Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 1016
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i am also perfectly fine with 650b wheels. so i stay with a bronson. everybody tells me to get a 29er at 6ī1" but i prefer the smaller wheelsize.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi, does anyone use a non-boost XT M8000 crankset on a new v3 Bronson? The chainline on the new v3 Bronson is 55mm vs 50mm on v2. My aluminum frame will arrive late in February and I would like to be prepared with a boost crankset if the non-boost will not work properly.
    Thanks .
    Last edited by radubv; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    UPDATE REF THE CRAP SUPER DELUXE SHOCK ISSUES WITH KNOCKING/LOOSE FEELING

well ive got a dpx2 and can confirm all my issues ive had from day 1 have disappeared, no more loose/knocking on the bike from the rear end, if youve got this issue you will know how frustrating it is... ive had this since day one on mine, on certain terrains it feels terrible, like the rear triangle of the frame is loose, or a extremely worn knocking bushing. its non of those. it is indeed the shock itself or somehow something weird going on with the lower bearing mount.

so to confirm, a dpx 2 has fixed the issue instantly, real difference is the dpx2 uses bushes on the lower mount so may well be the bearing system causing it. no idea, but by Christ I am glad ive sorted it, my bike for the first time actually felt normal last night. after 2 months of tracking it down from new!!!!

ive emailed santa cruz, but had no reply! they don't really seem interested so I must admit ive lost a bit of faith in SC, its a known issue, numerous people have emailed in and had little to no response. customer service used to be excellent at SC but I must say its gone down the pan for me in the last year or so. hey ho.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider View Post
    Personally I'd get the CC for now and buy an upgrade for the shock in a year or two when you feel like it. I doubt the DPX2 is significantly better than the RS so this way you'd have the best frame for a long time plus a justification to upgrade the shock later! haha

And you might also endup like me for the shock! I have a C with RS super deluxe since last july and I'm currently waiting for a CaneCreek DBCoil CS I ordered several weeks ago! Unfortunately I didn't have the budget for a CC at the time.
    is there really that much difference between C and CC? more than the difference between Super deluxe rct and Fox DPX2?

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI VNS-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    what settings are folks who have dpx2 on their frames running?

mines is standard, so hasnt been revalved etc, or tuned.

be interesting hear what folk are running

SendIt
    Quote Originally Posted by Didzy2009 View Post

well ive got a dpx2 and can confirm all my issues ive had from day 1 have disappeared, no more loose/knocking on the bike from the rear end, if youve got this issue you will know how frustrating it is... ive had this since day one on mine, on certain terrains it feels terrible, like the rear triangle of the frame is loose, or a extremely worn knocking bushing. its non of those. it is indeed the shock itself or somehow something weird going on with the lower bearing mount.

so to confirm, a dpx 2 has fixed the issue instantly, real difference is the dpx2 uses bushes on the lower mount so may well be the bearing system causing it. no idea, but by Christ I am glad ive sorted it, my bike for the first time actually felt normal last night. after 2 months of tracking it down from new!!!!

ive emailed santa cruz, but had no reply! they don't really seem interested so I must admit ive lost a bit of faith in SC, its a known issue, numerous people have emailed in and had little to no response. customer service used to be excellent at SC but I must say its gone down the pan for me in the last year or so. hey ho.

Glad you got the issue resolved. I know how frustrating it can be when you buy a new item and it has issues. This worries me, since i have a new Bronson on the way. Fingers crossed i dont have the same issue.

I know you said SC isnt being very helpful, would contacting Rockshox be worth a shot. Since it is there shock. Not saying SC shouldnt do the right thing but just thinking it might be worth just going straight to Rockshox...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal Mtb Addict View Post
    Glad you got the issue resolved. I know how frustrating it can be when you buy a new item and it has issues. This worries me, since i have a new Bronson on the way. Fingers crossed i dont have the same issue.

I know you said SC isnt being very helpful, would contacting Rockshox be worth a shot. Since it is there shock. Not saying SC shouldnt do the right thing but just thinking it might be worth just going straight to Rockshox...
    Any forum members work in a bike shop and hear of any issues with the Super Deluxe? I really donít want to buy another shock to fix this issue. If I knew what it was it would help to address it under the warranty. Thanks

mtbr member
    what settings are folks who have dpx2 on their frames running?

mines is standard, so hasnt been revalved etc, or tuned.

be interesting hear what folk are running
    how is it compared to the super deluxe?

mtbr member

It does not only knock but it leaka too!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Iím 6-2.5"ish with a 6-3 arm length and about 35.5Ē inseam , coming from a XL Bronson V1 with 50mm stem to a Bronson V3. How does the vertical seat tube affect the reach feel with the increased top tube resulting in the bars being ~40mm farther away on the V3 Xl vs the V1 Bronson?

