Your ALL TIME fav salsa paint jobs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Your ALL TIME fav salsa paint jobs

During my bike commute home tonight i was dreaming about what the next round Salsa colors might be, which got me thinking about which past paint jobs have been my favorite so far, and there have been many, as they are always the best anyone in the industry offers IMO.

What colors have you drooled over thus far?

I think my fav 3 have been:

Orange Dos Niner (REALLY wanted one)
    Casseroll Mustard
    And everything TI/satin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your ALL TIME fav salsa paint jobs-2007-salsa-dos-niner.jpg  

Your ALL TIME fav salsa paint jobs-salsa1.jpg  

Your ALL TIME fav salsa paint jobs-dk_1_eki.jpg  

Harmonius Wrench
    All good ones there Toby.

I'll put in a vote for the color and graphic style on the Big Mama/ El Kaboing.

The first graphics on the Fargo, but not necessarily the color.

The first Mamasita was HOT!

And for the finale- Going to the "wayback machine", I would love to have a "poof-de-flage" Salsa with original decal style.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The Bomb Pop Blue El Mariachi.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    All good ones there Toby.
    Not Tobie, i am this guy: Chad Ament

I am thinking about tagging along with Ari to the Death Ride, maybe i will see you then.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I really like the orange La Cruz.

I also really liked that special edition El Mariachi in cream and root beer. That was a slick looking bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Oh, and if we're going vintage then definitely the jelly beans.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas View Post
    Not Tobie, i am this guy: Chad Ament

I am thinking about tagging along with Ari to the Death Ride, maybe i will see you then.
    Sorry! Let's try again.....

"All nice ones Chad."

Yeah, the "jelly beans" were another signature Salsa paint job too, but I'm always drawn to the camo and sponge painted Salsa's myself.

I'll add that the tomatilla green El Mars were pretty sweet looking too. Love that color.

(Hope to see you at the GTDRI with Ari.)
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    This and the 25th anniversary brown El Mar

mtbr member
    My fav are 3:

Two for Dos Niner: Orange Peelz and Very Verde Green.
    On Mamasita I love the Tomatillo Green.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your ALL TIME fav salsa paint jobs-salsa-dos-niner-very-verde-green.jpg  

On your left.
    Jan 2004
    The pinstripe flame motif on any color (orange, green, black) has always looked great and uniquely Salsa. The green is sweet - looks great with most other components and seems appropriate for an mtb bike anyway.

I can't resist saying I'm not a fan of the new fake brush stroke accents. Looks like cheap Microsoft clipart - especially on the anodized Spearfish.
    M

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
    The pinstripe flame motif on any color (orange, green, black) has always looked great and uniquely Salsa. The green is sweet - looks great with most other components and seems appropriate for an mtb bike anyway.

I can't resist saying I'm not a fan of the new fake brush stroke accents. Looks like cheap Microsoft clipart - especially on the anodized Spearfish.
    I agree.

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post

I'll put in a vote for the color and graphic style on the Big Mama/ El Kaboing.
    Agreed, I loved the graphics and the color of my Big Mama. Intricate, but subtble.

I dig the brown Vaya too and would have chosen that one was it not for the replacable derailleur hanger on the orange Vaya.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The red El Mar holds a special place on my heart as well. The dark gray Pistola really rocked too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
    +2. Those paint schemes are my vote for the best looking Salsa paint. I have a soft spot for the Chili Con Crosso green paint scheme.

EDIT:
    I would be remiss if I didn't also mention that I love everything Ti as well (as H/o/M mentioned).

Last edited by 家ndyA; 06-12-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Additional info...
    Randy

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    I got one of the last mustard Casserolls in Australia before they finished. It's still in pristine condition and I'll keep it for ever. I have the matching long sleeve jersey too!
    I love the two-tone green El Mariarchi. Regrets that I never got one...
    My Selma is lovely with matching light blue rims.
    Very disappointed with the new style of paint jobs of the last year or two. Very cheap looking and just not Salsa...
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Couldn't find a pic that does it justice, but El Mariachi LE in the brown and white = easily the best ever...

mtbr member
    I also really love the new Blue El Mar and the Orange Spearfish, i just feel like i need to go through a dating phase before i place them in my hall of fame, but i think they will get there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas View Post
    I also really love the new Blue El Mar and the Orange Spearfish, i just feel like i need to go through a dating phase before i place them in my hall of fame, but i think they will get there.
    Agreed on the El Mar blue. I'd also throw out the green on the current El Mar 3. In the sun, that green has a gold glow. It's beautiful.

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacons View Post
    Agreed on the El Mar blue. I'd also throw out the green on the current El Mar 3. In the sun, that green has a gold glow. It's beautiful.

The current El Mar blue and green, or bomb pop blue, with the graphics of the Big Mama/El Kaboing/Red Mamasita (rather than the current graphics, which I cant actually describe) would be complete and total radness

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm partial to the Orange Dos Niner (which I own). I would agree that the current Salsa graphics, while nice, don't have quite the same pizzazz the older ones have.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I like the graphics on my Big Mama but not a huge fan of the color. I also don't care for the Ti / satin look. I really like the new orange Spearfish, the bomb pop blue EM, the La Cruz and blue Casserole.

Members who have read this thread: 0