Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)

The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-xmy19_bronson_blue_outside_v2.jpg

Announced today. Details from Santa Cruz. 10mm longer in the front, still 150mm rear. Lower and slacker. Adjustable flip chip. Can be built 27.5+, but not 29. All models are Eagle-equipped. Frame-only options are $1999 (Al) and $3299 (CC). Of course it has the lower-link driven shock just like the Nomad (v4). Rear brake line routing is completely internal. Dual uprights on the rear triangle.

The release video is a must-watch. Did you get all the references from the rats?

First-ride reviews:

NSMB also has an interview with Santa Cruz product manager Josh Kissner about both this bike and the 5010 v3, as well as a long-term review that expands on their original posting into 3 acts.

Previous Bronson threads: V2 and V1 (aka the picture thread).

Ride video: Trail Peek has POV video of riding the new Bronson in Downieville.
    Last edited by tbmaddux; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:40 PM. Reason: added long-term NSMB 3-part review

mtbr member
    someones a Santa Cruz N E R D !

mtbr member
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    5 month wait for a frame in New Zealand, what a joke. Was so keen to jump from yeti to Santa Cruz with the new V3 Brosan but already been waiting 3months for the realease so another 5 just wonít fly. Looking else where now, any recommendations, 27.5, similar travel, geo important, especially the mid/long reach.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Pivot Mach 6

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
    5 month wait for a frame in New Zealand, what a joke. Was so keen to jump from yeti to Santa Cruz with the new V3 Brosan but already been waiting 3months for the realease so another 5 just wonít fly. Looking else where now, any recommendations, 27.5, similar travel, geo important, especially the mid/long reach.
    Order it online from a US shop, youíll have it in a few weeks. Mine left the SC factory today,

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badams118 View Post
    Pivot Mach 6
    Ditto

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I was gonna say that it's a lot like the 2015 Transition Patrol.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Has anybody seen the different colored badges? It appears that the CC frames have a black badge with red lettering and th C frames have a black badge with white lettering. Appears to be consistent across other models as well

mtbr member
    Had a Bronson v1 and Iím really liking the new geo and linkage but canít decide if I want to go back to 27.5.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider View Post
    Order it online from a US shop, youíll have it in a few weeks. Mine left the SC factory today,
    Theyíre not allowed to ship out of USA and Iím not so keen on not having the dealer back up with a carbon frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Theyíre not allowed to ship out of USA and Iím not so keen on not having the dealer back up with a carbon frame.
    There is nothing like a nice justification for a mountain bike vacation, you combine the pickup of the new bike with a week of riding! Personnaly I wouldnít worry much about dealer backup, SC has a great reputation for warranty problems and I think you can deal with them directly for that. Anyway, the most important is to select the best bike for you, when you pay thousands of dollars you donít want to compromise on a frame that is not #1 on your list.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Rocky Mountain Altitude

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I really like the specs on this bike. I can't wait to demo one (even though I'm 100% satisfied with my current bike). I love that it has room for 2.8s, along with the 5010. Way to go Santa Cruz!

Not crazy about SC promoting drug use as "cool" in their release video, but the bikes look great.

mtbr member
    NSMB.com has a follow-up interview with Josh Kissner from Santa Cruz, about the Bronson and 5010 v3.

We have some demos arriving around here in about 2 weeks; will report back if I can get away from work.

mtbr member
    What is the length of the dropper post on the Bronson?

Erik

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    There is nothing like a nice justification for a mountain bike vacation, you combine the pickup of the new bike with a week of riding! Personnaly I wouldnít worry much about dealer backup, SC has a great reputation for warranty problems and I think you can deal with them directly for that. Anyway, the most important is to select the best bike for you, when you pay thousands of dollars you donít want to compromise on a frame that is not #1 on your list.
    Now that sounds like a plan 👍👍

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    What is the length of the dropper post on the Bronson?