My buddy rides an V1 Bronson Large and it definitely turns quicker and front felt more planted than my XL but I felt a little cramped with a 50mm stem on his L. My XL, I didnít really like the reach when I had a 60/70mm stem fitted it on there for a ride or two compared to my 50mm stem although I did feel a little more front end traction with the 70mm stem. Felt like I was bent over at the waist too much?

Just trying to figure out if Xl with like a 30mm stem is still my best bet or try a V3 L with a 50mm stem?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Those of ya'll who have fitted a FOX X2 on the Bronson, how does it ride and are there any rubbing/scratches?

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Idsmokeu2, Iím 6í on a L with the stock 50mm stem and itís perfect. I have about 2Ē of exposed seatpost below the collar of my 150mm OneUp. My inseam is 33Ē with normal length arms. If youíll be charging chunk or park, Iíd definitely do the XL.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan View Post
    Idsmokeu2, Iím 6í on a L with the stock 50mm stem and itís perfect. I have about 2Ē of exposed seatpost below the collar of my 150mm OneUp. My inseam is 33Ē with normal length arms. If youíll be charging chunk or park, Iíd definitely do the XL.
    I ride the smokies in East Tennessee, so I don't really do park much on it. It's more ^^^^^^ riding. The Bronson is a little overkill for some of my local stuff but I use it as a do-it-all bike esp when we go out west. I use it to cross train for off-road moto so Im used to slamming into stuff which I think is why I prefer it over my wife's 5010.

I'm going to see if is LBS has any in stock to check out. I doubt they will but it's worth a shot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Listen! Coil Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Finally got my frame the other day and built it up today. Not ridden it properly yet but early impressions are that its going to be bloody brilliant:

Attachment 1216917
    Attachment 1216918
    Attachment 1216919
    Attachment 1216920
    Hello! How does the bike perform with coil shock? Any recommendations on spring rate?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by one_happy_hippy View Post
    Update: Finally got the Ohlins TTX fitted to my XL Bronson. The older standard springs with the larger OD are unlikely to fit as there is an only a few mm of clearance around the lightweight spring.

Only had a couple of riders on it so far. Initial impressions are that there is no detriment to its climbing ability even when spinning up long fire road climbs. Descending it is more supportive in the mid strokes, bike is still quite poppy. I would like it slightly more plush in the initial part of the travel, I think this is partially as Iím running a 525lb spring and I reckon I could really do with a 10-15lb lighter spring but the next step down is 502lbs which I suspect will be a be soft.

Hello! how does the bike perform with that shock? Whats the exact model model that you got? whats the correct spring lbs for yout weight? regards

mtbr member
    Finally got my frame the other day and built it up today. Not ridden it properly yet but early impressions are that its going to be bloody brilliant:

Attachment 1216917
    Attachment 1216918
    Attachment 1216919
    Attachment 1216920
    BLING BLING!!! That thing looks sweet! Nice parts choices, and spared no expense on the cranks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Santa Cruz Bronson CC XO1

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by framos41 View Post
    Hello! How does the bike perform with coil shock? Any recommendations on spring rate?
    Its great, been waiting for a Fox SLS 600lb spring but its taking ages so I have fitted the DPX2 at the minute. Definitely prefer the coil to the air shock though.

I also have a Cane Creek DB Coil CS shock coming for it to try as well. I run a suspension service centre so I like to try everything I can supply!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bret56 View Post
    BLING BLING!!! That thing looks sweet! Nice parts choices, and spared no expense on the cranks

Thanks, it's now got Chris King hubs and new XTR drivetrain (with an eagle cassette) and brakes on it.

mtbr member
    Thanks, it's now got Chris King hubs and new XTR drivetrain (with an eagle cassette) and brakes on it.
    Thats awesome! Good to know the shimano 12 speed also works with an eagle cassette! No new driver required

Do u notice a difference with those cranks or is it mainly weight?

Also let us know how the coil does when ur new spring arrives. What do u weigh and what sag will that 600# sls spring give u? I want to try a coil at some point as well, just gotta figure what one lol. Im 180ish geared up, ride fast and hard and junp and drop just nothing HUGE, and run 210psi with a knar dog and a regular spacer in my super deluxe rt3 and use full travel with a bottom out almost every ride.

Also just put some we are kne agents laced to i9 torch hubs on 2 weeks ago and have been awesome so far!

