mtbr member

Bronson 3 vs Nomad 4

Hi,

I currently have a Nomad 4 and a Following MB ... as much as I love the FMB, I don't think I need two bikes. I do a combination of bike park, enduro and trail riding and my current thinking is that the Nomad is too big as a one bike option and the FMB is too small. I have been thinking of switching out to a new Bronson, but am concerned that it will be under gunned at the bike park and more importantly, the Nomad will be fine as a one bike option (in particular if I put an 11-6 on it). Has anyone ridden both the Bronson and Nomad that can provide a comparison?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I've demoed a V3 Bronson and have one on order. I also have time on a V4 Nomad. Personally I'd keep two bikes if I were you. The Nomad is just enough bike for high speed bike park chunky tech, and the Bronson pedals/pops just well enough to use as an everyday trail bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    Hi,

I currently have a Nomad 4 and a Following MB ... as much as I love the FMB, I don't think I need two bikes. I do a combination of bike park, enduro and trail riding and my current thinking is that the Nomad is too big as a one bike option and the FMB is too small. I have been thinking of switching out to a new Bronson, but am concerned that it will be under gunned at the bike park and more importantly, the Nomad will be fine as a one bike option (in particular if I put an 11-6 on it). Has anyone ridden both the Bronson and Nomad that can provide a comparison?

Thanks!
    I have an N4 with Push 11/6 Nathanbal as my only bike. Iíve also spent some time on the Following MB. Ride Whistler/North Shore/Bellingham/Vancouver Island trails.

I spent a day riding with my friend a few weeks ago on his Bronson V3 and we did lots of swapping around. I was very impressed by the Bronson but I didnít feel my N4 gave up much in comparison. Climbing was a wash for me actually. I did notice the steeper seat angle of the Bronson but itís not a big difference.

Main difference was the super planted feel of the Nomad vs the poppier shorter travel air shock feel of the Bronson. Which isnít surprising given the almost exact geo specs on those two bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Wonder how close it would have been with an air shock. Did you lose any pop with the 11/6?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Throwing it out there but what about an N4 with two shocks, air for local daily driver and could for park.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by teej83 View Post
    Wonder how close it would have been with an air shock. Did you lose any pop with the 11/6?
    I ordered my N4 with the SD coil and rode it that way for a year before the 11/6 so I donít know, but I was wondering the same.

As to the other question I think I may have gained a bit more pop with the 11/6 vs the SDeluxe. The biggest difference though is traction and support , up and down, as per all other 11/6 reviews.

FWIW, I think people who really want to go air would likely prefer the Bronson now that its available. For those who prefer coil and extra travel w/o any real climbing penalty they would likely be better served by the Nomad.

Personally, after spending a lot of time comparing/riding both I was quite happy I had the Nomad, and was not left with any desire to get rid of it for the Bronson.
    Last edited by SCJG; 5 Days Ago at 09:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think given how close the geometry and weight is between the two and the feedback above, its probably not worth changing from the Nomad to the Bronson. The deal breaker is that I love running a coil for bike park days and sounds like that may be an issue on the Bronson.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think given how close the geometry and weight is between the two and the feedback above, its probably not worth changing from the Nomad to the Bronson. The deal breaker is that I love running a coil for bike park days and sounds like that may be an issue on the Bronson.
    If you wait a week I can tell you how it works with a CaneCreek DBcoil CS shock on it! ;-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider View Post
    If you wait a week I can tell you how it works with a CaneCreek DBcoil CS shock on it! ;-)
    Very keen to hear that review !