Erik
    Obviously frame size dependant but Will be at least a 150, possibly a 170 on the large as the Nomads come with that and the seat Post is shorter on the Bronsan

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    No-one is complaining that you can't fit an angleset into Bronson3 due to the integrated headset? Or is 65HA considered as slack as slack should be?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Waiting on my frame arriving now. Got a DPX2 ready and waiting to fit on it. Hopefully it will be here within the week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Waiting on my frame arriving now. Got a DPX2 ready and waiting to fit on it. Hopefully it will be here within the week.
    Rick,

Are you still going to keep your Nomad as well? If so I'll be very curious what you think of the two back to back. I think you mentioned your Nomad was full coil now right? Do you plan on keeping the Bronson full air?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My C S+ build should arrive Thursday or Friday, I might be able to ride it on the weekend, fingers crossed!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    How is yours arriving so fast ? I ordered my 5010 C S build the day before the actual reveal and was told it wonít arrive till late August or early September .... what am I missing here ? Are you from different country or what ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    My C S+ build should arrive Thursday or Friday, I might be able to ride it on the weekend, fingers crossed!
    How is yours arriving so fast ? I ordered my 5010 C S build the day before the actual reveal and was told it wonít arrive till late August or early September .... what am I missing here ? Are you from different country or what ?

basically Iím jelly ..... haha how can I get mine faster !

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Rick,

Are you still going to keep your Nomad as well? If so I'll be very curious what you think of the two back to back. I think you mentioned your Nomad was full coil now right? Do you plan on keeping the Bronson full air?
    Nomads gone today. The Bronson looks perfect for what I need, slack head angle, 150mm out back 160mm up front. The Nomad is a great bike and does pedal well for a 170mm bike but on longer 30 mile rides its too much for the terrain on my doorstep.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Nomads gone today. The Bronson looks perfect for what I need, slack head angle, 150mm out back 160mm up front. The Nomad is a great bike and does pedal well for a 170mm bike but on longer 30 mile rides its too much for the terrain on my doorstep.
    Excited to hear your comparo. Not a fan of the old Bronson, but love the Nomad. Curious to hear how much better the new Bronson is in the saddle going uphill. Dropped my bike at the shop today for a suspension refresh and they dont even have any new Bronsons in stock yet, which is surprising.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by teej83 View Post
    Excited to hear your comparo. Not a fan of the old Bronson, but love the Nomad. Curious to hear how much better the new Bronson is in the saddle going uphill. Dropped my bike at the shop today for a suspension refresh and they dont even have any new Bronsons in stock yet, which is surprising.
    Yes they seem thin on the ground at the minute.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Rick, where do you ride, what kind of terrain?

I too am curious as to N4 coil vs Bronson V3 air. Iím wondering if they complement each other or if there is too much overlap?

mtbr member
    Trying to decide on size between m/l. Iím 5í10 and Iíve always been on medium evils and I had a medium v1 Bronson when it first came out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Trying to decide on size between m/l. Iím 5í10 and Iíve always been on medium evils and I had a medium v1 Bronson when it first came out.
    Definitely in-between size. Do you like longer bikes with short stems < 40mm or shorter bike with longer stems? >50mm.

For what it's worth, I'm 5' 7" and small Evils always felt too small for me. Medium is practically perfect with 40mm stem. I do like the stability of longer bikes. I'd say large for you.

Do you want stability or BMX playfulness? I feel 27.5 already gives that more playful feeling.
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

weareelements.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Same boat here except L/XL, 6'1" with 33.5 inch inseam and relatively long arms for height. Have always ridden large and am currently on a large Yeti and do feel a little cramped, but they run rather short so bit concerned the jump from 448 current reach to 490 on xl bronson might be a bit much but according to the sizing chart and because of my long arms Santa Cruz are recommending an XL. Any input appreciated, Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SCJG View Post
    Rick, where do you ride, what kind of terrain?

I too am curious as to N4 coil vs Bronson V3 air. Iím wondering if they complement each other or if there is too much overlap?
    I would bet there will be a lot of overlap. Similar suspension design. Close to same geo. Travel not too far off. One will undoubtably pedal a bit better and maybe be a bit poppier but I have a feeling they will be pretty close

On the other question - Iím 6í1.5Ē with long arms and ride an XL Nomad. Came from a large N3 which was too small. I feel I could ride either a large or XL with the new bikes but XL is a bit better fit. Given I ride Colorado and everything is high speed and rocky, I like the bigger size. Havenít had issues getting it around switchbacks

If SC is saying they recommend XL, id go that route. Can always put a shorter stem on if needed

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dylpickel View Post
    I ordered my Bronson a bit more than a week before it was announced. The SC rep was at my local shop that day and he booked it immediately. I'm in Canada and my shop told me last Thursday that it had just left the SC warehouse so if they shipped ground I should probably get it this Friday or early next week. Unless an SC clerk decided to pedal it up from California to Canada!!! haha

By the way I also saw a gray one at a shop demo event this weekend so there are definitely some that have started arriving in shops.