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    Thats awesome! Good to know the shimano 12 speed also works with an eagle cassette! No new driver required

Also let us know how the coil does when ur new spring arrives. What do u weigh and what sag will that 600# sls spring give u? I want to try a coil at some point as well, just gotta figure what one lol. Im 180ish geared up, ride fast and hard and junp and drop just nothing HUGE, and run 210psi with a knar dog and a regular spacer in my super deluxe rt3 and use full travel with a bottom out almost every ride.

Also just put some we are kne agents laced to i9 torch hubs on 2 weeks ago and have been awesome so far!

If you hit big stuff mrp hazzard with the progrezzive springs might be better for you. The frame is too linear and the coil shock could bottom out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxdagr8t View Post
    If you hit big stuff mrp hazzard with the progrezzive springs might be better for you. The frame is too linear and the coil shock could bottom out.

Thanks for the tip. Do u recomend the mrp as a whole or just the progressive spring on any other coil shock body?

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    Thanks for the tip. Do u recomend the mrp as a whole or just the progressive spring on any other coil shock body?

The whole set up, although i emailed them regarding the fitting they said it might not fit but considering the ohlins and jade fits with decent clearance it should fit . Ohlins looks nice but don't know how progressive their springs are. Jade is smooth but install is a biznatch. Fox won't release a 210x55 shock until summer per lbs but you can custom make one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Nice bike!

I don't really hit too much big stuff but I do ride quite hard. I am running about 30% sag and it feels good.

For you I would be looking at the EXT Storia Lok V3 shock, it's got a hydraulic bottom out control which will allow you to run a decent spring rate still and not bottom out too easily. I am going to try and get one of them to try on my own bike when they are released.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    MRP w/prog spring or Storia V3 could both be good solutions. If I was running a Push AC3 up front I'd be partial to a progressive spring in the rear to keep the front to back feel similar as it's also using a spring ramp up, with the Storia I'd be looking at a Smashpot from Vorsprung (which uses a hydraulic bottom out) once available. The kicker though is EXT makes their springs in 25lb increments, while MRP has only list springs in 50lb increments - that would push me towards the Storia (assuming either fits).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmokeu2 View Post
    Iím 6-2.5"ish with a 6-3 arm length and about 35.5Ē inseam , coming from a XL Bronson V1 with 50mm stem to a Bronson V3. How does the vertical seat tube affect the reach feel with the increased top tube resulting in the bars being ~40mm farther away on the V3 Xl vs the V1 Bronson?

My buddy rides an V1 Bronson Large and it definitely turns quicker and front felt more planted than my XL but I felt a little cramped with a 50mm stem on his L. My XL, I didnít really like the reach when I had a 60/70mm stem fitted it on there for a ride or two compared to my 50mm stem although I did feel a little more front end traction with the 70mm stem. Felt like I was bent over at the waist too much?

Just trying to figure out if Xl with like a 30mm stem is still my best bet or try a V3 L with a 50mm stem?

I'd definitely go with an XL if I were you. I'm 5'11.5" and had a L with a 50mm stem. Even at my size, I'd like to have tried an XL with a 35mm stem.

mtbr member
    is the dpx2 a big step up from the super deluxe? did you have the R or RCT?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan View Post
    Yep. RWC needle bearing.
    can the dpx2 still be mounted with regular bushings mount kit?

mtbr member

reverb off a v2 ok for the v3?

can i just install the 150mm reverb off my 2017 v2 on a v3 without any kind of modification? i read somewhere that SC suggests to remove the connector at the bottom or something like that.

right now my reverb is only like 2cm from completely slammed into the seatpost. will that be a problem? i am 176cm tall.

Name:  IMG_20180429_120529.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  8.9 KB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stepping-razor View Post
    can i just install the 150mm reverb off my 2017 v2 on a v3 without any kind of modification? i read somewhere that SC suggests to remove the connector at the bottom or something like that.

right now my reverb is only like 2cm from completely slammed into the seatpost. will that be a problem? i am 176cm tall.

Name:  IMG_20180429_120529.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  8.9 KB
    What size is ur v3 frame? If its a medium u will need a diff connector on the bottom. Problem is that they arent available yet even from rockshox. Only come specd on new builds as of right now. The pic i included is the connector u need for max insertion. No other one will be as stubby. This will be the only style that will work to get the most post insertion on a med frame with a 150mm reverb.

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

Thirsty
    Is the blue color a gloss finish or matte finish? Iíve seen the grey in person and donít like the matte finish it has.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewMaster View Post
    Is the blue color a gloss finish or matte finish? Iíve seen the grey in person and donít like the matte finish it has.

