Bronson/5010 vs SB5c vs Mach6 vs T275c- Mtbr.com
    dmo
    mtbr member

Bronson/5010 vs SB5c vs Mach6 vs T275c

Looking for a fun 27.5 bike for xc/light trail that climbs as well as it descends. I know this is a SC forum but what do you think? Pros/cons etc?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Ride as many as you can and pick the one that fits/feels best to you. Can't go wrong with any of those.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    Looking for a fun 27.5 bike for xc/light trail that climbs as well as it descends. I know this is a SC forum but what do you think? Pros/cons etc?
    Bronson or SB5 (even though I haven't ridden it yet, owned a SB66 before) for a bike that climbs equally as well as it descends (versatile trail bikes in stock configuration). 5010 for more climb to descend (more XC trail bike in feel to me) and M6 and T275 for more descend to climb (better all-mt bikes).
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    I believe intense is releasing a spider 275 soon and would be perfect for what you want. All the other bikes you mentioned are more all mountain / enduro and not great climbers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have demoed all but the Intense. The SB5c blew me away, really. Climbed like a hardtail and allowed me to descend like a 20 year old.

The 5010 (to me) just felt heavy pedaling up my local trails. Im sure this can be fixed with a proper custom build. Also the geo didnt fit my body, long torso and short legs. I really wanted to like this bike, I demod it twice.

The Mach 6 was a Cadillac on the downs. Best ride I've ever had, I found myslef taking my finger of the brakes and just going for it. However, you pay the price on the climbs. I had to walk some steep FR sections that I was able to pedal up with the other bikes. Does do a good job in technical terrain though.

For me the Yeti had the best balance of those you mention.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Bronson,Pivot,Yeti,Intense

I was looking for do it all trail bike that had to climb reasonably well. Tried the Yeti Arc and SB5. Then the Bronson/Solo. I didn't get to the M6 or the Intense as I was looking for less Enduro and more trail bike. I was surprised that the most playfull, quick cornering , good climbing was the Bronson and it was the lightest of the bikes I tested. For me the Yeti SB5 was a close second. Some will rate them diff. But that's how they felt to me. Coming from 29's I spent almost a week over steering my Bronson, I did put a CC Inline on the bike.