CC
    Oct 2004
    The frame weight for a Large CC with shock is 5.79 pounds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Climb View Post
    The frame weight for a Large CC with shock is 5.79 pounds.
    Really? Is that yours or verified at a shop? That's what I read a while ago, which is about 1.5 lbs lighter than a Nomad I think. But the NSMB article said there was only about .25 difference between the Nomad and Bronson...so curious what is correct.

But if so, that's hella light for how capable it is.

CC
    Oct 2004
    Really? Is that yours or verified at a shop? That's what I read a while ago, which is about 1.5 lbs lighter than a Nomad I think. But the NSMB article said there was only about .25 difference between the Nomad and Bronson...so curious what is correct.

But if so, that's hella light for how capable it is.
    See at the 2:25 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aasgLvmmV-Y

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Climb View Post
    So completely unverified by a Youtuber. He got the high and low flip chip settings mixed up...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I spoke to someone at SCB on Friday and they said a Medium CC frame was 5.8 Lbs. I have a hard time believing this since Kissner stated in the NSMB article it was only .25 Lbs. lighter than the N4.

The person I spoke with also confirmed the Fox 36 has a 44mm offset, not 37mm.

mtbr member
    That weight is also what I saw in one of the articles online, but can't remember which. This youtube may be from the same source.

Either way, I want to see one of these (and the new 5010) hanging off a scale and verified. If it's really only .25 lighter than a Nomad at 7.2 lbs or so for a large with SD Air, then that's a lot of overlap. If it's the weight in the video, less overlap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwdrums00 View Post
    I spoke to someone at SCB on Friday and they said a Medium CC frame was 5.8 Lbs. I have a hard time believing this since Kissner stated in the NSMB article it was only .25 Lbs. lighter than the N4.

I can see the 5010 being that light, but not the Bronson. The 5010 looks to have smaller looking frame tubes similar to the blur, where the Bronson has larger tubes like a Nomad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I was at my LBS in Santa Cruz over the weekend and a Large Bronson V3 X01 Reserve build with plastic shop pedals was 30 lbs. 8oz. on their park tools scale.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Dpx2

Are you going straight at it or has it been especially tuned?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by moranpepe View Post
    Are you going straight at it or has it been especially tuned?
    Straight at it out of the box (will be a MM tune I believe) and then I will make any adjustments to the valving I feel it needs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Straight at it out of the box (will be a MM tune I believe) and then I will make any adjustments to the valving I feel it needs.
    sweet. I just placed an order for a L frame. I'm at 5'11" coming from a Yeti SB6. Really excited to try it out and although I've always used Fox, I'm going to try out the Super Deluxe RCT before making any decisions on it. Let me know how it feels with the DPX2.

I currently have one on my SB5 and I like it a lot.

mtbr member
    Saw one in a shop this weekend up in VT. Shop dude said he's sold 5 of them already, and that was on Friday. Parking lot pedaled it around the lot. Felt good I guess. Wrong size and suspension not setup for me so impossible to tell. I'm short and have a small N4 which fits me perfectly. The medium B3 felt really big to me. Like there isn't any way I could live with it. In comparison the Medium N4 felt big but I could live with it.

This was a lower end build but it felt pretty hefty. Considerably heavier than my blinged out N4. The tubes aren't that much smaller than the N4. I would be surprised if it were any lighter than the N4. Maybe by a little.

The lady who was looking to buy it was probably about 5'7". With the 150 dropper as low as it could go in the seattube (about an inch from the collar) it was too tall for her. So either a 125 or a different dropper would be necessary for her.

Overall bike looked pretty sweet. Really liking the Nomad4 so I'm not really that interested. The lack of support for DHX2/X2 makes it a no-go in my book. Silly that they only offer them with Rockshocks on the rear. I asked the SantaCruz rep about that with the Nomad. He didn't have a good answer for me

Cheers!
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by moranpepe View Post
    sweet. I just placed an order for a L frame. I'm at 5'11" coming from a Yeti SB6. Really excited to try it out and although I've always used Fox, I'm going to try out the Super Deluxe RCT before making any decisions on it. Let me know how it feels with the DPX2.

I currently have one on my SB5 and I like it a lot.
    The Super Deluxe RCT is not a bad shock at all, it works well and does a job. I just prefer Fox suspension though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak View Post
    Overall bike looked pretty sweet. Really liking the Nomad4 so I'm not really that interested. The lack of support for DHX2/X2 makes it a no-go in my book. Silly that they only offer them with Rockshocks on the rear. I asked the SantaCruz rep about that with the Nomad. He didn't have a good answer for me

Cheers!
    If/When Fox make a 210x55 DHX2 it should fit the Bronson reading what people have said. Its only the X2 and Cane Creek IL/DBA that apparently dont fit due to the air can size.

mtbr member
    So who is doing a custom build with a primer grey cc frame and a red lyrik.🔥🔥🔥

mtbr member
    Still canít decide on size. I had a nomad 4 in large and I felt is was hard to handle while seated in corners but maybe I have just been used to riding smaller bikes. Thinking Iím gonna keep my following mb so Iíll probably do a large Bronson. And the colors are so damn good that I canít decide. I have a drunken olive following mb and a dark green Rocky Mountain solo cross bike so I might go industry blue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Still canít decide on size. I had a nomad 4 in large and I felt is was hard to handle while seated in corners but maybe I have just been used to riding smaller bikes. Thinking Iím gonna keep my following mb so Iíll probably do a large Bronson. And the colors are so damn good that I canít decide. I have a drunken olive following mb and a dark green Rocky Mountain solo cross bike so I might go industry blue.
    While the industry blue is certainly an eye catcher I think itís definitely a one season color just like the pink Bronson or aqua ďmagentaĒ Nomadís that no one wants anymore.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I still love the pink Bronson and aqua nomad colors.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    The Super Deluxe RCT is not a bad shock at all, it works well and does a job. I just prefer Fox suspension though.
    I'm with you, this bike should have a factory dpx2, and optional dhx2 coil... in a perfect world.

Oh and let us custom order paint to sample colors!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hill View Post
    While the industry blue is certainly an eye catcher I think itís definitely a one season color just like the pink Bronson or aqua ďmagentaĒ Nomadís that no one wants anymore.
    The Miami Vice Nomad is the best colorway SC has come with in recent years. Only thing close is the Tennis Ball Yellow Bronson.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So who is doing a custom build with a primer grey cc frame and a red lyrik.
    Me, almost! I have a primer grey C S+ build on order and the shop will swap the Fox 36 on it with a red Lyrik. Should get it by end of this week or sometimes next week. I'll post a pic as soon as I have it.

CC
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rondre3000 View Post
    The Miami Vice Nomad is the best colorway SC has come with in recent years. Only thing close is the Tennis Ball Yellow Bronson.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    My Fav was the Orange OG Solo's.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    That's the great thing about that primer grey is you could do the red lyrik, orange 36, dvo green, or blue Helm and all would look fantastic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Arrived Friday....

S C build in primer grey. It pedals much better than my 2018 5010. Steeper seat tube works well on this frame. buget DT Swiss 370 hubs are crap, replacing with i9 enduro 305s. Reverb dropper still not as good as 9.8 fall line. Make those two changes and this bike rocks.

Wolftooth iscg5 chain guide does not work due to the recessed nature of the frame around the bottom bracket, would need a few spacers but seems like would interfere with rear triangle.

Iíll be posting some video reviews on YouTube channel MTB Plan B in the coming weeks.

The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-92f964e3-fa4a-4147-b573-ae303dea4e98.jpg
    The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-7d9f79ec-277a-450a-9c47-c9af9329d61d.jpg

mtbr member
    How tall and what size frame?

Professional MTBR Member
    Sep 2017
    That weight is also what I saw in one of the articles online, but can't remember which. This youtube may be from the same source.

Either way, I want to see one of these (and the new 5010) hanging off a scale and verified. If it's really only .25 lighter than a Nomad at 7.2 lbs or so for a large with SD Air, then that's a lot of overlap. If it's the weight in the video, less overlap.
    SC's website says 29.14 lbs for the '19 Bronson CC X01 Reserve.

My '18 Nomad CC X01 Reserve had a claimed weight in the low 28s. Haven't had a chance to weigh mine yet.

Professional MTBR Member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwdrums00 View Post

Maybe that's without the shock? I see plenty of SC frames hanging at the LBS with no shocks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Scpage View Post
    S C build in primer grey. It pedals much better than my 2018 5010. Steeper seat tube works well on this frame. buget DT Swiss 370 hubs are crap, replacing with i9 enduro 305s. Reverb dropper still not as good as 9.8 fall line. Make those two changes and this bike rocks.

Wolftooth iscg5 chain guide does not work due to the recessed nature of the frame around the bottom bracket, would need a few spacers but seems like would interfere with rear triangle.

Iíll be posting some video reviews on YouTube channel MTB Plan B in the coming weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92F964E3-FA4A-4147-B573-AE303DEA4E98.jpg 
Views:	1882 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	1208115

Name:	7D9F79EC-277A-450A-9C47-C9AF9329D61D.jpg 
Views:	3673 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	1208116
    Looks really good!

mtbr member
    S C build in primer grey. It pedals much better than my 2018 5010
    Looks good!

But it seriously pedals better than the 5010v2? That thing was like a rocket when you got on the pedals.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Anyone have thoughts about putting a shorter offset fork on the new Bronson?

mtbr member
    Curious about this comment.

I haven't seen any pictures of the frame only and all the built bikes don't look like they have bash guards.

Any more information on this?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miťrcoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Curious about this comment.

I haven't seen any pictures of the frame only and all the built bikes don't look like they have bash guards.

Any more information on this?
    I have to imagine there is a fit out there. Nomad came with one and the bottom bracket area is similar. Dunno if the nomad chain guide would fit though

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have to imagine there is a fit out there. Nomad came with one and the bottom bracket area is similar. Dunno if the nomad chain guide would fit though
    Look closely on the shots of Ratboy from the release video and it looks like he has a ethirteen one on the bike he is riding, same as nomad one.
    And this from website
    Can I mount a chainguide to my bike?
    Yes, this bike is equipped with ISCG-05 tabs for easy chainguide mounting. Most chainguides on the market that are made for this standard should work.

mtbr member
    Look closely on the shots of Ratboy from the release video and it looks like he has a ethirteen one on the bike he is riding, same as nomad one.
    And this from website
    Can I mount a chainguide to my bike?
    Yes, this bike is equipped with ISCG-05 tabs for easy chainguide mounting. Most chainguides on the market that are made for this standard should work.
    So is it the two bolt style bash/guide that works?

The new stumpy only has two of the ISCG-05 tabs so maybe it's similar to that?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miťrcoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Assuming the Bronson is like the Nomad, I used a OneUp Bash on my Nomadv4.

I tried two older MRP guides and they would work. Was was the full 3 bolt and hit the chainstay if I remember. The second was had the cut out near the 9'oclock position (can't remember if 2 or 3 bolt), but it for a 38t ring or something and was too tall, and again hit the frame where it protruds for the chunnel area.

I'd guess the E13 or OneUp would work fine on the Bronson thought, they are pretty similar in design.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    So is it the two bolt style bash/guide that works?

The new stumpy only has two of the ISCG-05 tabs so maybe it's similar to that?
    Three tabís , can see them on the photos on website.

mtbr member
    I am, will post a picture tomorrow

mtbr member
    I just installed a One Up Chain and Bash on mine...

mtbr member
    The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-2019-bronson-v3.jpg Better pics will be posted tomorrow

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradical View Post

Name:	2019 Bronson V3.jpg 
Views:	4039 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	1208532 Better pics will be posted tomorrow
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Name:	2019 Bronson V3.jpg 
Views:	4039 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	1208532 Better pics will be posted tomorrow
    Bradical, very interested in your thoughts Bronson V3 vs your N4 when you get some time on the new bike, thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    damn $4400 for the base carbon? and 34.5 lbs for the alum?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Bryce has a Super Deluxe coil on his Bronson now.

mtbr member
    The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-bronson.jpg

mtbr member
    Bryce has a Super Deluxe coil on his Bronson now.
    Interesting... so it fits.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BTTR View Post
    Interesting... so it fits.
    Yes, photos are on his Instagram story.

mtbr member
    Darn, I just dumped my R shock for a RCT , hmmmm. I would have probs ordered a coil if I knew this. Oh well , maybe later

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Name:	Bronson.jpg 
Views:	1957 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	1208635
    What bash/guide you running Bradical?

