Blur LTc Downtube Protector- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Blur LTc Downtube Protector

i saw on the santa cruz website that the new S/C blur LTc has a downtube protector already. anyone know where i can buy one or anything similar?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Lizard Skins makes the ones that are on the 2011 LTc. I don't know if they will sell you one, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call on Monday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Do you have a link to the protector as I can't see it on the site?

Cheers,
    Will

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by milfredo
    Do you have a link to the protector as I can't see it on the site?

Cheers,
    Will
    You will not find it on their site, as they do not normally sell them individually. What I was saying is since Lizard Skins makes them for Santa Cruz you should try to call Lizard Skins and they might sell you one. I don't know for sure if they will, but I don't see why not.

Let us know though if they will.

mtbr member

Can't by a protector from Lizard skins

Talked to Lizard Skins and they only sell the down tube protectors to Santa Cruz. I sugest pestoring Santa Cruz. Hopefully they will make them available.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

downtube protection

I just bought my wife a 2010 LTC small from Competitive Cyclist. It did not come with the downtube protection. I called SC and they told me they were available but only to bike shops. The tech I talked to said they would be available online after the first of the year, but for now you would have to have your LBS call. I called Competitive Cyclist back and they ordered one for me for $16.00. I was happy to pay $16.00 to protect a $2000.00 plus frame.

Call Competitive.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ATVTYSON
    I just bought my wife a 2010 LTC small from Competitive Cyclist. It did not come with the downtube protection. I called SC and they told me they were available but only to bike shops. The tech I talked to said they would be available online after the first of the year, but for now you would have to have your LBS call. I called Competitive Cyclist back and they ordered one for me for $16.00. I was happy to pay $16.00 to protect a $2000.00 plus frame.

Call Competitive.
    My 2010 Large from competitive cyclist HAD the downtube protector, weird. Also the supposed 2010 Revelation Race I received from them has 2011 internals which made switching the travel a headache at first because the air spring assembly is different, it didn't match the 2010 pdf.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Any one have a photo of this LTc downtube protector........................

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo
    Any one have a photo of this LTc downtube protector........................
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    But that will make the frame heavier and flexy, not what the LTc is about..................

Trail Junkie
    Since when do Downtube protectors consume mass amounts of Burger King and are internet heroes at Call of Duty?

For my Blur Carbon I used a complete frame protector set from www.crankskins.com. I have to order another set since I just ordered a Tallboy yesterday! I like that set because it comes 20mil, haven't had anything peel, and comes with quite a bit if different pieces for cable rub and different parts of the frame. So far it has been very durable and no peeling...and cheap..like $20.
    Ibis Ripley LS
    Santa Cruz Chameleon SS
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc (Gravel)
    GT Piece Tour (Gravel)

Members who have read this thread: 0