Bronson creaking pretty much fixed using upper link bearings in lower link.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bronson creaking pretty much fixed using upper link bearings in lower link.

This is just a PSA for Bronson (2015 model for me) and maybe other VPP owners. My lower link bearings creaked something awful using the "correct" greasable bearings. I'm only slightly annoyed by creaking, so didn't go to heroic measures to try to stop it other than untorquing then greasing then retorquing, etc. I replaced the stockers twice with the warranty-supplied greasable bearings (they don't have seals so grease can be pumped through), and within a couple of rides the creak would be back.

The upper link bearings never wore out all this time, so I had a surplus laying around the shop. I put four in the lower link during the last service and voila! No more creaks, and I don't have to retorque as often. I have no idea why. As a side effect, my penis grew two inches, I have more chest hair, and strange women want to rub my beard now; so there's really no downside to this if you want to give it a try.

mtbr member
    Umm, unless the 2015 Bronson is different from the 2016 regarding bearings, they are the same in the upper and lower links.
    7902 2RS means two rubber seals, while 7902 1Z means one metal seal. The bearings are identical except for the seals.

I might try standard 61902 bearings in my 5010. They are not angular contact, but deep groove which should be enough. Then you can get SKF and better quality than the stock "Enduro" bearings (which is probably rebranded crap).

*tired of waiting for warranty bearings*