Gnar? I didn't see it...
    Post # 72: One Up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Here is mine.

The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-bronson.jpg

mtbr member
    Man these look good.

Roman, would love to know how you think it compares/how much it overlaps with the Nomad when you get more time on it.

rwo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I know SC say not compatible with 29, but who is going to be the first to try?

Surely the new 27+ Bronson is a pretty close preview to the next HTLT...

mtbr member
    Man these look good.

Roman, would love to know how you think it compares/how much it overlaps with the Nomad when you get more time on it.
    You bet im heading out on a 10 day road trip tomorrow thru a few states to ride and I plan to put it thru it's paces.

Quote Originally Posted by rwo View Post
    I know SC say not compatible with 29, but who is going to be the first to try?

Surely the new 27+ Bronson is a pretty close preview to the next HTLT...
    Already tried and it's a no go

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    If the next Hightower LT has the same design I am sold. I currently ride a OG Hightower and have a Nomad (V3). Looking to go down to one bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
    Here is mine.

Name:	bronson.jpg 
Views:	2251 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	1208783
    Epic build! Well done.

mtbr member
    Here is mine.

That is so sick!! How tall and what size?

mtbr member
    That is so sick!! How tall and what size?
    5'8 med

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Here is mine.

That's Rad. Rom3n, I believe you were a big Evil Fan before right? And owned a Following, Insurgent and Calling? Would love to hear your comparison with regards to climbing and descending. Trying to decide between a Calling and the new Bronson. Would love to hear your thoughts on the bike after you've ridden it.
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

weareelements.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    That's Rad. Rom3n, I believe you were a big Evil Fan before right? And owned a Following, Insurgent and Calling? Would love to hear your comparison with regards to climbing and descending. Trying to decide between a Calling and the new Bronson. Would love to hear your thoughts on the bike after you've ridden it.
    I like Evil bikes and the Calling is a really fun bike. Looking forward to spending some time on this guy. Initial impression on my first quick setup ride were very positive and having spent a lot of time on the nomad I felt very comfortable right away. Time to hit the road

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I like Evil bikes and the Calling is a really fun bike. Looking forward to spending some time on this guy. Initial impression on my first quick setup ride were very positive and having spent a lot of time on the nomad I felt very comfortable right away. Time to hit the road
    Awesome. Looking forward to it. Mostly curious if itís a lot more bike then the Calling or similar. I guess all the benefits none of the negatives type thing.

---------------------
    Evil Following

weareelements.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Ratboyís coil equipped Bronson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMhxL92EyrUThe 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-bronson-coil.jpg

mtbr member
    5'8 med
    Would you have went medium at 5'10. I always ride Evil mediums.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    Awesome. Looking forward to it. Mostly curious if itís a lot more bike then the Calling or similar. I guess all the benefits none of the negatives type thing.
    I now have one good ride on my new Bronson and just a few weeks ago I tried a Calling on a similar trail (technical, relatively tight, no long uphill but some steep). PS, The Calling had a 160mm Pike in front and my Bronson has a 170mm Lyrik.

I can say they are similar in some ways, different in others but the new Bronson is definitely not a lot more bike! I would say the Bronson felt a bit more planted in front on steep uphill. The rear travel on both is fantastic, very plush but not wallowy, overal I give the nod to the Bronson on this though, just feels unbelievably plush on roots and rocks. The new Lyrik is ways above the 2018 Pike the Calling had. The Calling feels a bit more agile in tight stuff, not that the Bronson canít negociate tight stuff, it does but with a bit more work.

I almost bought a Calling until I heard the Bronson was coming. Today Iím happy I did go with the Bronson but honestly itís mostly because I am a super fan of SantaCruz because I would sure have been very happy on a Calling.

mtbr member
    Interesting, thanks for the thoughts. I was looking at a Calling at one point a few months ago to compliment my N4.

mtbr member
    I had a calling and it was a killer short travel rig. I figured the Bronson was gonna be closer to a nomad than a calling.. might go nomad to compliment the following mb instead of a Bronson.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I had a calling and it was a killer short travel rig. I figured the Bronson was gonna be closer to a nomad than a calling.. might go nomad to compliment the following mb instead of a Bronson.
    I've been thinking my Nomad 4 and the new 5010 might be a good combo.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast