I noticed this in setup too (XT RD; XTR crank). I am on a ShimEagle cassette setup FWIW, and the shifting is flawless, but don't have sufficient time on it. I will say that the bow is super minimal on mine, so it took a while to get it to seat in the cap properly, but once that worked, it seems to be working fine. Maybe check that the hanger is well-aligned? Even on new bikes, they can be a little off axis and I notice the issue much more on 12sp than 10 or 11sp.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    that is my setup as well and I love it.
    forgot to swap account?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Alloy build is finally finished, pending a shakedown ride!

_20191127_203700 by simonholehan, on Flickr

Its fairly weighty, i'll try get it on some scales at the weekend. I'm guessing about 33lbs, maybe less. I'll just have to get fitter.

Fox front and Rear, Mavic XA Elite wheels, Hope 4 pot brakes, Transfer dropper, XTR 11 speed and some dumpy GX cranks.

Note: I'm 5ft10, its a large frame as per SC's reccomendations.

The off-the-peg large builds come with a 170mm travel dropper. I rode a Large demo with a 170mm dropper, and it was a touch too tall - fine for a short test. The presumption was that chaning to a 150mm dropper would be fine.

Turns out it wasn't. I've eventually had to change to a 125mm dropper (Fox transfer) with just a few mm of extension above the seat clamp. I am definitely 5ft 10, before you ask!

Just beware if you are buying an off the peg build and on the shorter side of their reccomendations. FWIW theres no way I would be on a medium, large is deinitely right for me.

Secondlly - I think there are also some key differences in the way the alloy frame is put together, the bottom of the seat tube does not allow a dropper post to be inserted as far as you might think, and the cable routing seriously limits the operation too.

FWIW I think a RS Reverb with its centre mounted hose would be easier to push lower in the seat tube than most cable droppers with the cable offset to one side (as per Fox Transfer).

Make sure you try before you buy, and expect to have to do some experimentation with post sizes, types, and insertion.

Forgot to add - again I think another difference with the alloy frame, there is very limited room around the shock shaft - it is next to impossible to measure the sag o-ring. Can't even get a little finger in there, let alone any measuring device. I have just had to guess.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by snotrag View Post
    Alloy build is finally finished, pending a shakedown ride!

_20191127_203700 by simonholehan, on Flickr

Its fairly weighty, i'll try get it on some scales at the weekend. I'm guessing about 33lbs, maybe less. I'll just have to get fitter.

Fox front and Rear, Mavic XA Elite wheels, Hope 4 pot brakes, Transfer dropper, XTR 11 speed and some dumpy GX cranks.

The off-the-peg large builds come with a 170mm travel dropper. I rode a Large demo with a 170mm dropper, and it was a touch too tall - fine for a short test. The presumption was that chaning to a 150mm dropper would be fine.

Turns out it wasn't. I've eventually had to change to a 125mm dropper (Fox transfer) with just a few mm of extension above the seat clamp. I am definitely 5ft 10, before you ask!

Just beware if you are buying an off the peg build and on the shorter side of their reccomendations. FWIW theres no way I would be on a medium, large is deinitely right for me.

Secondlly - I think there are also some key differences in the way the alloy frame is put together, the bottom of the seat tube does not allow a dropper post to be inserted as far as you might think, and the cable routing seriously limits the operation too.

FWIW I think a RS Reverb with its centre mounted hose would be easier to push lower in the seat tube than most cable droppers with the cable offset to one side (as per Fox Transfer).

Make sure you try before you buy, and expect to have to do some experimentation with post sizes, types, and insertion.

Forgot to add - again I think another difference with the alloy frame, there is very limited room around the shock shaft - it is next to impossible to measure the sag o-ring. Can't even get a little finger in there, let alone any measuring device. I have just had to guess.
    How deep is the maximum insertion of the seat post? I calculated that I could use a 180 one up post, but a bit worried now. Edit: A bit strange that you almost had to slam a 125 post. I am also about 5 10 and on my last bike I had about 70 mm post showing with a 170mm dropper. That bike had 405mm seat tube length. The large Hightower has 430 according to geometry chart.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Anyone seen any BF deals for a CC frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight70 View Post
    Activejunky is offering 14% at Backcountry.com

You could always see what kind of deal your LBS can give you. ($3000 out the door isn't unreasonable.)

mtbr member
    May 2019
    On AJ... If you check the fine print, it's only 6% on "enduro frames."

But yeah, I should go hit LBSs...

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight70 View Post
    Not frames, but Chris King has a really nice deal that any wheelset comes with a free BB or headset. I bought my Reserve 30's from King and pimped out my frame in the process.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by snotrag View Post
    The presumption was that chaning to a 150mm dropper would be fine.

Regarding sizing and post, at 5"11 i run a large C frame (i could deal with a medium but large is definitely right), and a 150mm transfer post, so the alloy might definitely have an issue there. I wouldn't want a 125mm post! In fact, I want to swap the 150 for a 175mm later...

Regarding the shock, its about the same on the C frame. its hard to see the o-ring, but if you try hard enough you'll see it lol. I think its the same on the alloy frame. Swapping the frame from H to L and vice versa without taking everything apart is also "fun" (if you get it JUST RIGHT the little flip switch will fall off, but you can't just push it because the frame is in the way)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Has anybody found any bungs that fit the frame to blank off the internal routing? I need to cover up the rear derailleur holes and in the swing arm as a minimum.

mtbr member
    Has anybody found any bungs that fit the frame to blank off the internal routing? I need to cover up the rear derailleur holes and in the swing arm as a minimum.
    Iím using the Yeti one, not pergect fit but works! I didnít find any replacement for the one where the cable goes into the rear triangle so I left the original one!

https://www.yeticycles.com/gear/part...e-port-kit-axs

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just use 3m mastic and roll a small cut; make it as round as I can and sort of make a tail with it, like a tadpole.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using ****************android_app_mtbr

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hey just got a great Deal on the Hightower V2 X01. 5900 instead of 7399 Euros!!
    Just want to know if anyone got the complete and can tell me if they got the 2020 reverb or the old one??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldchiller View Post
    Hey just got a great Deal on the Hightower V2 X01. 5900 instead of 7399 Euros!!
    Just want to know if anyone got the complete and can tell me if they got the 2020 reverb or the old one??
    It comes with the new 2020 Reverb... and it is a big, and noticeable, improvement over the previous Reverb :-)
    2020 SC Hightower v2
    2019 Spec. Stumpjumper
    2018 SC Hightower v1
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2004 Spec. Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    Here's a way to identify the 2020 C1 Reverb externally. On the stanchion below the seat mounting, it's etched "reverb" with the travel amount.

Like the one on the right:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hightower V2-2019-2020-rockshox-reverb-dropper-post-comparison-5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kwapik View Post
    Here's a way to identify the 2020 C1 Reverb externally. On the stanchion below the seat mounting, it's etched "reverb" with the travel amount.

Like the one on the right:
    i got the old one stock on first orders of HT2, so picked mine up early July...everyone else seems to have got the new reverb in later orders.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I also got the old one when i tested the HT2 in July (I didnt buy it though, i bought a frame). Good news though, the old one .. was already sticking for me lol. I think they had it for 7 days total (SC HQ).

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Scratched the side of my blue Hightower v2 on the top tube pretty bad. Does anyone have a link to some kind of touch up pen/paint that is similar to that blue color? I got the color code from calling Santa Cruz but no auto shops/paint shops in my area can match it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Only thing I dont trust it carbon bars and cranks. First time for me with my X01 hightower V2 coming. Can you trust those bars and cranks? Also I really need to get torque wrechn now if want to change anything in the cockpit...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldchiller View Post
    Only thing I dont trust it carbon bars and cranks. First time for me with my X01 hightower V2 coming. Can you trust those bars and cranks? Also I really need to get torque wrechn now if want to change anything in the cockpit...
    I put 7150km (4445 miles) on my carbon RF Next G4 cranks, moved them from my Scott Spark to my Stumpjumper and since sold them. Absolutely no problems.

So far i Have 1560 km on the SRAM carbon cranks and carbon bars that came on the HT2.

Never had any issues with Renthal carbon bars with over 5000km on them.

Of course I am not beating my bikes up and I have heard of people breaking carbon cranks and bars.
    2020 SC Hightower v2
    2019 Spec. Stumpjumper
    2018 SC Hightower v1
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2004 Spec. Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Scratched the side of my blue Hightower v2 on the top tube pretty bad. Does anyone have a link to some kind of touch up pen/paint that is similar to that blue color? I got the color code from calling Santa Cruz but no auto shops/paint shops in my area can match it.
    Sounds like a long shot. Can you find somewhere to purchase online?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    https://www.myperfectcolor.com/paint...ens/semi-gloss

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I've used nail polish before, quite effectively, to touch up bike paint.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like Cane Creek was able to get a Hightower fitted with a coil:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/-cane-...il-shocks.html

Hightower V2-hightower_coil.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GIFFMANN View Post
    Looks like Cane Creek was able to get a Hightower fitted with a coil:

Name:	hightower_coil.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	1296669

Yup, I have the DBIL and Helm Coil being delivered today for mine. I'll be posting updates on it here.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    the cane creek on the blue HT looks so nice!

In other news if anyone cares, i measured the weight diff with a megneg on the rockshox super deluxe select+, megneg adds 55gr

mtbr member
    May 2012
    its 25+ USD for a touch up pen thought. This would be nice if we made a mass order or something hehe (due to the 20USD batch creation fee)

mtbr member

In other news if anyone cares, i measured the weight diff with a megneg on the rockshox super deluxe select+, megneg adds 55gr
    Good to know. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    It does! It'd look even cleaner with white downtube stickers instead of the the sand-colored ones that come stock.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456