Thanks.
    Its matte as well

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    May 2016

Thanks.
    The blue is matte.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-img_3502.jpg
    The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-img_3537.jpg

Here are some shots of one I was trying.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    So I went ahead and ordered an XL Grey XX1+ build. Some immediate changes I will be making are:

Fox Factory X2 Shock
    Fox Factory Transfer 150 w/ wolf tooth switch
    Gold XX1 Cassette and chain
    Race Face SixC 35 bar 35 rise
    Minion DHF 2.8 up front
    Definitely new brakes, no idea which though. Have had Saints on my last two bikes but wouldn't mind a little more modulation but definitely not as much as SRAM's. If anyone has a good recommendation let me know. Thinking maybe Hopes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cblesius View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3502.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	493.3 KB 
ID:	1233069

Name:	IMG_3537.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	350.8 KB 
ID:	1233070

Here are some shots of one I was trying.
    Sexy

mtbr member
    What size is ur v3 frame? If its a medium u will need a diff connector on the bottom. Problem is that they arent available yet even from rockshox. Only come specd on new builds as of right now. The pic i included is the connector u need for max insertion. No other one will be as stubby. This will be the only style that will work to get the most post insertion on a med frame with a 150mm reverb.

yes it's a medium frame. so i'm forced to buy a new one? when will it end????

SendIt
    I got my v3 Bronson xo1 build today. I was grateful it made it to me in Cali from Colorado without any damage. It was packed quite well, only thing i didnt like is they had the derailleur attached and it showed up with a slightly bent hanger. My shifting was off, even after i adjusted the b-gap with the tool and tried dialing in my shifting. Took the hanger off and laid it flat on my counter and it has a slight arc to it. The extra one provided was perfectly flat. So i changed that out and made a world of difference.

I dont know why they would attach the hanger, other than maybe for someone who is new to have it set up already.

I got off work late today so by the time i got home i barely had time to unpack it, inspect it, and get it put together. Still need to fine tune things. Also have a Invisiframe kit i need to install. I took a shot of it in my living room where i unpacked and assembled it. Garage was to cold...lol

My question to you guys is what are these blue sticker looking things that came with the bike for??

Super pumped, cant wait to take it for a rip....

The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-20190111_194438.jpg
    The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-20190111_230103.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Why doesn't taking the connectamajig off the reverb and replacing it with this piece work?
    The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-se243d07.jpg

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-R...SABEgIz4vD_BwE

And this barb and strain relief also comes with a replacement hose kit.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-R...placement-Hose

I have a 170mm B1 reverb that i did this with that gave me the right clearance.

The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-img_3294.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chiburi View Post
    Iíve had a ton of Yetiís in the past and now only ride SC.... bike just does what it should without the issues associated with some other brands (I do not like PFBB, will never buy another bike with one). As for a comparison with the SB6, I have the V3+ size bronson(larger tires). I wonít be selling any time soon and feel itís very similar in compliance and rampup with an SB6.
    Hi Chiburi, how does the climb of the Bronson V3 vs the Yeti SB6? Am looking at the Bronson mainly due to the steeper seat angle, yet same head angle of the SB6. Am sold on steep seat angles for climbing after riding my YT Capra 29 AL. Thought of swapping out my SB6 frame for the Bronson AL purely on the seat angle and easier climbing capability. Plus, am no Richie Rude, the SB6 needs to be ridden hard and fast all the time to feel good.

Cheers mate.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    So I went ahead and ordered an XL Grey XX1+ build. Some immediate changes I will be making are:

Fox Factory X2 Shock
    Fox Factory Transfer 150 w/ wolf tooth switch
    Gold XX1 Cassette and chain
    Race Face SixC 35 bar 35 rise
    Minion DHF 2.8 up front
    Definitely new brakes, no idea which though. Have had Saints on my last two bikes but wouldn't mind a little more modulation but definitely not as much as SRAM's. If anyone has a good recommendation let me know. Thinking maybe Hopes?
    I would hold off on the transfer, just saw Fox is coming out with a 170mm version.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Best all around bike i have so far.

Did you have much time on the air shock before you made the switch?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinciSean View Post
    Did you have much time on the air shock before you made the switch?
    Yep it sucked lol i had the bottom c build, so i got the bottom rs deluxe with just the rebound adjustment. It leaked air and had clicking sound.

mtbr member
    Very wet in socal today.

SendIt
    So i take it no one knows what these are for, that came with my Bronson v3?? Since seems no one answered my question earlier, or just didnt see it

The 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson (v3)-20190111_230103.jpg

Coffee Drinker

Phil
    Jul 2010
    So i take it no one knows what these are for, that came with my Bronson v3?? Since seems no one answered my question earlier, or just didnt see it

Name:	20190111_230103.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	1233169
    Frame protection

Phil
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
    Why doesn't taking the connectamajig off the reverb and replacing it with this piece work?

Name:	se243d07.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	1233083

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-R...SABEgIz4vD_BwE

And this barb and strain relief also comes with a replacement hose kit.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-R...placement-Hose

I have a 170mm B1 reverb that i did this with that gave me the right clearance.

Name:	IMG_3294.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	564.3 KB 
ID:	1233084
    Iíve replaced the connectamajig connector with the barb and strain relief on a few reverb stealths. Works fine

SendIt
    Quote Originally Posted by asuprice View Post
    Frame protection

Thats what i was assuming but just thought maybe i was missing something..lol Thank you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by asuprice View Post
    Iíve replaced the connectamajig connector with the barb and strain relief on a few reverb stealths. Works fine

Correct. Those do work fine. Just not short enough for a reverb 150 on a medium frame to be inserted to the collar. The other style that comes with the bronson is 20mm shorter than that style connector. It uses a shorter strain relief and also a shorter aluminum piece that clips into the bottom of the post. I tried them all before sorting it out.

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Correct. Those do work fine. Just not short enough for a reverb 150 on a medium frame to be inserted to the collar. The other style that comes with the bronson is 20mm shorter than that style connector. It uses a shorter strain relief and also a shorter aluminum piece that clips into the bottom of the post. I tried them all before sorting it out.

Even with the new style connector on a reverb on a medium frame I could not push a 150mm all the way down to the collar.

mtbr member
    Even with the new style connector on a reverb on a medium frame I could not push a 150mm all the way down to the collar.
    I have the same thing on mine. But i dont ďneedĒ full insertion. I have short legs at 29Ē inseam and can still use the 150mm dropper just fine now. But even with the other style smaller barb like posted earlier i could not as it wouldnt go down far enough without destroying the cable inside the seat tube.

The shitty thing is guys building up frame from previous builds that may need that new style connector cannot buy just that from rockshox as of yet. Hopefully soon tho.

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    I have the same thing on mine. But i dont ďneedĒ full insertion. I have short legs at 29Ē inseam and can still use the 150mm dropper just fine now. But even with the other style smaller barb like posted earlier i could not as it wouldnt go down far enough without destroying the cable inside the seat tube.

The shitty thing is guys building up frame from previous builds that may need that new style connector cannot buy just that from rockshox as of yet. Hopefully soon tho.

exactly my problem. i was planning on swapping some stuff but between the things not compatible and the things i want to change, it may just be worth going for a complete bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Probably won't ever be able to buy it as RockShox don't sell B1 reverb parts.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    If anyone is interested in the brakes, rear shock, or 170 reverb off of a brand new xx1 build I have coming I'm going to pull them off new.

mtbr member
    If anyone is interested in the brakes, rear shock, or 170 reverb off of a brand new xx1 build I have coming I'm going to pull them off new.
    What brakes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Rode a pike 1RCT3 50mm on my Bronson V1, looking for a new fork recommendation this go around on the V3 on order. I never thought about looking at foxk offset and axle-crown measurements when I built my pike it, it was just the "hot fork" in 2014-2015.... Currently I've been looking at the Lyrik and the Fox 36 Grip 2.. Judging by the data below the fork physical dimensions are really similar. The Lyrik is only 3mm taller and has 2mm more offset if you choose the 46mm version.

I've heard a lot of really good things from both forks. Also, since the forks are really similar sized it's probably honestly a toss up with perhaps the edge going to the Fox?

Looks like the axle to crown measurement on the Lyrik is 40mm taller or 1.57".
    Fox - 549mm
    Lyrik - 552mm

Fork Offsets are:
    Fox - 44mm +/- 2.5mm
    Lyrik - 37mm or 46mm options

Sources:
    Fox : https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=805

Lyrik : https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...ger2-46mm-blk#

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmokeu2 View Post
    Rode a pike 1RCT3 50mm on my Bronson V1, looking for a new fork recommendation this go around on the V3 on order. I never thought about looking at foxk offset and axle-crown measurements when I built my pike it, it was just the "hot fork" in 2014-2015.... Currently I've been looking at the Lyrik and the Fox 36 Grip 2.. Judging by the data below the fork physical dimensions are really similar. The Lyrik is only 3mm taller and has 2mm more offset if you choose the 46mm version.

I've heard a lot of really good things from both forks. Also, since the forks are really similar sized it's probably honestly a toss up with perhaps the edge going to the Fox?

Looks like the axle to crown measurement on the Lyrik is 40mm taller or 1.57".
    Fox - 549mm
    Lyrik - 552mm

Fork Offsets are:
    Fox - 44mm +/- 2.5mm
    Lyrik - 37mm or 46mm options

Sources:
    Fox : https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=805

Lyrik : https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...ger2-46mm-blk#
    I don't know if is still available but my 170mm 27.5 Lyrik is 42mm offset.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiril View Post
    Hi Chiburi, how does the climb of the Bronson V3 vs the Yeti SB6? Am looking at the Bronson mainly due to the steeper seat angle, yet same head angle of the SB6. Am sold on steep seat angles for climbing after riding my YT Capra 29 AL. Thought of swapping out my SB6 frame for the Bronson AL purely on the seat angle and easier climbing capability. Plus, am no Richie Rude, the SB6 needs to be ridden hard and fast all the time to feel good.

Cheers mate.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I had a Yeti SB6 and have owned 4-5 Yetis; now I ride a Bronson V3. My opinion is that my V3 pedals and climbs better than my SB6. It just doesn't wonder around/front tire is very planted, even with 170mm up front.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    So, I guessing just a misprint, but can anyone explain to me why the exploded view for both the carbon and the aluminum frame in the bike archive section list a DT RWS Axle 142x12 and not Boost. I just ordered a frame and I know it's boost but this threw me for a little bit of a loop when I first saw it as I've ordered a new crank and hub based on the fact that my current bike is still (142x 12) and not (148x12 Boost).

Coffee Drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by skyboss View Post
    So, I guessing just a misprint, but can anyone explain to me why the exploded view for both the carbon and the aluminum frame in the bike archive section list a DT RWS Axle 142x12 and not Boost. I just ordered a frame and I know it's boost but this threw me for a little bit of a loop when I first saw it as I've ordered a new crank and hub based on the fact that my current bike is still (142x 12) and not (148x12 Boost).
    Only the Bronson V1 shows being 142x12 in the archives,, for me. May have been a misprint that has since been corrected.

EDIT Ah, I see it now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    All Santa Cruz boost frames use the DT swiss 142x12 RWS axle. To accommodate boost SC slimmed down the dropout thickness.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    All Santa Cruz boost frames use the DT swiss 142x12 RWS axle. To accommodate boost SC slimmed down the dropout thickness.
    That makes sense, thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just heard from my dealer that the XTR kits are delayed yet again till March. And they're changing the cranks to a compatible one from another brand in order for that to happen. Bummer.

SendIt
    Hey guys,
    I was trying to get my reverb lower in my seat post and i ended up kinking the hose on the end of the reverb. It still works fine but just worried if i banged the reverb on the bottom of the seat tube i hope i didnt damage the internal routing on the bronson frame. Im able to push the reverb down maybe an inch from the collar but the cable wont come out any further out front.

Im thinking of just going with the Wolf tooth sustain kit which converts it to cable lever. Or just going with a Fox transfer as i dont wanna deal with the reverb leaking now that the hose is kinked pretty bad. And i dont wanna have to bleed it. Just have heard horror stories about the reverb...

Anyone ever use the wolf tooth sustain kit. Any suggestions on why it kinked and now wont let me pull the cable all the way threw...

mtbr member
    Hey guys,
    I was trying to get my reverb lower in my seat post and i ended up kinking the hose on the end of the reverb. It still works fine but just worried if i banged the reverb on the bottom of the seat tube i hope i didnt damage the internal routing on the bronson frame. Im able to push the reverb down maybe an inch from the collar but the cable wont come out any further out front.

Im thinking of just going with the Wolf tooth sustain kit which converts it to cable lever. Or just going with a Fox transfer as i dont wanna deal with the reverb leaking now that the hose is kinked pretty bad. And i dont wanna have to bleed it. Just have heard horror stories about the reverb...

Anyone ever use the wolf tooth sustain kit. Any suggestions on why it kinked and now wont let me pull the cable all the way threw...
    If ur already having insertion issues with the reverb the sustain wont work as it adds more length and also requires cable sheath movement to actuate. Bike yolk is a better kit for working properties but it still add too much length for this frame.

What end do u have on the reverb.

In all the posts ive tried the reverb b1 has been the best post ive had by a long shot

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

SendIt
    If ur already having insertion issues with the reverb the sustain wont work as it adds more length and also requires cable sheath movement to actuate. Bike yolk is a better kit for working properties but it still add too much length for this frame.

What end do u have on the reverb.

In all the posts ive tried the reverb b1 has been the best post ive had by a long shot

Im not sure what end i have on my reverb. Its the stock reverb that came on my Bronson x01 build. Its a 150mm reverb b1 im assuming. I would guess its the new shorter end but ill have to check.

I just wish i wouldnt have pushed the reverb so far down, that it caused the line to kink a bit. Its working fine and i will probably just leave it.

I will have to buy a new line for the reverb at some point. Also the bike shop i got my Bronson from cut the reverb line short to where my handle bars can barely turn 180. It was cut just a bit to short.

mtbr member
    Im not sure what end i have on my reverb. Its the stock reverb that came on my Bronson x01 build. Its a 150mm reverb b1 im assuming. I would guess its the new shorter end but ill have to check.

I just wish i wouldnt have pushed the reverb so far down, that it caused the line to kink a bit. Its working fine and i will probably just leave it.
    If u have enough cable u can always just cut out the kinked part and be back to normal. Or just get another reven hose. They r cheap

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

SendIt
    Yeah thats the issue, the hose is already cut pretty short as i can barely turn my bars 180. The shop cut the hose super short.

Also i would need to purchase a reverb bleed kit if i wanted to replace the hose correct??

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    What posts have you tried?

IMHO a BikeYoke revive is night and day better than a Reverb, the Fox transfer is better too.

SendIt

IMHO a BikeYoke revive is night and day better than a Reverb, the Fox transfer is better too.
    By chance would you know if a Fox Transfer 150 will fit almost all the way down in a Large v3 frame ?? I dont need it all the way down to the collar but maybe 3 inches up.

mtbr member
    haven't checked this thread in awhile. too bad some of you guys are having issues with your super deluxe shocks. mine feels amazing, at least as good as the Float X2s I ran on my two previous bikes. I think the shock mount bearings have a lot to do with it too. it feels equally good on high speed, rough trail as it does sending jumps.

for those of you with the knocking and looseness, I posted earlier in the thread that on my bike, the source was the headset top cap, which dips down in the center, and requires more than usual amount of clearance from the fork steerer tube. my headset was tightened all the way down but was still slightly loose until I trimmed my steerer tube. because I had tightened the headset (several times) I moved on to other suspects, thinking it might be the shock mount bearings before I found the cause. just something else to check before you decide you need a new shock.

SendIt
    I did some research and the Fox Transfer is going to work for me. It can be inserted to the depth i would need. Also i just want a simple cable driven dropper. I hate dealing with fuild and bleeding. The breaks are enough to deal with for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Does anyone have a GXP bottom bracket - wondering whether to use the spacer that comes with it as this will affect the chain line.

SRAM say don't use spacers on a 73mm BB shell while forums say that SRAM made an error in the manual and one should be used on the drive side.

Anyone have experience with this?

mtbr member

Havent tried the revive, but the transfer sux. Reliable yes but super high stack heigh, u can get another post and get an extra 50mm of drop over the transfer. Plus the transfer is stupid slow return.

Ive owned

Command post
    Reverb
    Reverb b1
    Oneup
    Transfer
    Ks lev integra
    Giant contact
    9.8 fall line

Reverb b1 has beeen auper reliable, easy rebuild, available parts, and if u get the slow return in cold weather u can just rebleed the lever and add a touch of extra fluid or cold fluid and ur set.

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    Havent tried the revive, but the transfer sux. Reliable yes but super high stack heigh, u can get another post and get an extra 50mm of drop over the transfer. Plus the transfer is stupid slow return.

Ive owned

Command post
    Reverb
    Reverb b1
    Oneup
    Transfer
    Ks lev integra
    Giant contact
    9.8 fall line

Reverb b1 has beeen auper reliable, easy rebuild, available parts, and if u get the slow return in cold weather u can just rebleed the lever and add a touch of extra fluid or cold fluid and ur set.

First gen reverb sucks. I rebuild mine 2x, would get 3-4 runs then it would sink i verytime i sat on the post. I have the raceface and im replacing it with a one up.

mtbr member
    First gen reverb sucks. I rebuild mine 2x, would get 3-4 runs then it would sink i verytime i sat on the post. I have the raceface and im replacing it with a one up.

Agreed. Any reverb before the b1 had issues with reliability.

Recent Bikes:
    2017 Norco Range C7.1
    2018 Norco Sight C7.1
    2016 Devinci Troy Carbon

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hardboiled View Post
    haven't checked this thread in awhile. too bad some of you guys are having issues with your super deluxe shocks. mine feels amazing, at least as good as the Float X2s I ran on my two previous bikes. I think the shock mount bearings have a lot to do with it too. it feels equally good on high speed, rough trail as it does sending jumps.

for those of you with the knocking and looseness, I posted earlier in the thread that on my bike, the source was the headset top cap, which dips down in the center, and requires more than usual amount of clearance from the fork steerer tube. my headset was tightened all the way down but was still slightly loose until I trimmed my steerer tube. because I had tightened the headset (several times) I moved on to other suspects, thinking it might be the shock mount bearings before I found the cause. just something else to check before you decide you need a new shock.
    its definitely the shock buddy, me and another guy have both swapped our shocks out on v3's (his a r and mine rct) and both issues instantly went away

the shock did feel good though, I cant fault it in terms of performance, I was pretty shocked (lol) how good it actually felt, but its a real deal breaker just how annoying the knock/looseness was, it was unbearable, and im sure if you had it, you would feel the same

mines is now off at SRAM so will report back if they actually do anything to it or what they find...im half expecting it to just come back and say its fine though

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Agreed. Any reverb before the b1 had issues with reliability.

And after b1 too

mtbr member
    its definitely the shock buddy, me and another guy have both swapped our shocks out on v3's (his a r and mine rct) and both issues instantly went away

the shock did feel good though, I cant fault it in terms of performance, I was pretty shocked (lol) how good it actually felt, but its a real deal breaker just how annoying the knock/looseness was, it was unbearable, and im sure if you had it, you would feel the same

mines is now off at SRAM so will report back if they actually do anything to it or what they find...im half expecting it to just come back and say its fine though
    please let us know what the problem was!

Thirsty
    Just bought a new Bronson. Anyone know how big of a chain ring will fit up front? Iíd like to put an Absolute Black oval 34 T or 36T on if it will fit. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Any updates from those who have fitted the Fox X2 shock on their Bronson? Now we know it fits but I'm starting to think the cause of scratches is from mud/dirt clearance in the chunnel.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Just bought a new Bronson. Anyone know how big of a chain ring will fit up front? Iíd like to put an Absolute Black oval 34 T or 36T on if it will fit. Thanks
    according to their site, a 36T is max chainring size you can run on the bronson. my son is currently running a 34T with no issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    If 36T is the max, then I wouldnít recommend anything larger than a 34T oval.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Any month or two long reviews on a Float X2 on these bikes? Anyone having rubbing issues?

Thirsty
    Quote Originally Posted by mikericci View Post
    If 36T is the max, then I wouldnít recommend anything larger than a 34T oval.
    yeah thatís my thinking too. I ordered a 34 oval.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yeah hope to hear some reviews of the X2

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Hi Guys I'm building a bronson v3 and having issues with the chain line, santa cruz say that's its a 55mm chain line and that's what I have currently set it up as but this doesn't look right. Can anyone with a standard off the shelf build bronson please give me a messurement from the side of the frame to the centre of the front chain ring please. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Just fitted a Cane Creek Helm air fork and a DB coil CS rear shock onto my Bronson. Cannot wait to get out and try them, the fork feels very very nice and I am a big fan of the function of the climb switch on the rear shock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just fitted a Cane Creek Helm air fork and a DB coil CS rear shock onto my Bronson. Cannot wait to get out and try them, the fork feels very very nice and I am a big fan of the function of the climb switch on the rear shock.
    WHAT!!! I'm so jealous. I've been waiting for more than 2 months for my DB coil CS and now you have one on your Bronson! Please, please, a picture! And can't wait for your ride report.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider View Post
    WHAT!!! I'm so jealous. I've been waiting for more than 2 months for my DB coil CS and now you have one on your Bronson! Please, please, a picture! And can't wait for your ride report.
    Here you go:
    Untitled by rick.draper@btinternet.com, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jan 2019

Nice!! That coil shock looks awesome!

I'm just completing my build - but having trouble with my chain line - any chance you could measure from your frame to to center of chain ring and let me know what it is please? Santa Cruz mentions the Bronson uses a 55mm chain line but I have a feeling it could be a 52mm!? Cheers in advance!

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    That coil shock looks awesome!!
    I'm just completing my build - but having trouble with my chain line - any chance you could measure from your frame to to center of chain ring and let me know what it is please? Santa Cruz mentions the Bronson uses a 55mm chain line but I have a feeling it could be a 52mm!? Cheers in advance!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I measured mine as 52mm

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzkiwi View Post
    That coil shock looks awesome!!
    My chanline measures 52mm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Scpage View Post
    My chanline measures 52mm.
    Hey, thanks heaps for taking the time to check!

And to everyone else sorry about all my double ups of messages - forum rookie here!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Did you have to custom order the shock to get the fitment?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thats it, you just climb on the top of the sickest Bronson v3 list. Man this looks good and it will probably ride even better...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Did you have to custom order the shock to get the fitment?
    It's an off the shelf fitment now from Cane Creek.

Chazmann87
    Jan 2019
    All of these high end builds are beautiful... but is anyone here on an aluminum version? Iím looking at the al S. Itís listed as 33lbs and Iím wondering how significantly that will really be felt in comparison to a $10k build? Anyone else on an aluminum one!? Especially, anyone test a full carbon and then buy an aluminum?
    Last edited by chazmann87; 3 Days Ago at 06:27 PM.

Chazmann87
    Jan 2019
    Thanks!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast