• 09-24-2016
    schnee
    Why are Alternator Maxle drop-outs out of stock for 3+ months straight?
    Alternator drop outs
    142mm x 12mm axle
    Right, left, and axle set

These damn things have been out of stock at every single web shop I've searched, for three months straight. Does anyone know if they've just stopped offering them after market?

I kept being told early this year that the Bearpaw carbon fork - the fat bike 150mm axle carbon fork with Salsa Anything Cage - would be available after-market in July. It's several months past that, and nothing. I doubt it will ever arrive.

Is it just me, or are they having supply issues?
  • 09-24-2016
    NZPeterG
    Hi
    They have changed supplies in Asia.
    It has slowed up Salsa bikes and parts.
    Plus some parts have changed for 2017.
    It's just a load of delays.
    Waiting on the cool new bikepacking bag's.

Kiwi Pete out Bikepacking somewhere ☺
  • 09-24-2016
    demondan
    I waited months to get a through axle kit for my mukluk. I had my shop back order it. QBP likes to keep stuff out of stock. At some point it will be in stock...
  • 09-24-2016
    buffallodan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schnee View Post
    Alternator drop outs
    142mm x 12mm axle
    Right, left, and axle set

These damn things have been out of stock at every single web shop I've searched, for three months straight. Does anyone know if they've just stopped offering them after market?

I kept being told early this year that the Bearpaw carbon fork - the fat bike 150mm axle carbon fork with Salsa Anything Cage - would be available after-market in July. It's several months past that, and nothing. I doubt it will ever arrive.

Is it just me, or are they having supply issues?

There is a way to get the through axle but you have to buy the kit (FS1332) for fatbike and then buy the 142 axle seperate. Customer service guy was sorry to tell me he knew this was a poor option but it is an option. I am wanting to build some B+ wheels and want to go through axle and this just adds to the cost...